Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kumogakure no Jutsu

View previous topic View next topic Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Kumogakure no Jutsu Vide
PostSubject: Kumogakure no Jutsu Kumogakure no Jutsu EmptyTue 24 Mar 2015, 5:04 pm

Name: Kumogakure no Jutsu - Hidden Cloud Technique
Type: Ninjutsu
Range: Close (0 - 5m), Med (5 - 10m)
Element: -
Description: Kumogakure no Jutsu is a ninjutsu technique utilizing no element. A technique that imitates that of the Kirigakure no Jutsu, once the user has performed the required handseals they will be able to call upon a thick and heavy cloud that will appear almost out of nowhere. The cloud will be able to cover a ten metre radius around the user and only the user is able to sense where others lurk within the cloud. Those with doujutsu or chakra sensing techniques are also able to see through this thick cloud but without any aid, then you'll be blind within the cloud. If a C - Rank or above fuuton technique is activated, then the cloud will be blown away.
Chakra Cost: 4

I'd thought this already fixed a while ago, apparently not. Suffice to say, the Kumogakur no jutsu is lacking in many ways; no mention of a duration, and if it has one, whether it possesses a per-post cost. No mention of the user being able to dispel it once they no longer need it. Really, all very useful stuff.
Back to top Go down
Ruka
Ruka

Kumogakure no Jutsu Vide
PostSubject: Re: Kumogakure no Jutsu Kumogakure no Jutsu EmptyTue 24 Mar 2015, 5:48 pm

I think you'll find the description a bit more descriptive than you might think. It does need rewriting to clarify things but it is in serviceable shape. Let's start from the beggining:

[*]Duration: It lasts for as long as it is not dispelled up to one post, I think the implication of the technique is that it lasts for one post however your attempt of using it might be interrupted by a Wind technique blowing it away sooner. That is why it has no upkeep cost (that is just my interpretation of the current version and my arguments why I think so).

[*]Since it has a one post duration it really does not need an upkeep cost, the smoke does not continuously flow from the user which means that after one payment of chakra the user simply lets out the cloud and that is it, the cloud lasts for as long as a smoke ball lasts (a post) and then dissapears with the user having no control over it after it is used

[*]Since there is no channeling of the technique, nothing that connects you with it after it is used I believe it is safe to say that the user will not be able to do anything with it post-use, they are unable to dispel it (why would you even need that if it disapears in one post?), also if you're in such a desperate need of dispelling it just use a wind technique and blow it away yourself.

[*]The technique lacks detail because it is very simplistic, if it does not mention something as a possibility it is likely because one cannot do that. If you analyze the descriptions properly you might get your answer to the question however I do not believe that a member should analyze the description trying to catch vague clues, yes, you are right it does need to be rewritten as does a lot of things in the Open category as sadly the site is outdated judging from its current standards. At some point the descriptions here used to be simplistic and very open to interpretation like "User does X and Y happens" and nothing more, now you may be asked to write almost an Academic paper as to how you perform your technique and mention all possible uses of it.

Both in my opinion are extremes and as Obi Wan once said in that one movie: "Only the Sith deal in absolutes". The descriptions need to be rewritten, they need to be rewritten so that they are clear enough AND hint at all possible uses of the technique without one needing to write a novel on how they make fire come out of their mouth. For that to happen however Staff needs people (also Admin permission, but mostly - people). As I am currently aware some rewritting processes are happening, it is not ignored but I cannot give you an exact ETA until they will be done.

I hope I helped you somewhat with at least the current problem. If someone from the creation department disagrees with my interpretation feel free to argue, I have come to accept that sometimes logic and text analysis are not the preferred methods around here so I could be wrong (even though I analyze and interpret texts for a living...).
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Kumogakure no Jutsu Vide
PostSubject: Re: Kumogakure no Jutsu Kumogakure no Jutsu EmptyWed 25 Mar 2015, 1:29 am

This isn't the first time I've brought up how unspecific the technique is.

Apparently, the fix never really stuck.
Back to top Go down
Mugen Kousen
Mugen Kousen

Kumogakure no Jutsu Vide
PostSubject: Re: Kumogakure no Jutsu Kumogakure no Jutsu EmptyThu 26 Mar 2015, 10:26 pm

Since Trey is the big boss of the creations area and he's been MIA for a few weeks, the jutsu revamping of the encyclopedia section has been at a stand still as it requires his feedback before it can move forward. Believe me, I'm very frustrated about this delay.

As the person leading the charge on this revamping, I will bookmark this topic and take it into consideration once I reach the village jutsu. Until then, however, I'm afraid I lack the authority to go making updates and changes as I please.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kumogakure no Jutsu Vide
PostSubject: Re: Kumogakure no Jutsu Kumogakure no Jutsu Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-