Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
D
D

Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry Vide
PostSubject: Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry EmptyMon 08 Oct 2012, 8:41 am

A Daemon appears out of the shadows, and as he regards his surroundings he notices he has entered a forum. A role playing forum. A smile touches his lips as he effortlessly navigates the pages; he already gathers information to create a character. He is decidedly confused, though, by absolutely everything, so, flipping to the introduction forum he creates a topic, and begins typing.

Hello, I am D. Though I am not new to role-play I am new to the medium of a forum, and therefore have no idea how to go about creating a character, or actually role-playing or...anything, for that matter. I am pleased to be here and I apologize in advanced for my horrible spelling, grammar, and everything that has to do with the English Language.
Back to top Go down
TwinnyKitty
Kumo Nin
TwinnyKitty

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry EmptyMon 08 Oct 2012, 9:13 am

B'aw! Lookit you being all narrative in your intro! I love you already <3

Heya D! I'm Alex c: Welcome to US cheers Just out of curiosity; what mediums have you previously used for role play? :3 As far as making a character is concerned, there's a template and a guide to help you out with the basics~ As well as a forum full of staff and non-staff alike more than willing to help out with any specific questions you have :3 If you have something to ask and there's nobody in the chatbox who can help, or if you don't feel comfortable asking it there, post a topic in the Forum Assistance board. No question is too big, small or silly~ This forum is populated by great people (if I do say so myself Aww yeah) and I'm sure you'll love it here! n0n I'm looking forward to seeing you around both out of character in the chatbox, and in character in the future! :3 <3
Back to top Go down
Adam
The Boss
Adam

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry EmptyMon 08 Oct 2012, 9:34 am

JellyBeanBeam wrote:
B'aw! Lookit you being all narrative in your intro! I love you already <3

Heya D! I'm Alex c: Welcome to US cheers Just out of curiosity; what mediums have you previously used for role play? :3 As far as making a character is concerned, there's a template and a guide to help you out with the basics~ As well as a forum full of staff and non-staff alike more than willing to help out with any specific questions you have :3 If you have something to ask and there's nobody in the chatbox who can help, or if you don't feel comfortable asking it there, post a topic in the Forum Assistance board. No question is too big, small or silly~ This forum is populated by great people (if I do say so myself Aww yeah) and I'm sure you'll love it here! n0n I'm looking forward to seeing you around both out of character in the chatbox, and in character in the future! :3 <3

Yep, this covered it. TEEHEE
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.org
D
D

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry EmptyMon 08 Oct 2012, 9:41 am

Thank you for the warm welcome. As for previous mediums, I have done tabletop, some random IM role playing, and RP Unlimited on the BYOND client(which retains a sketchy player-base). Sometimes, if I am bored or waiting for something, I will start up a random GM based role-play with my buddies. As for character creation I spent the last 40 minutes looking over things. Not only has this served to confuse me more, it also made my browser lag due to an overload of tabs. I am REALLY new to the forum role-playing thing, and the system currently in place here is a bit complicated compared to what I am used to.
Back to top Go down
TwinnyKitty
Kumo Nin
TwinnyKitty

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry EmptyMon 08 Oct 2012, 9:52 am

Oh okay, I'm not sure what BYOND is, but does that mean you're reasonably new to text based RP in general? o3o I can understand your confusion, this particular site is much more organised and moderated than a lot of others and even some players that have been forum RPing for a while get a little overwhelmed at first. If you like, reading over some of the already accepted character applications might help you understand the way that works, but in general it's simpler than it seems c: Do you already have a character idea in mind? I'm happy to help out as much as you need~ I'll even walk you through it if you like :3
Back to top Go down
D
D

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry EmptyMon 08 Oct 2012, 9:56 am

RP Unlimited on BYOND was definitely text based, though it's so disorganized it that it looks like a pair of headphones after you looked the other way compared to this site. IF you could walk me through it that would be amazing. AS for character ideas, I KINDA have something in mind, but normally I wait to see my limits before I flesh out a character.
Back to top Go down
TwinnyKitty
Kumo Nin
TwinnyKitty

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry EmptyMon 08 Oct 2012, 10:01 am

xD I love the comparison. I can certainly walk you through it c: I foresee this involving a lot of back and forth though; would you like to do that here in your intro, or in the chatbox to save spam?
Back to top Go down
D
D

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry EmptyMon 08 Oct 2012, 10:11 am

I would suggest chatbox. On another note how would I get to said chatbox?

