Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

One Hand Seals

View previous topic View next topic Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

One Hand Seals Vide
PostSubject: One Hand Seals One Hand Seals EmptyMon 12 Jan 2015, 8:15 pm

Removed No Seals- alright, fair enough. Granted, it was fine in its original form, until y'all fucked up and allowed it to apply to C, B, A rank jutsu- fine. One less fast ball special in my arsenal.

Separating out and multi-ranking Seal Speed; alright, that's fair. I forget why exactly I merged the the three into a single line in the first place, but alright. And hey,  clearer definitions on the hand-seal speed, so that's well and good.

Turning One Hand Seals into a multi-rank, C-B-A-S SC, necessitating the training of it four times over? U fucking wot m8.

I'm trying really hard to see the logic going on here, and it ain't happening. One handed seals is not like.... There's no skill levels to it. You can either perform jutsu with one hand, or you can't. The only functional difference between any jutsu, of any ranks, are how many seals you pound through, and how much chakra you pour into it. It's not like every rank up is a completely different process, I mean, for fuck's sake!

Quote :
Name: One-Handed Seals I
Type: Skill Based
Prerequisites: -
Training: A 600 word training is required to gain this special characteristic.
Restrictions: This cannot be used as a way to perform two jutsu at the same time. | Can only be used with up to C - Rank Techniques.
Description: The ninja discovers a unique talent which allows them to mix chakra by performing seals with only one hand. With an ability such as this the ninja can fight while also performing jutsu, delivering surprise attacks to their enemies. Since those who can perform one-handed seals are naturally good at what their talents, they are even capable of performing hand seals behind themselves, leaving the enemy oblivious to the ninja's next attack.  

Name: One-Handed Seals II
Prerequisites: Must posses One-Handed Seals I.
Training: A 1200 word training is required to gain this special characteristic.
Restrictions: This cannot be used as a way to perform two jutsu at the same time. | Can only be used with up to B - Rank Techniques.
Description: The ninja discovers a unique talent which allows them to mix chakra by performing seals with only one hand. With an ability such as this the ninja can fight while also performing jutsu, delivering surprise attacks to their enemies. Since those who can perform one-handed seals are naturally good at what their talents, they are even capable of performing hand seals behind themselves, leaving the enemy oblivious to the ninja's next attack.  

Name: One-Handed Seals III
Prerequisites: Must posses One-Handed Seals II.
Training: A 1600 word training is required to gain this special characteristic.
Restrictions: This cannot be used as a way to perform two jutsu at the same time. | Can only be used with up to A - Rank Techniques.

Name: One-Handed Seals IV
Prerequisites: Must posses One-Handed Seals III.
Training: A 2000 word training is required to gain this special characteristic.
Restrictions: This cannot be used as a way to perform two jutsu at the same time. | Can only be used with up to S - Rank Techniques.

You didn't even change the fucking descriptions on each level. All you did was change the word count numbers, slap a new rank and a roman numeral on each one, and move the "Jutsu rank" restriction up by one tic! The very freaking descriptions do not acknowledge any functional difference between the rank levels!

If it had been a matter of, I don't know, upping it into a B or A rank SC, that I could get. But splitting it into multiple ranks just does not make absolutely any sense on any logical or functional level.

Last edited by BK-201 on Mon 12 Jan 2015, 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cross
Cross

One Hand Seals Vide
PostSubject: Re: One Hand Seals One Hand Seals EmptyMon 12 Jan 2015, 10:00 pm

Thank you.

Just.

Thank you.

It's fucking stupid. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

One Hand Seals Vide
PostSubject: Re: One Hand Seals One Hand Seals EmptyMon 12 Jan 2015, 10:07 pm

Have to agree. Travis' points are excellent so I don't think much more has to be said.
Back to top Go down
MsMoney
Wanderer
MsMoney

One Hand Seals Vide
PostSubject: Re: One Hand Seals One Hand Seals EmptyMon 12 Jan 2015, 10:40 pm

I agree. Soooo much.

Honestly, I do not see why this can't just be either B or A rank, just like how Sensory is just B rank. This is something you either know how to do, or you don't.

I don't really think I'd feel very happy about training or let alone buying SC's that don't change at ALL between ranks - except for 1 letter.
Back to top Go down
Keos
Keos

One Hand Seals Vide
PostSubject: Re: One Hand Seals One Hand Seals EmptyMon 12 Jan 2015, 10:40 pm

I agree with the points Travis made.

