Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sleeping With The Enemy [P - Strange Ace]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
~Fox~
Nukenin
~Fox~

Sleeping With The Enemy [P - Strange Ace] Vide
PostSubject: Sleeping With The Enemy [P - Strange Ace] Sleeping With The Enemy [P - Strange Ace] EmptyFri 18 Jan 2013, 3:44 am

OOC: This is a continuation of the Sleeping With The Fishes topic. It is Strange Ace's turn to post.

Oh and Ace? I've already had to explain that this topic title is merely for continuity. So don't get any ideas. Not that Uriko is much of a 'catch'. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.org/forum
Ace
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping With The Enemy [P - Strange Ace] Sleeping With The Enemy [P - Strange Ace] EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013, 7:18 pm

A long string of thoughts passed the young man as he sat calmedly staring at the river before him. The mist easily picking up thicker as time passed on causing the young man to loose every sense of thought until his eyes began to slowly drift away. His head began to fall forward and a small snap back when he would notice he was falling asleep. The Inuzuka was always alert though; even when falling asleep he would rely on his senses of smell occasionally. The boy knew best to not fall asleep here in the village borders as it was home of many criminal ninja that relied on the supplies that enter and exit the village. And lately things have not been good in that side note. Aside from the dangers that lurked around this area of the border the place was rather isolated and lonely only to be populated by the fishermen of the nearby housing. Today was different, no one was around, the place was quiet, and even a mysterious place to be at with the mist lurking heavy around the area. This place was just a place where danger was bound to arrive.

The Inuzuka pressed tightly his wrist as he watched the old scars he had on them. Slowly pushing his back against the cold timber that was behind him. The tree towering tall above him and blossoming with vivid colors. "I wish I could of known what caused this. If only I knew who did this to me I would make them pay." The Inuzuka said as he wrapped his hand around his wrist tightly once more. Then with the other hand he stroked his neck slowly searching for a feel of his major scar on his neck. "Because of this one I can barely speak clearly without having some struggles." He whispered to himself as a stream of silence remained in the area. The wind somehow began to pick up for a moment howling in a eerie manner followed by the barks of a dog. And now; whether the barks were coming from the dog that followed him or not the animal seemed concerned.

The boy's nose slowly began to pick something and whether it was an ally or an intruder he couldn't afford to keep himself in the open where he could be seen. His nose was something that could be easily deceived but this time the stank of dangers slowly creeped inside his nostrils and he knew it. But before he knew it the dog's bark faded as a shadow emerging from the mist made its presence.

The canine boy's back pushed against the tree behind him hoping to jump standing on his feet in a quick motion as his left hand still hidden slowly against his back pouch as he remained seated seeing as he failed to get up from the sudden scare. A sudden rush quickly rushed through the young man's veins as he saw the individual lurk from the thick mist in which slowly began to fade and the person became visible. Noticing only a woman dressed in a long brown skirt with a grey and black bodice to go along with it. Though scare out of his mind he turned to face the other way as if he had not noticed her. Nothing too fancy though yet unique for someone from around these parts. Seeing as it was a women the boy somewhat took a small step back and lowered his guard as his hand came to a halt next to his tigh leveling with his other hand.

"Young man - sir?" The woman said..her tone of voice slightly kind and gentle but for some reason had an eerie tone to herself. Though he did not want to turn he felt a small tap that caused him to jump on his feet instantly. Grasping a kunai from when he had his hand on his pouch he prepared for anything. "Was that your dog I just met? He's quite energetic!" Her personality somewhat brought Okashi's guard to a standstill. She seemed friendly enough he thought as his hand let loose some of the grip from the kunai and retrieved his hand to his side. "Only, I'm afraid he went bounding off into the mist - on the other side of the river, too." Okashi then gave a half hearted smile as he was still slightly on the alert note. "That's fine. It is not my dog by the way. The darn creature just keep following me around like if I was his owner." Okashi said with a smirk on his face. "Thought you ought to know." The girl then spoke again. "You probably managed to scare him away for some reason. Something I have not been able to do myself for awhile now. " Okashi said as he walked towards the woman. "My name is Okashi. Don't know if we have met before. I had a little incident so I can't really remember anything aside from me coming here half-dead..Haha."Okashi said with a smile on how face as he rubbed on the scars on his neck.

Ooc: Sorry for the delay. I tend to post from a phone and well I lost it for like two days. X.x I am really sorry if the post seems kind of rushed swell. I tried to post as fast as possible as soon as I found my phone. Again! Really sorry.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.com
~Fox~
Nukenin
~Fox~

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping With The Enemy [P - Strange Ace] Sleeping With The Enemy [P - Strange Ace] EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013, 1:48 am

Even without the keen eyes of a medic, Uriko wagered she would have noticed the tense demeanour. Does he think he hides it well? A soft voice intoned inside the woman's mind. Her jaw tightened and she ignored the intrusion. It was right, though; the young man had been bristling with anxiety since the kunoichi's arrival. It came to a head a few moments later, when the female nukenin reached out to tap his shoulder. The boy leapt to his feet, reflexively drawing a blade in case of danger. The woman's gentle, smiling face appeared to placate him and the kunai was holstered once more. It wasn't until the two had exchanged a few more words that Uriko sensed his uncertainty beginning to wane. The dog had been a blessing in diguise in this respect, as it transpired that the young lad had been trying to rid himself of it for some time. Damned noisy thing. Can't blame the boy. The voice murmured, once again breaking into the woman's consciousness. She winced slightly at the sound and thinking quickly, raised her hand as if shielding her face from the sun. The expression would go unattended.

