Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Quick question about summons

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Rukasu
Rukasu

Quick question about summons Vide
PostSubject: Quick question about summons Quick question about summons EmptyThu 18 Dec 2014, 5:55 am

I was wondering since I am in the process of looking for my next summon. Is it possible to have a B-rank summon Snake with two heads and can also split in two becoming two snakes? Anyone please let me know before I can figure out what I want.
Back to top Go down
Rukasu
Rukasu

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about summons Quick question about summons EmptySun 28 Dec 2014, 8:27 pm

is this Question under review or something, I hope that i am not bothering anyone, but i was waiting patiently. Can I do what I stated above as a regular normal B-rank summon.
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about summons Quick question about summons EmptySun 28 Dec 2014, 8:39 pm

I figure that if that means that it splits it's chakra two-ways and does this through a jutsu, I don't think there would really be a problem. That's just me though, and I'm not staff.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about summons Quick question about summons EmptySun 28 Dec 2014, 10:37 pm

I think it's just that it's a slightly odd issue and there is no clear right answer, so no one really wanted to tackle it, because they didn't want to be wrong.

There are two issues really:

1. Like Vergil said, is the creature splitting into two, or is it two creatures joined into one. Consequently, it might be treated as a twin summon. It's also important what you do with the chakra.
2. Since the ability is rather close to Sakon and Ukon, do we want to allow it?
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about summons Quick question about summons EmptySun 28 Dec 2014, 11:04 pm

Well, regarding point two, I guess that if it were to be some two headed snake that can only split by using a jutsu that splits it's chakra pool into two and has an upkeep that is decent, it should not really be that much of an issue. But like I said, i'm not an authority here, so it's just guess-work.
Back to top Go down
Ulkira
Nukenin
Ulkira

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about summons Quick question about summons EmptyMon 29 Dec 2014, 1:50 am

Truthfully, a multi-headed snake should not face any problems in getting approval, Rukasu. If I recall, a Suna shinobi summoned a three-headed snake in the anime during Orochimaru's attack on Konoha, so such mutations can be expected from summons. Plus, you know, the whole "Yamata no Orochi" thing...

As to whether it would be able to split into two separate snakes, well... The problem I see with that is, in doing so, the snake is basically generating a new body from itself. Ranking a jutsu like that at B-Rank might not be realistic (or it could be), plus it ought to be classed more as a Medical jutsu than anything else. I see it falling more into cellular duplication (or legit cloning) than just making a Bunshin.

Now, if I recall, Sakon and Ukon's ability is on the Forbidden Kekkei Genkai List (listed as Anatomical Manipulation). So, in relation to what Chris said, developing the snake around that idea might not work either. Though, I personally don't see why it couldn't be permitted, provided the snakes only use it to merge with one another. Maybe something along the lines of "takes X amount of chakra to split out, but they can only stay apart for X posts before they merge back"?

Alternately, you could just give the snake the Medical specialty and have it at a higher (A-Rank, I guess?). This is just my opinion on the matter. Like Hiruzen or anyone else, I can't give a concrete answer.
Back to top Go down
Rukasu
Rukasu

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about summons Quick question about summons EmptyMon 29 Dec 2014, 2:45 am

You guys all make sense because I thought about it and I know that it would maybe classified as a twin summons but just like Hiruzen stated splitting the chakra pool was something I was going to go with as well. Thats three headed snake you posted up ulkira is actually a summon for one of the professions. I believe if i am not mistaken.

What i had plan was for a two headed snake to be B-ranked in Suiton and have Ninjutsu as a specialty. It was either to have it like the rinnegan summons but only split into two to cause a disadvantage against anyone facing this snake. The snake summon has two heads and when struck very or use of a certain jutsu can split into two making it being two snakes instead of one. I just wanted to see if that was a possible way to do this seeing as there are many ways the snakes summons come in the anime.

I just wanted to see if it was possible or would i have to go in a deep discussion with the staff to see if it was allowed. Sakon and ulkon were able to freely go back and forth but this was something different since they were able to go into their opponents bodies and the snake i wanted to create was not going to be able to do something like that.

On another Note, Holy crap Ulkira the inactive has returned, i hope for good but who knows... Thank you for commenting and as well as you Chris and Hiruzen. Thanks for your input.
Back to top Go down
TwinnyPuppy
TwinnyPuppy

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about summons Quick question about summons EmptyMon 29 Dec 2014, 4:28 am

Everybody brings up fair points, but might I recommend something a little different? Perhaps you could classify them as twin summons, with one of their jutsu being a detach/reattach tech? As Ulkira mentioned, it would be along the lines of medical, but I'm not very keen on the idea of having it classed as a single summon when it could split up into two. Thus I would say it follows the rules of twins summon for when they are split, but when merged could act as a single entity.

So... you'd be able to give them jutsu of equal rank (unlike normal twin summons), but such jutsu would only be able to be used when they're merged. This way you can have a two-headed snake that splits into two without (completely) breaking the limitations of twin summons but keeping its usefulness as a single summon when they're merged.
Back to top Go down
http://captaintigglesworth.tumblr.com/
Rukasu
Rukasu

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about summons Quick question about summons EmptyMon 29 Dec 2014, 6:54 am

okay that sounds good. I will start it tomorrow and you guys can let me know what to edit and stuff like that. Thank you for everyone's input. I gladly appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
TwinnyPuppy
TwinnyPuppy

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about summons Quick question about summons EmptyMon 29 Dec 2014, 7:00 am

Solved.
Back to top Go down
http://captaintigglesworth.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about summons Quick question about summons Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-