Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Time to fish!

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Kiseki
Konoha Nin
Kiseki

Time to fish! Vide
PostSubject: Time to fish! Time to fish! EmptySun 24 Jun 2012, 5:01 am

Kanji walked out of the village gates stretching, feeling the bandages on his stomach press against his skin trying to keep itself attached. His skin felt burnt still but the medical Nin had easily taken care of his burns, all that was left was the feeling. Taking one step forward he felt the pain from Ami's shuriken wound in his left leg, gritting his teeth he forced himself to go forward. It had been a week in total with no contact from the human world and Kanji just sitting alone in his house trying to meditate. He generally had no qualms with going on a mission but Tenma had advised him to take it easy and do a simpler mission. Finally getting Tenma to quiet down Kanji had taken on a fishing mission. It seemed simple to just go out there in the water with an old man and catch fish; just one problem persisted in the back of Kanji's mind. He hadn't ever fished before so he'd be pretty much learning for his first time out on the boat. Not wanting to be a burden Kanji looked up various ways to fish and how to improve upon fishing. What to expect from his first time of fishing and how to effectively fish. Kanji read through everything with nothing really sticking to his mind. Walking down the trail towards the port reminded Kanji of his first mission with Tenma and Etorufuu. They had to protect a traveling merchant, the mission was a success just Tenma suffered a wound. Kanji gulped as he remembered his near death experience with the bandits. Holding his stomach he felt it do flips at the thought of being cut in half. Slowly the sun rose behind him shining down on his back warming his clothes. He wore his mission gear this time and had his headband tired around his right arm figuring that it was pointless to wear seriously Looking ahead Kanji saw the port within sight and started to pick the pace up trying to forget about such grim thoughts.

Upon arrival at the port Kanji remembered that multiple fishermen often hired kumogakure shinobi the same this man did. Looking through the crowd to see some familiar faces Kanji quickly spun on his heels at the sound of his name. "Kanji? Kanji Senju?" An old man had asked him. Nodding his head Kanji opened his mouth to speak only to but cut off, "You're a little late aren't you? Well let’s get going. Can't afford to lose this year..." The man said with a solemn expression walking towards the docks. The man was around Kanji's height standing at a good six feet if not taller. His weight however seemed to be a problem, his body seemed unnaturally thin. Frowning Kanji walked behind him observing the man. His grey hair showed underneath his straw hat and had a messy appearance. It seemed a bit uneven and upon further inspection it was cut by an amateur. His clothes also seemed a bit dirty too with wrinkles all over them and a patch on the back of his left pant leg. This man obviously wasn't doing too well. His blue eyes seemed tired and old, like a bombardier's eyes. His experiences carved the man before Kanji and this man seemed like he could barely take care of himself. His sandals appeared to be falling apart and his pants seemed to have been worn to the point of nearly being garbage. Trying not to stare Kanji wanted to observe as much as he could of this man."Um, what is your name sir?" Kanji asked trying to not show the pity in his voice. It was obviously detected even if it was the slightest the man glanced over his shoulder to answer. "Mikami. Mikami Natoshi is my name." Looking ahead again the man held the four fishing poles close to his chest along with his bucket full of bait. Kanji gritted his teeth seeing this man trying to walk carrying everything. Taking the bucket from the man and three of the fishing poles he glared at the man as the two stopped in the middle of the docks. "I'm carrying some of this for you. It is the least I can do for you allowing me to set foot on your boat." "Damn it kid. Give me the supplies. I can handle myself!" Mikami yelled out at Kanji. "Get on the damned boat! I'm a shinobi so it is the least I can do to help you! I don't care if you want me to but I came here to help you win so I will help you in every way I can!" Feeling his chest rise up and down from their yelling match Kanji winced and clenched his left eye shut. His body didn't need to move too much or the pain would just flow like a flood throughout his body.

