Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Regarding the infiltration. [Also serves as the OOC thread for the Infiltration thread]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

Regarding the infiltration. [Also serves as the OOC thread for the Infiltration thread] Vide
PostSubject: Regarding the infiltration. [Also serves as the OOC thread for the Infiltration thread] Regarding the infiltration. [Also serves as the OOC thread for the Infiltration thread] EmptyWed 29 Oct 2014, 5:24 pm

I was going to just let this sit and not be bothered with it, but I want some clarification on it anyway. Keep in mind that this thread is simply for clarification and only those involved and staff should post in it to keep it from derailing.

Now, the following points are just some of the things I am personally struggling with and would like to have clarified for myself and also make clear to our infiltrator.

1. Transformation Jutsu & Stealth SC
The way Shinjin entered the village through the use of an SC that lets you subdue your own chakra levels to make you look like a civilian level person seemed legit at first, until I looked into it a bit more. The use of the Transformation technique is an active jutsu that makes you look like someone or something else. Now, I personally don't think someone can use chakra and subdue it to make it look like less than it actually is. I get how it is an Academy level jutsu and all, but that does not change the fact that it is still an active jutsu that for some reason lasts until it is dispelled or until the user takes a hit.
Also wanted to point out this thread and Puppy's last post: http://www.ultimateshinobi.org/t14869p20-stealth#117682

2. Sensing System Technique.
The Barrier around the Hidden Leaf is a very powerful sensory barrier that is shaped like a dome around the village and monitors the things happening at the gates/walls as well as the people within. When one passes through the barrier, a small ripple is formed. If someone passes through the barrier with above average chakra levels, that ripple becomes increasingly larger so people will know something is up. Once inside the barrier, everyone becomes a moving dot that helps the sensor division know when something is out of the ordinary when chakra is utilized, jutsu are used or when something else is going on. It is basically the perfect spying method that keeps an eye on the village and spies on everyone at the same time. Just wanted this much to be clear for future threads/posts.

3. Precautions & Code I.V.A Red
Due to Tatsuo being interrogated by Kiyomi Yamanaka and having his secrets and real reason for being in Konoha figured out through their Hiden Ninjutsu, Yoroi as the Hokage along with Mana and Kiyomi as high ranking member of the PSN and leader of the Communication divisions have put the village in a state of Code I.V.A Red, meaning Impending Village Attack. As such, any guests to the village are to be checked in at the village gates while papers need to be checked as to determine who is a villager and who is not. The people who are not would be properly screened and we both know that at this point, the transformation would not last. Normally, the village is not this harsh on people entering and as it was stated in Shinjin's post, only construction workers and merchants are checked for papers as to Yoroi's new laws. But seeing as the village is in a Code Red state of I.V.A right now, the only thing above it would be an U.V.A, meaning Unexpected Village Attack, so the way of entry simply will not do. I wanted to make this clear before I posted on the thread so it can still be argued in here and not muck up the thread itself.

Now, if there are things the involved parties OR staff would like to point out or add to the thread, you can do so here. Again, I wanted this all to be out in the open before shit happens and so that shit can happen in here and not on said thread to turn it into a clusterfuck.
Back to top Go down
Faker
Nukenin

Regarding the infiltration. [Also serves as the OOC thread for the Infiltration thread] Vide
PostSubject: Re: Regarding the infiltration. [Also serves as the OOC thread for the Infiltration thread] Regarding the infiltration. [Also serves as the OOC thread for the Infiltration thread] EmptyWed 29 Oct 2014, 10:30 pm

1. That's true, but the technique thats on the site doesn't adhere to that rule. It's a one time thing.

Spoiler:

But like in the other thread, I'm fine with reworking that. 'Tis a good idea. I'm also fine with reworking my post to fit your needs so we can get some interaction going on. BTW there is a huge flaw in the actions that committed in Konoha, they don't make sense, and if ANBU are on watch, they'd should be at least curious in my actions. It doesn't mean I'm a criminal, but what I did does seem suspicious.

2. That's not how the barrier works. It doesn't monitor what's going on inside. Fuuinjutsu barriers are not "Sensory barriers." They are literal barriers that tell the person that someone has moved past X location. Let's review the canon for accuracy.

Page One
Here we can see Pain and co. are literally standing on the edge of the barrier, just out side of it. These ninjas, if on US would not be considered stealth assassins. Pain has a TREMENDOUS volume of chakra, which he splits across each individual pain. God Realms chakra alone is very massive, and meanwhile Nagato is all doing this from an impressive range. Not once did he consider that the barrier might some how "sense" his chakra level. The barrier in the wikia nor the manga never implies that it acts as some type of chakra sensory thing. All it does is literally let you "see" who pops in.

Page Two
Once you pass through the barrier you are a "blip" on the map. It's obviously an intruder because the person maintaining the bubble sees you and he can clearly see that you are an intruder. It's this guys job to flag targets that look suspicious or threatening. Even then, the response time is very slow.