It was getting worse. The disembodied voice was encroaching on her own mindset now, coaxing her to respond to it and acknowledge it's existence. Uriko knew that the more attention she paid to it, the stronger its hold on her would become. Perhaps even worse still was the tone it had taken. Born of a truly nefarious chakra that had been passed on to the kunoichi from her former lover and bitter enemy, Hajiro, the voice inside her head was undoubtedly his. It was distorted, ethereal, but his. The female nukenin had first sought to offload this burden, then to reduce its impact, then finally to control it. It had been a fruitless endeavour. Uriko had simply learned that she must not meddle with the affliction. Quite what constituted 'meddling' had not been made clear, so the female nukenin had resolved to ignore the voice and carefully monitor her chakra. If it ever took hold of her body, she knew to expect the worst. For now, the woman had to hope its presence would diminish while she conversed.

The young man introduced himself as Okashi, smiling now that he felt a little more relaxed around the newcomer. His hand reached for his neck, massaging it as though sore. As the white scarf was ruffled, Uriko glimpsed a little scar tissue through the gaps. There was no way to tell how extensive the damage was, but clearly the boy had been exposed to a more unpleasant side of life. The kunoichi made no remark and kept her expression passive. Armed, sharp reflexes, scarring. No forehead protector? The woman mused quietly to herself. Without the metal mark of loyalty strapped to his body, there was no easy way to tell if the young man owed allegiance to Kumogakure or not. His age suggested he might hold down a Genin or Chuunin position in the great village's military; and there were few truly youthful mercenaries in the shinobi world. It mattered a good deal to the female nukenin whether Okashi belonged to the nearby village or not. And had he known the woman's true intent, it would have mattered as much to him as well. After all, without ties to Kumogakure, he was of no use to the kunoichi and very disposable.

Fortunately for the both of them, the young man continued to speak. "Don't know if we have met before. I had a little incident, so I can't really remember anything aside from me coming here half-dead..." He explained, laughing weakly at the strange situation. He came here, then. Uriko thought silently. His words indicated that he was indeed a resident of the great village and therefore, useful. The woman had also been struck by how unusual it was to say such a thing to a relative stranger. Perhaps the boy had experienced troubles in the past, because of his missing memory. If so, the kunoichi conceded that informing people early on would likely avoid repeat scenarios. Unbeknownst to Okashi however, he was practically handing his fealty to Uriko on a silver platter. "I don't..." She began, pausing and wrinkling her brow as she pretended to survey the young man's features. "I-" She tried again, halting to feign deep concentration. After a good thirty seconds of silence, she spoke once more. "You do look familiar." She concluded, bringing her hand across her face to rest on her chin. "I'm sorry. Maybe if you told me a little about yourself? I don't want to give you false hope, that's all." The woman asked, her words gentle but her scheme insidious.

Though it had never been a personal experience, Uriko knew of some who'd lost their memories. Indeed, much earlier in her criminal career, she'd been called to attend to an similarly afflicted individual. Word had spread of her medical prowess and this particular nukenin had been subjected to an extremely invasive Genjutsu technique. How he'd managed to escape from such skilled captors, the kunoichi had never uncovered. When the woman's healing powers proved incapable of restoring his mind, the man had asked her to euthanize him. After seeing the mental turmoil he had suffered, she complied without question. Drawing on these recollections, Uriko's words were carefully chosen. She deliberately led Okashi to believe that he might have finally found a connection to his past. Knowing reason would overpower elation if she was too certain in her recognition, the female nukenin had been careful to appear unsure. Not only did it seem more convincing, but she would actually get the boy to divulge personal information before she confirmed his 'identity'. Uriko would listen to his story and build her own to fit. Resisting the urge to smile, she waited patiently for Okashi to begin.

OOC: Not a problem, Ace. Posting from your phone is committment to the cause, for sure.

Last edited by ~Fox~ on Sat 02 Feb 2013, 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ace
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping With The Enemy [P - Strange Ace] Sleeping With The Enemy [P - Strange Ace] EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013, 10:48 pm

Okashi's smile after his own statement slowly faded as he watched the woman try to speak. Her tone slowed down for a second and got him a little confused as to what she was trying to say. Okashi slowly got closer to listen to the woman speak after taking a quick glance over her entirely, analyzing and picture her in his mind she only seemed to have one hand off in the open while the left hand hid beneath her own clothing. Reason to this? Okashi was not really sure. He continued to listen his ears slowly layind back as he managed to listen a little more of what she had to say. "You do look familiar." Her words slowly embraced the young Inuzuka's heart like the warmth of a mother's hugs. But was she toying with his mind. Even still this was something unusual, and this woman could possibly be trying to gather information on Kumo. For that the boy remained alerted but still willing to listen to what she had to say.

Hmm..this might be my only chance to actually know of my past. The boy questioned whether he should trust this woman or not. Her personality went completely against what a criminal would seem to have. And she of course seemed to be kind enough to even hold a conversation with a young genin of.Kumogakure.

The young man's hand slowly reached his head as in confusement. He [i]really
did not know what to do in this situation. It was his past and possibly the life to come versus a place he barely recognized and pretty much had no connection with up to these last few years as a ninja. His eyes somewhat crystalized at the sight of this woman's face. She actually seemed to look like she knew something. And this somewhat pulled Okashi to believe she did know something. "I'm sorry. Maybe if you told me a little about yourself? I don't want to give you false hope, that's all." Her words brought his attention back on her face. The boy nodded but remained serious about the subject. As much as he would keep his word to protect the village, this could be his only way to know about his past. And, besides the woman held no weapons that he might be able to see, and of course she was seen now as the woman to tell him about his past so collaborating just a little bit of information would not hurt.

"I'm sorry. I don't know much myself..but if you are from around these parts you should know about a boy carried by an unkno..…" The boy paused and remembered the dog that followed him all this time. Never to leave his side. Dog.. The boy thought to himself as he looked around desperately for the canine dog that followed. Sadly the woman said he ran to the other side of the river. Then he got back into subject except this time a little more enthusiastic because he somewhat realized something.

