Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Chris
Chris

Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 Vide
PostSubject: Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 EmptyFri 01 May 2015, 5:31 am

Also know as Chapter 1 - Sasuke is a Scumbag Father.

http://www.mangareader.net/naruto-gaiden-the-seventh-hokage/1

Also Sakura doesn't remember if Sasuke had glasses... uh huuuuh.
Back to top Go down
Elsa
Elsa

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 EmptyFri 01 May 2015, 5:53 am

Oh, sweet! Is this going to be a continuous series like Naruto, or just something short?
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 EmptyFri 01 May 2015, 3:26 pm

It is meant to be something short, but don't be surprised if this drags on for at least a year.
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 EmptyFri 01 May 2015, 3:52 pm

They're only releasing one chapter a month. I won't be surprised if it goes for two years.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Anna

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 EmptySat 02 May 2015, 11:59 pm

Welp, Sarada is my favorite out of the group.
Back to top Go down
Ruka
Ruka

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 EmptySun 03 May 2015, 12:24 am

Great, I hated Sasuke's guts, now I can hate his whole family...

Sarada is the "Where do I come from though?" kind of emo. Can't wait to see how her emo evolves. So far she switched personalities only twice from a Hinata to a Wolverine, problem is, she's been around for only two issues.

Well done, Kishi, I missed you, you magnificent writer! When you're gone writing is so solid and good, what am I to rant about?!

Welcome back, old friend! Welcome back!
Back to top Go down
Mugen Kousen
Mugen Kousen

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 EmptySun 03 May 2015, 2:21 am

Ruka wrote:
Well done, Kishi, I missed you, you magnificent writer! When you're gone writing is so solid and good, what am I to rant about?!

Welcome back, old friend! Welcome back!

This...this is sarcasm...right? -looks hopeful-
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 EmptyMon 04 May 2015, 5:22 pm

Kishi's writing is best writing! D:
Back to top Go down
Ancladar
Konoha Nin
Ancladar

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 EmptyWed 06 May 2015, 4:25 am

How come Sakura still has a loan to pay off? Like legit best medical kunochi in Konoha and one of 4 people to fight Kaguya.
Back to top Go down
Mugen Kousen
Mugen Kousen

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 EmptyWed 06 May 2015, 4:52 am

Two reasons:

1. She's useless
2. She spends what little money she does have on therapy trying to deal with the fact that she's raising Karin's child. As we can see from the way she claims to be her mother, the therapy isn't helping.

As a side note, she didn't really "fight" Kaguya very much. She was pretty much there as a chakra battery and to do a single punch. GG.
Back to top Go down
Ancladar
Konoha Nin
Ancladar

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 EmptyWed 06 May 2015, 5:32 am

Sakura isn't useless >_>. She and everyone else is just underpowered compared to Naruto and Sasuke. Always bugs me when someone says a character is useless when they're not. It's like when people make fun of Yamcha. Yes he's weak compared to Goku and the other, but he could still destroy the planet and kill everyone. It's like saying Green Lantern is useless when you compare him to Superman.
Back to top Go down
Mugen Kousen
Mugen Kousen

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 EmptyWed 06 May 2015, 6:29 pm

First of all, the "Sakura is useless" thing is a running joke that's been around on the internet for about as long as Naruto has been around as a series. You shouldn't take it too seriously.

Secondly, the running joke exists because aside from a handful of instances(Fight against Sasori as a glaring example and her highest point) in most situations Sakura is involved in, she contributes almost nothing to the overall victories. It isn't just because other people are overpowered in comparison either. She stands around and worries half the time and hardly ever lives up to her potential as a character.

Lastly, it doesn't matter how powerful Yamcha is in the context of other characters. Once Z began, he was constantly defeated and outclassed by every opponent he ever faced outside of training. So it's pretty fair to call him "useless" in the context of the series since he never accomplishes anything of worthy note. Same thing with Green Lantern. If his track record was just as poor, then it would be fair game to call him useless as well. Thankfully, the Green Lantern is a bad ass and often saves many worlds from imminent doom. So he's not useless and anyone who claims as much is probably just a Green Lantern hater or a Superman fanboy unable to admit that the GL actually becomes stronger than SM in certain scenarios within the DC universe.

Aaaaaaany ways, that perspective in mind, I'm a Sakura hater. Hinata FTW. No waifu no laifu.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 EmptyWed 06 May 2015, 7:35 pm

There is a general lack of strong females in Naruto. Sakura, Ino, Tenten and Hinata are probably the weakest of Konoha 12 and all act in support capacities. While Tsunade is physically strong, I don't think she ever really lived up to her potential - she was a prominent support, but of the Sages and of the Kages I would consider her the weakest. The 5th Mizukage was powerful, though weighed down by her love-life shenanigan bullshit. Chiyo was shown way past her prime, which is a shame, cuz she was probably quite a badass lady. Temari, while initially a force to be reckoned, was quickly degraded to a B or C-lister. Konan had almost no chance to shine, but she was probably the strongest female to be shown on Naruto, with the final exception of Kaguya Ōtsutsuki. I'm sure there are some females that I missed out (Sound 4 Girl whose name escapes me) but the fact that I don't remember them speaks for itself.