Mikami just glared at him and continued forward till they stopped at the boat. It wasn't big and fancy; it was a simple row boat. Stepping onto the boat Kanji set the supplies down in the middle while Mikami messed with the rope keeping it tied to the dock. It was old and had seen many voyages; Kanji swallowed feeling that this might be its last voyage. The boat shook slightly signaling that the rope had been disconnected between the dock and the boat. Taking his seat in front facing the rear of the boat Mikami stepped in with such elegance as if it was a simple routine for him. Grabbing the paddles he started to row them out into the water. Watching the man as he did this with such ease Kanji admired his expertise. Even if it was trivial it was something that this man worked his life towards. Kanji admired that and smiled to himself while watching the man. "What are you smiling stupidly at?" Mikami said in his normal tone with no strain coming from rowing the boat. "Nothing. Just watching you row made me realize how good at fishing you must be." Mikami's eyes widened at Kanji's words and he immediately looked off to the side. Frowning Kanji didn't press any further and just stared at the fishing poles examining them. They were a mystery to Kanji yet at the same time he knew them perfectly well. Sighing he rubbed his head and stared up into the sky. It was a clear day and from what Kanji read it was a text book day for perfect fishing. Kanji looked back at Mikami as he noticed his shirt clung to his chest. Kanji could make out part of his ribs coming from his sides and realized that there was no food on the boat. The man hadn't brought himself a lunch like Kanji did, Kanji came to the realization that this man was probably not doing too well. Turning his head Kanji ignored it trying to not seem obvious about noticing his financial situation.

The boat came to a sudden stop as they were pretty much alone in the waters, they were near a cliff to their right and the rest was the big blue. Smiling Kanji reached for a fishing pole and watched Mikami bait his hook before casting his line. Frowning slightly Kanji took a worm and tried to bait it only to have it squirm to near freedom before being caught. "God kid... give that to me..." Taking the fishing pole and the bait Mikami baited it for Kanji and handed it back to him. Smiling slightly Kanji pulled his pole back and cast his line outwards. "Why is a hat in the water...?" Kanji said quietly before Mikami stood up yelling. "Damn it Kanji! Why did you throw my hat?!" "Shhhhh. You'll scare the fish. I'll get it. It was an accident..." Kanji grumbled before setting his pole down leaning against the side of the boat. Stripping himself of his clothes he stood there in his boxers staring at the hat. Jumping forward Kanji easily slipped into the water barely disturbing the surface before resurfacing with a fish in hand. "Look! I got a fish and your hat!" Kanji said with a smile as he swam up to the boat. Mikami smiled slightly while sighing and took the hat from Kanji. "Here, we will place our fish in this wooden box." Mikami said pointing to the build in wood box inside the boat, nodding Kanji tossed it in before climbing back aboard. Kanji stood there sun drying himself before realizing something was missing. "My rod!" Kanji exclaimed jumping back into the water. "He sure is something... I wonder if he realizes I took his rod so it wouldn't go over the edge..." Mikami said to himself as Kanji resurfaced. "I'm so sorry Mr. Natoshi! I lost your fishing rod..." Kanji said sadly climbing back into the boat once more. Dripping wet with sadness figuratively and physically wet Mikami started to laugh loudly at Kanji. "I grabbed it for you kid. It is fine." Handing Kanji his rod Mikami had a smile that seemed to be a refreshing change for him. Kanji smiled back to him as they continued to fish while Kanji dried in the sun. Soon they had little over thirty fish until Kanji's stomach started to growl, frowning he dug around for his bento. He had hardly caught any fish most belonged to Mikami, if anything Kanji was just there to keep him company. Another stomach growled as Mikami hunched over trying to hide himself from Kanji's sight. Opening it Kanji began to eat until one fourth of it was gone; he had a very plain meal that consisted of cooked salmon with curry rice. His taste was just as odd as his personality.

Holding his bento out towards Mikami the two sat there in silence until Mikami peeked behind himself. "I don't want your charity! Go eat your own food!" Mikami yelled turning back around as Kanji gritted his teeth. "Take the damn food old man! I'm being nice now eat it!" Kanji yelled now facing Mikami's back. "I have my own food and I don't need a hand out from some teenager that thinks he is better than me!" Mikami said now facing Kanji. The two's eyes met and their personalities clashed. A proud man who doesn't accept handouts and a stubborn senju. "TAKE THE DAMN FOOD! YOU OBVIOUSLY ARE POOR AND STARVING SO LET ME HELP YOU!" Kanji screamed at Mikami before setting the bento down beside himself. "You little shit! I don't want your pity!" Mikami yelled out swinging towards Kanji. Ducking down Kanji tackled him nearly tipping the boat in the process. Sitting on his stomach Kanji grabbed his collar looking him in the eyes. The tired old blue eyes met the strong young red eyes. "Listen here! I won't let you be so stubborn damn it! I've met people like you and I understand where you come from! But I won't let you die from starvation for some stupid pride! Damn it... We only met shortly but you've grown on me... I have neither father nor father like figure... But you've already made me wish you were my dad..." Getting off Mikami Kanji set the bento on Mikami's seat and walked to the other end of the boat. "Do whatever you want..." Kanji said as he stared at the front of the ship. "Kanji.... Thank you..." Mikami mumbled as he began to eat from the bento. Kanji felt his anger die down as he smiled to himself, "You're welcome Mikami..."Kanji thought to himself as he let the silence fill the air. The only sound was fishing rods reeling in fish and Mikami taking a bite every now and then.
Back to top Go down
Kiseki
Konoha Nin
Kiseki

