Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Top Ten list of Video Games

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Kira
Kira

Top Ten list of Video Games Vide
PostSubject: Top Ten list of Video Games Top Ten list of Video Games EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013, 4:28 am

While using the restroom one slow sunday morning I had thought to myself, "What are my top ten favorite video games?" The question had proved itself to be much harder than I had initially anticipated. Every time I thought I had a game that I thought would qualify I would think of another game that beat it out. After a week of deliberation and much research into games that I have experienced in my life I compiled a list of ten games that have proved themselves to be my favorite.

I encourage everyone else to think about this question themselves and post their lists, so that we all can get a better understanding of each others gaming history o:

Number 10
Dynasty Warriors 4
Reason: In the days of the PS2, I like many people around, didn't have a large stock of video games to choose from. Each game that I played, I treasured and played like it was the most awesome hype game in the world. Of all the games on the PS2 that I played, I logged more hours in Dynasty Warriors 4 than any other. The game had fun brawling combat that was still fresh. The game also proved itself to be my first influence in the world of foreign history. While romanticized a great deal to make the game more entertaining, it had given me a new love for other culture, allowing me to appreciate what was beyond what I grew up around. The game itself also holds the proud record of being the only game to make me break a controller. With the game's Chaos difficulty driving me to snap the flimsy PS2 controller in half and then proceed to break it further with a bat. All of this combined earns it my tenth place.

Number 9
Fallout New Vegas
Reason: When I first picked up FNV, I had incredibly high standards for the game. Having a great love for Fallout 3, I was hesitant to even try FNV because I didn't want the memory to be tarnished by a bad entry to the series. However my mood was set at the midnight launch event that included playing blackjack and sharing previous experiences in Fallout 3. Coming straight home from the event I plopped the disc in my tray and proceeded to immerse myself in the world of FNV. The storyline was immidiately less entertaining for me as I wasn't greeted by the voice of Liam Neeson proclaiming himself to be my father, but I quickly got over that fact as the game shot me in the head. Well that's a way to start a game. The game held more mature tones to it, with the game dealing with sexuality and addiction in abundance. The factions themselves proved themselves to be the tipping point for me. Each of the factions acted with it's own intentions and didn't fall victim to a typical Good vs. Evil scenario that we all have become so used to. Factions had their own agenda's and you were simply a tool in the game, unless of course you went independent. And that's why it takes my ninth position.

Number 8
Diablo 3
Reason: I had an internal conflict about whether or not I should include Diablo 3 or it's predecessor. It has been my recent experiences playing a Wizard on Diablo 3 that tipped it over to the newer title. Despite my apprehension about the DRM used in the game, I found myself drawn into the world of Sanctuary and all of it's looty goodness. The game play proved itself to be addicting, always looking forward to the next boss to get even better equipment. It brought me happiness to try and get a new combination of equipment to increase my damage, just to see enemies melt before my power. I may have just been going insane, but it was quite a joy to try and max DPS. I will throw out an honorable mention to Diablo 2, but Diablo 3 takes my eighth position.

Number 7
Armored Core: For Answer
Reason: The first game from From Software on this list. I had never been quite a fan of the Armored Core series growing up. It had passed me by with all of it's mechanized combat goodness. But one night chilling out with some friends my eyes were opened. A discussion rose between two friends, one claiming that his mech was just too fast for his opponent. I blew off the claim as just boasting, as we were want to do. But I was amazed when the two started fighting. The mech was barely a blur on the screen as my buddy boosted around, flying circles around his opponent as he shot him to pieces. The next day I went to GameStop and bought the game. I spent the weekend burning through the game as quick as I could; and than spent the next week refining my knowledge about the game. The following weekend I schooled my friend in combat and the rest is history. With engaging combat, a branching story, and fun customization; the game has more than enough to take the seventh place on my list.

Number 6
Minecraft
Reason: I admit that I didn't join the hype of Minecraft at the beginning. Not wanting to get sucked into the hype of the game, I tried to stay away from the community, feeling so certain that the game wasn't as good as people were making it out to be. Around the 1.5 beta update I finally caved and began playing. Running right past tree's I went and explored the land, taking in the vast landscapes that rolled out before me. Then night came. Hearing monsters in the distance I panicked and ran about trying to escape. Eventually I just dug a hole to hide in and stayed there. Never knowing when the daylight might come again. With so much time after that first time playing Minecraft I stand in awe at the improvements I have made. From hiding in a hole to hiding in a fortress, I had forever remained an adventuring coward in the land of Minecraft, and with the amount of time I have dumped into the game, it definitely earns the sixth place on my list.