This is in contrast to a character such as Android 18, for example, who was badass and remained badass throughout the whole show, even if she did take a backseat.
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 EmptyWed 06 May 2015, 9:49 pm

Konan was badass as fuck.

Also, we can look forward to 18 getting more time to be a badass from July, seeing as we'll get Dragonball Chou (Super) and Revival of F. So yeah, that should be good.
Back to top Go down
Ancladar
Konoha Nin
Ancladar

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 EmptyThu 07 May 2015, 12:25 am

Tenten isn't weak >_>. She doesn't get screen time and fought against the worst possible opponent for a projectile user to face. Preshippuden she could have beaten most the people in the exams save Gaara, Temari, Lee, And Neji. The sheer volume of sharp point objects she could send flying through the air would make a pincushion out of everyone else >_>.

Agreed Konan is badass. I really wish she had killed Obito. Sharingan powers are bs, she had him dead to rights.

Don't get me wrong, not much of a Sakura fan either. Hinata should have been leading lady. I just think Kisimoto was lazy with most of his female characters. So much so that it makes other characters in the series look bad. For instance it made Kakashi look like a dick for not training Sakura. If Jiraya hadn't gone to get Tsunade Sakura would have not even gotten medical or the super punches to save her from being a named background ninja.
Back to top Go down
Mugen Kousen
Mugen Kousen

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 EmptyThu 07 May 2015, 12:43 am

Bringing things back on subject with the chapter,

Did anyone else notice that Shikamaru became kind of a jerk? Boruto was playing with a clone so Naruto could be in his office doing work, and Shikamaru stopped it as if that were an active distraction to Naruto or something. What the heck man, what a party pooper.
Back to top Go down
Ancladar
Konoha Nin
Ancladar

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 EmptyThu 07 May 2015, 12:53 am

#Won the debate.

But yea he was being a bit of a dick. Naruto has chakra enough to spar for one clone to play with his son. Naruto had like what 100 clones all over the place during the war? He's likely gotten stronger since then too so Shikimaru has no right to act like that.
Back to top Go down
Ulkira
Nukenin
Ulkira

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 EmptyThu 07 May 2015, 12:55 am

Pffff-HAHAHAHAHA! Good on you, Kishi! Making me continue to hate Sasuke and Sakura. It's like a drug to me at this point.

Anyway, Sakura may be one of the most disliked characters in the series (to me, Sasuke is the only person who's more loathsome than her), but you have to give her props for one thing. Even if Sarada isn't her child, Sakura was at least humane enough to take her in after Sasuke undoubtedly dumped Sarada on her. Really, unless we find out that Sasuke has no idea about Sarada's existence, and that it was Karin who actually left the child with Sakura, then the true villain here is everyone's favorite Uchiha.

Mugen Kousen wrote:
Bringing things back on subject with the chapter,

Did anyone else notice that Shikamaru became kind of a jerk? Boruto was playing with a clone so Naruto could be in his office doing work, and Shikamaru stopped it as if that were an active distraction to Naruto or something. What the heck man, what a party pooper.

I interpreted that as Shikamaru trying to tell Boruto to chill out over the fact that Naruto was always too busy to give him proper attention. After all, isn't the reason why Boruto keeps acting out the same reason why Naruto used to? A lack of parental attention? Based on Shikamaru's words, it was more like he was hoping to get Boruto to see things more maturely, and from Naruto's perspective. Well, that's how it seemed to me.

Hiruzen wrote:
Konan was badass as fuck.

Also, we can look forward to 18 getting more time to be a badass from July, seeing as we'll get Dragonball Chou (Super) and Revival of F. So yeah, that should be good.

Quite. The only other female character I wished that Kishimoto had given more screen (panel?) time to was Yugito, the Nibi's Jinchuuriki.

Sadly, Kishimoto has never been good with female characters. I don't recall where I read it, but he apparently admitted as much in an interview once, along with how difficult it was for him to draw "cute" or "pretty" females. Writing romance was also tough for him, hence why the series makes such an abysmal love story. And why he pretty much left the love aspect of the The Last to the movie's producers.

Ahhh... Resurrection F... Dragon Ball Super... So hyped. So very hyped.
Back to top Go down
Keos
Keos

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 EmptyThu 07 May 2015, 3:36 pm

All I want to say is how much I love people who praised Konan.

*Vanishes*
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 EmptyThu 07 May 2015, 4:12 pm

Keos wrote:

*Vanishes*

Who is this?
Back to top Go down
Ancladar
Konoha Nin
Ancladar

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 EmptyThu 07 May 2015, 7:39 pm

Lol Konan is a badass. She could have beaten a bunch of the Akatsuki members. Hell in that moment she out explosioned spammed Diedara.
Back to top Go down
Keos
Keos

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 EmptyFri 08 May 2015, 6:11 pm

Hiruzen wrote:
Keos wrote:

*Vanishes*

Who is this?

A person who's waiting for summer to return on the forum.
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 EmptyFri 08 May 2015, 6:19 pm

Keos wrote:
Hiruzen wrote:
Keos wrote:

*Vanishes*

Who is this?

A person who's waiting for summer to return on the forum.

Good, good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-