Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Admin talk

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

Admin talk Vide
PostSubject: Admin talk Admin talk EmptySat 27 Sep 2014, 8:55 pm

I'll keep this really simple.

I think we all know that we need a couple of Moderators and a new Admin to take care of more business. I don't know what a lot of our current staff members are up to, though I am pretty sure it's all related to the big two: Work and Uni/School/College. I made this topic because a lot of people have gotten really tired of waiting for things to actually happen around the site and because I feel like people might actually start visiting other sites because they are not progressing on US.

We currently have three Admins of which one is the Site Dad, One awakens every seventy or so years to do something for about a week before going back into hibernation and one that is tied down with tons of hours at work. I don't mind being "That guy" when it comes down to this, but I would think that it is about time we got another Admin in the picture. I'm not sure why Admins disappear so often [not including Trey], but I know enough to say that this is starting to look like Ingoo more and more every passing month.

As for the staff situation, we need more people on Eval and Creation because I haven't seen Monk in a while, Heida is busy, Ace is still trying along with Seika and as far as I know, Kage isn't even on staff anymore. That said, it brings up the question of who should take on such spots. As I said before about being "That guy", the current Forum Staff is made up from Kirigakure people for the biggest part [5/7: Counting the actual staff members, not the people that are still on it/not doing anything]. I personally think that there are some people that have been around the site long enough to deserve it in other villages too. And even if it is just to restore a little bit of the balance, I think other villages should be included in the staff list before more Kirigakure people get appointed.

It's been getting on a lot of people's nerves that Kirigakure is getting special treatment. While people might not notice it, I know from personal experience that it is way easier to approve things for people you have RPed with and is someone from your own village, so I won't blame people for doing it on purpose. However, I don't think it will fly well if more Kirigakure people are being put on staff as it will just be adding fuel to the fire. I personally hear about it every single day, and as a former Mod/Admin, I know how easy it can be to approve something for someone you like and how easy it can be to deny something for someone you dislike. That is more or less why I suggested that people look at other villages next.

That said, I would also like to have Mod powers on my Captain Konoha account so that I can create sticky threads in Konoha and stuff along those lines. It would help me a lot if I could actually do the OOC things for Konoha while I need to wait for my character and his stuff to be re-approved. While a lot of systems are currently being changed, I've been around the site for a pretty long time and know enough to be able to help out with Character Applications and things along those lines. In the past, Amy has always been Hokage/Eval. Currently, Kage and Trey both have mod powers while I personally can't create sticky threads and stuff like that to help add structure to Konoha now that Amy is gone. I don't mind being Hokage and putting a lot of time into the site to help other people, though it would be nice if people would throw me a bone every once in a while.

In short: I think that if people/staff will actually take some of this to heart and don't get pissy about the implication of favoritism that a lot of members of the site will feel a lot better about where this place is headed.
Back to top Go down
Daedalus
Konoha Nin
Daedalus

Admin talk Vide
PostSubject: Re: Admin talk Admin talk EmptySat 27 Sep 2014, 9:11 pm

I'm considering signing on as a temp mod myself. I would not mind you getting mod powers either considering what you have planned for konoha.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.com
MsMoney
Wanderer
MsMoney

Admin talk Vide
PostSubject: Re: Admin talk Admin talk EmptySat 27 Sep 2014, 9:27 pm

Any reason the same thing was posted three times? Or is my eyesight simply deceiving me?
Back to top Go down
Faker
Nukenin

Admin talk Vide
PostSubject: Re: Admin talk Admin talk EmptySat 27 Sep 2014, 9:56 pm

The staff has consistently shown a lack of leadership and alongside the ability to handle things in a timely matter. And I've only been here since April, and this extends way beyond my very short time here.
Back to top Go down
Cross
Cross

Admin talk Vide
PostSubject: Re: Admin talk Admin talk EmptySat 27 Sep 2014, 10:23 pm

Kind of agree with this topic, honestly.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Anna

Admin talk Vide
PostSubject: Re: Admin talk Admin talk EmptySat 27 Sep 2014, 10:36 pm

Vergil, you're other two topics were deleted due to repetition.