Number 5
Silent Hill 2
Reason: In the age of PS2, there were few games that stood out to me more than Silent Hill 2. The game vomitted atmosphere at every turn, with the protagonist James Sunderland proving himself to be a flawed and interesting character that is worthy of praise. The game's design was inspired work that gave life to what most people recognize as the symbol of Silent Hill, Pyramid Head (Even though he has lost his meaning.) A great story with twists and turns that leaves you in awe, and to be honest, feeling kinda like a dick.

Number 4
Dragons Dogma
Reason: I'm a sucker for Western influenced fantasy games. Knights and Dragons and Magic are just the kind of things that I dig. So I was blown away when I started playing Dragons Dogma. The character customization was a high point in my mind, allowing such great variety of characters to be created. The story itself is rather bland and unimaginative up to the point where you defeat The Dragon. But it takes a wild turn at that point that left me smiling. The combat itself had a addicting factor to it, making me want to find new combinations of attacks to defeat new enemies that showed up left and right. The games grab mechanic that allowed you to climb onto large beasts in a Shadows of the Colusses esque manner proved itself to be fun if frustrating feature. The camera could be insanely hard to control when on a giant beast, but it made sense in my mind. How easy would it be to know what the hell was going on when on the back of a dragon who's flailing around trying to dislodge you. The game proved itself fun and with innovative features, I've loved every second of the expansion pack recently released.

Number 3
Dark Souls
Reason: The other game from From Software on this list. To put it lightly, Dark Souls is hard for those who are unprepared for what the game has to offer. The systems in place in the game are easy to learn and difficult to master. In my first experience with the game I had rage quit it after being destroyed by Gargoyles and eaten by tree's. Returning the game to Gamefly I did not touch the game for nearly a year. Picking it up again with renewed determination I broke my stubborn rule and looked up some strategies for the game. After getting a handle on the game I was totally hooked. Dumping over two hundred hours into one character to get all the achievements, I hadn't even started my addiction. Creating roughly twenty different characters with an average of twenty to forty hours each, I dumped more hours into Dark Souls than any other game. And I loved every moment of it. Except for getting eaten by a tree. And the hole in my wall that Ornstein and Smough caused. 

Number 2
Final Fantasy Tactics
Reason: There are very few games that have engrossed me into so much grinding that FFT did. FFT is a gem of gems, setting a standard for strategy games for the rest of my life. With a deep and interesting combat system and a story that left me wanting more, there's not much I can say about FFT beyond that you should play it. Of all the things that I love about FFT is the modding community that is still behind the game after so many years. A notable part of the modding community is the user created campaign "Journey of the Five" which chronicles the continued adventures of the Hero Ramza from FFT along with a party custom created sprites and classes for Solid Snake, Dante, Link, and Cloud. If that isn't enough to give you a little tickle in your pants I don't know what it.

Number 1
Metal Gear Solid 3
Reason: "STTTTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILL IN A DREAAAAAAAAAAM! SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE EAAAAAAAAAAAAAATEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!"

Ahem.

Metal Gear Solid 3 for me, epitomizes the idea of story telling. Not telling a story that is meant to jerk tears, or impress anyone. MGS 3 tells the story of Naked Snake on his journey to becoming Big Boss. And what a story it is. I loved the game enough to complete it in two play sessions in my first playthrough, only stopping because my battle with The End proved itself to be a war of attrition as I couldn't locate the old bastard long enough to deal massive damage. The gameplay was fun and challenging, the stealth being a fun feature as opposed to the tension device that it is in modern games. In true Metal Gear fashion the game tells a serious story in the tongue in cheek fashion that only Hideo Kojima can bring to life. To put it simply, Metal Gear Solid 3 affected me more than any other game I have ever played. And as a side note, I recommend looking up the MGS 3 Secret Theater videos that were included in game. They are probably some of the most hilarious video's that I have ever seen in my life.

So that's my list. Probably put more detail into it than necessary, but passion for video games runs in my blood.

What's your guy's lists?

