Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ultimate Shinobi Events....

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Ultimate Shinobi Events.... Vide
PostSubject: Ultimate Shinobi Events.... Ultimate Shinobi Events.... EmptyThu 13 Mar 2014, 4:32 pm

... Are utter shit.

To my recollection, there have been two major events since I joined the site just over a year ago. Let's look over what fiasco's they were.

Gift of the Gods

• The rewards: Three S-rank weapons supposedly crafted by the gods themselves, and you've got;

• A bag of wind that releases A-rank gusts for close to S-rank chakra cost, and can only be used once per topic.
    • A massive set of drums that took two posts to charge up two A-rank bolts, also for near S-rank chakra cost, and also once per topic.
    • A massive shield that explicitly required the strength SC to wield properly, could for a near S-rank level of chakra block a single A-rank or lower attack, and was utter rubbish against raiton (But had the saving grace of letting you absorb chakra from suiton attacks, making it literally the only worthwhile item here).

• The Activity: A painfully slow crawl as people who failed to post without making departure notices were not expediently worked around, but by far the longest delays were from the staff themselves.
  • End tally: The Konoha portion resulted in 2 deaths, and did not reach any sort of conclusion until 5 months after the start of the event. The Kumo portion resulted in 3 deaths, and did not reach completion until 4 months after the start of the event.

Whatever you want to call that clusterfuck intervillage event

• The rewards: A paltry 10 additional funds, and some "hidden" rewards that were to remain a secret until the end of the event, only to never see fruition.
  • The Activity: While some portions were able to finish in a timely fashion, ultimately, once again, the largest delays came at the hands of staff. One portion went on for so long, the very people involved in the event wanted it to be outright aborted. They were ignored, and it was only some 4-5 months later that the event reached any sort of conclusion.
  • The tally: 3 deaths, and one user outright quitting the site forever because of staff's crock.
  • Bonus Round: Users were "highly encouraged" to participate in the event, as failure to do so could "show an unwillingness to RP" and "may result in a character being archived."

So let's go over precisely what's wrong here.

• The rewards are utter crock and bull.
    The GotG resulted in mediocre weapons that only barely reached S-rank classification through backstory and powerful, but single-use effects. The following event had even more mediocre rewards, a paltry sum of funds that anyone worth their salt could get on their own time, plus the experience was poisoned by users being forced to "participate" or "complete" their events.
  • Staff activity is horrendous.
    As I said, by and far, the largest delays were caused by the staff members NPCing the particular events. So really, those two chuckle-fucks Adamn and Darius. This profound lack of expedience severely degraded any enthusiasm the participants might have had. The GotG events were dragged out for months, and as a result of staff feet-dragging in the other event, one player quit the site entirely, and several others were so far beyond done they simply wanted their events to be voided.

Now, here's where I offer you chuckle-mongers some suggestions on how to address this shite.

• Make the Rewards Matter

You want people to be really interested in those weapons? Make them the sort of shit a god would legitimately fear having used against them! And don't do some paltry extra funds for completing a topic; do some shit like outright doubling their exp or MP gain from the topic, or even bump them up to the next rank entirely.

And hell, maybe throw in some Bragging Rights rewards. Say you have an event where someone has to punch the Kyuubi in the dick. Those fancy little bars where it says "Jounin" or "Moderator" above a peep's profile pic? Give them a custom, exclusive title. "Kyuubi Dick Puncher" or some shit.

• Have a Freaking Plan

Know what each NPC is going to do across each portion of an event, and collaborate with other mods. Share notes and that sort of shite. So if one mudda fukka keep the ball rolling and in motion, so people don't lose interest, someone else can pick it up and hustle.

And FFS, maybe start having users agree to some sort of contract before they jump into events. "If I go inactive without posting a departure, I forfeit any control of my character for the remainder of the event. Go nuts." And for the flip side, "If a departure has been posted, they will still be NPCed for the remainder of the event, but will be exempt from having their character's life at risk, but will also forfeit the top prizes."

