Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Faker
Nukenin

Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Vide
PostSubject: Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 4:46 am

Not being as old as some of you guys on the site, I take the time to look up certain things here that most of you may already know. However, my experience with this site so far as been confusing to say the least. Let me show you what I'm talking about, the problem and a well thought out solution. If you disagree, then feel free to post and let me know where we can work together to change the solution for the better. I don't disagree with everything here, but some of this needs to be cleaned up.

Link to technology on US

'Glass is rare, so most houses have wooden shutters on the windows or no built-in covering at all. Home-made covering, such as curtains, are common even in the absence of shutters. Metals are rarely, if ever used in construction as they aren’t in large supply and reserved for weaponry and armor-type uses (such as thin metal plating on the backside of a glove).'

Just no. This is old, outdated and should be changed. I know US is set in a different timeline, but the time line from cannon Naruto is so much more advanced than this, without having the pressure of too much technology being a burden. They have glass windows. There's nothing wrong with glass windows and we should be able to have them.

Here are some examples of glass windows being common in Naruto, Part 1.

Kakashi's apartment Has glass window that opens up to let in fresh air. He also has a light fixture at the top with a string hanging down for late night vision which means he has fluorescent lighting which in turn means this lighting is easy to find and available in most homes.

Mirrors also exist and so do light bulbs for night time usage in common urinals/bathrooms. These are public places whether for ninja or citizens (I doubt the leaf would provide better housing for ninja just because they're ninja. The ninja population is a small percentage of the actual population of the village seeing as ninja service as police of village and country affairs).

Sasuke also has a better apartment than Kakashi. It's most notably
bigger, has a very large sliding glass door that leads to a patio, a personal television, a nice full-sized bed, air conditioning vent and furniture inside and out.

The post here also says that metals are rare and they are not, and they are used commonly in construction even in Konoha which has one of the most oldest styles of modernization.

There are metals used in buildings for piping to move water and waste from top floors down (and fresh water up). Metal is also used in Sasuke's apartment and Kakashi's for the fixtures that hold the lighting in place. Metal is also used in the plumbing of this toilet and is also used in the top part of it to recycle the water for hand-washing after you flush. If any of you know anything about Japanese restrooms you'd know these type of toilet sinks are common, and seeing that Jiraiya and Naruto aren't in the fanciest of hotels/apartments that Tanzaku Gai is not far off from Konoha's structure.

None of these metals or glasses ever changed anything in Konoha or ever made it too technologically advanced. I would say Naruto part 1 (and for part 2) is set in 1940-30's Japan.

Comparisons. Naruto Japan

Naruto Japan

Each village has its own type of architecture and is clearly different from one another. The villages here are Leaf, Cloud and Mist.

http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/454/1 - We can see that the limitations posed by the architecture is far off from what it should be.

I am aware that we are supposed to be behind, but we really shouldn't be behind at all. It doesn't do anything to help us and it always sets me back when I am describing things. When I think of Naruto before I make a post, I always have to stop myself, go back three or four decades and imagine what the ninja village would be like before the cannon setting. The setting of the site should be similar to that of the manga itself, it creates a burden on new role players like myself, because it forces us to come up with a world that doesn't exist in the manga this is based off of.

Plus a lot of the descriptions in the village areas imply that the site is not set back in time. These descriptions are more current to the way the manga is set.

Mist Village wrote:
Kenkyū Kaihatsu (研究開発; Literally meaning "Research And Development") is one of the most important institutions within Kirigakure. Also know as the Bloody Mist, Kirigakure has striven to better and better their grasp and understanding of shinobi based technology, wanting to always come out with the best and most advanced shinobi tools. Thus the Kenkyū Kaihatsu was developed. This is a series of buildings that actually branch under the ground and form top secret labs. Kirigakure's medical corps are also tightly connected to the Kenkyū Kaihatsu factions, using their advanced studies and materials to create differing toxins for combat use

Cloud Village wrote:
Always one to display his goods and luck, the Second Raikage constructed a beautiful theatre. Structurally, this amphitheatre seats 500 people, the design circular, opulent and bold. It is a favourite destination by most as it offers displays of music, theatre, and demonstrational fighting for its viewers.

