Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.



 
HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Act of Tree Climbing

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Comet Ignition
Comet Ignition

Age : 22
Posts : 23

Act of Tree Climbing Vide
PostSubject: Act of Tree Climbing Act of Tree Climbing EmptySun 08 Mar 2015, 12:31 am

Name: Kinobori no Waza • Act of Tree Climbing
Rank: D
Type: N/A
Range: N/A
Element: N/A
Description: This technique allows the user to balance themselves on trees and vertical walls by focusing a constant and steady stream of chakra to the user’s feet. Gravity can easy be defined if this technique is mastered, allowing people to even stand upside down. If too much chakra is exerted the user will be pushed away; bark breaking and causing the user to then fall. If not enough chakra is exerted the user will lose their footing and fall.
Chakra Cost: 1 (1 per post)




So, in the Jutsu's description, it mentions that the user can stick to trees and vertical walls. However, presumably, this would extend to vertical surfaces that can logically support the user's weight. Which begs the question, can it be used to stick oneself to another person?

And, further, the Jutsu mentions that if too much chakra is exerted whilst standing on a tree, the bark will break. Can this be done on purpose? And, if so, is it purely limited to trees? Or, could one bend a metal sheet using the same idea? And, fuuuuuurther, assuming one could stand on a human, could they use this to rend flesh, tear muscles, or break bones?

EDIT- Also, could one grab an item with their feet, using this method? If one were to manage to touch the bottom of their feet to the side of a sword, could they grab it? Or, break it?
Back to top Go down
Keos
Keos

Age : 25
Posts : 1585

Act of Tree Climbing Vide
PostSubject: Re: Act of Tree Climbing Act of Tree Climbing EmptySun 08 Mar 2015, 4:43 am


I personally assume that everything you mentioned is possible, but it would have to be through different applications, meaning that you would need different techniques of different ranks.
As for its application on human flesh, it's more likely to be a medical technique of medium-high rank, considering it would be interacting with a living organism in which chakra is actually flowing, and not just an inanimate object. At least that's my take on it.
Back to top Go down
Mugen Kousen
Mugen Kousen

Age : 29
Posts : 718

Act of Tree Climbing Vide
PostSubject: Re: Act of Tree Climbing Act of Tree Climbing EmptySun 08 Mar 2015, 5:42 am

Quote :
Which begs the question, can it be used to stick oneself to another person?

I would say yes, yes you could. Based on the description of the jutsu anyways.

Quote :
the Jutsu mentions that if too much chakra is exerted whilst standing on a tree, the bark will break. Can this be done on purpose? And, if so, is it purely limited to trees? Or, could one bend a metal sheet using the same idea?

Yes, you could make this happen on purpose. However, I wouldn't say you could use it to bend a metal sheet. Depending on the tree, bark is VERY easy to chip off, especially if it were supporting the full weight of a person. I doubt it says the bark breaks because the chakra is really dealing serious damage at all.

Also, after doing some quick research, according to canon if you use too much chakra it doesn't only break the bark, but it pushes you away from the thing you're trying to climb as well.

Quote :
assuming one could stand on a human, could they use this to rend flesh, tear muscles, or break bones?

This is a D-rank jutsu...the most you're gonna be able to do is bruise someone. I disagree with Keos about it needing to be medical jutsu, but I'd say he's on point about it needing to be higher ranked to deal that kind of damage.

Quote :
Also, could one grab an item with their feet, using this method? If one were to manage to touch the bottom of their feet to the side of a sword, could they grab it? Or, break it?

Grab? Yes. Break? Not likely. It would probably just get pushed away from your foot unless it is something VERY brittle. Since this application of the jutsu pushes the user away from a tree, it's pretty safe to assume the only reason the bark breaks is because the tree is rooted/grounded and therefore must absorb the pushing force directly.




Keep in mind, I'm just a trial-mod, a more experienced staff member will have to chime in for a final decision. But that is my educated guess based on what is written in the description and what we've seen in canon.

Back to top Go down
TwinnyPuppy
TwinnyPuppy

Age : 26
Posts : 1636

Act of Tree Climbing Vide
PostSubject: Re: Act of Tree Climbing Act of Tree Climbing EmptySun 08 Mar 2015, 8:28 am

Mugen Kousen wrote:
Quote :
Which begs the question, can it be used to stick oneself to another person?

I would say yes, yes you could. Based on the description of the jutsu anyways.

Quote :
the Jutsu mentions that if too much chakra is exerted whilst standing on a tree, the bark will break. Can this be done on purpose? And, if so, is it purely limited to trees? Or, could one bend a metal sheet using the same idea?