Also, the following stuff should not be read as me being pissy. I am as cool as a cucumber over here. Words can be "read" as any emotion so that's why im stating my emotion is: calm.

• A couple of new moderators and maybe at least one more admin would be nice. How does this get fixed? People need to sign up. Look at this topic: Here. Everyone has been mostly hired except the two inactive members at the top and Yoru. Perhaps Yoru was missed, I honestly don't know. But how do people expect to be added as mods if they do not actually apply?

- From there, staff will determine your ability of being a moderator based on various requirements, just like every job in the world has. If you don't meet the req's, you're not added to staff until you do. Plain and simple. But it starts with people actually applying. So get to it members.

• Favoritism: the practice of giving unfair preferential treatment to one person or group at the expense of another.

Precisely how is favoritism being shown towards Kirigakure when staff persistently tries to mod various creations/evaluations from other members in other villages? It's happenstance, or coincidence, that members from Kirigakure are staff. Again, look at the link I provided for the "Moderator Signups". Guess who applied the most - Kirigakure Members. There was one member who was from Kumo (and hes not active) and one from Konoha. Again, how does this get fixed? Apply and show up you deserve to be on staff. That goes towards all members.

• Also, with "favoritism", certain things take longer to grade than others. Depends on the item being portrayed. We have all dealt with waiting for approvals - staff included. I still have an equipment application that's been waiting for about a week to be looked over. Have I said anything about it? Actually no, because everyone is busy. I know "everyone is busy" doesn't sound like a viable excuse but it's true. Everyone constantly deals with their own battles day in and day out. Simply because someone is less busy than someone else, doesn't mean the first person can claim it's not an excuse because they do not walk in the other persons shoes. In my personal defense, I am unbiased. I don't care who you are, you will receive the same treatment as everyone else. I'm sure most staff members feel this way... but if they do not then they need to re-evaluate their position.

• Basically here's the cold hard truth - there isn't any favoritism going on despite what you might thing. Trey's slaving away at guides for the site, mods and doing what they can for all members, and again.. it's just a coincidence that half the staff is from Kirigkaure... but AGAIN look at who actually applied for a moderation position. Any questions?

• Mod powers. Yeah that's on a Trey or Adam thing (lol who's Darius)

Back to top Go down
Sörä♀
Sörä♀

Admin talk Vide
PostSubject: Re: Admin talk Admin talk EmptySun 28 Sep 2014, 1:35 am

Seika wrote:
Vergil, you're other two topics were deleted due to repetition.

Also, the following stuff should not be read as me being pissy. I am as cool as a cucumber over here. Words can be "read" as any emotion so that's why im stating my emotion is: calm.

• A couple of new moderators and maybe at least one more admin would be nice. How does this get fixed? People need to sign up. Look at this topic: Here. Everyone has been mostly hired except the two inactive members at the top and Yoru. Perhaps Yoru was missed, I honestly don't know. But how do people expect to be added as mods if they do not actually apply?

- From there, staff will determine your ability of being a moderator based on various requirements, just like every job in the world has. If you don't meet the req's, you're not added to staff until you do. Plain and simple. But it starts with people actually applying. So get to it members.

• Favoritism: the practice of giving unfair preferential treatment to one person or group at the expense of another.

Precisely how is favoritism being shown towards Kirigakure when staff persistently tries to mod various creations/evaluations from other members in other villages? It's happenstance, or coincidence, that members from Kirigakure are staff. Again, look at the link I provided for the "Moderator Signups". Guess who applied the most - Kirigakure Members. There was one member who was from Kumo (and hes not active) and one from Konoha. Again, how does this get fixed? Apply and show up you deserve to be on staff. That goes towards all members.

• Also, with "favoritism", certain things take longer to grade than others. Depends on the item being portrayed. We have all dealt with waiting for approvals - staff included. I still have an equipment application that's been waiting for about a week to be looked over. Have I said anything about it? Actually no, because everyone is busy. I know "everyone is busy" doesn't sound like a viable excuse but it's true. Everyone constantly deals with their own battles day in and day out. Simply because someone is less busy than someone else, doesn't mean the first person can claim it's not an excuse because they do not walk in the other persons shoes. In my personal defense, I am unbiased. I don't care who you are, you will receive the same treatment as everyone else. I'm sure most staff members feel this way... but if they do not then they need to re-evaluate their position.