Time to fish! Vide
PostSubject: Re: Time to fish! Time to fish! EmptySun 24 Jun 2012, 8:49 am

A good four hours had passed from the beginning of the fishing tournament and Kanji had caught around ten fish. Feeling proud of himself he looked at the box and counted a good fifty inside of it. Mikami was far better at fishing than Kanji was, frowning he looked at Mikami as he looked back. "This is my favorite fishing spot. The fishes practically come to be caught here. I use to win all the time until... No. This isn't the time or the place. We will this year. I know we will." Mikami said with a smile as he turned back to his side of the boat, Kanji pondered what he meant as he felt his body lock up. He had been suppressing his pain this whole time now it was finally catching up to him. "Gah..." Kanji said as he breathed heavily, trying to fill his lungs with as much air as he could. As if the air would stop his pain he gritted his teeth and held on to the boat tightly. Splintering the wood as the cracking noise could be heard he felt everything light of fire like it was during the duel. Kanji made a mental note to go fight him once more once he was fully rested, Sanjiro wouldn't get to defeat Kanji so easily. Smiling to himself he released his grip on the boat feeling Mikami's hand on his shoulder. "Are you okay Kanji? You look like you're in some serious pain. That scar on the bottom of your arms doesn't look to good either." Mikami pointed out Kanji scars on the bottom of his forearms, each one just looked slightly dark than his normal skin but it would fade with time. They currently made his arms look burnt to a crisp but Kanji had been ignoring this for majority of this month. Looking down at his stomach Kanji eyed the bandage as he peeled it off revealing two light colored dots on his stomach where the wound was. It would disappear but for now his external wounds were gone. He had to worry about moving still from his internal wounds opening up though. He couldn't have his stomach bleeding or else that might hinder him greatly, Kanji looked back up at Mikami with a smile. "I'll be fine. I'm a shinobi so we are use to taking punishment. Besides I got a strong body. I'm a senju after all so I can withstand this stuff." Kanji felt himself strain the smile as Mikami grabbed him by both his shoulders.

"Kanji! Do not destroy your body with that reasoning! Trust me it isn't worth it! You have your whole life ahead of you and that body has to last you! That body is your greatest treasure and your greatest weapon! Don't let anyone ever destroy it! Even yourself!" Mikami's eyes seemed to be talking to someone who wasn't there. They wavered as if talking to someone else instead of Kanji. Grabbing his shirt he lifted it up and Kanji reeled back in surprise. His eyes were wide and he could only gape at the scene before him. Mikami's chest was littered in scars and Kanji bet that his back was no better. "I saved over three hundred people during my career as a shinobi Kanji... I know what I'm talking about... trust me... I don't want to watch you make the same mistake. My body aches every day from these wounds..." Mikami said letting go of his shirt and sitting back down. "But I never let them scar my back... I never retreated and thousands died by my hands... I am too weak to fight on my own now so I tried to fish... I am horrible at it compared to some of the people I met. I use to win all the time till Kotomine showed up... His gang started to steal my fish and use it as their own to win. My family... They've starved for so long barely living off the fish I can catch..." Kanji felt himself drowned in pity for the man, he wanted to help but he couldn't do anything. "I won't let them. When will they show up?" Kanji asked with strength he hadn't known existed within his voice. Mikami was surprised this time as he looked Kanji in the eyes pleading for his help. "...They usually come right about now...." He whispered as Kanji's eyes widened. Grabbing his head band Kanji put it on his forehead and slipped his pants on just as a boat started to come into the distance. "Kotomine... Kotomine... Kirei?!" Kanji mumbled realizing that this man was possible related to Kirei. The boat came closer and Kanji tried to appear to simply be fishing as its rowing could now be heard.