Yes, you could make this happen on purpose. However, I wouldn't say you could use it to bend a metal sheet. Depending on the tree, bark is VERY easy to chip off, especially if it were supporting the full weight of a person. I doubt it says the bark breaks because the chakra is really dealing serious damage at all.

Also, after doing some quick research, according to canon if you use too much chakra it doesn't only break the bark, but it pushes you away from the thing you're trying to climb as well.

Quote :
assuming one could stand on a human, could they use this to rend flesh, tear muscles, or break bones?

This is a D-rank jutsu...the most you're gonna be able to do is bruise someone. I disagree with Keos about it needing to be medical jutsu, but I'd say he's on point about it needing to be higher ranked to deal that kind of damage.

Quote :
Also, could one grab an item with their feet, using this method? If one were to manage to touch the bottom of their feet to the side of a sword, could they grab it? Or, break it?

Grab? Yes. Break? Not likely. It would probably just get pushed away from your foot unless it is something VERY brittle. Since this application of the jutsu pushes the user away from a tree, it's pretty safe to assume the only reason the bark breaks is because the tree is rooted/grounded and therefore must absorb the pushing force directly.




Keep in mind, I'm just a trial-mod, a more experienced staff member will have to chime in for a final decision. But that is my educated guess based on what is written in the description and what we've seen in canon.


I'm Alex, and I approve this message.
Back to top Go down
http://captaintigglesworth.tumblr.com/
Keos
Keos

Age : 25
Posts : 1585

Act of Tree Climbing Vide
PostSubject: Re: Act of Tree Climbing Act of Tree Climbing EmptySun 08 Mar 2015, 9:15 am


Mugen Kousen wrote:
This is a D-rank jutsu...the most you're gonna be able to do is bruise someone. I disagree with Keos about it needing to be medical jutsu, but I'd say he's on point about it needing to be higher ranked to deal that kind of damage.

I mentioned Medical Ninjutsu as we already know from the canon world that Medics have a really good grasp of chakra control. Given that there are so many other medical appliances that are offensive and not "healing" techniques, I thought that a technique that tears flesh just by applying chakra through one's feet would be extremely hard. Thus, it would be of high rank, and a medical technique, since it's done through chakra flow, not combined physical damage (which means it can't be just a taijutsu).

I think people breaking limbs off and causing internal damage through chakra flow from their feet, without being experts at chakra flow (Medics, Genjutsu users, Puppeteers) wouldn't be "balanced".

But it's up to creation mods to decide that, my words don't have any importance at all.
Back to top Go down
Mugen Kousen
Mugen Kousen

Age : 29
Posts : 718

Act of Tree Climbing Vide
PostSubject: Re: Act of Tree Climbing Act of Tree Climbing EmptySun 08 Mar 2015, 9:31 am

Keos wrote:

Mugen Kousen wrote:
This is a D-rank jutsu...the most you're gonna be able to do is bruise someone. I disagree with Keos about it needing to be medical jutsu, but I'd say he's on point about it needing to be higher ranked to deal that kind of damage.

I mentioned Medical Ninjutsu as we already know from the canon world that Medics have a really good grasp of chakra control. Given that there are so many other medical appliances that are offensive and not "healing" techniques, I thought that a technique that tears flesh just by applying chakra through one's feet would be extremely hard. Thus, it would be of high rank, and a medical technique, since it's done through chakra flow, not combined physical damage (which means it can't be just a taijutsu).

I think people breaking limbs off and causing internal damage through chakra flow from their feet, without being experts at chakra flow (Medics, Genjutsu users, Puppeteers) wouldn't be "balanced".

But it's up to creation mods to decide that, my words don't have any importance at all.

I can see how you might come to that train of thought, however I'd point you to things like the rasengan and hyuuga techniques as evidence that medical expertise isn't required for attacks based purely on the flow of chakra.

Hyuuga jutsu are an especially good example of this as most of them don't really need the byakugan to be performed. Their KKG merely assists their jutsu in being far more precise and effective than they could be otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Keos
Keos

Age : 25
Posts : 1585

Act of Tree Climbing Vide
PostSubject: Re: Act of Tree Climbing Act of Tree Climbing EmptySun 08 Mar 2015, 9:37 am

Mugen Kousen wrote:
I can see how you might come to that train of thought, however I'd point you to things like the rasengan and hyuuga techniques as evidence that medical expertise isn't required for attacks based purely on the flow of chakra.

Hyuuga jutsu are an especially good example of this as most of them don't really need the byakugan to be performed. Their KKG merely assists their jutsu in being far more precise and effective than they could be otherwise.

