Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Winter Tournament Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Chris
Chris

Winter Tournament Questions  Vide
PostSubject: Winter Tournament Questions Winter Tournament Questions  EmptyMon 01 Dec 2014, 12:41 pm

Just had a few questions regarding the event. Namely a big one: Is this an IC event?

To clarify, will this have an impact on the world? What I'm mostly talking about is, say, if someone dies, that's them dead right? If my character meets someone, they will know them after the event? We actually have to travel to some location and stay there until it's over, correct?

Basic things like that.

Back to top Go down
OccupiedLocket
OccupiedLocket

PostSubject: Re: Winter Tournament Questions Winter Tournament Questions  EmptyMon 01 Dec 2014, 1:32 pm

IC
here is some words from the kurogane.
FROM CBOX:
Back to top Go down
Elsa
Elsa

PostSubject: Re: Winter Tournament Questions Winter Tournament Questions  EmptyMon 01 Dec 2014, 3:35 pm

As Occupied stated, this will be an IC event. Anyone you meet or anything you do will carry over to you character after it is done. We are now requiring the participants to travel anywhere since we do not want to restrict everyone to a certain place for a certain time. This will allow everyone to carry on and do any socials or missions they wish to do. As of right now, the tournament will also not contribute to the current 5 topic limit
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

PostSubject: Re: Winter Tournament Questions Winter Tournament Questions  EmptyMon 01 Dec 2014, 6:33 pm

Does the Non-Genin part of the site get a Tournament too?

I FEEL LEFT OUT AND NEGLECTED!.... and bored.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Anna

PostSubject: Re: Winter Tournament Questions Winter Tournament Questions  EmptyMon 01 Dec 2014, 10:15 pm

I told you to message me again about the plot you had going so I can try to get involved somehow :C
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Winter Tournament Questions Winter Tournament Questions  EmptyMon 01 Dec 2014, 11:01 pm

Well all my questions were answered.

Also, Hiruzen, you could always make a second character ^___^

toosoon?
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

PostSubject: Re: Winter Tournament Questions Winter Tournament Questions  EmptyTue 02 Dec 2014, 12:34 am

I have a second character in the works for replacement Hokage.

And yes, I know Kels, though I can't get any of that done until people get around to the jutsu I sent for approval, after which the character itself can be approved. I need to be approved before I can make IC things happen with a character. That's why it would have been cool if people who are not Genin don't get excluded from things. The place is boring enough without being excluded from the fun stuff because you've been to active to remain a Genin x.x
Back to top Go down
Keos
Keos

PostSubject: Re: Winter Tournament Questions Winter Tournament Questions  EmptyTue 02 Dec 2014, 12:50 am

Solve this before it gets even more out of topic?

P.S.: join and fite me Chris Winter Tournament Questions  287405
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Winter Tournament Questions Winter Tournament Questions  EmptyTue 02 Dec 2014, 1:09 am

Blah blah blah.

p.s BRO ME AND YOU RIGHT NOW. RIGHT NOW OUTSIDE. SOMEONE HOLD ME BACK. D< I will cut you.
Back to top Go down
TwinnyPuppy
TwinnyPuppy

PostSubject: Re: Winter Tournament Questions Winter Tournament Questions  EmptyTue 02 Dec 2014, 1:28 am

Other ranks will probably get tournaments down the line as well, yes. But the majority of characters on the site are genin now, and several new members have joined the site in the past week or so, which makes this ideal timing for something like this.
Back to top Go down
http://captaintigglesworth.tumblr.com/
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

PostSubject: Re: Winter Tournament Questions Winter Tournament Questions  EmptyTue 02 Dec 2014, 2:18 pm

I understand your point Alex, though I don't see why people who have been around for a long enough time to rank up are being kept waiting when people who recently joined get a tournament. Sure, it's important to keep up activity of the new crowd, though I don't think excluding the older members of higher ranks from things is a wise plan.

PS: How is this out of topic?
Back to top Go down
TwinnyPuppy
TwinnyPuppy

PostSubject: Re: Winter Tournament Questions Winter Tournament Questions  EmptyTue 02 Dec 2014, 8:34 pm

Because of the nature of the tournament and the way it will be held/monitored, it would be a lot more difficult to hold a tournament that's open to even more ranks. The staff grows and shrinks constantly and at the moment there just woudn't be enough manpower to oversee a tournament of a larger scale while still keeping the other parts of the site running properly.

Not to mention the fact that we'd need decent numbers of said ranks to even consider it much of a tournament at all. Without enough participants, we'd end up having to mix the pools and have lower ranks fight higher ranks, which doesn't make for an even playing field. Outside of a tournament setting that's fine, but the purpose of this is to give the genin a boost that will help them rank up to chuunin sooner. That said, once the other ranks have a higher population, so to speak, it will be a lot easier to hold a tournament. As of right now

And, as I said before, there are plans to hold tournaments for other ranks down the line as well. But if you'd like to see something done for the others, you're free to pitch an idea and be in charge of running said event yourself. As a matter of fact, this tournament was put up because it was suggested by a member (he became staff shortly after but the two events are unrelated), we discussed it, and it seemed like a good idea. There are still a few details being discussed, but aside from that we were all on the same page. If it weren't for that suggestion, we probably wouldn't having a tournament at all right now (refer to my comment about manpower).
Back to top Go down
http://captaintigglesworth.tumblr.com/
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

PostSubject: Re: Winter Tournament Questions Winter Tournament Questions  EmptyMon 29 Dec 2014, 12:24 pm

Can this be solved?
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Winter Tournament Questions Winter Tournament Questions  EmptyMon 29 Dec 2014, 4:22 pm

Yeah for sure. Vergil tried to hijack the topic, but regardless of that, it's been solved a while ago >__>
Back to top Go down
Anna
Anna

PostSubject: Re: Winter Tournament Questions Winter Tournament Questions  EmptyMon 29 Dec 2014, 5:48 pm

Solved
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter Tournament Questions Winter Tournament Questions  Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-