"Like I was saying. I was carried to the land of Kumogakure half dead. And now that I speak of this..I just realized why this dog has been following me around....I am his owner after all. The boy paused for a moment trying to process everything he had just realized. And the way he treated this dog, even though his life would of been gone if it wasn't for this dog. "My throat as you probably have noticed was sliced with a kunai. I would say the samething about my wrist veins. I really have no clue as to where I am from.It is really a miracle I am alive...and I owe it to that damn dog that has been following me around for so long. His voice slowly collapsed as his eyes began to close. He was clearly loosing his mind with all of this hitting him at once. His eyes slowly opened once more and stared at the woman before him. [B]"So? Any ideas or at least something that you can tell me about myself.'

Back to top Go down
~Fox~
Nukenin
~Fox~

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping With The Enemy [P - Strange Ace] Sleeping With The Enemy [P - Strange Ace] EmptyMon 28 Jan 2013, 5:11 am

What doubt remained in Okashi's mind soon dissolved as he heard the woman's reply. Uriko even saw his eyes glisten with hopeful anticipation. Of course, he would not be entirely rid of his misgivings so soon after meeting the newcomer; and the kunoichi was not fool enough to believe so. But what she represented, that was far more important to the young man. When asked to recall what he could of his past, the boy nodded enthusiastically. Brushing aside the wisps of ivory hair that had fallen across his features, Okashi tentatively began. "I'm sorry. I don't know much myself. But if you are from around these parts you should know about a boy carried by an unkno..." He trailed off, as if struck by a sudden realisation. Thus far, he had given Uriko nothing to work with, so she waited patiently for the young man to return to his story. He soon did, although the woman noted a faint smile playing about the boy's features that had not been there before. "Like I was saying." He began again. "I was carried to the land of Kumogakure half dead. And now that I speak of this... I just realized why this dog has been following me around. I am his owner after all." And like that, a good number of mysteries were revealed.

Mere moments earlier, it had dawned on Okashi that the large, black dog belonged to him. This had been the cause of his stumbling start in recounting the tale. It explained why the beast had confronted Uriko as she approached - protecting its master was hardwired into almost all canine companions. Though he did not know it, the boy had already revealed enough for the sharp-minded kunoichi to spin a convincing lie about his background. Safe to assume he's not of Kaminari no Kuni, then. She mused, silently. That damned mutt is key. For all I know, he's an Inuzuka. It was a logical conclusion and it didn't take long for the female nukenin to realise. As a matter of fact, for all he knows, he's an Inuzuka. The woman hid a satisfied grin behind pallid lips. There was every chance her fabrication could indeed be the truth, especially given the physical trauma the boy's body had been subjected to. Few non-combatants received such treatment and the Inuzuka were so often found on the front line. Though it hardly mattered. All Uriko cared about was that she could convince this young man of her version of events.

Turning her attention back to Okashi, the female nukenin was relieved to see he too, had paused for thought. The woman nodded gently, encouraging the boy to continue. "My throat as you probably have noticed was sliced with a kunai. I would say the same thing about my wrist veins." He was quite right. These were of particular interest to to kunoichi. Such strange markings. Uncommonly vicious. She thought quietly. They didn't finish the job, though. Amateurs. Uriko observed, smugly acknowledging that she would not have encountered the same problem. The boy seemed willing to divulge a little more and the kunoichi focused her wandering thoughts in order to listen. "I really have no clue as to where I am from. It is really a miracle I am alive... and I owe it to that damn dog that has been following me around for so long." He concluded, appearing quite fatigued by this recent revelation. "Are you okay?" Uriko murmured, feigning concern as the boy's eyes slowly closed. A few seconds of silence followed, before Okashi looked up once more and met the woman's gaze. "So? Any ideas or at least something that you can tell me about myself?" He asked, trying not to sound too keen.

Plenty. The kunoichi thought to herself, knowing better than to speak her mind. Instead, she took the opportunity to begin easing her way in Kumogakure. "I... do." She spoke, hesitating slightly as though holding back a little. It was all a performance. "I'll tell you what I know along the way. Come on. She smiled kindly, gesturing for Okashi to follow as she turned to head in the direction of the village. Uriko could feel the warmth of the burnished sun on the back of her neck now. A dull orange glow had settled across the landscape as the evening drew in. The female nukenin was eager to reach her destination while the light was still with them; not least because gatekeepers often conducted more thorough checks after nightfall. As the pair walked, the woman began to speak. "I haven't even given you my name, have I?" She laughed. "My name is Togame. I'm originally from Konohagakure no Sato." The kunoichi paused, looking apprehensive. Eventually, she continued. "As, I think, are you." She murmured quietly, her voice almost a whisper. The young man stopped dead in his tracks.

Uriko did not know whether it was better to allow the boy time to absorb this information or to continue and prevent interruptions. Putting a slender hand on his shoulder, she pushed him gently to keep walking. It soon became apparent that the woman would have to continue, as Okashi seemed at a loss. "I remember growing up with shinobi for neighbours. Most of them belonged to the Inuzuka clan. Do you know them? The kunoichi asked abruptly. Instead of waiting for a reply however, she plowed on with the story. "Quite a few clans are known for having animal companions, who share in all parts of their lives. The Inuzuka have dogs." Uriko finished, glancing sideways at the young man. She did not have to finish that particular sentence - her meaning was clear. Okashi could not quite manage a reply, though his mouth kept opening and closing as though he wanted to. He remained quiet for a while and a silence fell over the pair. A good minute passed and the female nukenin was beginning to wonder whether the boy had reservations about the truth of her tale. Wanting to keep such thoughts from his mind, she broke the tension herself. "I also have a theory about your scars." She muttered, watching to see how the young man would react.