EDIT - BB Code seems to have changed quite a bit since I've been on forums DX the forum is changing my text and not showing the BB code that is showing up above in my edit window.
Back to top Go down
TNT
TNT

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten list of Video Games Top Ten list of Video Games EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013, 4:52 am

I'm sorry that your taste in video games SUCK.

:3
Back to top Go down
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten list of Video Games Top Ten list of Video Games EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013, 5:42 am

MSG is awesome but come on man. You are missing top games on that lost.

Halo series, 2 or 3 are the best( debatable).
Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart.
Fifa( particularly 12) .
Battlefield 3 (1943 is also awesome).
Even Rock Band 2!
MK 9?
Bioshock
GTA (4)?!
Back to top Go down
TNT
TNT

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten list of Video Games Top Ten list of Video Games EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013, 5:47 am

Ummm excuse me...
Skyrim?
Ocarina of Time? 

Come on now. D:
Back to top Go down
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten list of Video Games Top Ten list of Video Games EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013, 5:57 am

Oh geez, I can't believe I forgot those. D;
Back to top Go down
Kira
Kira

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten list of Video Games Top Ten list of Video Games EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013, 6:00 am

I burned through Skyrim in forty hours. And Skyrim itself had a pretty shitty story, and the gameplay is very similar to Oblivion with minor overhauls. I could argue the same for Fallout New Vegas, but I just plain liked New Vegas better than Skyrim o: Sue me.

And Ocarina of Time.

Meh.

Gameplay doesn't hold up to me and most Zelda storylines are pretty much the same.

Zelda on NES was pretty sweet though.
Back to top Go down
TNT
TNT

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten list of Video Games Top Ten list of Video Games EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013, 6:01 am

Top Ten list of Video Games 287405 
If you didn't share the name of a very hot chick that I know, I wouldn't like you.
Back to top Go down
Euphoria
Euphoria

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten list of Video Games Top Ten list of Video Games EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013, 6:20 am

I don't have a top ten, rather a top five.
Spoiler:
Seriously though, I don't play a lot of video games. I shouldn't even be in this discussion. I've played a lot of matches in Super Smash Bros with my buddy though. Aww yeah
Back to top Go down
TNT
TNT

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten list of Video Games Top Ten list of Video Games EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013, 6:26 am

Euphoria wrote:
Spoiler:

You are the most 1337 gamer in all of gamerdom. We bow to you.
Back to top Go down
Leighton
Leighton

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten list of Video Games Top Ten list of Video Games EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013, 6:55 am

**Caution Spoiler Alert**

Number 10 - Knight of the Old Republic

This game is dear to me. I'm sure anyone who played it knows exactly why I picked this game. You are revealed to be the former jedi turn dark lord Revan. But I also like it for the little details that can be picked out. Like the difference between how Revan and Malak wanted to conquer the republic space. Though the second one was good, it does not get a spot on my list. 

Number 9 - Pokemon Ruby Version

Look, it's another one dear to my heart. It's the first pokemon game that I actually owned. I wouldn't have to listen to my sister complain about me restarting her pokemon blue. 

Number 8 - Shadow of the Colossus

An amazing game, with good graphics and an iffy at best camera I could never control. I praised SotC everytime that one of those giant rock creatures knocked me down a peg, and when I got to make them pay. Though.... I kinda cried at the end. 

Number 7 - Mass Effect series 

I think it's obvious why Mass Effect is here, but I put it low because I never got into it as much as I would any game. I love Mass Effect, but it wasn't every high on my priority for being played. It was a good story up until the end at least. 

Number 6 - Dragon Age: Origins

Enjoyed it. Can't say anything else other than Zevran taking advantage of a deformed midget bear. 

Number 5 - Super Mario 64

As a gamer since about age 3, when I learned to skate on ice (according to my parents) I had played Mario games. When we got our 64, I was teaching my cousin to play Super Mario 64. If there's anything important I took from it, I don't trust anything that doesn't move. 

Number 4 - Left 4 Dead series

I loved it, even going as far to say that I was a fan of the Nellis pairing. I spent a lot of time playing this game with two good friends over xbox live and I'm still in contact even though we don't play. I enjoyed what the different infected brought into multiplayer. 

Number 3 - Portal series

I shouldn't have to explain why I put this here.

Number 2 - Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life

What can I say? I'm a sucker for sappy games like Harvest Moon. I don't play it anymore but hell, give me a day with nothing but that and I got a running farm and a pregnant cow or two. Oh, and Naomi will be my wife because I can. 

