Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Out of Curiosity

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Sörä♀
Sörä♀

Out of Curiosity Vide
PostSubject: Out of Curiosity Out of Curiosity EmptyFri 02 May 2014, 3:10 am

Why is there no Kidomaru clan? It's cannon and we have most of the cannon clans soooooo why is it not here? Just out of curiosity...
Back to top Go down
MsMoney
Wanderer
MsMoney

Out of Curiosity Vide
PostSubject: Re: Out of Curiosity Out of Curiosity EmptyFri 02 May 2014, 3:43 am

The whole spider web deal?

Probably because no one could be bothered to make it. Or so I'd assume. I think the most popular/frequently seen clans that are cannon were made, and the rest would probably be up to the members to attempt at making. Or for the staff to later add due to requests.
Back to top Go down
Wind
Wind

Out of Curiosity Vide
PostSubject: Re: Out of Curiosity Out of Curiosity EmptyFri 02 May 2014, 6:30 am

There is also the thing where he was one of the cursed mark people(Much like the Kaguya) So it's hard to draw the line at which jutsu were clan based, and where were empowered by the curse seal to something more than just a clan technique. Personally, I wish that had been taken into more consideration with the Kaguya, cause they seem kinda OP to me. But that's just me, and I'm not saying modify the Kaguya.
Back to top Go down
TwinnyPuppy
TwinnyPuppy

Out of Curiosity Vide
PostSubject: Re: Out of Curiosity Out of Curiosity EmptyFri 02 May 2014, 7:08 am

MsMoney wrote:
The whole spider web deal?

Probably because no one could be bothered to make it.  Or so I'd assume.  I think the most popular/frequently seen clans that are cannon were made, and the rest would probably be up to the members to attempt at making.  Or for the staff to later add due to requests.  

^ This.

The canon clans that were written up by staff and put in the encyclopedia are either some of the most commonly seen clans in canon, or some of the more popular ones.

There are some other canon clans that AREN'T on the site, though. For example, Sakon and Ukon had a kekkei genkai, but the clan is both nameless and gives abilities that would be difficult to set appropriate boundaries on in an RP context.

Jūgo comes from a clan with a kekkei genkai revolving around the absorption of natural energy, but given that we don't know if all of his abilities stem from his bloodline or some were developed by him separately, not to mention the fact that it's the source of the curse seals, making it into a clan would take a lot of consideration.

It's likely that the same thing applies in Kidoumaru's case, assuming it IS actually a kekkei genkai and not simply some unique characteristics he has coupled with hijutsu that he's developed. I mean, Karin's sensory abilities were unique (she did have the Uzumaki bloodline and thus gained some abilities from it, but the level of her sensory abilities was something unique to her), and Hidan's immortality was not a common Jashinist trait, but a result of his own experimentation with the techniques of the religion. Granted, the ritual was something common to the Jashin religion, but that was it. There were no genetics involved.
Back to top Go down
http://captaintigglesworth.tumblr.com/
Sörä♀
Sörä♀

Out of Curiosity Vide
PostSubject: Re: Out of Curiosity Out of Curiosity EmptyFri 02 May 2014, 7:14 am

Alex... way to mess me up when I had a post written and then I had to read yours.

Anyways, you and Heida gave good explanations on that, so I assume this can be solved, I was just curious.

I wish someone would make the clan though xD It would be a really nice addition.
Back to top Go down
TwinnyPuppy
TwinnyPuppy

Out of Curiosity Vide
PostSubject: Re: Out of Curiosity Out of Curiosity EmptyFri 02 May 2014, 7:15 am

Sörä♀ wrote:
Alex... way to mess me up when I had a post written and then I had to read yours.

My bad man, I was on a roll with those examples ;-; lol.

In any case, there's no guarantee somebody will make it unless they really want to see it done, like you, so chances are your best bet is to do it yourself. XD
Back to top Go down
Sörä♀
Sörä♀

Out of Curiosity Vide
PostSubject: Re: Out of Curiosity Out of Curiosity EmptyFri 02 May 2014, 7:19 am

I'm too lazy and I already have a character I like. So, if I ever have another, maybe I'll do it then haha
Back to top Go down
TwinnyPuppy
TwinnyPuppy

Out of Curiosity Vide
PostSubject: Re: Out of Curiosity Out of Curiosity EmptyFri 02 May 2014, 7:20 am

XD Well, I suppose this can be solved, then?
Back to top Go down
Sörä♀
Sörä♀

Out of Curiosity Vide
PostSubject: Re: Out of Curiosity Out of Curiosity EmptyFri 02 May 2014, 7:23 am

Yes it can.
Back to top Go down
TwinnyPuppy
TwinnyPuppy

Out of Curiosity Vide
PostSubject: Re: Out of Curiosity Out of Curiosity EmptyFri 02 May 2014, 7:32 am

Solved!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Out of Curiosity Vide
PostSubject: Re: Out of Curiosity Out of Curiosity Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-