Nomsayin, mudda fukkas?
Back to top Go down
Caranore
Caranore

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Shinobi Events.... Ultimate Shinobi Events.... EmptyThu 13 Mar 2014, 4:44 pm

As much as I want to argue with Travis and just cause drama in a thread....

What he said.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.com
Kris
Kris

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Shinobi Events.... Ultimate Shinobi Events.... EmptyThu 13 Mar 2014, 4:53 pm

I totally agree.
Back to top Go down
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Shinobi Events.... Ultimate Shinobi Events.... EmptyThu 13 Mar 2014, 6:26 pm

I get what you are saying, and I am already working on Events for Konoha that should be able to adapt to how much activity there will be, as well as work with different kinds of people so no one will have to be left out for personal reasons in terms of character.

But yeah, I do agree with you.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Shinobi Events.... Ultimate Shinobi Events.... EmptyFri 14 Mar 2014, 12:50 am

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
John

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Shinobi Events.... Ultimate Shinobi Events.... EmptyFri 14 Mar 2014, 2:18 am

Agree with most of your thoughts but doubling EXP or MP for completing an event? That's a bit over the top. Shocked 
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.org
Cross
Cross

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Shinobi Events.... Ultimate Shinobi Events.... EmptyFri 14 Mar 2014, 2:24 am

12/10 would agree
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Shinobi Events.... Ultimate Shinobi Events.... EmptyFri 14 Mar 2014, 4:21 am

John wrote:
Agree with most of your thoughts but doubling EXP or MP for completing an event? That's a bit over the top. Shocked 

Doubling the exp GAINED. Like, if you score a 17 on the eval, it gets doubled to a 34. That type shite. And nobody is going to give a jack-shit damn about an event if the rewards aren't significant. You want to promote activity? Give them some meaningful incentive.
Back to top Go down
Strawberry
Strawberry

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Shinobi Events.... Ultimate Shinobi Events.... EmptyFri 14 Mar 2014, 4:44 am

I agree.

I particularly love this:

Quote :
And hell, maybe throw in some Bragging Rights rewards. Say you have an event where someone has to punch the Kyuubi in the dick. Those fancy little bars where it says "Jounin" or "Moderator" above a peep's profile pic? Give them a custom, exclusive title. "Kyuubi Dick Puncher" or some shit.

It's brilliant!
Back to top Go down
Tsumi Buredo
Tsumi Buredo

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Shinobi Events.... Ultimate Shinobi Events.... EmptyFri 14 Mar 2014, 5:16 am

+1 to everything here.
Back to top Go down
Søren
Nukenin

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Shinobi Events.... Ultimate Shinobi Events.... EmptyFri 14 Mar 2014, 9:51 am

Quote :

lol'd

Yeah I agree with everything you said. Plots are what make story lines evolve, they help build up your characters and change them, you can have personal topics but they aren't half the fun.
Back to top Go down
Kite
Kumo Nin
Kite

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Shinobi Events.... Ultimate Shinobi Events.... EmptyFri 14 Mar 2014, 10:46 am

I agree with this, though I do want to say that being part of the GotG event (and the winner of said event) that Darius was not the reason for the slow progress of that thread. There were numerous times where the actual participants violated the 48 hour rule that we had all agreed upon, though for us it was largely fine due to the fact that we let each other know via skype or PMs and as such the event moved smoothly for all of us, even if it did take quite a while.

I don't know about this other more recent event though so perhaps things changed in how staff approached events and I do not know about Konoha's portion of the GotG event. I do know that by the time Konoha and Kumo had finished GotG that the third portion was just outright dropped due to the fact that no one really had any interested.

I completely agree with Travis on the fact that the rewards are hardly worth the effort, frustration, and risk to the characters involved. I understand this is a Naruto RP site and that a good portion of staff would love to see more lethal combat, but forcing people into events and twisting their arm to risk their characters that they have spent so much time and energy building up without offering a good reward is not the way to do it.

It's to the point now that I think when most people think about events they groan and try to get out of it. I know that can be frustrating for people who try to plan these events and run them, but really there's no one to blame except for the ones who make the rules.