Number 1 - Animal Crossing

Now when I thought about this, I asked myself why. But then I remember that it got my mother back into gaming. 3/4ths of my family played Animal Crossing. Making your own designs, drawing Blanca a face, seeing new people move in and old faces leave town. Then came along the Wii (I skipped the DS Versions) and we got City Folk, enjoying it even more. I'm hoping that I can get a new DS and play New Leaf, and reignite my joy of playing Animal Crossing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.com
Ulkira
Nukenin
Ulkira

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten list of Video Games Top Ten list of Video Games EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013, 7:32 am

Euphoria wrote:
Spoiler:
I will murder you in your sleep. With a hot butter knife. While laughing maniacally.

Anyway, I'm not that much of a gamer now, much to my own dismay. From what I can recall at the moment, here's what would be the top ten games from the three consoles that I've owned so far.

List subject to change, of course, because I'm fickle like that.

10. Crash Bash (PSOne):
Funny thing about this game. I can't remember how old I was when I used to play this game, but my brother and I LOVED it, and always played it together. Since it was the first party video game I ever played, and one that I worked so hard to complete (and never managed to, mind you), I still hold this game close to my heart. How I would love to play it again, just for nostalgia's sake; even if I know I'll think the graphics and controls are horrible.

9. All the Spyro the Dragon games (PSOne):
Again, nostalgia doing its work. Spyro was the first platform-based game that I started playing, and seeing as such games are probably my preferred gaming genre, I still find these games to have been some of the most entertaining for me. Shame the PS2 reboots were so different.

8. Star Wars: Battlefront II (PS2):
First Star Wars game I played, as well as the first shooter/third-person shooter I ever played. My cousin and I used to kill so many Rebel scum in this game... To this date, this is one of the few shooter games that I have played and enjoyed, which makes it pretty special to me.

7. All the Sly Cooper games (PS2 & PS3):
One of Sucker Punch's best game series in my opinion, and something that my brother and mother both enjoyed playing. Yes. That's right. My mother played these games. That's how fun they are.

6. All the Jak & Daxter games (PS2 & PS3):
More platformers, this time with awesome guns and powers.

5. All the Ratchet & Clank games (PS2 & PS3):
Insomniac's handiwork, same folks who made the original Spyro games. Since the RnC games are more or less associated with the above two game series, it'd be wrong for me to not love this series as much as the aforementioned. Some of the coolest weapons I've ever had the pleasure of using, along with good plots, and lovable characters....

4. Infamous (PS3):
Sucker Punch made it. That's good enough for me Very Happy. But in all seriousness, this game turned out to be FAR more enjoyable than I had expected. The powers are great, the gameplay is engaging, and finally the karma system is the icing on the cake. Ending was a bit "WTF", though. Especially the Infamous path. Least they killed Trish. Hated her.

3. Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3):
Best. Game. Ever.

2. Batman: Arkham City (PS3):
Bester. Than. Best. Game. Ever. Except for the ending. I didn't like the ending. I almost started crying sissy tears of sissyness when I saw it. It was like the ending of Code Geass all over again. Sad

1. Nothing worthy enough yet.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten list of Video Games Top Ten list of Video Games EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013, 8:46 pm

Rookie wrote:
MSG is awesome but come on man. You are missing top games on that lost.

Halo series, 2 or 3 are the best( debatable).
Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart.
Fifa( particularly 12) .
Battlefield 3 (1943 is also awesome).
Even Rock Band 2!
MK 9?
Bioshock
GTA (4)?!

So you mentioned like... one ok game? And I thought Americans hated Soucaaher
Back to top Go down
Brittany.
Brittany.

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten list of Video Games Top Ten list of Video Games EmptyWed 26 Jun 2013, 5:18 am

Aaaaaaaaalriiiiighty then. If we're listing video games, than I am in! :3

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

While this is a classic CoD game, I don't much care for it. Why? Mainly the modded controller badkids and the trickshotters... If there is one thing I hate most in the call of duty community it is trickshotters. Honestly, it's all luck. And I'm not a fan of little kids trying to suicide, wrist twist, 1080 no scope across the map collateral. Yeah. I can rant for days, but lets not!

Grand Theft Auto

A leave this generic because I enjoy the series. I loved 3 & San Andreas. And 4 was alright, I enjoyed the whole russian Niko Bellic. But I am looking forward to GTA5 just cause.

