Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Blasting ring

View previous topic View next topic Go down
ReturningYoru
ReturningYoru

Blasting ring Vide
PostSubject: Blasting ring Blasting ring EmptyThu 26 Jun 2014, 10:16 am

So I was just wondering if a certain weapon would be allowed. It is an A-ranked weapon with B and A ranked uses. It looks like a ring but at A rank when my character pinches with a bit of chakra it's as if he has 4 times his strength but can only use it once. At b ranked it's 2 times strength but can do it twice. After it's use it takes 1 week OOC to be recharged enough for use. I figure the limits I put on it would be ok. What you think???
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Blasting ring Vide
PostSubject: Re: Blasting ring Blasting ring EmptyThu 26 Jun 2014, 12:42 pm

Blasting ring Doctor_wait_what

Took me a bit to figure out what the bloody devil you were saying. To translate for anyone else reading; "Can I have a ring that lets me launch a single punch with four times my strength, or two punches at twice my strength, with a week OOC recharge time between uses?"

Secondly, this sort of stuff goes in Forum Assistance.

Now, short answer; probably not.

Long answer; Disregarding how a simple "ring" can achieve such an effect, the strength SC in and of itself is already capable of some truly monstrous levels of strength, and I'm fairly certain that just as jutsu are barred from replicating SCs, so too would weapon effects. So even in regards to the absurdly long recharge time, it probably would be denied on basic "replicates" an SC principle, to say nothing of how absurdly devastating such a ring would be when combined with the various Strength SCs.
Back to top Go down
CleverYamanaka
Wanderer
CleverYamanaka

Blasting ring Vide
PostSubject: Re: Blasting ring Blasting ring EmptyThu 26 Jun 2014, 12:51 pm

Well I think that sounds awesome! Just a matter of justifying it. You want a ring that does something like that, plot it, work for it, and go do something for it. Then attempt to get it approved, while perhaps needing to downgrade the power level a bit. What if it's some kind of stone which can regulate chakra to create a blasting motion, thus making the punch appear stronger. Or, or, or, what if the ring, under the stone, has a seal [yes, like fuuinjutsu] which does something similar to my idea above, making the ring capable of striking with incredible force. If we have swords which can stretch [effectively creating mass] and various other abilities, I'd think a ring [with all the possibilities which may/should come with that] should be able to do something. Just because it's a ring, a simple object in theory, means nothing honestly. We're referring to Naruto, a world of magic items, and super-human child soldiers, gods, and legendary artifacts.

Just about how you phrase it, Yoru :]
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Blasting ring Vide
PostSubject: Re: Blasting ring Blasting ring EmptyThu 26 Jun 2014, 5:07 pm

Disregarding Zack's comment, because his app is filled with shit that should have never been accepted, I agree with Travis.

Weapons and Jutsu aren't usually allowed to have SC-like effects. Also on US we don't really have OOC cooldowns, nor would we consider a ring to be a "weapon"; brass knuckles, sure, but not a ring.

I don't know why you would choose a ring either, since surely, only the part of the body that was hit specifically by the ring, would experience its effect, and the ring doesn't have a large surface area.

If you're coating your whole hand/fist with chakra, that's just a Tai technique then.

P.S If you're set on a ring, trying to give it a physical-based ability is the completely wrong way to go. A ring would be best suited for chakra-based stuff, in particular, ninjutsu.
Back to top Go down
ReturningYoru
ReturningYoru

Blasting ring Vide
PostSubject: Re: Blasting ring Blasting ring EmptyThu 26 Jun 2014, 5:28 pm

Sorry the only reason it was written so horribly was because it's from my phone and it was late and my mind was clouded. Anyways what I was thinking was that the ring normally stored chakra in it. Now I know how the staff feels about chakra storage but rather than my character releasing it for jutsus and stuff it more coats his fist with the chakra and releases upon contact with whatever is solid. Plus I put this up on this one cuz I also want peoples idea on how to make it awesome
Back to top Go down
CleverYamanaka
Wanderer
CleverYamanaka

Blasting ring Vide
PostSubject: Re: Blasting ring Blasting ring EmptyFri 27 Jun 2014, 5:38 am

Chris wrote:
Disregarding Zack's comment, because his app is filled with shit that should have never been accepted, I agree with Travis.