• Basically here's the cold hard truth - there isn't any favoritism going on despite what you might thing. Trey's slaving away at guides for the site, mods and doing what they can for all members, and again.. it's just a coincidence that half the staff is from Kirigkaure... but AGAIN look at who actually applied for a moderation position. Any questions?

• Mod powers. Yeah that's on a Trey or Adam thing (lol who's Darius)

Sir

That's pretty much my take on this entire thing. Not really sure where you came up with the whole favoritism thing honestly. It sounds to me like you're saying that Kirigakure is being shown favoritism because they have more mods/admins than other villages. Since when in the holy hell does it matter how many mods/admins a village has over another village? As far as I can tell people (regardless of what color you are Razz) are waiting the same lengthy time. Reasons for such lengthy waits have been explained already, so yeah. 

I've been waiting for weeks on approval for something, I'm not bitching about it simply because I understand that everyone is busy and that there are shortages on staff. If it's true that some members are having issues with that and want to look at other sites, then by all means they have the right to do so. It would be a shame to see anyone go for such a matter as this but... such things do happen. 

I must now digress.

While I do agree that more staff should be implemented, I also think that not just anyone should receive such a promotion just because we are short. Being staff on US is a big order, especially if you're an active RP'er on the site. It drains your will to post and all motivation to do about anything else. It's why there is such a big turnover ratio on this site. The amount of mods that have come through here in the past two years is alarmingly high for a site that has been as active as US. It's really a neat thing that we are still as active as we are (IMO). 

Regardless Vergil, you mustn't make a topic where you seemingly try to be the good guy for all the members and let staff know that they need more staff... Like... don't you think they know they need more staff since they are the ones doing the work? I'm sure they all feel severely overwhelmed at the moment. Along with trying to be the good guy for the members means you must stay the good guy... You can't bring up one thing with good intentions and then switch to pretty much bashing Admins/mods with accusations such as favoritism without having any proof of such things (and Kirigakure having more mods than another village is not proof in the slightest.) Anyways, you're Vergil, so topics like this don't surprise me in the least.
Back to top Go down
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

Admin talk Vide
PostSubject: Re: Admin talk Admin talk EmptySun 28 Sep 2014, 2:00 am

First of all:
In regards to apparently triple posting.

Skype Chat wrote:
[27-9-2014 21:02:29] Becky: You triple posted your thread.
[27-9-2014 21:02:37] Becky: I deleted two of them as an FYI.
[0:36:13] Spectre -: Triple posted?
[0:36:23] Spectre -: The site has been weird for me all day
[0:36:28] Spectre -: Everything took super long
[0:36:31] Spectre -: tools didn't respond
[0:36:35] Spectre -: So i'm not even surprised

Second, I will like to say that you have it by the wrong end here Sora. Favoritism is something I hear a lot about when I talk to members of US on Skype, so it is hardly about "Bashing" staff and Admins as it is addressing something a lot of people don't feel right about. Cross being one of the few people that actually has the balls to state his agreement in public instead of talking about it behind people's backs shows that it is in fact an issue. There are very few people that would want to put themselves in this thread because they are afraid they will receive unfair treatment from that point on, and yeah, not making that up. I literally said that I am not blaming anyone for picking favorites / accidentily picking favorites because it is a thing that happens. As I have discussed with Seika, it's only normal for someone who is a Kage to put their village first. When one is an Admin, the list would pretty much be "Site > Personal Village > Other villages". If you had bothered to read what I said before accusing me of bashing someone, you would know that it is in fact not bashing at all as it is discussing something a lot of people are worried about. It became a legitimate fear that US is slowly turning into Ingoo.

On a note between thing: Sora, I would like it if you could keep this thread on track and not start derailing shit by calling me out on things that do not add anything to this particular thread. If you want to bitch about me personally, go start a blog or something or make your own FA thread, but keep it out of this before I will also start getting personal.