Battlefield 3

This is placed low because I've never really been a major battlefield fan until very very very late battlefield 3. After seeing some battlefield 4 gameplay, bf3 just looks like nothing now. Nothing at all compared to the bf4 awesomeness!

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

The story line for this was alright, I liked the fact that I could pick the characters and complete their story seperatly. Even though I know all their stories already, it was still fun to play through it.

Halo 4

Haven't completed the story line, and probably never will as it was spoiled for me. The multiplayer is alright, but nothing special. I've never been a big fan of halo.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3

This was fun to play, way better than generations - singleplayer and multiplayer wise. But I suck at multiplayer and the story doesn't have a high replay rate for me.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I enjoyed playing this, a lot of fun to see the glitches x3 but the story line was nice, a lot like the fallout series except medeival styled rather than apocolyptic. A nice change from Bethesda.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Not really everyones favorite game, but I actually like it. I also enjoy the games treyarc makes over infinity ward as IW tends to feel for the trickshotters, and as you know from game number 10 I hate trickshotters.

Borderlands 2

I really am enjoying this a lot as of recent. Especially since Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep DLC was released today. :3 I didn't enjoy it much after completeing the story line, but it's a lot of fun with my friends.

Minecraft

I've always loved minecraft. I bought it around Beta 1.8 after watching several youtube videos. During early alpha stages, I thought it was too bright and was pretty stupid and didn't think it was really going to go anywhere. Now it is my number one game and has sold over 11 million copies. And now with 1.6, there is horses! And who doesn't just love horsies? <3
Back to top Go down
Sörä♀
Sörä♀

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten list of Video Games Top Ten list of Video Games EmptyWed 26 Jun 2013, 5:22 am

1. COD 4
2. COD 4
3. COD 4
4. You get the point.
Back to top Go down
Euphoria
Euphoria

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten list of Video Games Top Ten list of Video Games EmptyWed 26 Jun 2013, 6:11 am

Ulkira wrote:

I will murder you in your sleep. With a hot butter knife. While laughing maniacally.
Come at me ?#@*%! I'll *&#%@ you with a %*#?@ until you run home crying to your mother /13 year old gamer!
I do like your list. Dishonored and Super Smash Bros might replace some of your lower choices on mine, but I agree with the majority. :3
Back to top Go down
John

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten list of Video Games Top Ten list of Video Games EmptyFri 28 Jun 2013, 2:18 am

The following list isn't necessarily in any order, it'd be a pain to do that.

10. Counter-Strike 1.6
One of the most popular multiplayer games in pc history, it's still going strong after an impressive 10 years.

9. GTA 4
The best installment of GTA yet.. until 5 comes out that is.

8. Mass Effect 2
I had to really think about whether I wanted to include this game. This story is comparable to films as far as emotion and thrill, but the actual gameplay tended to be repetitive and tedious. Still it deserves praise for quality entertainment no doubt.

7. Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare
An expansion so vast it's pretty much it's own game. As far as pure fun goes, there's very few games better in my opinion.

6. Red Dead Redemption
This game had so many ups and downs. The story ranged from brilliant to downright boring, and the gameplay could be repetitive as all hell. What I praise about it however is the atmosphere. Striking visuals of the American frontier meets classic western scores to give a very cinematic experience. When you're riding your horse through the desert at sundown to an acoustic guitar there's really nothing quite like it.

5. Assassin's Creed II
Best game of the series by far in my opinion. Great story, complex characters and awesomely fun gameplay.

4. Skyrim
Hahahaha I laugh just thinking about it. Quite literally the most fun I've had in a game. It's especially great if you have a computer that can handle extensive modding.

3. The Walking Dead
A surprisingly incredible game. It takes the approach of Heavy Rain, relying on a more cinematic style of gaming. The characters in this game are far more interesting than the ones from the series.

2. Arkham Asylum
Do I really need to explain this one?

1. Arhkam City
See #2
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.org
jaboodles
jaboodles

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten list of Video Games Top Ten list of Video Games EmptyMon 01 Jul 2013, 3:44 am

I enjoy spoons.
Back to top Go down
kiraskiller
kiraskiller

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten list of Video Games Top Ten list of Video Games EmptyMon 05 Aug 2013, 8:13 pm

I'm a little hurt that not one person mentioned ff7 the best of the best
Back to top Go down
Søren
Nukenin

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten list of Video Games Top Ten list of Video Games EmptyMon 05 Aug 2013, 8:49 pm

No order.