~
OOC: I wish I could offer something a little better than this. It's been a hectic end to the week. I'll hopefully return to form with the next post.

Last edited by ~Fox~ on Sat 02 Feb 2013, 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ace
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping With The Enemy [P - Strange Ace] Sleeping With The Enemy [P - Strange Ace] EmptyTue 29 Jan 2013, 6:53 am

The possibilities that this information could bring to the young man could of course lead to a new life. A new beginning without the need of Kumogakure. He always felt unsure of the place and was surely a gen in who really didn't prosper much while coming into play with others by his side. Like a lone wolf, he leads himself, he leads his own beliefs or at least for now. He had now given enough information about himself yet the woman had given nothing for him to know her as. It was all rather quick and weird to Okashi's eyes and own mind. As always he was careful not to spill anything uneccesary or something that would threaten the whole village. He did in fact could not see himself as a Kumo ninja, but that did not mean that he would become a traitor and give out any information on the village. If I can get this woman to remember something, anything...I can start a new life. A new beginning without the need of being here in Kumogakure. His mind was set. Whether this information aided on remembering something about his past or not he would leave this horrid place but everything at its own time. Ever since I became a shinobi for this place I had nothing but a life of work and sacrifices for people that I don't even know. I want my own goals, my own true life that I can feel comfortable with.

"Are you okay? Her words echoing through his head. Was it really a question that she wanted an answer to. If so then this woman was merely stupid but a rather big piece of life to the young man's own. If...only you knew that all of this is making me go insane. The boy thought to himself quietly as he focused back to the task in hand; the kunoichi before him. The woman slowly began to walk towards the boy. "I... do." The woman said with a hesitating tone, though as if trying to remember where could she had seen him from. "I'll tell you what I know along the way. Come on. She made a small gesture as if to keep following behind her. But Okashi being the man of the two couldn't help it and walk forward before her almost by her side. He then came to a stop , trying to absorb what would begin to unfold about his life. Though he clearly know that this can all be a lie. Just a another life created by another person. But he needed to know.

"I haven't even given you my name, have I?" The woman laughed. The laughter for some reason seemed to be fake, evil and something untrustworthy. And for some reason all the lies thst Okashi have encountered in his life has somewhat allowed him to catch these signs. Though not really posessing some ability to tell a lie from a fact, this woman was covered in the stench of danger since his animal companion barked at her earlier in the evening."My name is Togame. I'm originally from Konohagakure no Sato." The woman gave a slight pause as to let it all sink and revolve itself around all of Okashi's thoughts. Though the name of the village for some reason did not ring a bell nor sparked a flame of hope. "As, I think, are you." The woman continued on to tell him about his past. Though instead of speaking, the boy remained quiet as if hearing a new story.

The woman gently began placing her small hand against his shoulder and somewhat 'pushing' him forward to move. Something that somewhat made him feel uncomfortable and pressured to move forward for some reason. His thoughts weren't even gathered together before she would approach him. He still wasn't as cautious as before but he was indeed alerted of what this woman was doing. Every move she made, every gesture and every word she said. Her words seemed to be sincere for some reason, but Okashi couldn't help but notice a small smile across her face from time to time. That smile always kept him on guard. And as a stranger, the woman should not be allowed to get too close to the boy. With that said the young Inuzuka stepped to the side. Letting the woman's cold hand fall into thin air and grabbing his own space of comfort.

"I remember growing up with shinobi for neighbours. Most of them belonged to the Inuzuka clan. Do you know them? The name indeed sounded familiar but then again it could of been someone from the village. "Quite a few clans are known for having animal companions, who share in all parts of their lives. The Inuzuka have dogs." For once the woman was actually giving Okashi useful information that actually made sense for the young boy. The dog, as well as his sudden reactions to things, better hearing, better smell than a normal person ...this was all a trait of the Inuzuka. So I am part of the Inuzuka clan...and that black dog is my animal.companion?... His thoughts were then cut off with another line from the woman.
"I also have a theory about your scars." The woman said to the young Inuzuka as he tried to gather more information on his own. My scars you say? The boy asked but couldn't help but keep talking of his life. "I think I have my own theory of my scars...if I come from Konoha...and I came here half dead carried by a dog. Wouldn't Konoha be the cause of my scars? His eyes burning with anger but not really showing it and to the kunoichi he was actually perfectly calmed.
Back to top Go down
~Fox~
Nukenin
~Fox~

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping With The Enemy [P - Strange Ace] Sleeping With The Enemy [P - Strange Ace] EmptyThu 31 Jan 2013, 3:20 am

Kumogakure was close now. Perspective being fickle as always, Uriko found the stone peaks she'd spied from a distance growing taller and broader with every step. She began to wonder how on earth an entrance to the village could have been hewn from such thick rock. But then again, who hadn't heard the tales of those determined people living in the Lightning country? Regardless, the kunoichi was glad she and her ward were making good time. It would not bode well for her to be seeking accommodation after sunset. Okashi walked steadily onwards, seemingly unaware that his feet were even moving. His blank expression bore the hallmarks of someone dealing with sudden change. Uriko couldn't help but wonder what effect her supposed lies would have on the young man's life. Were their roles reversed, she'd likely seek retribution. Not that she felt any sort of attachment to her kin anymore. In her twisted memory, her father had been robbed of life because he was too weak to hold onto it and her mother... the thought brought raw, guttural emotion surging through the kunoichi's chest. Her mother had betrayed her and for her crime, had died at the then young woman's hands. Glancing at the figure beside her, Uriko conceded that Okashi's current state of mind was quite understandable.