To follow up on that, I already told you that I do not mind being "That guy", so it's not about how I want to look like a hero of the people and bash people in the very next second. It has pretty much always been a problem on US that once the Admins disappear that the site pretty much goes down with it. While I do believe that Trey is doing a good job keeping up with both the site and his horrible work hours, we do need more people who can take care of things during the times when he is personally occupied with other business. It is for that reason that I think we need a second Admin that can fill in the time Trey personally can't do anything while also getting an Evaluation mod or two. As things are now, we pretty much had the period where a lot of new members are joining and are pretty much in the Red Zone where people are slowly falling into inactivity again. Staff not being able to keep up with the work load is not helping as I personally saw how few people have been posting in my Konoha Activity Check. The most notable thing was the lack of Genin that were still here last month, and as we all know, Genin are in most cases new members, so it did not take a rocket scientist to put the pieces of that puzzle together.

Seika wrote:
Mod powers. Yeah that's on a Trey or Adam thing (lol who's Darius)

While this was most likely implied as a joke, I have to say that Darius is one of the admins I have seen the least of in the past months. While I personally have little love for the guy, Zack at least gave up on his Admin status when he left. Though I am not saying Darius should just up and quit staff (Because the guy did do a lot of stuff when he was actually here), it might not be a bad choice to let someone else fill in that spot when he himself is in hibernation. The lack of leadership, the need for new moderators and a possible Admin is something that is seeing a lot of support in this thread alone, so I really do believe that this is something that has to happen sometime soon.

While I don't imagine it ending before the start of the new year, Naruto will end soon. At the very best, we will have the fabled fight between our favorite retards, closing a chapter, the picking of the new Hokage and the rebuilding of a new world order, though that will be about it. After that, Naruto as we know it will end. It may get some movies like Dragonball Z, get a lame-ass spin-off/follow up story like Dragonball GT or maybe even get a High-Def remake and a good movie that might inspire people to continue the actual story as is the case with our friend Goku, though I am personally not that willing to take chances when it comes to something as enjoyable to RP as Naruto. US really is a good site that has been around for a long time because some people at times just took over and started doing stuff when staff couldn't like Soph/Fox did in the past. While I would not compare myself to that, I did feel the need to bring all of this up in Forum Assistance in hopes that something would be done about this in a way that will benefit us all as a site. Maybe if we try hard enough, we can keep US alive at least a year or a bit longer after the Anime and Manga stop.

Finally, I do hope people don't feel offended by it because I am just bringing up the things that people are talking about and making it public so those that don't want to say it themselves won't have to.
Back to top Go down
Enzo
Kumo Nin
Enzo

Admin talk Vide
PostSubject: Re: Admin talk Admin talk EmptySun 28 Sep 2014, 2:20 am

Captain Konoha wrote:
I think we need a second Admin
Aww yeah
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.darkbb.com/forum
Ryuuza
Ryuuza

Admin talk Vide
PostSubject: Re: Admin talk Admin talk EmptySun 28 Sep 2014, 2:26 am

Enzo wrote:
Captain Konoha wrote:
Aww yeah

No. You'll just leave!

And I agree with one thing in this topic only, staff could use some help. Quickly getting things modded is never a bad thing. Great job on the idea Rolling Eyes (I assume that's why the staff sign up was created...)

And as for the "favoritism" I feel like some examples should be stated, because I think there might be some misconceptions on what you see as choosing favorites.

I find it rather dumb that there is even a "whistle blower" for this favoritism. Who in their right mind is scared enough to not say something? What's the worst that is going to happen? They're going to be told there isn't any? I really doubt that anyone else sees what you see, and you're simply made about some things that happened. If these people do exist, and are "scared" they need to step up. OTHERWISE, You should feel bad for being stupid.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WadewilsonSS33?feature=mhee
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

Admin talk Vide
PostSubject: Re: Admin talk Admin talk EmptySun 28 Sep 2014, 2:40 am

Ryuuza wrote:
Enzo wrote:
Captain Konoha wrote:
Aww yeah

No. You'll just leave!