Don't really know who's to blame there Thinking

My thinking, Chris, was this. If you can put a taijutsu jutsu on someone with average strength, you can justify someone having a ring that does the same thing. In fact, it's a pretty cool idea, if the rings had fuuinjutsu sealed under. You can make a strong punch stronger with a taijutsu jutsu, so why not make a strong punch stronger with some kind of interesting weapon.

Jutsu, whether directly, or through implication copy special characteristics. Someone with a B ranked taijutsu punch can probably crack a boulder with it, plus the aesthetic effects, blah blah. This is the same with someone having incredible strength, though it may also require a bit of endurance, etc, also. In some way, every way, you're gaining something basic from a jutsu, that's why they're used. But just because someone is strong does not mean that they would be completely unable to have a ring with an effect.

Who cares if it's in the shape of a ring. This is a Naruto weapon, why not make it that much cooler. It's just as easily justified. I believe A rank weapons are able to have fuuinjutsu sealed on them for the sake of effects. If you can punch, or expel force through most any other method [be it use of a jutsu, another weapon like the hand-air-vents, whatever] why not through a ring? Doesnt have to be completely, 100% logical. And he's not copying a special characteristic. He's gaining a ring with the sealed ability to create an impressive force, with the cost of chakra, through punching. Doesnt sound OP or broken to me, sounds like a ring with a cool ability, which can be used once or twice, and is deemed rather useless thereafter, until the recharge [I should note that forcing it into a weapon gives it some of its value back when its used it abilities, and is suffering recharge].

Beyond that, who's going to actually get hit by that punch in the first place? Most people dodge like bitches. And if they are hit, why is it a surprise that an A ranked weapon would be painful and dangerous. That said, this is probably the only A rank you'll find with so many flaws [being a ring, and therefore not a weapon at all, and instead an accessory with an ability that has to recharge], and it's not even 100% lethal. Get a good endurance, and this is doing next to nothing. Shielding jutsu, or some kind of defense, good luck ring bearer.

Last edited by CleverYamanaka on Fri 27 Jun 2014, 5:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Blasting ring Vide
PostSubject: Re: Blasting ring Blasting ring EmptyFri 27 Jun 2014, 5:48 am

CleverYamanaka wrote:
Chris wrote:

Don't really know who's to blame there Thinking

Having moderated your jutsu before, I'd split the blame fifty fifty between you and Adamn.
Back to top Go down
CleverYamanaka
Wanderer
CleverYamanaka

Blasting ring Vide
PostSubject: Re: Blasting ring Blasting ring EmptyFri 27 Jun 2014, 6:01 am

I'm like lol! because most were approved by you x]
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Blasting ring Vide
PostSubject: Re: Blasting ring Blasting ring EmptyFri 27 Jun 2014, 7:37 am

I had nothing to do with the jutsu your app started with, you little shit Blasting ring 287405
Back to top Go down
ReturningYoru
ReturningYoru

Blasting ring Vide
PostSubject: Re: Blasting ring Blasting ring EmptyFri 27 Jun 2014, 10:17 am

Ok if you want a better idea look up the Harry Dresdens ring. I chit the idea from that. His ring stores kinetic energy every day as he goes day to day. He is not the strongest of individuals so when he pinches it isn't very strong but when he uses his ring it makes his hit stronger. However it needs a recharge for a couple days in order to use the same strength again.
Back to top Go down
TwinnyPuppy
TwinnyPuppy

Blasting ring Vide
PostSubject: Re: Blasting ring Blasting ring EmptyFri 27 Jun 2014, 11:10 am

Regardless of the weapon's form, storing chakra for any purpose would require a seal of some sort. Since fuuinjutsu is not one of your specialties, you wouldn't be able to use a weapon like that.

That, and chakra storage technically isn't allowed to be carried between threads, if at all.

Also, moving this thread since it should be in forum assistance, not in general discussion.
Back to top Go down
http://captaintigglesworth.tumblr.com/
Cross
Cross

Blasting ring Vide
PostSubject: Re: Blasting ring Blasting ring EmptyTue 29 Jul 2014, 11:22 am

Can this be solved? e.e
Back to top Go down
ReturningYoru
ReturningYoru

Blasting ring Vide
PostSubject: Re: Blasting ring Blasting ring EmptyTue 29 Jul 2014, 7:01 pm