Though perhaps passive was a more appropriate word than blank. The female nukenin got the impression she had not yet been wholly accepted by the boy. He seemed ever wary of the newcomer, no more so than when she tried to gently push him to keep moving. Okashi stepped just out of reach, letting the woman's hand fall to her side, the tips of her fingers brushing against her companion's sleeve. Patience, Uriko. She knew that earning another's trust could never be accomplished in mere minutes. After all, he's undoubtedly aware of how coincidental this meeting is. The kunoichi mused. The words of caution had the desired effect, suppressing her desire to hasten preceedings. While Okashi had been quietly absorbing the woman's words so far, he spoke up the instant she mentioned his scars. "My scars you say?" He replied, his voice full of intrigue. "I think I have my own theory of my scars." He added softly. "If I come from Konoha and I came here half dead, carried by a dog... Wouldn't Konoha be the cause of my scars?" He asked. As the boy voiced his suspicions, the female nukenin saw her chance to twist the knife.

"You wouldn't be wrong in thinking that, Okashi." She murmured, hinting at a greater knowledge of events than she had thus far revealed. Sighly as though burdened by this, Uriko composed herself before continuing. "There were always people coming and going from the houses in our district. My friends told me that they were shinobi and they didn't always come back. Some of them had lost parents the same way." She began. "The Hokage and his advisors were committing warriors to a conflict somewhere in the south. I was old enough to remember, but I didn't really understand." The woman continued, pausing long enough only for her words to sink in. "Weeks passed before a small group of shinobi returned. My family upped and left the village soon after, though neither of my parents would tel me why." It must have sounded almost cryptic to Okashi, who had been patiently listening to the tale in silence. "Years later, I started to look into Konohagakure's recent history. Records were thin on the ground and I wasn't anyone important, so I couldn't get privileged access. But eventually I dug a few things up." Her voice fell a little in tone, the mood of the recollection taking a distinctly darker note.

So far, Okashi appeared to be taking this all in stride. He had few questions to ask of the kunoichi, though perhaps he sensed there was much more to hear. "It turned out that the village elders wanted rid of a smuggling and piracy ring who were making a name for themselves on the coast. When the first wave of ninja failed, the elders passed a temporary law to allow full martial action against 'serious future threats'. That's why so many of my former neighbours were called upon - we lived in a shinobi district, after all." The story was expertly crafted and Uriko was quietly confident that her efforts would pay off. "Then I discovered why we moved away. It took a year of research and I'm not proud to say that I broke the law doing it." The woman took a deep breath. "There had never been a 'serious threat'." She saidm exhaling quietly. "Months before, the pirates had stolen valuables from the elders while they returned from a diplomatic expedition. True, they were known criminals; but barely surpassing common thieves. What's more, they only ever operated in Kaze no Kuni's territory. It was not Konoha's problem. There was no reason to demand such a violent response! No need to slaughter so many! The female nukenin was getting animated now, selling the story with every word. Scaling her enthusiasm back a bit, she spoke again. "You'll be wanting to know what on earth this has to do with you, hm?"

For all intents and purposes, this was a rhetorical question. Indeed, Uriko would have skipped the tale so far were it not integral to what came next. Once Okashi had confirmed his interest, the woman continued. "The elders' self-centered actions went unpunished for quite some time. Some, like my parents, had discovered the truth and could no longer live in such a corrupt place. There was a small exodus of citizens, but nothing that really dented the great village's population. The Inuzuka all remained. I think a handful of them knew, but that clan is known for being fiercely loyal and often - forgive me - quite combative. They probably thought retribution was just." A vaguely sorrowfol expression took a brief hold of the female nukenin's features, though this too was feigned. "But the thieves had not been entirely wiped out. Konohagakure's vicious attack gave the survivors a new goal and a few years later, they returned. Experts in stealthy operations, they infiltrated the village outskirts and began killing all but one of every household. Okashi..." Uriko looked directly at her companion now, ready to deliver the news. "The Inuzuka were amongst the first to suffer. Wrists and throats were slit, the blood used to write a message on every door: 'for our children'."

It was quite clear what the kunoichi was trying to imply. The story would lead the young man to believe he was a victim of these attacks, somehow surviving and being carried away from the massacre by his faithful dog. The woman had no idea if there was any truth to her words, relying only on her well-honed ability to lie and capitalising on the boy's memory loss. Such a traumatic experience might well account for the latter, after all. A few more seconds passed before anyone spoke. Once more, it was the female nukenin who broke the silence. It was a very dark part of the village's history, one that you won't easily find in books or on parchment. The pirates were stopped and killed by the militia, of course. But it should never have come to that. Uriko was visibly shaking, her fist clenched in anger. "I'm sorry my friend, I don't know anything else. The texts I uncovered and the personal accounts I heard - that's as far as they got me. You were right, though." She added, her voice meek and subdued. "Konohagakure was to blame."

~
OOC:I'd hoped to spin this tale over two posts, but it would have (unfairly) left you precious little to work with for the interim post. So it's a bit condensed here, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Ace
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping With The Enemy [P - Strange Ace] Sleeping With The Enemy [P - Strange Ace] EmptyWed 13 Feb 2013, 3:09 pm

His thoughts about Konoha only worsen as time carried on. Every single second that the women remained quiet after he asked the darn question would only turn into what seemed to be hatred towards the village. He felt like it was not time to ask for questions, instead it was time to demand answers. He clearly was not in any position to be doing this, but then again he had no choice. The boy held in close to the woman's words. Nor did he know whether they were true or not, the boy needed something to believe. Something that will give him a life to look forward to, whether that be a life of evil or good he did not care at the very moment. "You wouldn't be wrong in thinking that, Okashi." Okashi listened closely to her words. It was not something he was looking to find out. Now it had become something that he demanded to know. Whether he said something about it or not, his attention had completely been pulled by the woman's gentle voice. "There were always people coming and going from the houses in our district. My friends told me that they were shinobi and they didn't always come back. Some of them had lost parents the same way. The Hokage and his advisors were committing warriors to a conflict somewhere in the south. I was old enough to remember, but I didn't really understand." Only silence explained how much pulled in by the story the boy young was. He did not quite understood what she had meant by the words but he remained calmed and decided to not ask question, for now at least. As far as he could gather, shinobi was sent out of the village and possibly sent on special missions or task in which some happened to complete and having the privilege of coming back to the village while others well not so much.