And I agree with one thing in this topic only, staff could use some help. Quickly getting things modded is never a bad thing. Great job on the idea Rolling Eyes (I assume that's why the staff sign up was created...)

And as for the "favoritism" I feel like some examples should be stated, because I think there might be some misconceptions on what you see as choosing favorites.

I find it rather dumb that there is even a "whistle blower" for this favoritism. Who in their right mind is scared enough to not say something? What's the worst that is going to happen? They're going to be told there isn't any? I really doubt that anyone else sees what you see, and you're simply made about some things that happened. If these people do exist, and are "scared" they need to step up. OTHERWISE, You should feel bad for being stupid.

First of all, keep the personal attack in that big head of yours, because people like you and Sora that just want to make things personal and aim to derail a thread are starting to piss me off. Forum Assistance is, as it says in the name, intended to help the people on the forum when problems are encountered. And yes, there are in fact people that don't want to speak up about this themselves because they feel like they'll become treated negatively. Aside from that, I will refer to my earlier post and again remind you that this is a Forum Assistance thread, so if you have nothing to add aside from personal attacks, I would very much enjoy it if you crawl back into that hole you trolls call home.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Anna

Admin talk Vide
PostSubject: Re: Admin talk Admin talk EmptySun 28 Sep 2014, 4:00 am

Captain Konoha wrote:

Favoritism is something I hear a lot about when I talk to members of US on Skype, so it is hardly about "Bashing" staff and Admins as it is addressing something a lot of people don't feel right about. Cross being one of the few people that actually has the balls to state his agreement in public instead of talking about it behind people's backs shows that it is in fact an issue. There are very few people that would want to put themselves in this thread because they are afraid they will receive unfair treatment from that point on, and yeah, not making that up. I literally said that I am not blaming anyone for picking favorites / accidentally picking favorites because it is a thing that happens.

These people need to step up and talk to someone via staff. Each of these members can talk to me if they wish, I will address their issues without stating their names if that is what they desire. I swear secrecy right now. Otherwise it's hard to believe your claims when you state "these people" because it comes off as you making people up. Surely it's not true that you are but if people feel passionately about this issue then they need to message me either pm's or via skype. Skype is much better: kelcie.severs

How can things get done if the member base is afraid to speak? We're not scary monsters ready to smite the first person that disagrees with us. An organization cannot fully function properly without its members speaking their problems. We are staff, we are here for EACH OF YOU. If we were here for ourselves then well, that just wouldn't make sense since we do not truly gain anything from this unpaid job with no benefits.

Captain Konoha wrote:
On a note between thing: Sora, I would like it if you could keep this thread on track and not start derailing shit by calling me out on things that do not add anything to this particular thread. If you want to bitch about me personally, go start a blog or something or make your own FA thread, but keep it out of this before I will also start getting personal.

Okay guys. Sora, it wasn't necessary to call him out publicly like you had but you are both at fault here because, Verg, you also did not need to include this comment in this post because you are only further "derailing" the topic. Ignore the comments next time and let Staff deal with the issue instead. You didn't help.

New Member Issues?
[This is irrelevant from the topic but I will just address it anyway]
A way to counteract any "issues" about new members not joining is to keep up with advertising. We hosted a contest but only four people advertised. Yuurei did a FANTASTIC job with advertising. He set a fine example for everyone. Keeping the forum alive is not solely a staff issues; its a site wide issue that also involves members. Everyone has responsibility with drawing in new members and doing their best to keep them around. But, overall, bare in mind that right now everyone is getting knee deep in school/college/etc. Wait until January, we will likely have an activity boom again like this past January. Activity always cycles, depending on the season and what's going on.

Site Dying?:
[This is also irrelevant to what was being discussed...]
Just because Naruto ends does not mean the site will. It only ends when members decide to quit. So... don't quit?

Enzo: Actually apply for staff ... otherwise stop randomly posting you wanna be admin... Also, start RPing.

Ryuuza:
Ryuuza wrote:

None of this was necessary and the last comment is especially not necessary; cut the insults. All you had to say was
"If these people do exist, and are "scared" they need to step up."
That's it.

