Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Slight Jutsu Change

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Crono Guardia
Konoha Nin
Crono Guardia

Slight Jutsu Change Vide
PostSubject: Slight Jutsu Change Slight Jutsu Change EmptyMon 27 Apr 2015, 11:08 am

just changing this from a sustained jutsu to a fixed duration.

Name: Gobi Sauna Jōka | Five Tails Sauna Purification
Type: Ninjutsu
Range: 20m from user
Element: Steam
Description: The user emits large quantities of steam from his body. This not only heats the air around him to near unbearable temperatures breaking down any airborne toxins in the area but also forcefully causing the user to sweat out any toxins from his body. Steam remains for 6 posts before dissipating.
Chakra Cost: 10
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

Slight Jutsu Change Vide
PostSubject: Re: Slight Jutsu Change Slight Jutsu Change EmptyWed 29 Apr 2015, 11:22 pm

Is this a custom jutsu or is this a Gobi Canon jutsu? Just asking before I make any verdict on the jutsu.
Back to top Go down
Crono Guardia
Konoha Nin
Crono Guardia

Slight Jutsu Change Vide
PostSubject: Re: Slight Jutsu Change Slight Jutsu Change EmptyThu 30 Apr 2015, 6:18 am

the only gobi cannon jutsu there is I've discussed with you... and it's banned. So yes, custom. changing it from what I already have in profile.
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

Slight Jutsu Change Vide
PostSubject: Re: Slight Jutsu Change Slight Jutsu Change EmptyThu 30 Apr 2015, 9:33 am

If that is the case, there are several things I want to bring up, seeing as they bother me quite a bit.

1. Cleansing of the body
From what I have seen, Crono does not have a Medical skill. While the Steam element would certainly be capable of doing something such as this, you would need to have the Medical Ninjutsu specialty if you want to cleanse any toxins from your body. Without it, it would be the same as a Kaguya using his Calcium for more than just his bones without the Medical specialty, which just is not happening. If you want this jutsu, remove the cleansing of the body as it gives an unfair advantage over people who use Medical Ninjutsu or Puppetry in order to get to use poisons.

2. Offensive capabilities
Though not stated, if you make the air around you unbearably hot, this will give you a certain advantage in battle as well. Since this is not what the technique seems to be made for in my opinion (as it is meant to destroy airborne toxins from what I can see), I am willing to work with you and say that if someone gets within a one meter radius, they will receive first degree burns, but no more than that.

3. Cleansing of the air
While I am fine with you cleansing the air, I am going to have to insist that you specifically state that it can only kill airborne toxins of the same rank, meaning he can only destroy C ranked toxins. As such, might I suggest making the rank of this jutsu C rank - S rank? By making it multi-rank, you will get to make a lot more use out of this jutsu, meaning it will stay useful as you rank up.

4. Duration
For a jutsu such as this, a six post duration is WAY too long. Reduce it to one post, that should be more than enough to kill the toxin when it is close to you.
Back to top Go down
Crono Guardia
Konoha Nin
Crono Guardia

Slight Jutsu Change Vide
PostSubject: Re: Slight Jutsu Change Slight Jutsu Change EmptyThu 30 Apr 2015, 10:13 pm

1.) thats more a side effect. i'm increasing the temperature of my chakra to it's boiling point and then expelling that chakra through my pores. This would cause any poison/toxin in my bloodstream to be broken down and then sweated out Just like how being in a sauna purifies the body of toxins just at a faster rate. I don't think forcing your body to sweat would require Ijutsu.

2.) Yeah, not meant for offensive use. But if it were multi-rank... I could see this.

3.) for fairness sake, I'll agree to this. Even though both plant and animal toxins break down quickly at high temperatures.

4.) And for the kicker. This jutsu is actually for what it sounds like. Making an area into a sauna. everything else is just a byproduct. Walk into a small lake, and turn it into a hot springs. Walk into a small shed, and boom sauna. It's a jutsu to relax. Just used it, in a thread in konoha to heat the hot springs up a little bit cause they felt a little cool to me. Sauna's are used to purify the body, hense that stuff. Those additional posts are so that the steam remains and keeps the area hot. Kinda hard to keep a conversation going in a hot spring while you are bubbling from the waist down to sustain the jutsu. Hense this thread.
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

Slight Jutsu Change Vide
PostSubject: Re: Slight Jutsu Change Slight Jutsu Change EmptyFri 01 May 2015, 1:50 am

Well, that is going to be a problem, because right now you have a jutsu that does three pretty potent things at the same time, which is really not how any of this should work. I get how you have Steam Release, but realistically speaking, which is something you are doing since you bring up the way animal and plant toxins break down under severely high temperatures, you need to also bring into the equation that if you go and increase chakra inside of your body to a boiling point, it would carry with it some serious damage to your body.

That is why I am going to give you the following to work with:

Option A: Make this into an offensive jutsu that deals scalding damage around you and has the ability to destroy equal ranking toxins that enter the range of the jutsu. Make it so the jutsu has a one post duration so it does not become a form of defensive/offensive aura, as that is something people do not like here on US. Due to the jutsu being C ranked and dealing scalding damage, the damage would be equal to first degree burns and possible second degree burns on prolonged contact, but the radius of the jutsu will not extend five meters.