"Weeks passed before a small group of shinobi returned. My family upped and left the village soon after, though neither of my parents would tell me why. Years later, I started to look into Konohagakure's recent history. Records were thin on the ground and I wasn't anyone important, so I couldn't get privileged access. But eventually I dug a few things up." Just then his whole view of this woman changed. Who really was she? How did she managed to 'dig' information about Konoha without much access. Was she plotting against Konoha herself, or was she just the normal shinobi from the village. The boy slowly glanced around her body looking for any sign of a headband, or something that would show what village she hails from though he sadly failed to find anything. He did noticed something unusual though, her left arm, for a long period of time it had seemed to be hidden under her clothing, yet not even a movement under her clothing even when walking. "It turned out that the village elders wanted rid of a smuggling and piracy ring who were making a name for themselves on the coast. When the first wave of ninja failed, the elders passed a temporary law to allow full martial action against 'serious future threats'. That's why so many of my former neighbours were called upon - we lived in a shinobi district, after all." His thoughts about her suddenly were pulled by the woman's voice once more."Then I discovered why we moved away. It took a year of research and I'm not proud to say that I broke the law doing it. There had never been a 'serious threat'. Months before, the pirates had stolen valuables from the elders while they returned from a diplomatic expedition. True, they were known criminals; but barely surpassing common thieves. What's more, they only ever operated in Kaze no Kuni's territory. It was not Konoha's problem. There was no reason to demand such a violent response! No need to slaughter so many!' Her words slightly adjusting to her emotions, while Okashi simply listened, puzzled by almost every single word.

"You'll be wanting to know what on earth this has to do with you, hm?" It was as if the woman completely read his mind. Indeed he was trying to figure out how this whole side of the story somehow was connected to his own life. "The elders' self-centered actions went unpunished for quite some time. Some, like my parents, had discovered the truth and could no longer live in such a corrupt place. There was a small exodus of citizens, but nothing that really dented the great village's population. The Inuzuka all remained. I think a handful of them knew, but that clan is known for being fiercely loyal and often - forgive me - quite combative. They probably thought retribution was just." There was the name again, the Inuzuka; the supposedly clan where Okashi is from. "But the thieves had not been entirely wiped out. Konohagakure's vicious attack gave the survivors a new goal and a few years later, they returned. Experts in stealthy operations, they infiltrated the village outskirts and began killing all but one of every household. Okashi..." His eyes gently closed, his whole spirit of wanting to know his life slowly fading away. Maybe he did not know if he wanted to know the truth now. Maybe he preffered to keep his life as it was. "The Inuzuka were amongst the first to suffer. Wrists and throats were slit, the blood used to write a message on every door: 'for our children'." The boy came to a complete halt as they both reached what it looked to be the walls of the village. The boy was indeed struck hard with bad news, and possibly something he was better off not knowing. His knees trembled, not out of fear, but of anger. He needed to take revenge not only on Konoha but on everyone that seemed to be involved on his parents as well as his comrades death.

"It was a very dark part of the village's history, one that you won't easily find in books or on parchment. The pirates were stopped and killed by the militia, of course. But it should never have come to that. I'm sorry my friend, I don't know anything else. The texts I uncovered and the personal accounts I heard - that's as far as they got me. You were right, though. Konohagakure was to blame." The boy remained with hatred on his heart. Only becoming what he thought would never become, somone fueled by anger and the act of revenge. Konoha.....it sounds so peaceful. Yet with all of this, the sound of its name makes me sick. It is only right that I go and seek more information, and even seek revenge for my fallen parents." The boy said as he took a kunai in hand and held it tight. "It is only right that I meet the horrid place of a homeland that I come from." The boy said as a small growl escaped from his mouth, as his teeth slowly came to existence and visible to the woman. A wide smile spread across the face of the boy. He was now filled with dark thoughts, dark thoughts that would become an essential part of his life and his future. Small steps could be heard at a distance as the animal companion followed the young man all this way until he came to stop next to him. The black dog gave a smile growl to the woman before continuing to walk by his owner Okashi, "It seems you got a fan Togame." The boy decided to remain calm about the whole situation. After all it was something that would fall into place over time. What happened has happened already there was no way of going back. The boy would gather his thoughts, group them and then make a decision as to whether he would stay within the Kumogakure walls or not.

ooc: I am so sorry for taking so long. I did posted an absence topic but kind went overboard as to how long I was away. Anyways I now have a laptop so its much easier to post! Again sorry for taking so long.

Back to top Go down
~Fox~
Nukenin
~Fox~

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping With The Enemy [P - Strange Ace] Sleeping With The Enemy [P - Strange Ace] EmptyTue 19 Feb 2013, 2:47 am

As the story unfolded, it was as though a spell had been cast over Okashi. Before he had been eager to hear it but now, he was hanging on every word. Uriko could see the metaphorical veil lift as her false information filled in the blanks. It was a heartless act, to twist another being's nature in such a way. The female nukenin was all too familiar with the process, knowing well that it often took a mere push to bring another down to her level. Naturally, it would be some time before Okashi embraced the path he had been set upon and even longer before he understood why it had had to happen. Uriko would be ready for it when the time came. Her current plan might have appeared impromptu at best, but the woman was not only masterful when it came to improvisation, but an avid schemer. For most of her adult life, she had been preparing for all sorts of eventualities. Addiction? She mused, looking over at her young companion. Access to potent herbs and substances did open up this effective avenue. Tricking the lad into dependency on the kunoichi and her supply was one way to ensure loyalty. Later, later. Focus now. She silently chided herself, remembering that a greater challenge was barely minutes away.