Captain Konoha wrote:

First of all, keep the personal attack in that big head of yours, because people like you and Sora that just want to make things personal and aim to derail a thread are starting to piss me off. Forum Assistance is, as it says in the name, intended to help the people on the forum when problems are encountered. And yes, there are in fact people that don't want to speak up about this themselves because they feel like they'll become treated negatively. Aside from that, I will refer to my earlier post and again remind you that this is a Forum Assistance thread, so if you have nothing to add aside from personal attacks, I would very much enjoy it if you crawl back into that hole you trolls call home.

If you're upset about them "derailing" the topic then don't feed into their arguments. They'll just keep going. By retaliating your are instigating a fight. Also, if you're going to talk the talk then walk the walk. You merely insulted them back by talking about them insulting you - which puts you on their level and therefore all of you are to blame for this "derailing" issue.

THAT ALL BEING SAID

Let us focus on the reason for this topic without the personal attacks and insulting commentary or else I will see to it that each of you are banned for an undetermined amount of time. Here's your first and only warning. The FA topics with everyone getting mad at each other is getting old and taking staff members away from their staff work.

Due to addressing issues earlier...

Here's the topic matters to discuss:

• "Favoritism" - People need to speak up if they feel there's favoritism. Even though, as said, it doesn't exist. But I'll still hear you out (if you have solid proof of legitimate favoritism). Again, you can pm me or skype me if you are worried about public ridicule.
  • Admin/Mod Shortage - Staff knows we are short-staffed. If members have an issue with this then the best solution is to sign up for a mod position. Otherwise, please discontinue complaining about it because complaining about it gets us nowhere.
  • New Members Problems? - Actually I will let this be discussed here. Ya'll have problems with new members not staying? Then list your suggestions on how to fix this randomly brought up issue.
  • Site Death?- I'll bring this back up too. You feel the site is dying? Here's my advice. If you leave because you're mad at staff then you are contributing to the problem. The site isn't dying. It's very well alive right now. Kumogakure is growing for example (finally). A few new members joined. Why are "all these people" freaking out? If you remain active then what's the problem? Either you contribute to decreased members by leaving or you stay and help what you can. After all, members make the site run - not just staff.
Back to top Go down
Sörä♀
Sörä♀

Admin talk Vide
PostSubject: Re: Admin talk Admin talk EmptySun 28 Sep 2014, 6:03 am

I'm pretty sure that everything I said had something to do with this topic, so I didn't derail shit, Vergil. You're just upset that I'm calling you out in yet ANOTHER FA topic that you have made. If you don't want to hear that type of response, you shouldn't make a FA thread. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Anna

Admin talk Vide
PostSubject: Re: Admin talk Admin talk EmptySun 28 Sep 2014, 6:05 am

Sora, we get it. Post something that involves the topic and PM this directly to Verg next time.

Last warning.
Back to top Go down
Cross
Cross

Admin talk Vide
PostSubject: Re: Admin talk Admin talk EmptySun 28 Sep 2014, 6:21 am

I can understand how people would think they would get treated differently if they voice their opinions. So, at least people can respect that.

I do agree that leadership should be made, but, Trey is a hard working admin. Gotta hand it to him. He works a long length of time OOC, and comes on here to do more work. I've seen the list of things he's going to have to do AND ITS A LOT.

Now, seeing that he is the only admin, he put a lot of work into the site, even if people don't see it. Without him, we'd be stuck since Adam and Dari are practically not active. If we were to vote on a second admin, I'd personally vote Seika.

To another topic on this thread, the members might not want to do staff from seeing how they're treated and other various things. I'm not one to talk since when I was apart of staff, I got my view crashed from people thinking I was a horrible staff member; the point I'm getting to, Staff work and rping doesn't really handle well when things stack. I think that some sort of 'enforcers' or 'janitors' as they are called on most sites, allow members, monthly or weekly, get a try at staff work. It allows the member base to get trained in modding, and potentially have some back up staff members.