I doubt Hyuuga techniques can be effective without them using their Byakugan. But even still, your one example is a jutsu that just recently became a limited, high rank technique, after being banned for years, and your second example is the Hyuuga clan, one of the strongest, experts in chakra flow, tenketsu techniques, Taijutsu, and Doujutsu users. So your argument stands short in allowing people to do such thing as tearing flesh with Act of Tree Climbing. I hope you can see where I'm coming from, and I hope people don't get such things approved so easily. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Crono Guardia
Konoha Nin
Crono Guardia

Age : 21
Posts : 175

Act of Tree Climbing Vide
PostSubject: Re: Act of Tree Climbing Act of Tree Climbing EmptySun 08 Mar 2015, 9:53 am

it's my understanding of the technique that the chakra is penetrating the bark and ahereing to the wood like a nail, i you use too much the pressure of so much chakra on such a small area crushes the bark and propels the user back just like the kickback from a gun. 

if this would be used on a person I'd assume it would penatrate the skin and stick to the bone, if too much is applied it would just bruise the skin just due to the high pressure of the chakra damaging the capillaries. just remember though, the opponent could just coat that part of his body in chakra and instantly counter your jutsu as both chakra's would be pushing against each other and then you wouldn't be attached anymore. 

Tsunade's taijutsu seems to use an advanced form of this, using too much chakra on her attacks and causing the expulsion to occur at the moment of the strike.
Back to top Go down
Mugen Kousen
Mugen Kousen

Age : 29
Posts : 718

Act of Tree Climbing Vide
PostSubject: Re: Act of Tree Climbing Act of Tree Climbing EmptySun 08 Mar 2015, 10:17 am

Keos wrote:
I doubt Hyuuga techniques can be effective without them using their Byakugan. But even still, your one example is a jutsu that just recently became a limited, high rank technique, after being banned for years, and your second example is the Hyuuga clan, one of the strongest, experts in chakra flow, tenketsu techniques, Taijutsu, and Doujutsu users. So your argument stands short in allowing people to do such thing as tearing flesh with Act of Tree Climbing. I hope you can see where I'm coming from, and I hope people don't get such things approved so easily. Cheers.

*sighs*

I'm stubborn about clearing these things up, so forgive me for responding yet again. But I believe your argument is the one coming up a bit short.

First and foremost, I want it to be clear that I'm not suggesting the act of tree climbing jutsu could be used in this manner. It's a D-rank jutsu. But the same basic concept of it applied at a higher rank? I don't see why it couldn't deal some damage. It would likely have a different name entirely though as it would be a combat jutsu rather than one made for climbing things.

In terms of hyuuga techniques not requiring the Byakugan, I was specifically referring to things like the vacuum palm and mountain crusher. The byakugan only really lets them target vital areas and tenketsu with these jutsu making them much more effective than they could be otherwise. It isn't required for them to produce the destructive power behind these jutsu or the chakra emission.

If you remain unconvinced however, here are some canon/filler examples of chakra flow jutsu that can be dangerous enough to rend flesh, if not deadly enough to kill. Ones which have nothing to do with the medical spec.

SST and all it's child jutsu
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Samurai_Sabre_Technique

Flying Swallow
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Flying_Swallow

Chakra Shockwave Slash
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Chakra_Shockwave_Slash

Chakra Cat Claw <- Wow, I didn't know this one was a thing. It made me giggle :3
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Cat_Chakra_Claw

It wouldn't be difficult for a shinobi to make a jutsu in which they unleash a violent burst of chakra to a target they are touching point blank range. Nor is it hard to imagine that if said chakra were released in the right manner that it could tear flesh away or produce enough force to break bones. Saying that it would be too difficult due to a lack of mastery in chakra flow is like saying almost every other jutsu out there would be too difficult since almost all of them require skilled chakra flow. I know you didn't outright claim this, but you did mention the Hyuuga's chakra flow mastery as part of why their jutsu are unique.

I do see where you are coming from. I just see a lot more evidence to suggest that such a jutsu really wouldn't require any medical expertise and thus could be registered under simple ninjutsu. It could probably be made as a medical jutsu as well, but if it were, I'd hope the user added details to it that were more fitting to their spec such as that it could be performed with pinpoint accuracy to target vital organs and other key parts of anatomy. Or perhaps that it leaves behind an effect that prevents coagulation on top of tearing the skin away.

Anyways, I really dislike debating these kinds of things so I'm hopeful that I've convinced you with this. Perhaps it will give you peace of mind to know that while I advocate this specific jutsu, I'm usually pretty hesitant to approve techniques dealing damage with pure chakra alone and no elemental natures in the mix. I tend to grade them with a much more discerning eye because usually people try to get away with range and potency far greater than is justifiable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content


Act of Tree Climbing Vide
PostSubject: Re: Act of Tree Climbing Act of Tree Climbing Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-