Until now, Okashi had remained in rapt silence. With the woman's fabrication at an end, he paused to collect his thoughts. His body betrayed his mind however, as Uriko noticed the blood flow stimulated by his increased heart beat, his cheeks tinged with crimson and his legs begin to quiver. "Konoha... it sounds so peaceful. Yet with all of this, the sound of its name makes me sick. It is only right that I go and seek more information, and even seek revenge for my fallen parents." It seemed as though Uriko's lies had him convinced. Better still, it had provoked a furious reaction from the young man. Little wonder. The kunoichi thought to herself. For so long, the memory-stricken lad had been living a half life, with no knowledge of how he had come to this point. This revelation brought with it a new raison d'etre, one that played perfectly into Uriko's hands. In Okashi, she saw lasting potential as a vehicle for her own nefarious ends. "It is only right that I meet the horrid place of a homeland that I come from." The young man added, a small growl marking his intent. The woman's eyes glinted in the dying light. It had come together so well; the kunoichi surprised even herself. But such elaboration did not come without risk.

Although Uriko's story had been carefully woven, it relied heavily upon her current companion's lost memories. Eventually, Okashi would have to discover the truth. The female nukenin knew that if she was to acquire the boy's skills for herself, she needed to establish a bond between them before he did so. Until then, the young man would have to be kept from anything that might contradict his current understanding of events. Fortunately, there would be no such dangers in Kumogakure no Sato and Uriko would be able to proceed as expected. The gates loomed up ahead, guarded by two figures that the woman couldn't quite make out. She and Okashi were still a good five minutes away. Looking to her right, Uriko watched as the boy mulled things over. His expression was ever so slightly contorted, something of a grimace about his features. Yet the woman also felt his glee. To anyone else, it would have been a strange combination of emotions but to Uriko, she could relate. "I doubt you'll be able to stop yourself Okashi, but you shouldn't dwell on it." The woman murmured, maintaining the facade of kindess. "I'm sure they'll get what they deserve." She added, the lightness of her voice masking the leading nature of her words. The boy would hear nothing other than a reminder that they had not, in fact, been delivered justice.

Just then, not two minutes from the entrace to Kumogakure, a soft padding sound approached the pair. A moment later and Okashi's dog announced his arrival with a muted growl. It didn't seem wholly accepting of the newcomer, but Uriko was simpy relieved not to have to endure the constant yapping again. "It seems you've got a fan, Togame." The young Inuzuka chuckled, greeting the canine as it settled beside its apparent owner. "That'd be nice." The woman replied, flashing a wry smile at her companion. The trio walked the last minute in silence, eventually arriving at the rather imposing village gates. Now that they were close, Uriko identified the two figures from earlier as shinobi guards. Both were male and wearing the traditional Kumo-nin gear. The first and more burly of the two stepped forward, holding up a hand to stop the group. "Okashi-san, I recognize you. But not your friend." He then turned his attention to the disguised female nukenin. "Do you have papers, Miss, uh... He trailed off. "Togame. My name is Togame." The kunoichi replied. "And no, I don't have papers - I'm not a resident of your village." She finished. The guard raised an eyebrow. "I live in a small settlement on the other side of Kyousei Mountain." Uriko explained. The guard gave this a moment's thought before looking back over to the boy. "I suppose you can vouch for her, Okashi-san? If so, I'll need your papers, obviously." The burly man asked.

OOC: Not a problem, Ace. As for me, it's getting late here, so my post's a little shorter than usual. Sowweh!

Back to top Go down
Ace
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping With The Enemy [P - Strange Ace] Sleeping With The Enemy [P - Strange Ace] EmptyMon 04 Mar 2013, 9:59 pm

The woman's words after he spoke did not go unnoticed. Of course they will get what they deserved. But she was right after all, his mind shouldn't only be set on this particular goal, instead his mind should be set on getting stronger, while his mind grew with knowledge. Time...that is all I need. Some time to get stronger. Once I get stronger I can do anything. But now I will wait and see how can I acquire this power... The boy smiled for a moment when he finished his string of thought. "Togame. My name is Togame. And no, I don't have papers - I'm not a resident of your village. I live in a small settlement on the other side of Kyousei Mountain." Togame explained to the guard. But like any other guard of the village he hesitated in letting her enter. As he should.. Okashi thought to himself as he peeked to the woman right beside him. For a minute the boy wondered how in the hell did they had even reached the village. His whole destination had been changed completely and attached to a conversation the boy remained now he was here back at the gates. His attention was so pulled by the woman that he had not noticed he was back at the gates which made him wonder.

"I suppose you can vouch for her, Okashi-san? If so, I'll need your papers, obviously." One of the guards asked while a few seconds of silence remained in the air. He had just in fact met this woman not so long ago so just letting her come in the village on his account would not be wise. "I suppose so. Togame here has been very kind to me, and can't be left to walk back alone to the mountains at this time of the night." Okashi said as he pulled out his shinobi papers and handed them over to the guard. "It is only right I treat her to some tea or maybe something to eat after the interesting stories she has shared with me." Okashi smiled and looked at the woman stretching his hand forward as he continued to walk forward.