Page Three
They got in and caused massive damage before a response team could be properly formed, or the ones issued even got there.

So what we have so far is:

1. The barrier isn't chakra sensing at all, nor does it monitor chakra once you are in the village. Kisame has the chakra of the bijuu and he was floating around the village with Itachi and no one noticed a thing. In fact, no one even noticed them until Itachi introduced himself to Asuma. Reference
  2. The barrier doesn't have "moving dots." It doesn't track everyone inside. Later on in the manga, the sensors come together to use their power, plus technology to increase the power of a barrier used to monitor the war. This takes a tremendous amount of effort and is only done because of the war. We can't use that as an example of what the Leaf Barrier would do, as US doesn't allow that level of technology. The most we have currently are light fixtures, piping and wiring. We don't have television as they do or satellites, and some kinda device you pout over your head that uses lolscience to increase your sensory abilities.

3. Can't simply use a barrier system that doesn't exist. It's been shown countless of times in the manga that people walk right into villages and leave. I came in as a commoner, a city-state as large as Konoha (which is pretty much the Mecca of the ninja world) monitors every single plain-james that comes into the village? Are you saying that you're denying access to civilians looking for work, or homeless looking for shelter? That no one can get in the village without proper identification or means?

I didn't see your laws posted up anywhere for me to read them, and even now if you wanna say that I should go back and rewrite my post I'll be willing to do it as long as we're fair. The canon clearly shows that people can enter the village with ease. Anyone can come in, cause damage and bounce out. It's how all of Konoha's plots have worked since Orochimaru. The reason people dot do it is because they're probably going to get swarmed and killed. Oh side-note: I don't have any chakra augmentation, so my chakra's normal.

Also on the subject of being fair, let's determine the methods in which both villages, Kumo and Konoha found out about my thread. I have no problems with people telling on me (which is what i secretly intended the thread for) but the technique used is overpowered.

Spoiler:

You're telling me that a genin can sit down with this jutsu and a willing person and read someone's subconscious mind with ease. That this jutsu is so easy, that a potential 11 or 12 year old kid can suddenly start expanding on the intricacies of someones entire mind. The Yamanka Clan do not specialize in mind techniques of this level, their purpose isn't mind reading. It's control over a persons body for espionage. Reference

It took the most powerful Yamanka and a team to simply read through this guys memories. (AKA Conscious mind) Reference. The leader of the Yamanka Clan read a day in like 30 seconds... But youre saying a genin can do an entire subconscious mind, pin point memories and actions in like 2 seconds.

Now what seems more broken? A stealth assassin getting by village borders? Or a C Rank jutsu that clearly lets you metagame as long as your target is willing?
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the infiltration. [Also serves as the OOC thread for the Infiltration thread] Regarding the infiltration. [Also serves as the OOC thread for the Infiltration thread] EmptyWed 29 Oct 2014, 11:18 pm

I'll respond to the Yamanaka bit first. The Yamanaka we are talking about is going through the mind of someone who recently went through the thread in which things were discussed. While the Jutsu may in fact be C ranked, you yourself are using an E or D ranked jutsu to pretty much bypass security systems in a village that is in a state of Code Red because they knew a follow up will happen after reading Tatsuo's mind. It was stated in the thread that after reading about the meeting of your Order, Kiyomi went with Tatsuo to his cell in the Bachi Prison to look into things more. There would have been at least a week between that thread and you getting to the village in terms of chronology, thus giving her enough time to read through his mind and find out all the needed bits instead of just a part of the order. Kiyomi is a special Jounin using a C ranked jutsu and also has the Clan Prodigy to further boost her capabilities when it comes to using her clan abilities.

Aside from that, I would like to argue that their abilities are not just limited to hitchhiking in someone else's body for espionage as they are about mind reading, telepathy AND mind control for various reason Including espionage. Also, I am using the example to state what the barrier does, not what it didn't do to further the plot for Naruto during a time when Kisame was just a dude with a shredding sword and Itachi was just Sasuke's bastard brother with powerful Genjutsu that fucked everyone up pretty badly. At that time, the Barrier was not even properly introduced into the show, so lets not go there.

Given all of that, yes, I do think a stealth assassin bypassing village systems to be more OP than letting someone's mind get read like a book after the person gave personal permission to do so as you also need to catch them first for it to even work.
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the infiltration. [Also serves as the OOC thread for the Infiltration thread] Regarding the infiltration. [Also serves as the OOC thread for the Infiltration thread] EmptyMon 29 Dec 2014, 12:19 pm

Moved to Solved topics given recent events.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the infiltration. [Also serves as the OOC thread for the Infiltration thread] Regarding the infiltration. [Also serves as the OOC thread for the Infiltration thread] Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-