Good show Travis, you made your point beautifully.
Back to top Go down
Adam
The Boss
Adam

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Shinobi Events.... Ultimate Shinobi Events.... EmptySat 15 Mar 2014, 9:01 am

BK-201 wrote:
... Are utter shit.

Ultimate Shinobi Events.... Tumblr_maejtfQM7O1r3nkzc

BK-201 wrote:
The rewards: Three S-rank weapons supposedly crafted by the gods themselves, and you've got;

A bag of wind that releases A-rank gusts for close to S-rank chakra cost, and can only be used once per topic.
A massive set of drums that took two posts to charge up two A-rank bolts, also for near S-rank chakra cost, and also once per topic.
A massive shield that explicitly required the strength SC to wield properly, could for a near S-rank level of chakra block a single A-rank or lower attack, and was utter rubbish against raiton (But had the saving grace of letting you absorb chakra from suiton attacks, making it literally the only worthwhile item here).

The rewards were accessible to anybody regardless of their rank, specialties or elements. They weren't the greatest weapons to grace the site but fair enough considering anybody had the ability to wield them.

BK-201 wrote:
The Activity: A painfully slow crawl as people who failed to post without making departure notices were not expediently worked around, but by far the longest delays were from the staff themselves.

I cannot speak for Darius as I cannot recall how his thread went down. I know there were incredibly tiresome absences in his thread that resulted in very few people even getting to the stage we had planned to and he had to abruptly end it to get it out the way. Personally, I did my best to power through it, despite the fact that I had considerable delays both from the participants in the thread and from myself.

BK-201 wrote:
The rewards: A paltry 10 additional funds, and some "hidden" rewards that were to remain a secret until the end of the event, only to never see fruition

Not to mention the fact that Event threads are allowed to be submitted for evaluation which can result in abundance of points. Those 'paltry' AF are practically participation awards, which shouldn't be anything massive in the first place. As for the Hidden Rewards, I can't comment too much on that either. I had one planned out for one of my threads which concluded awkwardly and in no way I had planned it while Darius never mentioned any others ones to me or why they weren't handed out. Towards the end most people just wanted to be done with that event.

BK-201 wrote:
The Activity: While some portions were able to finish in a timely fashion, ultimately, once again, the largest delays came at the hands of staff. One portion went on for so long, the very people involved in the event wanted it to be outright aborted. They were ignored, and it was only some 4-5 months later that the event reached any sort of conclusion.

Although some of the issues in the thread weren't on me, which are what initially caused delays. The massive delay at the end was entirely on me and a regrettable and unprofessional display of management on my behalf.

BK-201 wrote:
The tally: 3 deaths, and one user outright quitting the site forever because of staff's crock.

Completely on Zack and Lilium for how that topic was treated, both couldn't keep their personal disliking towards one another out of handling it like adults. Second time Lilium has 'quit forever'. Strong everything.

BK-201 wrote:
Bonus Round: Users were "highly encouraged" to participate in the event, as failure to do so could "show an unwillingness to RP" and "may result in a character being archived."

We were having an activity check after the event, which was something people were nagging staff for and talking about how we never had events. We tried to twist peoples arms into joining it, sure. But it was blown out of proportion because Branden chucked a hissy fit and decided to also 'leave forever' (34 days). His topic garnered a worse reaction than the belief of us archiving people for not applying.

Ultimate Shinobi Events.... Giphy
Now with that shit out the way, I can get to progressing the topic.

BK-201 wrote:
Make the Rewards Matter

You want people to be really interested in those weapons? Make them the sort of shit a god would legitimately fear having used against them! And don't do some paltry extra funds for completing a topic; do some shit like outright doubling their exp or MP gain from the topic, or even bump them up to the next rank entirely.

Making rewards better and having them be more motivating for people to enter the threads is definitely something I can get behind. Zack just beta-tested a bit of an idea which was pretty much completing certain side objectives within an event to earn extra funds. This sort of thing means there are more points up for grabs. As for exclusive items, we'll try to be a little more lenient in the future, but I think my reasoning for the Gift of the God weapons listed above was pretty justified.

BK-201 wrote:

I can get behind anything that means more work for John. Wink I'm for giving away things like this, it's simple enough and will give members a level of individuality.