And I would also stand beside him and push forward this suggestion:

Travis wrote:
If it had been a matter of, I don't know, upping it into a B or A rank SC, that I could get. But splitting it into multiple ranks just does not make absolutely any sense on any logical or functional level.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Anna

One Hand Seals Vide
PostSubject: Re: One Hand Seals One Hand Seals EmptyMon 12 Jan 2015, 10:41 pm

I agree with Travis too.

This will be discussed. No worries.
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

One Hand Seals Vide
PostSubject: Re: One Hand Seals One Hand Seals EmptyMon 12 Jan 2015, 11:03 pm

I would just like to see things go back to what it used to be in this case. I get how people complained about it, but with No Seals gone, i don't see it as an issue at all. Dedicating two SC slots to Hand Seals seems like a ridiculous attempt to weaken Ninjutsu users for no reasons. If it would just go to something along the lines of this, I would really appreciate it.

C Rank = Increased Hand Seal Speed [1x that of someone without the SC]
B Rank = Increased Hand Seal Speed [2x that of someone without the SC] + One Handed Seals
A Rank = Increased Hand Seal Speed [3x that of someone without the SC] + Increased One Handed Seal Speed [1x that of someone without the SC]
S Rank = Increased Hand Seal Speed [4x that of someone without the SC] + Increased One Handed Seal Speed [2x that of someone without the SC]

To me, this seems like the best thing to do. Either way, the No Seals thing is out, so the SC is in itself already nerfed since it no longer allows seal-less casting. Nerfing it any further is just ridiculous overkill.
Back to top Go down
Kiseki
Konoha Nin
Kiseki

One Hand Seals Vide
PostSubject: Re: One Hand Seals One Hand Seals EmptyMon 12 Jan 2015, 11:12 pm

Hiruzen wrote:
I would just like to see things go back to what it used to be in this case. I get how people complained about it, but with No Seals gone, i don't see it as an issue at all. Dedicating two SC slots to Hand Seals seems like a ridiculous attempt to weaken Ninjutsu users for no reasons. If it would just go to something along the lines of this, I would really appreciate it.

B Rank = Increased Hand Seal Speed [2x that of someone without the SC] + One Handed Seals
A Rank = Increased Hand Seal Speed [3x that of someone without the SC] + Increased One Handed Seal Speed [1x that of someone without the SC]
S Rank = Increased Hand Seal Speed [4x that of someone without the SC] + Increased One Handed Seal Speed [2x that of someone without the SC]

To me, this seems like the best thing to do. Either way, the No Seals thing is out, so the SC is in itself already nerfed since it no longer allows seal-less casting. Nerfing it any further is just ridiculous overkill.

That means literally nothing. 1x anything is just the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

One Hand Seals Vide
PostSubject: Re: One Hand Seals One Hand Seals EmptyMon 12 Jan 2015, 11:13 pm

Kiseki wrote:
Hiruzen wrote:

That means literally nothing. 1x anything is just the same thing.

You get my point though. I just got home from a horrible parent-teacher meeting, so you'd have to excuse me if I make mistakes in my late hours xD
Back to top Go down
Enzo
Kumo Nin
Enzo

One Hand Seals Vide
PostSubject: Re: One Hand Seals One Hand Seals EmptyTue 13 Jan 2015, 12:35 am

I prefer it being separate. It means that the speed bonus carries over between SC's to the one-handed seals. So I can have 4x handseal speed with only one hand. Having it pseudo-branch off as Vergil suggests would make it unnecessarily confusing (what would you even name the SC? "Improved Hand Seal Movement & Improved One-Handed Seal Movement"? Talk about a clusterfuck). The fact that one-handed and blurred are no longer on the same paradigm is, I think, a way better solution. Especially since blurred handseals was OP as fuck to begin with, and now that it's been balanced, there's no way one-handed seals could fit.

Let's not forget that there was no logic for one-handed seals and blurred to be in the same tier to begin with. How does moving your fingers faster open the door to using seals with one hand? It doesn't. They're two completely different learned skills. Like dribbling a basketball and dribbling a soccer ball. Sure both involve large balls being handled; but a basketball player isn't inherently good at kicking a soccer ball around, nor would it be any easier for him to learn how to kick a soccer ball around; nor is playing basketball a prerequisit for kicking a soccer ball around. The two sports are completely unrelated, and despite the fact that both of them use a ball, they have very little in common. The same correlation can be made for faster hand seals and one-handed seals. Faster hand seals is simply motor reflex. You move your hands faster. One-handed seals is being able to manipulate chakra flow into only one hand, and then perform hand seals that way. The only similarity is that they both use hands; otherwise the skills are unrelated. As such, I'd argue that it makes no sense for the two to coexist on the same skill tree.