Not saying to start tossing out modships, but anything can help at this point.
Back to top Go down
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

Admin talk Vide
PostSubject: Re: Admin talk Admin talk EmptySun 28 Sep 2014, 4:45 pm

I agree with all Cross just said.
Back to top Go down
Ruka
Ruka

Admin talk Vide
PostSubject: Re: Admin talk Admin talk EmptySun 28 Sep 2014, 5:07 pm

I don't have nearly enough time to state my reasons why but:

Cross wrote:
If we were to vote on a second admin, I'd personally vote Seika.

As far as favoritism goes my stand is now as follows: Let them do it, even IF it exists what they'll achieve by it is another Ingoo. If that is their intention then so be it.

I know this isn't the Rolls Royce of argumentative posts but I find myself really busy lately unable to even keep up the minimum activity quotas I've set on myself so I ask you guys to forgive me, I've stated my opinion on all matters I consider relevant.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Admin talk Vide
PostSubject: Re: Admin talk Admin talk EmptySun 28 Sep 2014, 6:31 pm

o-o Favouritism?

Adam and Darius are supposed to be Konoha Jounin
Trey is Mizukage
Ace is from Kiri
Heida was originally from Kumo (and she was given mod when she was still in Kumo). Even so, her second character is in Konoha
Seika is from Kiri, but has a second character in Kumo
Monk is from Konoha
Kage has a character in Konoha and is Raikage
Puppy is from Konoha
I'm from Kiri, but my last 6 characters have been either Kumo or Konoha characters.

Unless we start having events solely for Kiri, where Kiri members get bazillion points, free jutsu, free SC, free summonings and what have you, I don't really think that you have a case for favourtism.

As for Cross, he was a mod himself not a month ago, and he was a nukenin at the time (and still is now, which baffles me because someone needs to do their job and kill him  TEEHEE ).

As for "mod powers", Kages get extra powers in the their own village to do things like sticky topics. So you'll get those. No need to ask.
Back to top Go down
Enzo
Kumo Nin
Enzo

Admin talk Vide
PostSubject: Re: Admin talk Admin talk EmptySun 28 Sep 2014, 7:09 pm

scratch

Quote :
Vergil: Staff is picking favorites on Kiri!

Staff: No we're not.

Vergil: Yes you are!

Staff: Prove it.

Vergil: ....

Vergil: Seika, from Kiri, should be Admin!

Gee, this totally doesn't reek of a setup. Thinking
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.darkbb.com/forum
NuclearTreerat
NuclearTreerat

Admin talk Vide
PostSubject: Re: Admin talk Admin talk EmptySun 28 Sep 2014, 7:12 pm

It took you this long to realize that US runs off favoritism? Anyone who was around when the site flatlined, was brought back from the brink by Amy & Chris, then saw Adam gleefully handing staff posts back to the very people who caused the dieoff knew that. Only its not based on villages but by who kisses the staff's ass the most.

As to a new admin, personally I don't think ANY of the current staff should get that spot. Why? When Lexi ran her mouth and almost sent a long-term & active player away for politely stating a solicited opinion, not ONE of them stepped up and told her to shut up. If they don't have the guts to tell off their own when they've clearly crossed a line for the umpteenth time, why should they be trusted with a higher post?
Back to top Go down
TwinnyPuppy
TwinnyPuppy

Admin talk Vide
PostSubject: Re: Admin talk Admin talk EmptySun 28 Sep 2014, 7:26 pm

NuclearTreerat wrote:
When Lexi ran her mouth and almost sent a long-term & active player away for politely stating a solicited opinion, not ONE of them stepped up and told her to shut up.

Is Lexi still on staff? No. She hasn't been since that incident. We didn't make a public spectacle of it, but it was still dealt with, rather swiftly at that. Publicly humiliating somebody is hardly appropriate or professional.

As for the favoritism bit - you're saying that Adam plays favorites. I hate to break it to you, but he's had more or less nothing to do with the newest reel, and hasn't even been around to do anything except give his two cents every now and then, so that's hardly relevant to the current state of the site. If you have more current examples, then please, share them. But what you've posted up really isn't helping your case.
Back to top Go down
http://captaintigglesworth.tumblr.com/
Anna
Anna

Admin talk Vide
PostSubject: Re: Admin talk Admin talk EmptySun 28 Sep 2014, 8:17 pm

I like Cross's suggestion. Thank you for staying on track with the subject.