"Alright everything is set then. Just keep close to Okashi so you do not wander to places you don't know off and get lost. This is a pretty big village after all." The guard chuckled and then waved to the other guard as the gates slowly began to open to reveal the village that the young Inuzuka was from. "Right of course. I will keep her around and show her the surroundings." Okashi said as he retrived the papers from the guard after he got all the information needed.

ooc: Extra short. But atleast I managed to post and exit out of the topic! Razz
Back to top Go down
~Fox~
Nukenin
~Fox~

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping With The Enemy [P - Strange Ace] Sleeping With The Enemy [P - Strange Ace] EmptyTue 05 Mar 2013, 6:46 pm

Uriko suspected that she'd already been scanned for basic transformation or replication techniques. It was unthinkable that such a place would ignore basic security protocol. Fortunately, her stolen form was far more resistant to these checks and unless they had a sensory ninja who could recognize Uriko Nagase's precise chakra signature, there would be no trouble. You're forgotten me, dear. The familiar voice murmured in her ear. Knowing better than to act suspiciously before the guards, the kunoichi did her level best to keep her features unflinchingly passive. Deep down however, she knew the voice had a point. Would the sensor-nin be skilled enough to uncover the taint that the woman carried? And then? The voice intoned, sounding all too pleased with himself. And then they come for me. Uriko thought, answering the question. With some trepidation, the female nukenin's attention slowly returned to the conversation at hand.

Mercifully, she found Okashi explaining the situation and offering to vouch for her. "I suppose so. Togame here has been very kind to me, and can't be left to walk back alone to the mountains at this time of the night." The kunoichi hoped her amused smirk looked more like a benevolent smile as she heard these words. Given all that Uriko had been confronted with in her life, a night-time hike was practically a vacation. Of course, neither Okashi nor the guards could see through the woman's guise and no doubt the lady she was impersonating would indeed have feared such a journey. "It is only right I treat her to some tea or maybe something to eat after the interesting stories she has shared with me." The boy added as he dug out his papers for the guard to inspect. Tea? The voice asked, laughing incredulously. The sound echoed loudly around Uriko's mind, drowning out her other thoughts and testing her willpower. Unable to react or try to banish the laughter, she dug her nails into the palm of her hand, eventually drawing blood as she fought back her feelings.

The dog gave a muted, gruff sort of noise before it padded over to the woman and pressed its nose against her hand. A moment later, Uriko felt the rough texture of a longue tongue lapping at the rivulets of blood on her palm. The others appeared not to have noticed. After a brief inspection of the young man's papers, the burly guard nodded to his friend and passed the documents back to Okashi. "Alright everything is set." Then, adjusting his gaze to meet Uriko's, he spoke again. "Just keep close to Okashi so you do not wander to places you don't know off and get lost. This is a pretty big village after all." He chuckled, before stepping aside to allow the pair entrance. While relieved, the kunoichi knew she was not yet in the clear. A sensor-nin couldn't possibly match the woman's precise signature to her actual identity, but they might well have noticed its wicked nature. The female nukenin found herself unable to shake the feeling that things had not gone as smoothly as they seemed to have. Would a report be made? If so, Uriko could be certain that a swift and thorough investigation would follow. Wrinkling her nose in distaste at the thought, the woman resigned herself to further enhancing her disguise. As soon as she could lose the escort. For now at least, Okashi's word (and papers) seemed sufficient.

Beyond the thick, wooden gates lay an almost surreal vista. The rocky peaks that Uriko had spied from a distance were revealed to be supports for the entire town. Buildings, roads and platforms built around and between these natural spires. Clouds hung low in the sky, some even drifting through the crowds at head height. The name of this great village began to make a good deal more sense - it truly was 'hidden in the clouds'. There was a wealth of people here too, though far more spread out than in Konohagakure or Kirigakure. Most seemed to be dressed in shinobi gear, their armor as unique and recognizable as the image that adorned their headbands. Uriko also noticed a plethora of swords and other weapons, strapped to the backs and waists of most ninja. She had heard of the Kumo-nin prowess with such items, though began to wonder how many could truly make their blades dance. Too few, I'm sure. The kunoichi smiled wryly, aware that she may yet find out for herself. Just then, she noticed the central peak. The largest mountain stood at the heart of the enclave, a large blue structure wrapped tightly around it. This, Okashi would later identify as the Raikage's 'domain', including his office and associated buildings.

Uriko's companion led her deeper into the village, heading around the nearest spire and onto a metal walkway to the next platform. "We're just about to arrive at one of Kumogakure's best inns." The young lad explained, glancing back at the kunoichi as they crossed the bridge. "They'll be able to offer you a bed and some food - I'm sure you need both, by now." He continued, stepping onto solid ground once more. Instead of walking around the structure ahead, Okashi made a beeline for the one of the doors and ducked inside. Uriko followed soon after, although the boy's dog decided to wait outside for its master. As the woman stepped through the doorway, she could hear her companion talking. "...friend Togame. She'll need a bed for the night and probably dinner, too. Is that okay, Harumi?" The female nukenin didn't catch the reply, but Okashi soon returned and judging by his smile, everything was in order. "You're in good hands, Togame. I have to go check in with my superiors, but I'd be grateful for more company later." He explained. "I understand. I hope... you know." The woman murmured. There was a pause, before Okashi nodded and offered a glum smile before heading for the exit.

Uriko had been impressed by how well the boy had handled the news. He had a strong will and a trusting nature. "There's more to this one." The kunoichi muttered to herself.

~EXIT~

~
OOC: Thank you, Ace. Work and MSc interviews have been keeping me from getting to this topic lately and I know I was meant to post on your character's behalf. So I'm extra grateful that you've managed one yourself. :-)

P.S. I'd like to point out that Strange Ace PMed me with permission to take a few liberties with his character. I did so in the last paragraph, but only a little.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping With The Enemy [P - Strange Ace] Sleeping With The Enemy [P - Strange Ace] Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-