Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anime Series you wish for

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Shiro
Shiro

Anime Series you wish for Vide
PostSubject: Anime Series you wish for Anime Series you wish for EmptySun 28 Oct 2012, 11:52 pm

There's always a series or two that you find yourself falling in love with, cherishing the characters, the story, and wanting to see it come to fruition. It either comes to a quick, unsatisfying end, or is resolved with poor fillers. Or, they just do a horrible production of it, failing to capture the spirit of the manga. Or perhaps worst of all, the series gained immense popularity and notable...

And never. Gets. A series.

I ask you to list your wishes, your what-ifs that you'd want to be made into anime, or to be continued.

A few of my personal wishes

Soul Eater. I want a restart of the series Brotherhood style, going from the beginning and following true to the manga, and skipping over some of the more filler elements. The second season was never satisfying me, and didn't quite do it right for me. Given how different the manga went with things, it delved into a deeper storyline rather than sticking to traditional.

1/2 Prince. Its a Manhwa, but its sooooo goooood. If things like Sword Art Online can get an anime, something as ludicrous and popular as 1/2 prince deserves a shot. While its not nearly as technogeeky, its characters are soooo out there, and I'd love to see it an anime done right.

Noblesse. Also a manhwa. If you've read this online webcomic, you know just how addicting and stylish it is. It sets itself apart from most series with colored pages, a weird combination of humor and mystery, and to me Rai stands in equal awesomeness as Alucard. And he doesn't stain himself with the title of vampire.

Witch Hunter. Some Korean mangas are just amazing. Witch Hunter has a very unique world and I think takes things to a full metal level of awesomeness. I'll try not to repeat myself, but cool characters, cool abilities, cool concepts. I've always felt it was a combination of Bleach and Soul Eater.

The World God Only Knows. This series is ridiculously entertaining, especially if you're the sort who can get all the nerd and pop culture references. Right now they've got an occasional ova coming out after its first two series, but I'd really like it if it could get a third season. Its one of the stories that deserves, managing to maintain both comedy and story and doesn't need to resort to traditional shounen archetypes.

Fate/Stay Night - Heaven's Feel. Be it a series of its own, another movie, or a series of ovas, the story needs to be told. I know its dark, twisted, and soul draining, but the Fate Universe has developed all but this realm of canon storyline. As much I prefer Unlimited Blade Work's Shirou, I feel they all deserve a realization.

Psyren. This is a manga that when I first read I thought it would be one of the animes that would get a manga right at the bat. After its less than 200 chapter finished storyline, it never did. I feel like its one of those mangas that had a cult of followers and never got enough attention for what it gave.

Bambino. This is an interesting manga, and while it puts an emphasis on Italian cooking, it was one of those stories that was really addicting despite its very real world basis. They haven't gotten around to translating the second part of the series for manga, but the first half alone was pretty drawing, and manages to arouse interest even if you don't give too much a damn about pasta.

Gin no Saji. I think that with time it'll get an anime, so its less of a wish and more of a probability. With the author of Full Metal Alchemist at the helm, you know the story is good, and the art style is familiar, loaded with references and cameos of characters. I like the agricultural background because I don't feel the world gets quite enough of a look, and the main protagonist is an individual I sympathize heavily with concerning his indecision in what to do with his future. As said, I imagine it'll get an anime with time.

Fruits Basket. It was soooo adorable, and soo gooooood. It was even on of those animes that felt fantastic dubbed to listen to. Its one of those tear jerkers that doesn't fall into too much melodrama and feels very sincere. The characters are appreciatively human, and I wish it didn't end.

Liar Game - It got some live actions attention, but I don't feel that live actions necessarily capture the spirit and design of manga. It would be a fun psychological anime.

Skip Beat - Another one that got lots of live action application. Honestly though, Skip Beat was a fantastic anime to me and the anime personas were so lively, particularly Kyoko who's cursing vengeful personality was refreshing. Worst of all, they suggested that they would go on and make another season, but never did. BASTARDS! I want this back on the rails and continued damn it.

Dogs, Bullets and Carnage - Another intriguing series, it got a short introductory ova series, but never a full anime. The character designs really drew me to it, and the unusual connections made me want more.

Keep in mind, that while you can certainly disagree with others wants, this is more about letting each other know what animes we wish were still on track, or which we'd love to see made. So? What series do you feel never got a good run, or needed a longer one?
Back to top Go down
Kiseki
Konoha Nin
Kiseki

PostSubject: Re: Anime Series you wish for Anime Series you wish for EmptyMon 29 Oct 2012, 12:17 am

Shiro wrote:
Soul Eater. I want a restart of the series Brotherhood style, going from the beginning and following true to the manga, and skipping over some of the more filler elements. The second season was never satisfying me, and didn't quite do it right for me. Given how different the manga went with things, it delved into a deeper storyline rather than sticking to traditional.