POKEMON Top Ten list of Video Games 287405 
Minecraft
COD 4
Skyrim
Fifa 13/12
Super smash bros
AC
Fable 2, 3
Ratchet and Clank
(If you count FM, only if you could)
If not... Worms
Back to top Go down
Teion Shiin
Teion Shiin

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten list of Video Games Top Ten list of Video Games EmptyMon 05 Aug 2013, 10:52 pm

To start off, I'm not saying that these are the best games of all time. These are the games I have found to be MY favorite. They might not be the the best visually, technically or most selling, but they have either been a big part of my gaming life or have left an amazing impression on me as a person and a gamer.

10. Persona 4 Arena.
This is a side scroller fighting game, same kind of style as Marvel VS Capcom. There aren't a lot of characters as compared to MVC, or amazing graphics and sound like Injustice. The reason I like this one is because of it's fast pace and technical nature. Also, each character is pretty much completely different in terms of style. Me and my friends have played this for hours on end and have become amazing at it. It is pretty much even when it comes to which characters are better, it feels like none of them are better than any of the others which provides a good means of telling who is better at the game itself.

9. Neverwinter
This is an MMORPG that plays amazingly. It's in it's betta testing phase right now and is free to download and play. The controls, graphics and leveling system are easy to understand and use. I love a game where I can stack skills and proficiencies to get the desired effect I want to use. I use a stealth character :3. The storyline is alright, I never could get into story lines of MMORPGs. meh. The pvp is a BLAST though. The classes are pretty balanced when it comes metta gaming. There isn't any good rock paper scissors situations, only ones where you know what the other person is capable of and how you use your skills to get around that to beat them.  In comes the concept of team. The teams in this can either be frustrating or amazing. A good party could make this game amazing in PvP and the story line, but it is completely possible to play solo, like me.

8. Silent Hill 1-3
I grew up playing Silent hill. It left a huge impression on me and I loved the idea of playing a horror movie type game. It messed with your head and left you feeling hopeless in a lot of situations. (I probably shouldn't have been playing this as a kid >_>) I picked only 1-3 because I felt that they embodied what I felt the Silent Hill series was all about. Not knowing whats going on, not knowing whats around the corner,  limited resources, and basic weapons are, to me, the main components in the game play. The story lines are inciting, confusing, macabre, and leave you feeling all alone with a mystery to solve about the character. The rest feel like knock offs that are out to make money.

7. Resident Evil Series
Although RE6 was a big disappointment to me, (I own it but I didn't even beat any of it, but did play it) due to its leave to what the RE series started off ass. This feeling started with RE 4. It was great due to it's new type of game play and the fact that it still housed the feeling of never having enough to make it through. The original really shocked me and pushed me to think more. I played it around the same age I played Silent Hill and loved the fact that I really had to struggle to get through it. Looking back now, it had terrible voice acting and horrid controls. Despite that, the idea of zombies was amazing to me. I was a huge zombie movie kid and loved video games, so this was the best of both worlds to me.

6. Pokemon Series.
Yes, I am a huge Pokemon nerd. I got the Gameboy Color and a copy of Pokemon Red for Christmas the year it came out. I conquered that game to the fullest. I was in a Poke-craze for a long time after that. I've only recently quit playing since I don't have the time to devote to the games like I used to. Regardless, I don't have to tell you guys why it's top 10. I am a big fan of 1-3 gen. The others are ok, but I personally just don't like the others. I won't say they aren't good, I just don't care for them myself.

5. Dead Space series
The This series has scared the shit out of me a few times. I love playing it in the dark and wondering whats coming next. Like RE and SH, I love the whole "not having enough" thing. I think it plays to the strength of horror games. This one, in my mind, is amazing because of the combination of mechanics, graphics, story, and controls. If you like horror games, or over the shoulder shooters, then this is right up your ally.

4. The Bioshock series.
This series has bay far, my absolute favorite story line. The combination of the first person experience, story line, powers, and the ability to upgrade and hack things set in a steam punk other worldly yet familiar environment is just breath taking. The ending and replayability of the first game is beautiful. This franchise really knows how to make fans and keep them happy with the games that come out.