"Oh, Mikami... You have an assistant today... How wonderful..." The man said with a delighted voice. It sounded just like Kirei only deeper, swallowing Kanji could only imagine how powerful this opponent would be. Turning around Kanji set his fishing pole within the boat, staring at the voice he hid his surprise very well. "Who are you?" Kanji asked the man, his boat was a simple row bow similar to the one Kanji sat in. The only difference was the fact that they had three other men in there rowing and fishing. Four in total, the boat managed to hold them very well and from the looks of it they weren't very good at fishing. Their bucket barely had ten so it is obvious that they would try and steal from Mikami. "Straight to the point too... I am Risei Kotomine. I am here to collect payment from Mikami... Isn't that right Mikami?" "Yeah... But where is Kirei?" Mikami asked reluctantly moving towards his hard earned fish. "He'd be here if some Senju hadn't gotten him arrested. I swear that child had the potential to be an amazing fighter if he took people seriously." Risei said shaking his head. He obviously was more disappointed his son lost then his arrest, gritting his teeth Kanji stood up and yelled towards Risei. "I'm the one who defeated Kirei and he was a worthy opponent but he broke the rules and I had to punish him! I'll do the same to you if you try to take our fish! I'm sure I can handle a bunch of cowards like you." Kanji said with a frown as he watched their movements closely. Risei frowned and signaled for the three men to get up, compared to Risei the other men where short. He had to stand a good seven feet and his white hair seemed like a powdered wig a judge would wear. However his eyes were pure white, perhaps he was blind or he had unique eyes. Either way the man wasn't very weak looking, the other three however. They stood at Kanji's height yet they all seemed to be less scary than Risei. His eyes seemed like Kirei's however Risei stared through your soul. He knew what you were thinking and how to kill you ten times from your current position. Eyeing each man Kanji looked at their appearances to memorize them. The first one was bulky with muscle; scars littered his body showing the battles he had been in.

He wore black pants like the rest of them and sandals that seemed to have ran over a thousand miles. He has bandages on his wrist and no shirt, he obviously didn't mind showing off what muscle he had. By his left side there was a katana hanging. His bald head gleamed in the sunlight and his brown eyes seemed dirtied with ill thoughts and horrible deeds. The second man had long black hair in a pony tail and seemed to have more decency to wear a kimono instead of going shirtless. His purple kimono with scattered white flowers seemed to go well with the man; his elegance could be sensed from just his posture. He wore socks and sandals as a traditional samurai and perhaps he was one. Wielding two swords both on his right side he would be a tougher opponent especially with his black eyes. They were the eyes of a hired gun that had done too many things to be surprised anymore. The third one seemed to be the strongest of the three as he stood in front of them smiling. His eyes said everything that needed to be said, the green eyes showed his sanity had long disappeared in exchange for strength. His messy brown hair was short and seemed to have only been cut never styled. He had a lean figure with only a white shirt on, his black pants and black shoes seemed to be more modern then the other two. He had a sword strapped on his back with the handle facing his left side. Majority of them were left handed so Kanji had to strike there to stop them from drawing their blade. The three of them boarded the ship with such speed Kanji had no time to react; three blades pointed at his neck kept him from doing so. Mikami stood up to shout only to have Risei pop him in the throat. Falling on his butt Mikami cried out in pain trying force himself back up. By the time he did Risei had already boarded the other ship with the fish in hand. The three shortly followed after with Risei waving goodbye. "Thank you very much Mikami. As for you Senju. Prepare to be killed once Kirei is released." Kanji gritted his teeth as he watched them row off. "Kanji... Please... help me... Save my family..." Mikami looked at Kanji and pleaded with tears rolling down his cheeks. Gritting his teeth Kanji nodded as he crouched down low. "I'll get the fish back Mikami... Don't worry..." Kanji said as he jumped from their boat as it rocked back and forth from the force of his jump. Sailing in the sky Kanji landed on the back of their boat causing it to rock uncontrollably. He just made a ten meter jump standing still making the others stare in surprise giving Kanji his needed chance. Swinging his right fist into the bald one he punched him square in the jaw as he leaned left and hit the one with a pony tail. Knocking the one with a pony tail out into the water while the bald one laid in the ship unconscious.