Guys, quit recommending me as admin. I have extremely high doubts that it will ever happen lol.

Ruka - You're just fine. Thank you for contributing what you could manage, it's appreciated.

TwinnyPuppy wrote:
NuclearTreerat wrote:
When Lexi ran her mouth and almost sent a long-term & active player away for politely stating a solicited opinion, not ONE of them stepped up and told her to shut up.

Is Lexi still on staff? No. She hasn't been since that incident. We didn't make a public spectacle of it, but it was still dealt with, rather swiftly at that. Publicly humiliating somebody is hardly appropriate or professional.

As for the favoritism bit - you're saying that Adam plays favorites. I hate to break it to you, but he's had more or less nothing to do with the newest reel, and hasn't even been around to do anything except give his two cents every now and then, so that's hardly relevant to the current state of the site. If you have more current examples, then please, share them. But what you've posted up really isn't helping your case.
^ All of this. Please provide proof with the claims.

Is there anyone else that feels "favoritism" is an issue?
No one pm'ed me or skyped me after requesting them to. Door is still open so please feel free to drop a message if you're still upset. I want to resolve this with confidence that it will not be brought up again. At least until another year or so.

Would anyone like to touch on the rest of the mentioned issues?

Thank you Dae for stepping up to the plate and turning in an application for modship. That's how we truly resolve the previously mentioned issues.
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

Admin talk Vide
PostSubject: Re: Admin talk Admin talk EmptySun 28 Sep 2014, 8:26 pm

Enzo wrote:
scratch

Quote :
Vergil: Staff is picking favorites on Kiri!

Staff: No we're not.

Vergil: Yes you are!

Staff: Prove it.

Vergil: ....

Vergil: Seika, from Kiri, should be Admin!

Gee, this totally doesn't reek of a setup. Thinking

Admin talk Clapping_joker_batman_dark_knight

Well well well, it seems like you have figured out my elaborate plot of taking over the world. Good job, Mr. Bond.

_______

While Nuke may be taking things a little bit too far in his example, I do believe that there are other people that would be very capable on staff but were for some reason never picked. Though I heard recently that some of these people got approached for a position but could not do it anymore because they had a hard time at school, it seems like a case of "Too little, too late.". At some point, a lot of people signed up for staff but got ignored because they had an attitude. If having an attitude was any reason for someone to not be on staff, I am pretty sure some people who shall not be named would not have been on staff now or in the past. I am sure very few of you can disagree on that part, which is why I have always been a bit cynical towards how people get picked. Together with a lot of other things I have brought up in this thread that included but were not limited to the topic of favoritism and that there is a fear that US might become like Ingoo, I personally felt like that much had to be said.

Now, as I have said before in this thread, there were people that believed that there was a bad case of favoritism going in including myself at some point. While I started talking to several members of staff and personally found out that this is not even really the case, I am glad that actual members of staff took the time to address this issue so that everyone who refuses to speak up but still feels this way about it can see what is really going on. That's why I would mostly like to thank Seika for talking to me on Skype and keeping this thread orderly and free from personal attacks and derailment. [You're going to love this Enzo] As seen by how you handled this thread and how you helped make things clear to me and the other people I talk to on Skype, I do believe that you are the kind of person that would be fit for a spot as a possible Admin. While I know that much is not up to me, I know several people who feel the same way [Some have stated as much here in the thread] because you pretty much get along with a lot of people and survived my constant questioning without going insane.

So together with the matter of new people having to be picked to join up for staff in a manner suggested by Cross, the fact that the new candidate for Admin seems pretty obvious and explanation as to how there is little to no favoritism going on, I think we can pretty much lock up this thread as it served it's purpose.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Anna

Admin talk Vide
PostSubject: Re: Admin talk Admin talk EmptySun 28 Sep 2014, 8:40 pm

Solved
If there's still members who wish to speak about these subjects, please pm or skype me as requested. Again, I don't want to see another topic like this for about another year or so. Never would be better but let's be realistic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Admin talk Vide
PostSubject: Re: Admin talk Admin talk Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-