Leaf Village wrote:
This is the building where all shinobi began their journey. With it's large classrooms, spacious outdoor physical training facility, and organized grouping; Konohagakure no Sato is quite efficient with their teachings. Many students flock themselves around this area for both play and work. A swing attached to a tree in font of the building, oddly enough, never ceases to whither down.

We should be able to have toilets with plumbing, able to create a social topic to invite ninja out to talk about life or anything to that matter. The way the site is set up goes totally against these types of topics and I would wager that most people on the site do not follow these guidelines because you write thinking about where the manga is set and that setting comes naturally. Here are my proposed changes that mods can read and edit.

Spoiler:

As you can see the changes are not that drastic only attempt to smoothen the image of the site with the image of the cannon as well. I believe the site should be as transparent as possible with the setting created in the manga, or offer visuals that help aid the old-school design that they wish to convey.

All of the images on the site convey a cannon setting for the site as a description of what the village should look like. The current setting of the site in place does not directly represent that image. Basically, the site contradicts itself.

Thank you for reading this lengthy post and please offer steps we can take to clear up the confusing paradigm set by the sites timeline and the images of the cannon settings used to describe the village.

TLDR: We should not be in old Naruto that never existed but a setting closer to the manga.

Last edited by Izayah on Mon 02 Jun 2014, 12:40 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 4:49 am

+1
Back to top Go down
Faker
Nukenin

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 4:52 am

Please ignore the code it got all jacked up

EDIT fixed

Last edited by Izayah on Mon 02 Jun 2014, 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ace
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 4:58 am

I agree with this now that I have seen this topic. Didn't even know it existed to be honest but now that I read through it I do believe that these things should be updated to a more modern way. Tbh even with this topic I would of probably still RP as if these common things did existed in US (such as metal, mirrors etc). I don't think going out, and lowering your pants to take a dump hidden behind a tree should be normal.

ignore that last sentence, I just imagined a character doing it for some reason and could not stop myself from writing it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.com
Anna
Anna

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 5:28 am

+1
Back to top Go down
Cross
Cross

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 7:13 am

lifeanddeath wrote:
+1
 COOKIE! 
Back to top Go down
Tsumi Buredo
Tsumi Buredo

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 7:53 am

+1
Back to top Go down
Kite
Kumo Nin
Kite

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 11:12 am

+1

As has been stated before on numerous occassions. This site is set in an Alternate Universe and has little to do with the manga beyond common setting and themes. The history is not even the same (as a real history for a lot of things has yet to be decided) I personally never read too much into the technology page due to the fact that I figured it just mirrored the series. I agree 100% with Izayah, the technological advancement of the site should match the setting that we all have grown to know through reading/watching the series. As he pointed out, not many people seem to follow these guidelines, at least from my own personal experience.
Back to top Go down
CleverYamanaka
Wanderer
CleverYamanaka

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 1:05 pm

Love this guy, srs.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 2:07 pm

Can't wait for tanks, the internet and cellphones.

Stealing ideas for ingoo, are we Zack?  Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi 815275 
Back to top Go down
MsMoney
Wanderer
MsMoney

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 3:03 pm

+ 1
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 5:04 pm

I hate everyone in this thread and everything you're trying to do.

Just kidding, harharhar
Back to top Go down
Faker
Nukenin

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 6:35 pm

I can't even see that small font,

ty copy/paste
Back to top Go down
Wind
Wind

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 6:53 pm

-1. I think technology is fine where it's at. We don't need spy satalites, we have ninjas. Our job isn't supposed to be easy, that's why you start training at such a long age, in hopes of being a good ninja by the time you're an adult.

Also, I play an Inuzuka and would rather live in the woods. Technology bad, trees good!
Back to top Go down
Kite
Kumo Nin
Kite

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 6:57 pm

Wind wrote:
-1.  I think technology is fine where it's at.  We don't need spy satalites, we have ninjas.  Our job isn't supposed to be easy, that's why you start training at such a long age, in hopes of being a good ninja by the time you're an adult.