Last edited by zapy987 on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TwinnyKitty
Kumo Nin
TwinnyKitty

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry EmptyMon 08 Oct 2012, 10:11 am

Hup, I've just been informed we need to go grocery shopping, so I'm about to go offline for anywhere from half an hour to an hour. If you're still online when I get back (which I hope is the case) I can walk you through things then c: If you have to be off before I return, then I'll still be more than happy to help when I see you next D:

EDIT: I can chatbox from my phone, I'll just be slower :3 So if we're moving to there then all is well xD
Back to top Go down
Kantamaru Nara
Kantamaru Nara

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry EmptyMon 08 Oct 2012, 5:06 pm

Welcome to US!
Back to top Go down
Søren
Nukenin

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry EmptyMon 08 Oct 2012, 8:09 pm

Hello and welcome
Back to top Go down
Ashin
Kumo Nin
Ashin

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry EmptyMon 08 Oct 2012, 8:51 pm

I'm not well versed in the art of introductions, however I would like to extend my warmest greeting to you. Hopefully we can RP together, future Kumo shinobi. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.darkbb.com/forum
Flare
Kumo Nin
Flare

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry EmptyMon 08 Oct 2012, 8:54 pm

Hello hello hello <3 Oh Alex you star, looking after our new members like that :3 Feel free to approach anybody with questions, or myself or other staffers, D~
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.darkbb.com/forum
D
D

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry EmptyMon 08 Oct 2012, 9:44 pm

Thank you all for the warm welcomes. Its actually getting kinda toasty in here now...
Back to top Go down
John

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry EmptyMon 08 Oct 2012, 11:35 pm

Welcome to Ultimate Shinobi ^_^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry EmptyMon 08 Oct 2012, 11:38 pm

Oh my god, HAAAAAAI! :3
Back to top Go down
D
D

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry EmptyMon 08 Oct 2012, 11:59 pm

Hai.
Back to top Go down
Dari's Angel
Dari's Angel

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry EmptyTue 09 Oct 2012, 12:17 am

Hi. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.com
Lysander
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry EmptyTue 09 Oct 2012, 2:22 am

This guy i my favorite newbie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.com
John

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry EmptyTue 09 Oct 2012, 2:23 am

One small request for you zapy, could you please resize your avatar so that it's no higher 150 pixels in width and 200 in height, or pick a different one that doesn't exceed those limits? Because as you can see it's stretching the forum a bit. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Heart
Phantom Heart

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry EmptyTue 09 Oct 2012, 2:29 am

Ohai durr. You seem like quite the interesting character! Welcome to US! I hope to see you around. :3
Back to top Go down
D
D

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry EmptyTue 09 Oct 2012, 3:48 am

All right, next time I get on I will have a resized Avatar. And I hope to see u around aswell.
Back to top Go down
~Fox~
Nukenin
~Fox~

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry EmptyTue 09 Oct 2012, 11:56 am

Heylo there, Zapy & welcome to forum. Hopefully see you around!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.org/forum
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry EmptyTue 09 Oct 2012, 1:02 pm

Note: You do not want to actually see Fox around IC. If you do, then it's already too late.
Back to top Go down
~Fox~
Nukenin
~Fox~

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry EmptyTue 09 Oct 2012, 11:25 pm

TLV1991 wrote:
Note: You do not want to actually see Fox around IC. If you do, then it's already too late.

TEEHEE
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.org/forum
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry Act 1: Scene 1: The Entry Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-