1/2 Prince. Its a Manhwa, but its sooooo goooood. If things like Sword Art Online can get an anime, something as ludicrous and popular as 1/2 prince deserves a shot. While its not nearly as technogeeky, its characters are soooo out there, and I'd love to see it an anime done right.

Witch Hunter. Some Korean mangas are just amazing. Witch Hunter has a very unique world and I think takes things to a full metal level of awesomeness. I'll try not to repeat myself, but cool characters, cool abilities, cool concepts. I've always felt it was a combination of Bleach and Soul Eater.

Fate/Stay Night - Heaven's Feel. Be it a series of its own, another movie, or a series of ovas, the story needs to be told. I know its dark, twisted, and soul draining, but the Fate Universe has developed all but this realm of canon storyline. As much I prefer Unlimited Blade Work's Shirou, I feel they all deserve a realization.

Liar Game - It got some live actions attention, but I don't feel that live actions necessarily capture the spirit and design of manga. It would be a fun psychological anime.

All my yes. Fate series all needs an anime. Fate/Zero was so successful that he is practically rolling in money. He should do Heaven's feel as an OVA and Prototype as a series or even just a series of OVAs.
Back to top Go down
Iruel
Iruel

PostSubject: Re: Anime Series you wish for Anime Series you wish for EmptyMon 29 Oct 2012, 12:43 am

Tower of God and God of Highschool.

Back to top Go down
Emperor of Rock
Konoha Nin
Emperor of Rock

PostSubject: Re: Anime Series you wish for Anime Series you wish for EmptyMon 29 Oct 2012, 1:45 am

To be honest, none actually. A couple of years ago I was watching a lot of anime but I didn't read manga at all. Now it's reversed, only manga, no anime. I prefer mangas because I can go through few chapter faster than if I watched only one episode of an anime. And I doubt it I would like the "voice" of my favourite characters in anime while I "created" their voice in mangas, a voice that fits them in my head, that's the main issue.
Back to top Go down
~Fox~
Nukenin
~Fox~

PostSubject: Re: Anime Series you wish for Anime Series you wish for EmptyMon 29 Oct 2012, 3:20 am

Ivan wrote:
To be honest, none actually. A couple of years ago I was watching a lot of anime but I didn't read manga at all. Now it's reversed, only manga, no anime. I prefer mangas because I can go through few chapter faster than if I watched only one episode of an anime. And I doubt it I would like the "voice" of my favourite characters in anime while I "created" their voice in mangas, a voice that fits them in my head, that's the main issue.
Mostly, I agree. Especially about the characters not fitting one's own idea of them. Although I find this can change if I saw the anime first before discovering the manga. I make exceptions, however, for fast-paced, intricate and explosive fighting. It tends to be captured better in colour and motion.

EDIT: I suppose I should answer the actual question this thread is posing. Manga that I'd love to see as anime? Bartender. I don't read tons of manga, but I've always liked this because it deals with a hobby of mine. And all drinks look better in colour.

EXTRA EDIT: I've just discovered that it has been made into an anime and I completely missed it! A mere 11 episodes though. Sad

Last edited by ~Fox~ on Fri 02 Nov 2012, 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.org/forum
Shiro
Shiro

PostSubject: Re: Anime Series you wish for Anime Series you wish for EmptyMon 29 Oct 2012, 3:45 am

Read a few chapters of bartenders, interesting piece. And yes, the point is what you'd want to be made as anime or what you wish would continue with an anime. I don't disagree at the availability of manga, or how its less time consuming in terms of story. But some of us (Me!) appreciate moving pictures, and seeing the manga realized. Sound matters alot to me, in the sense of music, voice, sound effects, as well as how it might sound dubbed. If you don't like anime as opposed to manga, great, but then this thread probably ain't for you xD
Back to top Go down
Phantom Heart
Phantom Heart

PostSubject: Re: Anime Series you wish for Anime Series you wish for EmptyMon 29 Oct 2012, 4:27 am

I agree so much with most of what you've already posted. I would also love to see a full series for Pandora Hearts, and another less-known manga by the name of Reimei no Arcana. Though the latter still has a ways to go manga-wise, it's already so amazing, in my opinion. .x.
Back to top Go down
kiraskiller
kiraskiller

PostSubject: Re: Anime Series you wish for Anime Series you wish for EmptyMon 05 Aug 2013, 8:39 pm

I want to see nora in show about the demon dog it was only 7 books but it was awsome

Edit 1: I want to see nora in show about the demon dog it was only 7 books but it was awsome and I'm sure pandora is and aniame already that's with oz and brabbit right

Edit 2: But a all time must that I'm pissed about even tho it's not manga but the bb murder case that l dose befor death note should be a movie at least
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anime Series you wish for Anime Series you wish for Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-