Also, I play an Inuzuka and would rather live in the woods.  Technology bad, trees good!

I don't know whether you are trolling or not.

He's not asking for spy satellites. He's basically just saying to make the setting of US match that of the Manga rather than have it in a period where glass windows are apparently too advanced for our tiny pea-sized brains.
Back to top Go down
Faker
Nukenin

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 7:07 pm

TOPKite wrote:
Wind wrote:
-1.  I think technology is fine where it's at.  We don't need spy satalites, we have ninjas.  Our job isn't supposed to be easy, that's why you start training at such a long age, in hopes of being a good ninja by the time you're an adult.

Also, I play an Inuzuka and would rather live in the woods.  Technology bad, trees good!

He's not asking for spy satellites. He's basically just saying to make the setting of US match that of the Manga rather than have it in a period where glass windows are apparently too advanced for our tiny pea-sized brains.

My ninja. afro 
Back to top Go down
Fujiwara
Fujiwara

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 7:09 pm

TOPKite wrote:
Wind wrote:

He's trolling.
 COOKIE! 
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 7:12 pm

Fujiwara wrote:
TOPKite wrote:
Wind wrote:

He's trolling.
 COOKIE! 

Doubt it.
I get how we should be as advanced as in the Manga, though at that point, there is really no telling what we could do. I mean, someone made tank jokes, though we have seen highly advanced ballista in that one retarded movie, seen people fire actual guns in the fillers and saw how people pretty much made fully robotic puppets and lazerbeam shit as was the case with Pein. Just saying, shit happened.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 7:27 pm

You think TANKS WERE A JOKE? lolno.jpg

I have some fine Italian craftsmen awaiting for my signal to build some awesome tanks.
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 7:28 pm

Chris wrote:

I have some fine Italian craftsmen awaiting for my signal to build some awesome tanks.

Better get dem German Tanks.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 7:29 pm

Hiruzen wrote:
Chris wrote:

Better get dem German Tanks.

D: But I want to be able to shoot whilst driving back faster than you can drive forward in your tanks.
Back to top Go down
Kite
Kumo Nin
Kite

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 8:00 pm

Hiruzen wrote:
Fujiwara wrote:
TOPKite wrote:
Wind wrote:

He's trolling.
 COOKIE! 

Doubt it.
I get how we should be as advanced as in the Manga, though at that point, there is really no telling what we could do. I mean, someone made tank jokes, though we have seen highly advanced ballista in that one retarded movie, seen people fire actual guns in the fillers and saw how people pretty much made fully robotic puppets and lazerbeam shit as was the case with Pein. Just saying, shit happened.

This is why we have creation mods to keep such stuff from happening. But to have it so we are too primitive for the likes of windows and plumbing is a tad over the top, don't you think?
Back to top Go down
Faker
Nukenin

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 8:48 pm

Technically a number of massive topics that you guys have participated in couldn't happen on US by these standards (masquerade ball, etc).

When you role play and the mods aren't dinging your points for incorrect setting, it means not even the mods recognize the setting set by the site.

1. Seems here a majority of role players didn't know or don't like it.
2. Mods aren't killing our evaluation topics over it.

There's no need to keep it.
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 9:29 pm

Just to clarify any misconceptions, whilst the social or medical applications of technology might increase, it's usage in weaponry or combat situations would be strictly limited to much, if not exactly, the same standard it is now.

Back to top Go down
Wind
Wind

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi EmptyTue 03 Jun 2014, 4:26 am

Hiruzen wrote:
Doubt it.

Yeah, this.  I'm completely serious.  And Spy Satellites was, what we professionals call, extreme exaggeration.   My point still remains.  While there is a lot I'd love to see changed on this forum, the level of technology is not one of them.  We are ninjas.  We have jutsu.  We don't need technological toys to make our job easier.

Far as I know, my ninja has access to windows and toilets. I saw nothing saying they did not exist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-