That being said, I agree with Travis here. Splitting One-handed into multiple steps is just stupid and is just a drain on your virtual piggybank of points. Or if you're a schmuck like me who prefers training; it's a waste of your time. The fact that it was so halfassed is also a little disappointing too. I would have expected at least a half decent description instead of a copy and paste. Adam and I hounded Jerry when he tried to pull that shit with the puppetry SC's, I do hope the standards haven't dropped since Adam was around. Jesus.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.darkbb.com/forum
Kiseki
Konoha Nin
Kiseki

One Hand Seals Vide
PostSubject: Re: One Hand Seals One Hand Seals EmptyTue 13 Jan 2015, 7:10 am

Enzo wrote:
I prefer it being separate. It means that the speed bonus carries over between SC's to the one-handed seals. So I can have 4x handseal speed with only one hand. Having it pseudo-branch off as Vergil suggests would make it unnecessarily confusing (what would you even name the SC? "Improved Hand Seal Movement & Improved One-Handed Seal Movement"? Talk about a clusterfuck). The fact that one-handed and blurred are no longer on the same paradigm is, I think, a way better solution. Especially since blurred handseals was OP as fuck to begin with, and now that it's been balanced, there's no way one-handed seals could fit.

Let's not forget that there was no logic for one-handed seals and blurred to be in the same tier to begin with. How does moving your fingers faster open the door to using seals with one hand? It doesn't. They're two completely different learned skills. Like dribbling a basketball and dribbling a soccer ball. Sure both involve large balls being handled; but a basketball player isn't inherently good at kicking a soccer ball around, nor would it be any easier for him to learn how to kick a soccer ball around; nor is playing basketball a prerequisit for kicking a soccer ball around. The two sports are completely unrelated, and despite the fact that both of them use a ball, they have very little in common. The same correlation can be made for faster hand seals and one-handed seals. Faster hand seals is simply motor reflex. You move your hands faster. One-handed seals is being able to manipulate chakra flow into only one hand, and then perform hand seals that way. The only similarity is that they both use hands; otherwise the skills are unrelated. As such, I'd argue that it makes no sense for the two to coexist on the same skill tree.

That being said, I agree with Travis here. Splitting One-handed into multiple steps is just stupid and is just a drain on your virtual piggybank of points. Or if you're a schmuck like me who prefers training; it's a waste of your time. The fact that it was so halfassed is also a little disappointing too. I would have expected at least a half decent description instead of a copy and paste. Adam and I hounded Jerry when he tried to pull that shit with the puppetry SC's, I do hope the standards haven't dropped since Adam was around. Jesus.

COOKIE! For the record I protested doing puppetry the whole time cause I hated it.
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

One Hand Seals Vide
PostSubject: Re: One Hand Seals One Hand Seals EmptyFri 16 Jan 2015, 4:24 pm

I think we are at the point where staff should tell us whether or not they can agree to these things or not, lol.
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

One Hand Seals Vide
PostSubject: Re: One Hand Seals One Hand Seals EmptyMon 09 Feb 2015, 6:32 am

Y'all just trying to be aggravating now, aren't you?
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

One Hand Seals Vide
PostSubject: Re: One Hand Seals One Hand Seals EmptyMon 16 Feb 2015, 11:49 pm

The position of aggravating talking animal has already been claimed by you.

Otherwise, the One-Handed SC will be updated with some changes after due process.
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

One Hand Seals Vide
PostSubject: Re: One Hand Seals One Hand Seals EmptyMon 30 Mar 2015, 6:02 pm

(One Month Later)

Fuck you and fuck your due process.
Back to top Go down
Mugen Kousen
Mugen Kousen

One Hand Seals Vide
PostSubject: Re: One Hand Seals One Hand Seals EmptyMon 30 Mar 2015, 10:44 pm

More like a month and a half~

Anyways, I'mma bring this up in the staff chat right now and try to get it resolved.
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

One Hand Seals Vide
PostSubject: Re: One Hand Seals One Hand Seals EmptyTue 28 Apr 2015, 5:46 pm

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

One Hand Seals Vide
PostSubject: Re: One Hand Seals One Hand Seals EmptySat 23 May 2015, 7:48 pm