BK-201 wrote:
Have a Freaking Plan

Know what each NPC is going to do across each portion of an event, and collaborate with other mods. Share notes and that sort of shite. So if one mudda fukka keep the ball rolling and in motion, so people don't lose interest, someone else can pick it up and hustle.

And FFS, maybe start having users agree to some sort of contract before they jump into events. "If I go inactive without posting a departure, I forfeit any control of my character for the remainder of the event. Go nuts." And for the flip side, "If a departure has been posted, they will still be NPCed for the remainder of the event, but will be exempt from having their character's life at risk, but will also forfeit the top prizes."

For the whole map out what the NPC's are doing, we do. For example the Wanted: Aibori Kaguya mission from the Setting the Stage event had everything planned, but as soon as we got to the part where the shinobi were supposed to come at me they imploded and attacked each other. We had Kiri acting as if it's main objective wasn't even the mission but metagame the knowledge of a Jinchuuriki and capture it and we had Konoha and Kiri trading blows while the person they were all there to actually capture/kill to complete the mission sat there wondering what the fuck was going on. It's hard to plan for things as an event manager when people take an unexpected path.

As for the contracts part of your post, funny you suggest that but shit on the part about 'not participating in the event could be considered in our activity check'. Regardless, it's something I can get behind if it means progression of the event topics.

Lastly, something that wasn't mentioned in the topic but I feel obligated to bring up seeing as it has significant relevance. Darius and I have over the past few weeks toyed with the idea of adding Event Moderators whose primary job would be to create and manage the events. Darius and I have attempted to moderate overwhelmingly huge 'multi-thread' events on top of all our other administration duties in the past. Having people dedicated to this job would be a step in the right direction in my opinion.

Anybody interested should keep an eye out for the Moderator Sign-Ups thread to see when spots are open.
Back to top Go down
Caranore
Caranore

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Shinobi Events.... Ultimate Shinobi Events.... EmptySat 15 Mar 2014, 7:24 pm

Not the point being made Adam. You just clarified why shit happened. That doesn't help anything EXCEPT the last statement about the Event Mods.

Which is a good idea and all, except for one problem. Everything needs to be run through you and Darius first, which means youre STILL taking on just as much work to get events moving because you need to review, change, monitor, and mod the events before they even go out.

At which point the Event Mods are just going to give up because the ideas they have need to be edited to your exact specifications, or the community just wont RP in them, because of the previously mentioned points Travis brought up which are as follows:

• Rewards are utter crap half the time. Ohhh ahhhh points. Thats all the rewards normally are now. Its not enough, nor does it make us WANT to take part in an event
  • Activity. That goes not only for events, but EVERY topic. Im the perfect example. Josi ended up waiting almost a week and half for my ending post.

The other problem with the forum in general is everyone is just boring. I'm sorry Rukasu for calling you out specifically, but I am almost 100% positive he is the first non event oriented, player killed death on the site. Not suicide, or crap like that. He is pretty much the legit first actual kill on the site. In 5 years, FIVE, only one person has been actually killed that isnt related to suicide or an event? That is pitiful, especially on a NARUTO site. Shit, in the shinobi world people are barely giving birth faster than people are dying.

The other point I want to point out is that there is NO conflict. Members cant even START conflict. Trey can not take his Chuunin to Kumo, kill people and start a war. You guys just will not let that happen. Its like playing WoW. I am 100% positive that in the timeline of the site (since Fox's character has remained the same exact one since the start) nothing has changed. WTFlash(I think. It was him or Dan) burned down half of Konoha's forest and no one stopped it. So... why the hell isnt half of Konoha's forest still burnt down? You guys havent changed the timeline, so you IGNORED what he did. Thats the other reason people dont go after events. Ultimately, our actions as a member do not count.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.com
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Shinobi Events.... Ultimate Shinobi Events.... EmptySun 16 Mar 2014, 2:31 am

And things were going so well until Caranore started ranting.
Back to top Go down
Kite
Kumo Nin
Kite

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Shinobi Events.... Ultimate Shinobi Events.... EmptySun 16 Mar 2014, 2:47 am

Caranore wrote:
Not the point being made Adam. You just clarified why shit happened. That doesn't help anything EXCEPT the last statement about the Event Mods.