Feeling his body screaming to stop Kanji charged forward and ducked lowed as a blade went for his neck. Kicking upwards in the stomach the one with brown hair hunched over in pain before suffering a fatal case of knee to the face. Falling backwards he laid there with a bloody nose refusing to move, Risei looked at Kanji angrily as he reached for his black jacket's buttons. Just like with Kirei they both wore all black, however Risei seemed to be muscular with a sleeveless shirt on underneath. Before Risei could finish getting the sleeves off his arms Kanji ran forward and proceeded to punch him in the face. Letting all his anger out Kanji punched as hard as he could with Risei barely stepping back. After Kanji's flurry of blows he started to laugh as he had gained only a bloody nose through the ordeal. Jumping back Risei swung downwards with his left leg creating a hole in the boat. Grabbing the fish bucket Kanji looked behind him to see Mikami just close enough with the boat to toss the fish. As soon as they left his hand Kanji was grabbed from behind and smashed into the floor. Crying in pain he felt his body give out on him while the brown haired one and the one with a pony tail stood up on the boat. "Not like this!" Kanji yelled out as he pushed his hands against the now sinking boats floor pushing himself up. Jumping upwards with his legs close to his chest he kicked the brown haired one in the face with his right leg and pulled it back immediately. Pulling back his right hand in the process he opened his body up for a shot as he punched Pony tail in the face. Sending him to the ground with the brown one they floated in the now water filled boat. Landing the boat sunk more with Risei standing behind him laughing. "Now I see why Kirei lost. You actually beat him at full strength. Good... Good... This will be fun." Kanji gritted his teeth as the water was up to his knees now and the boat was officially submerged. Kanji prepared to be charged until Risei fell over onto his face with Mikami behind him holding the paddle. "Come on! Hurry!" Kanji grabbed the three men and tossed them onto the boat. He grabbed Risei as well and jumped over with the boat barely able to handle all of this weight.

"Why did you bring them?!" Mikami yelled out as he started to row back to the docks with the time limit coming close to conclusion. "We have to protect everyone present and future wise. If I arrest them now we can keep them from attacking you in the future. That and I wasn't going to leave them to die. I am a shinobi." Kanji said glaring at Mikami as he tied the four up using the rope they had at the dock. Sighing at the job finally being done he looked at Mikami as they neared the docks. "How did you knock him how from behind using that paddle? I punched him as hard as I could in the face and he barely moved an inch." Kanji asked as Mikami started to laugh. "He was one of the people I fought and saved, the back of his head has a scar that his hidden by his hair. His head never fully healed from the wound. I saved him from some shinobi from another village when he got the wound. I worsened it years later during our actual fight. He had tried to kill me to protect his criminal career. I remembered the wound and made it to this point. Even the strongest people in the world have one weak spot that they can't defend." Mikami said laughing as they arrived back at the docks. Unloading the now captured criminals Kanji had alerted the Kumogakure shinobi to come claim them. "Also bring a reward for our civilian that helped us stop them. He took them all down by himself; I believe that deserves a reward." Kanji finished before walking back to Mikami. Waiting for their names to be called he practically had his jaw drop at seeing Kirima walk on stage as the winner. "Damn it!" Kanji cried out as he finally looked back at Mikami. The rest of the world was gone as the two met eyes, "Thank you Kanji. You tried your best, at least second place gives me enough money to last till next year... Also... I'd be proud if I were your father. You weren't too bad at fishing for your first time." Mikami said with a small smile. "Thanks... Wait... How did you know it was my first time?!' Kanji cried out as Mikami laughed at his shock.

"I've done this for years Kanji. I know when someone is green behind the ears." He said as the kumogakure shinboi arrived carrying a pouch with them. They located Kanji and he glanced back at Mikami. "He is right there with the prisoners beside him. Give that man the reward." Kanji watched as Mikami's eyes widened upon being handed the bag. Kanji walked towards him with a smile on his face as tears streamed down his cheeks once more. "Thank you so much Kanji... You've saved me and my family... Thank you.... So much..." The man hugged Kanji tightly as Kanji patted his back trying to sooth him. "That should last you till next year. I made sure that you can go a few months eating plenty before having to have some sort of budget. Take care of yourself Mikami. I have to go but next year I'm your man." Mikami nodded and let go of Kanji smiling. "You're always welcomed in my house Kanji! Next year you better not be genin either! Remember what I said as well!" He called out waving good bye. Walked back home Kanji rubbed his forearms remembering what Mikami taught him. "Don't destroy your body..." Clenching his fist tightly Kanji felt a new flame lit within him. "I won't."

[Exit/Close]
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-