Option B: Get Medical Ninjutsu and gain the ability to cleanse your body and make a non-hostile version of this jutsu that kills Toxins in and outside of your body without the offensive capabilities. As things are now, I would have to advise you to go with option A.
Back to top Go down
Crono Guardia
Konoha Nin
Crono Guardia

Slight Jutsu Change Vide
PostSubject: Re: Slight Jutsu Change Slight Jutsu Change EmptyFri 01 May 2015, 7:59 am

didn't think i'd have to point out something that was clearly defined in the release.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Boil_Release

Quote :
Kokuō and its jinchūriki utilises steam, by increasing the temperature of chakra to boiling point (沸点, futten). In this version, steam is released, and can be either used as a form of propulsion, increasing the power and speed of a taijutsu technique, or can be spread instantly from their body to burn or melt their surroundings due its high temperature.
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

Slight Jutsu Change Vide
PostSubject: Re: Slight Jutsu Change Slight Jutsu Change EmptyFri 01 May 2015, 3:37 pm

But this is not the Anime/Manga, you are not Han, you do not wear as Steam Armour as far as I am aware, and unlike the creator of Naruto that keeps changing the logic behind chakra and how it would affect people for the sake of plot, we actually have a set amount of rules that we need to stick to. Sorry, but I am not going to budge any more than I have up to this point. I am more than willing to work with people, but the earlier post remains as my Mod post.

Note that, if you are not okay with this, you can feel free to call in Kuro or Josi to overrule me, though I don't think they will be more lenient than me after stating the possible problems such a jutsu can cause.
Back to top Go down
Crono Guardia
Konoha Nin
Crono Guardia

Slight Jutsu Change Vide
PostSubject: Re: Slight Jutsu Change Slight Jutsu Change EmptySat 02 May 2015, 4:47 am

Quote :
But this is not the Anime/Manga, you are not Han, you do not wear as Steam Armour as far as I am aware, and unlike the creator of Naruto that keeps changing the logic behind chakra and how it would affect people for the sake of plot, we actually have a set amount of rules that we need to stick to. Sorry, but I am not going to budge any more than I have up to this point. I am more than willing to work with people, but the earlier post remains as my Mod post.

Note that, if you are not okay with this, you can feel free to call in Kuro or Josi to overrule me, though I don't think they will be more lenient than me after stating the possible problems such a jutsu can cause.

I don't see what any of that has to do with the basic concepts of the release. For all intents and purposes I am Han, with a katana.  Steam Armor stores the steam made, it doesn't effect how it's made... it just contains it, like the boiler of a steam powered train engine. The pressure of the heated steam builds up and is released as the user moves and attacks amplifying the power and speed of those attacks directly proportional to the steam being released from the armor. I'm not getting the armor or any of it's variants... Yet. I'm still a C rank. I need to develop the basics before learning to use stuff more advanced then that. Nothing quite as basic as just releasing steam from your body. I don't even need to focus it before releasing it out. It vents directly out of my bloodstream from my pores.  

All of that doesn't change the fact that to make steam AKA "BOIL" Release... I am increasing the temperature of chakra in my body to the "boiling" point. In the ONLY Canon way for Gobi's jinchurriki to make steam, the user has to increase the temperature of chakra to the boiling point. That would have realistic side effects to things that aren't me when it's preformed.

In the other thread you said I can't make acid steam techs cause those are clan specific. They end up controling steam based PH balance..... and now here you are saying I can't even use the form of steam that deals with pure scalding hot steam because  "we have rules"?

Please, show me where in these rules it states the exact way that releases don't work the way that they do in the manga/show. As a matter of fact, show me anywhere on the site that explains how my release works and how it differs from the manga/anime.

Quote :
you need to also bring into the equation that if you go and increase chakra inside of your body to a boiling point, it would carry with it some serious damage to your body.

Because when you cover your arm in fire chakra it also inflicts 3rd degree burns to your arm, too;  shooting lava from your mouth, melts your teeth; using lightning jutsu would cause you to go into cardiac arrest; And encasing yourself in an ice barrier would cause your dick to fall off from frostbite, Right?

but you are right, it does affect my body. It causes me to sweat. Just like an actual sauna I could add that prolonged use and exposure could lead to dehydration. And that sweat purifies the body by releasing toxins from the bloodstream. Consitering this is, in both name and application, a bathing jutsu. I really see no problem with personal purification.

If you want your poison to not be affected, make it highly resistant to heat. Some poisons need to be custom tailored to their targets, and if someone is targeting me and is planning on using poisons. They would be wise to acknowledge and anticipate the fact that as the 5 tailed jin, I have a release that directly counters most venom and poisons due to how it works.

As a matter of fact, doing the above. Would absolutely crush me. Not only would I have the poison inside me, but even if I was able to use this tech. All it would do would be vaporizing the poison and making it airborn as some of it would be released from my pores, and put me in the center of that cloud of poison, and possibly affecting any allies within range of me. Instead of clearing the air, I've polluted the area, and am now breathing it in as well.
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

Slight Jutsu Change Vide
PostSubject: Re: Slight Jutsu Change Slight Jutsu Change EmptySat 02 May 2015, 2:24 pm

Hiruzen wrote:

I´m not going to change what I have said. So I point to the above. If you feel like you are being treated unfairly, you can ask Kuro or Josi. I´m not going out of my way to allow a jutsu that does things that feel like they should be Medical or at least Med-Nin in nature without any Medical at all.
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

Slight Jutsu Change Vide
PostSubject: Re: Slight Jutsu Change Slight Jutsu Change EmptyMon 15 Jun 2015, 11:29 pm

Archived.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Slight Jutsu Change Vide
PostSubject: Re: Slight Jutsu Change Slight Jutsu Change Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-