I think it's perfectly reasonable for someone to explain their side of a story especially if the OP is heavily slanted against them. Adam is merely explaining things from his perspective and honestly that can only help in reaching a solution or a compromise.

Caranore wrote:
Which is a good idea and all, except for one problem. Everything needs to be run through you and Darius first, which means youre STILL taking on just as much work to get events moving because you need to review, change, monitor, and mod the events before they even go out.

At which point the Event Mods are just going to give up because the ideas they have need to be edited to your exact specifications, or the community just wont RP in them, because of the previously mentioned points Travis brought up which are as follows:

Even if the event mods have to go through Darius and Adam or Zack or whoever else, having people dedicated to typing up the posts and stuff would probably help speed events up. Although I do agree that the more autonomy given to these Event Mods, the faster things will progress.

Caranore wrote:

• Rewards are utter crap half the time. Ohhh ahhhh points. Thats all the rewards normally are now. Its not enough, nor does it make us WANT to take part in an event
  • Activity. That goes not only for events, but EVERY topic. Im the perfect example. Josi ended up waiting almost a week and half for my ending post.

The other problem with the forum in general is everyone is just boring. I'm sorry Rukasu for calling you out specifically, but I am almost 100% positive he is the first non event oriented, player killed death on the site. Not suicide, or crap like that. He is pretty much the legit first actual kill on the site. In 5 years, FIVE, only one person has been actually killed that isnt related to suicide or an event? That is pitiful, especially on a NARUTO site. Shit, in the shinobi world people are barely giving birth faster than people are dying.

Not true, there have been other player deaths. One of my characters killed a missing ninja with the help of a fellow villager for trespassing and attacking us when we were performing our duties as guards (aka asking him to identify himself). And just because YOU like the idea of killing other people and find that enjoyable doesn't mean others do. I know a fair amount of people on this site who prefer the social side of RPing rather than combat driven threads.

Caranore wrote:
The other point I want to point out is that there is NO conflict. Members cant even START conflict. Trey can not take his Chuunin to Kumo, kill people and start a war. You guys just will not let that happen. Its like playing WoW. I am 100% positive that in the timeline of the site (since Fox's character has remained the same exact one since the start) nothing has changed. WTFlash(I think. It was him or Dan) burned down half of Konoha's forest and no one stopped it. So... why the hell isnt half of Konoha's forest still burnt down? You guys havent changed the timeline, so you IGNORED what he did. Thats the other reason people dont go after events. Ultimately, our actions as a member do not count.

Personally I have never seen staff directly try to interfere with starting conflicts outside of those who were appointed as Kages. IC wise it makes sense as for a long time the generally accepted political state for the site is that the three villages have been in a rather long-standing "cold war".
Back to top Go down
Adam
The Boss
Adam

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Shinobi Events.... Ultimate Shinobi Events.... EmptySun 16 Mar 2014, 2:59 am

BK-201 wrote:
And things were going so well until Caranore started ranting.

Ultimate Shinobi Events.... Smile-and-nod

Caranore wrote:
Not the point being made Adam. You just clarified why shit happened.

Right, which was the entire point of what I was saying. Travis listed a bunch of reasons, some of which needed clarification as to why they went down but all in all I was admitting on behalf of myself and the staff involved in events that they have been lackluster.

Ultimate Shinobi Events.... Confused-Jacksonville-Jaguars-fan-in-stands

Caranore wrote:

Refer to gif above. When did I say nothing would get put up without the approval of Darius and myself? That's the entire point of having the Event Moderators. If I could keep tabs on them, all the better but we wouldn't be holding events back for the sake of Dari and myself. This would defeat the purpose of even palming off this job.

Caranore wrote:
Activity. That goes not only for events, but EVERY topic. Im the perfect example. Josi ended up waiting almost a week and half for my ending post.

