Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Writing Confessions

View previous topic View next topic Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Writing Confessions Vide
PostSubject: Writing Confessions Writing Confessions EmptyTue 04 Nov 2014, 10:00 am

Just a random thought I had, but as a writer, got something you need off your chest? Something you love, something you hate, something you avoid at all costs, when it comes to writing? Confess ye sins my comrades, and be forgiven (Or ridiculed, or condemned; the writing gods are fickle and easily bored).

I'll begin!

Confession: I am terrible, just absolutely freaking terrible, at writing my character fighting NPCs. Just so bad. I always veer back and forth between the extreme ends of "Completely wiping the floor with their sorry ass" and "Getting my ass beat and only winning by being a dirty mother fucker." And I'm always too short with them- I don't think I've ever written an NPC fight that lasted more than a post or two, unless I involved some ridiculous number of NPCs.

Now it's y'alls turns.
Back to top Go down
Daedalus
Konoha Nin
Daedalus

Writing Confessions Vide
PostSubject: Re: Writing Confessions Writing Confessions EmptyTue 04 Nov 2014, 2:41 pm

I try to keep NPCs as silent as possible. I have a bad habit of having characters ramble between each other, going on about nothing forever.

Also, I cannot name anything. Ever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.com
Reggie Bell-Bottom Jr.
Reggie Bell-Bottom Jr.

Writing Confessions Vide
PostSubject: Re: Writing Confessions Writing Confessions EmptyTue 04 Nov 2014, 10:25 pm

Trying to come up with NPC names on the spot. Sometimes if it is a insignificant NPC, I'll give them some generic name. Other names, I want to give it a bit more meaning and that is a bitch at times.
Back to top Go down
OccupiedLocket
OccupiedLocket

Writing Confessions Vide
PostSubject: Re: Writing Confessions Writing Confessions EmptyTue 04 Nov 2014, 10:32 pm

I really struggle at putting my thoughts into words. I imagine what I am writing before I actually type, but after proof reading I sometimes see that if my thought is out there correctly then the voice of the writing starts to sound robotic. . . the struggle is real.
Back to top Go down
Elsa
Elsa

Writing Confessions Vide
PostSubject: Re: Writing Confessions Writing Confessions EmptyTue 04 Nov 2014, 11:54 pm

I'm awful at describing how a person looks, I just hate it. I also always start of a topic fairly well but loose motivation half way through, even if they are topics that I enjoy. And every once in a while, there are those situations where you don't know how to describe something. I can go on an one about these things but I'll stop there.

P.S: I also suck at describing a person's tone when speaking.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Anna

Writing Confessions Vide
PostSubject: Re: Writing Confessions Writing Confessions EmptyWed 05 Nov 2014, 12:24 am

I get so caught in my character that I sometimes forget to describe what she sees - people, scenery changes in my head, etc. Sometimes I use too many facial expressions haha.
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

Writing Confessions Vide
PostSubject: Re: Writing Confessions Writing Confessions EmptyWed 05 Nov 2014, 1:11 am

I try to make my characters be different in as many ways as possible, though I always lean towards becoming a Nukenin and a major dick to everyone I can or make an overly stoic defender. Aside from that, I aim to make different personalities, though during combat RPing, I tend to have them both think in a tactical and sometimes overkill manner that usually makes people sparring with me unhappy because things get taken too far. Also, I don't seem to like NPC's apparently as I tend to be rather brutal with them when they reach the point of dying. That'd be it I suppose.

Comic Sans for Travy
Back to top Go down
Persy
Kumo Nin
Persy

Writing Confessions Vide
PostSubject: Re: Writing Confessions Writing Confessions EmptyWed 05 Nov 2014, 1:57 am

I am horrible at responding in a timely manner. I often prioritize life and little enjoyments above a post if I don't feel like I'll have enough time to sit down and write it out in one go. In terms of writing, I personally get caught up in attempting to write flamboyantly that my threads can get long-winded and wordy.
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

Writing Confessions Vide
PostSubject: Re: Writing Confessions Writing Confessions EmptyWed 05 Nov 2014, 1:33 pm

Tosatsu wrote:
I am horrible at responding in a timely manner. I often prioritize life and little enjoyments above a post if I don't feel like I'll have enough time to sit down and write it out in one go.

