Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Issue With Text Resizing Code

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Ulkira
Nukenin
Ulkira

Issue With Text Resizing Code Vide
PostSubject: Issue With Text Resizing Code Issue With Text Resizing Code EmptyFri 28 Mar 2014, 2:31 am

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but I figured I'd bring it up anyway.

Since yesterday, each time I tried to resize text to anything smaller than 13px, the coding automatically changes it to 10px if I preview the post, or go back to edit it. Say I posted something in "size=11" (which is the font size I use): if I click "Edit" after the initial posting, the coding will have changed the 11 to a 10. The same occurs if I preview the post before hitting send.

I fiddled around a bit, and it seems that font type doesn't seem to be the cause, as even the site's default font is displaying this problem. Browser isn't the issue either, as both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome yield identical results. Heck, this blasted post is being subjected to this issue as well.
Back to top Go down
Tsumi Buredo
Tsumi Buredo

PostSubject: Re: Issue With Text Resizing Code Issue With Text Resizing Code EmptyFri 28 Mar 2014, 3:28 am

Tested this out for myself- I'm getting the same problem.

I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THIS WAS A THING. Issue With Text Resizing Code 287405
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

PostSubject: Re: Issue With Text Resizing Code Issue With Text Resizing Code EmptyFri 28 Mar 2014, 4:00 am

u wot

Edit: Seems to take effect on a phone browser too. Maybe you can stop being fancy and just use regular size text Issue With Text Resizing Code 287405

Last edited by BK-201 on Fri 28 Mar 2014, 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tsumi Buredo
Tsumi Buredo

PostSubject: Re: Issue With Text Resizing Code Issue With Text Resizing Code EmptyFri 28 Mar 2014, 4:03 am

BK-201 wrote:
Code:
[size=10]u wot[/size]
Back to top Go down
Enzo
Kumo Nin
Enzo

PostSubject: Re: Issue With Text Resizing Code Issue With Text Resizing Code EmptyFri 28 Mar 2014, 5:11 am

This is why I use HTML.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.darkbb.com/forum
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

PostSubject: Re: Issue With Text Resizing Code Issue With Text Resizing Code EmptySat 31 May 2014, 12:22 am

It's a bug that occurs for some reason with the codes on US. [Likely due to some intersecting code that no one can find] In my experience it only occurs on certain browers (chrome for me but not Firefox or Opera), but I dont know if anyone else shares a similar experience.

Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Issue With Text Resizing Code Issue With Text Resizing Code EmptySat 31 May 2014, 2:05 pm

I have chrome and it doesn't happen to me. Not on my computer nor on my phone. :/
Back to top Go down
Kite
Kumo Nin
Kite

PostSubject: Re: Issue With Text Resizing Code Issue With Text Resizing Code EmptySat 31 May 2014, 4:36 pm

These issues have been a problem ever since John's recoding of the site to apply this aesthetic theme. I've brought this up in the past, among other issues such as a lack of a navigation bar but it's been waved off every time. Eventually I just gave up. Someone needs to go into the site's coding and fix it or redo the theme (preferably someone who knows what they're doing, plz). I doubt it'll get fixed any time soon though.
Back to top Go down
TwinnyPuppy
TwinnyPuppy

PostSubject: Re: Issue With Text Resizing Code Issue With Text Resizing Code EmptySat 31 May 2014, 8:41 pm

A lot of coding seems to be botched when a post is being edited. For this reason I always keep the post saved in a temporary file and make the edits on that, then just copy/paste the whole thing to make sure none of the code gets messed up.

As Kite said, it's possible that it's a problem with the site's coding itself, so until the issue is fixed, I'd recommend taking the steps I described above, if at all possible.
Back to top Go down
http://captaintigglesworth.tumblr.com/
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

PostSubject: Re: Issue With Text Resizing Code Issue With Text Resizing Code EmptySat 31 May 2014, 8:50 pm

Short of fixing the layout code, there's little that can be done so, solved for now.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Issue With Text Resizing Code Issue With Text Resizing Code Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-