Well there isn't much we can do about this, Vito. We can try to motivate people as much as possible. We have certain roleplaying incentives every month for people to gain more points or rewards. I'd argue that Josi would be one of the people here you'd be motivated to roleplay with on the site more than any other as he's a part of your circle of friends yet you fail to post hastily for him too. Whether it's your commitments to your responsibilities on the Magi site or flat out procrastination, I have no idea. But in the end if you or anybody is not motivated to post regardless of how many objectives, incentives and rewards I may throw at them.

Caranore wrote:

Ultimate Shinobi Events.... Tumblr_mgqjur3oDt1qg0lbvo1_500

This shit pisses me off more than any other. People with their exaggerations talking as if they've been here since day one and know everything about the site. You joined four or five months after the first sites creation Caranore and there had already been a handful of deaths at the point. There were plenty on the first site because it was extremely battle orientated. There have been a handful of deaths on the forum too, even ones that you would surely know about but seemingly refuse to acknowledge or have forgotten about. Regardless of which one it invalidates your arguement. Seika killed Kija back in the day when she went to join the Shantakai. Surely you remember that ordeal? Even if the deaths are in events, so what? So long as they're legitimate. Ruka and TNT had a good fight that resulted in Ruka's death if I'm not mistaken.

Of course, you have one accurate point despite how much you may have inflated your basis for it. Death isn't as common as it should be on this site. I cannot say I blame people for not wanting to have their characters killed off when this character has a massive focus on growing your characters and trying to get people to be dedicated to their characters so they don't drop activity. Heck, the restrictions in place for criminals these days is scary. It's why I've openly opposed the Prisons and Punishments system because I feel like it's just another constraint on those who want to stir up a bit of trouble and create a bit of interesting conflict on the site.

Caranore wrote:

Members can do this shit if they so please but I doubt Trey going and killing one Kumo ninja is going to prompt an all out war. As for Konoha's situation, I don't recall Flash doing anything of the sort nor was it ever brought to my attention. I try to keep up on the significant threads where I can but obviously that's a lot of threads across three villages. I know that when you talk about the impact members can make it's hard to put that into full effect. Heck, one person makes a thread in Konoha says it's a hot summer day and the other says it's been raining for the whole week. There is a lot of significant information that is missed out on because the members don't keep up with the threads. The best way to combat that this as far I can think of would be to have a thread similar to the Site Updates which is updates about the IC world. But this sort of information means members need to make submissions to staff members so they are aware of what's happened and can determine whether or not it's significant enough to post as an update.

Last edited by Adam on Sun 16 Mar 2014, 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kris
Kris

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Shinobi Events.... Ultimate Shinobi Events.... EmptySun 16 Mar 2014, 3:21 am

Umm...

Last edited by Kris on Sun 16 Mar 2014, 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Shinobi Events.... Ultimate Shinobi Events.... EmptySun 16 Mar 2014, 7:46 am

Quote :
Activity. That goes not only for events, but EVERY topic. Im the perfect example. Josi ended up waiting almost a week and half for my ending post.

Ultimate Shinobi Events.... Tumblr_inline_mgne9lkJ8T1qbfko4

Wait wait. So Josi had to wait for you to reply for a solo thread because the site is boring ? I am not entirely sure what real of logic you are prescribing to, but that one's all on you. If you can't keep a solo thread interesting it is not the fault of the site but the two participants of the thread, namely you. I'm pretty sure you are the only person on the site that comes to that basic conclusion.

That is all.

Ultimate Shinobi Events.... Spkyrll

Back to top Go down
Anna
Anna

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Shinobi Events.... Ultimate Shinobi Events.... EmptySun 16 Mar 2014, 8:27 am

BK-201 wrote:
John wrote:

Doubling the exp GAINED. Like, if you score a 17 on the eval, it gets doubled to a 34. That type shite. And nobody is going to give a jack-shit damn about an event if the rewards aren't significant. You want to promote activity? Give them some meaningful incentive.