3. Metal Gear Series
This series is beyond my words to explain. It's so intricate and beautiful. It's a stealth espionage game that is just stunning. It has one of the best story lines of all, maybe my absolute favorite in terms of story. I have really bonded with the main character. (Which is why the second game really isn't my favorite...... I don't like Raiden) This game rally paved the way for most of the stealth games we like today, I.E. Assassins creed series, Splinter Cell series, and The Last of Us. It really started a new genre of gaming, stealth with deep story.

2. The legend of Zelda series.
The first video game I ever played was The Legend of Zelda: A link to the Past. It's what really hooked me on video games. The puzzles were probably my favorite thing about this game. As I grew up, my family couldn't really afford consoles, so it was a while until I got the Game Cube and a copy of LoZ Ocarina o Time and Majora's Mask. These took my life and instilled a firm love for LoZ forever. I am a pretty big fan when it comes to this game, like, really. Twilight sword was just another beautiful addition to the franchise. I haven't played Skyward Sword yet, as I don't own a Wii. (LoZ and Smash bro.s would be the only thing I play on that, so waste of money to me. >_>)

1. Devil May Cry Series....... (Not number two)

This hack and slasher is my all time favorite. Dante is the ultimate bad ass character to me. Even Nhazul is based off him. (My fave stick figure character) The amount of time I have played these games can only be compared to LoZ. I am Hopelessly in love with this game. The fast pace and amount of accuracy needed to beat this game on the hardest difficulty can be staggering. I don't know about you guys, but I am to the point where I am using advanced skills of this game as though it were for beginners. I FLIPPING LOVE THIS GAME ! ! ! ! ! !

Here are some others that may or may not be rated the best, but are still good.

Jericho (Scary FPS)
Guitar hero 1-3 and Gods of Rock
Castle Crashers (Side scroller hack n slash, fun with friends)
Playstaion all stars Battle Royal (Like super smash bros, cept playstation)
The Last of Us (Sneaky zombie/human servival. Great online)
Call Of duty (Black ops 1/2) (Part one had an amazing story)
Super Smash Bros (Fun with friends or compete to be the best online)
Zone Of Enders (Mech suit game that doesn't suck)
Back to top Go down
http://marvelunlimited.forumotion.com/
Aaron
Aaron

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten list of Video Games Top Ten list of Video Games EmptyMon 05 Aug 2013, 11:37 pm

• Pokemon series.
  • Final Fantasy XIII.
  • Age of Empires II & The Conquerors Expansion.
  • The Sims series.
  • Call of Duty series (specifically CoD4, CoD:UO & CoD:MW2).
  • Zoo Tycoon series.
  • Gears of War series.
  • Soul Calibur series.
  • Saints Row series.
  • GTA series (excluding GTA & GTA IV).

In no particular order - and based on how much time I spent playing/enjoying the game, rather than actual game quality.
Back to top Go down
Dari's Angel
Dari's Angel

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten list of Video Games Top Ten list of Video Games EmptyMon 05 Aug 2013, 11:40 pm

Aaron, what the fuck is zoo tycoon? Do we need to have another bloody intervention? You troubled child.
Back to top Go down
Ulkira
Nukenin
Ulkira

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten list of Video Games Top Ten list of Video Games EmptyTue 06 Aug 2013, 12:34 pm

Winged Blade wrote:

Aaron, what the fuck is zoo tycoon? Do we need to have another bloody intervention? You troubled child.

Don't diss Zoo Tycoon. You're making me feel bad for having played it when I was younger.

:C
Back to top Go down
Dari's Angel
Dari's Angel

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten list of Video Games Top Ten list of Video Games EmptyTue 06 Aug 2013, 1:52 pm

Ulkira wrote:
Winged Blade wrote:

Don't diss Zoo Tycoon. You're making me feel bad for having played it when I was younger.

By younger, I hope we're talking 7-8. I'm 6, and I wouldn't touch those games. Top Ten list of Video Games 287405
Back to top Go down
Ulkira
Nukenin
Ulkira

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten list of Video Games Top Ten list of Video Games EmptyWed 07 Aug 2013, 5:59 am

Winged Blade wrote:
Ulkira wrote:
Winged Blade wrote:

By younger, I hope we're talking 7-8. I'm 6, and I wouldn't touch those games. Top Ten list of Video Games 287405
12. >_>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten list of Video Games Top Ten list of Video Games Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-