Omgyouterriblepersonshameonyou!

I am sure everyone does this though Razz
Back to top Go down
Persy
Kumo Nin
Persy

Writing Confessions Vide
PostSubject: Re: Writing Confessions Writing Confessions EmptyWed 05 Nov 2014, 3:48 pm

Hiruzen wrote:
Tosatsu wrote:
I am horrible at responding in a timely manner. I often prioritize life and little enjoyments above a post if I don't feel like I'll have enough time to sit down and write it out in one go.

Omgyouterriblepersonshameonyou!

I am sure everyone does this though Razz

I don't know how often people press me to find out my ETA on a response. In those cases, at least they ask before skipping me. Wink Haha.
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Writing Confessions Vide
PostSubject: Re: Writing Confessions Writing Confessions EmptyWed 05 Nov 2014, 4:25 pm

Oi, no catfights in the Confessional Booth Writing Confessions 287405
Back to top Go down
Persy
Kumo Nin
Persy

Writing Confessions Vide
PostSubject: Re: Writing Confessions Writing Confessions EmptyWed 05 Nov 2014, 4:34 pm

-pets-

I'm joking. There's no hard feelings over that.~
Back to top Go down
Anna
Anna

Writing Confessions Vide
PostSubject: Re: Writing Confessions Writing Confessions EmptyWed 05 Nov 2014, 7:40 pm

BK-201 wrote:
Oi, no catfights in the Confessional Booth Writing Confessions 287405

Travis. I love you.
Back to top Go down
Yazui
Kumo Nin
Yazui

Writing Confessions Vide
PostSubject: Re: Writing Confessions Writing Confessions EmptyWed 05 Nov 2014, 11:03 pm

Staying active Razz

Also character histories.
Back to top Go down
JokerTheOG
Konoha Nin
JokerTheOG

Writing Confessions Vide
PostSubject: Re: Writing Confessions Writing Confessions EmptyThu 27 Nov 2014, 2:48 am

Sticking to one fighting style for one character.
Back to top Go down
ThatBoyRichard
Kumo Nin
ThatBoyRichard

Writing Confessions Vide
PostSubject: Re: Writing Confessions Writing Confessions EmptyWed 17 Dec 2014, 7:32 pm

Sometimes I feel like I enjoy creating a character more than I actually enjoy rping with them. It's like a quest to create a character that fits me perfectly lol.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Writing Confessions Vide
PostSubject: Re: Writing Confessions Writing Confessions EmptyWed 17 Dec 2014, 11:19 pm

I just want Vergil sempai to notice me. I will achieve this through my hard work and strong writing Smile
Back to top Go down
Hitomi Shiruku
Konoha Nin
Hitomi Shiruku

Writing Confessions Vide
PostSubject: Re: Writing Confessions Writing Confessions EmptySat 20 Dec 2014, 11:06 am

Confession:
I can imagine the scene as if it were apart of the anime, I could even draw it out scene by scene and word for word.
Except I can't XD
Trying to describe such small details and elongate it to really get the feeling of being there is so very difficult for me! I could say it's a sunny day and yet a million questions come up as to what KIND of sunny day. It almost becomes tedious with how much emphasis on environment, emotion, or any of the sort is when in reality it feels much realer to me when in picture than in word.

But that could be because i'm a better artist than writer...oh well!
Back to top Go down
Elsa
Elsa

Writing Confessions Vide
PostSubject: Re: Writing Confessions Writing Confessions EmptyWed 24 Dec 2014, 11:47 am

My latest confession: Posting xD

I seem to have a lot of issues lately posting in a timely matter. For all of the people I am currently Rping with, I am soo sorry! I just been finding it so hard to post lately!

Disclaimer:
Back to top Go down
Keos
Keos

Writing Confessions Vide
PostSubject: Re: Writing Confessions Writing Confessions EmptyWed 24 Dec 2014, 3:20 pm

ThatBoyRichard wrote:
Sometimes I feel like I enjoy creating a character more than I actually enjoy rping with them.

You're my soul mate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Writing Confessions Vide
PostSubject: Re: Writing Confessions Writing Confessions Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-