I like earning extra EXP in threads but I guess rather than doubling the amount earned, maybe apply a 40% bonus to the amount earned. So say you get 16 exp for an eval, apply 40% and you get 6.4 points. Round it down to 6. Heck that's 6 extra points! Its not double the points earned and just enough points to give a little beneficial boost. I personally would join a topic if it provided me with 6+ more points but that's just me I guess. I'm also personally not too interested in these weapons you speak of but then again I haven't seen them to know any better otherwise.

BK-201 wrote:

+1 to this for sure!

TOPKite wrote:

I completely agree with Travis on the fact that the rewards are hardly worth the effort, frustration, and risk to the characters involved. I understand this is a Naruto RP site and that a good portion of staff would love to see more lethal combat, but forcing people into events and twisting their arm to risk their characters that they have spent so much time and energy building up without offering a good reward is not the way to do it.

I agree with not forcing people into events. I'm not sure what happened way back when but I personally would hate to feel forced into any event.

Adam wrote:

Making rewards better and having them be mre motivating for people to enter the threads is definitely something I can get boehind. Zack just beta-tested a bit of an idea which was pretty much completing certain side objectives within an event to earn extra funds. This sort of thing means there are more points up for grabs. As for exclusive items, we'll try to be a little more lenient in the future, but I think my reasoning for the Gift of the God weapons listed above was pretty justified.

I was so happy to join the topic to earn those point achievements and now we are never getting those points, only a regular eval. This make Seika unhappy for not upholding the "promise". :C 

Adam wrote:

Seika killed Kija back in the day when she went to join the Shantakai

True story.

Adam wrote:

Heck, one person makes a thread in Konoha says it's a hot summer day and the other says it's been raining for the whole week. There is a lot of significant information that is missed out on because the members don't keep up with the threads. The best way to combat that this as far I can think of would be to have a thread similar to the Site Updates which is updates about the IC world.

On the old forum we rped on (Mura of Shinobi?) we had a weather widget in the side bar that we updated on a weekly basis. What if you guys created a thread and updated the weather on a weekly basis so topics could be more consistent. Of course if the topic drags on for a month a better, it's obvious the weather would be different from when it started, but maybe state that the topic creation sets the stage and if it's raining that particular week then either A) it keeps raining throughout the topic or B) it mostly rains then starts to slowly stop. Something like that.

Last edited by Seika on Sun 16 Mar 2014, 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kris
Kris

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Shinobi Events.... Ultimate Shinobi Events.... EmptySun 16 Mar 2014, 9:25 am

I love you all dearly, and I think we are going somewhere with this. But let's all agree to disagree...on the controversial subjects and things of the past. I try to read the damn topic, but all I see is BS.

If you can't simply AGREE or DISAGRE, than just...

Ultimate Shinobi Events.... Shut_up_gif

(P.S. I love you Adam, because I know you will probs say something about me posting this.)

Back to top Go down
Anna
Anna

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Shinobi Events.... Ultimate Shinobi Events.... EmptySun 16 Mar 2014, 9:31 am

I was hoping to help get everyone back on track of the point of this topic too before it started to derail into fingers being pointed and what not. Everything Kris said  Ultimate Shinobi Events.... 287405 
Back to top Go down
Adam
The Boss
Adam

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Shinobi Events.... Ultimate Shinobi Events.... EmptySun 16 Mar 2014, 9:43 am

What's back on topic though?

Travis made some great points that were either already acknowledged by the staff or will now be taken on board by the staff.

We will be attempting to bring some Event Moderators into the picture so events flow smoother in the future.

Sounds like this topics ready to be solved if you ask me. Ultimate Shinobi Events.... 287405
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Shinobi Events.... Ultimate Shinobi Events.... EmptySun 16 Mar 2014, 9:47 am

Aw, but I haven't even called anyone a mother fucker yet  Sad 
Back to top Go down
Adam
The Boss
Adam

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Shinobi Events.... Ultimate Shinobi Events.... EmptySun 16 Mar 2014, 9:48 am

BK-201 wrote:
Aw, but I haven't even called anyone a mother fucker yet  Sad 

Go on Trav, tell this motherfucker to solve it. Ultimate Shinobi Events.... 287405
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Shinobi Events.... Ultimate Shinobi Events.... Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-