Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Monthly Spotlights

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should the Monthly Objectives be given back:
Yes, it should be as stated below: State reason why.
Monthly Spotlights Bar_left22%Monthly Spotlights Bar_right
 22% [ 2 ]
Yes, but it should be different: State reason why.
Monthly Spotlights Bar_left0%Monthly Spotlights Bar_right
 0% [ 0 ]
No, things should stay as they are.
Monthly Spotlights Bar_left78%Monthly Spotlights Bar_right
 78% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

Hiruzen
Hiruzen

Monthly Spotlights Vide
PostSubject: Monthly Spotlights Monthly Spotlights EmptyFri 09 Jan 2015, 11:05 pm

I think the Monthly Spotlights should be handed back to the crowd again. As things are now, all we get to do is vote for the Staff member that did the most work, yet we don't get a whole lot of insight on things like Topic of the Month, Newbie of the month or Ultimate Shinobi of the month. That said, I do have a couple of things i'd want to bring up. This is mainly because I think only a couple of the Spotlight picks should really be affected by the members while some of the others should not, here is why:

I think Ultimate Shinobi of the month and Topic of the Month should still be up to staff and should only be affected a little bit by the choices of the people. I say this because no one reads all of the threads on the site, while staff has to evaluate all of them, meaning they would be more aware of what is going on with characters.

As for Character and Newbie of the month, I think that much should just be up to majority votes as the Characters people like should get to be in the spotlight and should be a mixture of how much the character has affected the world itself and it's plot within that month and how many people are actually into said character.

That is pretty much all I had to say so far, so I guess i'll wait and see what other people have to say about it. In the end, like the Monthly Spotlight, I think it should be up to the people to decide what is going to happen.

PS: I said objectives, but I meant to say Spotlight obviously. Multitasking like fuck, so excuse the mistake. Also, please don't Multi-vote with several accounts.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Monthly Spotlights Vide
PostSubject: Re: Monthly Spotlights Monthly Spotlights EmptyFri 09 Jan 2015, 11:22 pm

Handed back? US has never voted on spotlights to begin with. And for good reason.

I'm not of the mind that we should. Ignoring the obvious reason that people can be biased, it's awkward to see people voting "publicly" and stating their reasons for their vote. When staff do it, I always felt like it was quite detached, because although you're part of the community... in some ways, you're also not. But since everyone can have a Character of the Month, it will just come down to arguing over why mine is better than yours.

I feel like knowing our track record for FA threads and General threads, this will just bring about lots of disagreement. And, even though you mentioned no second account voting in your PS, I doubt anyone will pay heed if we vote for OTMs through polls like this one.

P.S I love how the No's aren't supposed to give a reason why.
Back to top Go down
TwinnyKitty
Kumo Nin
TwinnyKitty

Monthly Spotlights Vide
PostSubject: Re: Monthly Spotlights Monthly Spotlights EmptyFri 09 Jan 2015, 11:27 pm

I think it could be cool for people to nominate others with a rule against nominating yourself xD Staff might not see everything and the members would have more influence without removing the choice from the staff at the end of the day.
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

Monthly Spotlights Vide
PostSubject: Re: Monthly Spotlights Monthly Spotlights EmptyFri 09 Jan 2015, 11:28 pm

People can always be biased [every single person on this site included], that much is true, though I feel like everyone should be given the chance to influence who will get a chance in the spotlight. It is exactly because we are part of a community that I think it would be a good thing to let other people have the the ability to vote. I also don't think that, if we would get to vote or bring up people for the Spotlights, it should happen through a poll as people just stating their choice and giving a good reason as to why they want that person to get nominated would be way better.

If voting publicly becomes an Issue, it can always be done through PM's. There can be a simple template along the lines of

Nominee:
Reason:

That way, things will be simple, anonymous for those that want to be and still allow the members the chance to vote. But yeah, I agree with what you said about the track record of FA sites and general threads on US often getting derailed, wrecked or just clubbed to death by bickering and arguing.

PS: I agree with what Kitty said about having a rule against self-nominations as that is just crappy and lame =P
Back to top Go down
Yusuke
Konoha Nin
Yusuke

Monthly Spotlights Vide
PostSubject: Re: Monthly Spotlights Monthly Spotlights EmptyFri 09 Jan 2015, 11:51 pm

How about members just open up their own suggestion threads at the end of the month and the staff can listen to them or not listen to them at their discretion? Then there's no faux committment to democracy and good ideas can still be heard.
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

Monthly Spotlights Vide
PostSubject: Re: Monthly Spotlights Monthly Spotlights EmptyFri 09 Jan 2015, 11:51 pm

Yusuke wrote:
How about members just open up their own suggestion threads at the end of the month and the staff can listen to them or not listen to them at their discretion? Then there's no faux committment to democracy and good ideas can still be heard.

That's actually not a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Yusuke
Konoha Nin
Yusuke

Monthly Spotlights Vide
PostSubject: Re: Monthly Spotlights Monthly Spotlights EmptyFri 09 Jan 2015, 11:52 pm

#UchihasUnite
Back to top Go down
Anna
Anna

Monthly Spotlights Vide
PostSubject: Re: Monthly Spotlights Monthly Spotlights EmptySat 10 Jan 2015, 12:18 am

Yusuke wrote:

COOKIE!

Also, we disallow self-nominations in staff when we run votes so if things did change we would apply the rule in public votes too. We are always willing to listen to suggestions from members though during votes (which normally take place the last week of every month). As long as they're solid reasons of course and not "just because" or "hes a cool cat". Reasonable suggestions always encouraged.
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

Monthly Spotlights Vide
PostSubject: Re: Monthly Spotlights Monthly Spotlights EmptySat 10 Jan 2015, 12:23 am

Anna wrote:
Yusuke wrote:

COOKIE!

Also, we disallow self-nominations in staff when we run votes so if things did change we would apply the rule in public votes too. We are always willing to listen to suggestions from members though during votes (which normally take place the last week of every month). As long as they're solid reasons of course and not "just because" or "hes a cool cat". Reasonable suggestions always encouraged.

Alright, sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

Monthly Spotlights Vide
PostSubject: Re: Monthly Spotlights Monthly Spotlights EmptyMon 16 Feb 2015, 11:00 pm

I think the voting stands to dictate that no response is needed thus solved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Monthly Spotlights Vide
PostSubject: Re: Monthly Spotlights Monthly Spotlights Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-