Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
Faker
Nukenin

Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi - Page 2 EmptyTue 03 Jun 2014, 4:32 am

Quote :
Far as I know, my ninja has access to windows and toilets. I saw nothing saying they did not exist.

The technology post specifically says these things CANNOT EXIST.

Please read the thread before commenting. I am trying to create the world that you are already familiar with, nothing more
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi - Page 2 EmptyTue 03 Jun 2014, 4:33 am

Technology on US via Plots & Events wrote:
    While stone is used in construction, such as for building walls and even bridges, most homes are built using wood. Glass is rare, so most houses have wooden shutters on the windows or no built-in covering at all. Home-made covering, such as curtains, are common even in the absence of shutters. Metals are rarely, if ever used in construction as they aren’t in large supply and reserved for weaponry and armor-type uses (such as thin metal plating on the backside of a glove).

Izayah wrote:
    Technically a number of massive topics that you guys have participated in couldn't happen on US by these standards (masquerade ball, etc).

When you role play and the mods aren't dinging your points for incorrect setting, it means not even the mods recognize the setting set by the site.

1. Seems here a majority of role players didn't know or don't like it.
    2. Mods aren't killing our evaluation topics over it.

There's no need to keep it.

lifeanddeath wrote:
    Just to clarify any misconceptions, whilst the social or medical applications of technology might increase, it's usage in weaponry or combat situations would be strictly limited to much, if not exactly, the same standard it is now. 

Wind wrote:
    We don't need technological toys to make our job easier.

Far as I know, my ninja has access to windows and toilets.  I saw nothing saying they did not exist.  

Dolan

So long story short, thank you for proving exactly how unneeded it is.

Back to top Go down
Wind
Wind

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi - Page 2 EmptyTue 03 Jun 2014, 4:49 am

Mister Important wrote:
Please read the thread before commenting. I am trying to create the world that you are already familiar with, nothing more

There's already enough rules on this forum, please don't think I'm going to follow yours as well. I have read the post, and no where did I see "Toilets and windows are forbidden". Why don't you go ahead and throw up a nice little quote of those exact words. Or maybe go read the thread again before posting.  Wink 
Back to top Go down
Faker
Nukenin

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi - Page 2 EmptyTue 03 Jun 2014, 4:51 am

Damn 10/10 would read again, best troll US
Back to top Go down
Wind
Wind

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi - Page 2 EmptyTue 03 Jun 2014, 5:00 am

Thank you, thank you. I will be here all week. Don't forget to tip your servers, they do the real work around here.
Back to top Go down
Faker
Nukenin

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi - Page 2 EmptyTue 03 Jun 2014, 5:03 am

Brilliant, you got me good
Back to top Go down
Kite
Kumo Nin
Kite

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi - Page 2 EmptyTue 03 Jun 2014, 8:54 am

Wind wrote:
I have read the post, and no where did I see "Toilets and windows are forbidden".  Why don't you go ahead and throw up a nice little quote of those exact words.  Or maybe go read the thread again before posting.  Wink 

Technology on US via Plots & Events wrote:
While stone is used in construction, such as for building walls and even bridges, most homes are built using wood. Glass is rare, so most houses have wooden shutters on the windows or no built-in covering at all. Home-made covering, such as curtains, are common even in the absence of shutters. Metals are rarely, if ever used in construction as they aren’t in large supply and reserved for weaponry and armor-type uses (such as thin metal plating on the backside of a glove).

If you look at the underlined text you will see that on one of the site's plot pages that glass is supposedly a rarity. The site even goes so far as to say that most houses do not have glass on the windows and are left either uncovered or are given wooden shutters. As Izayah tried to point out, in the manga we have seen glass windows pretty regularly. I know personally I've always RPed that houses and buildings have actual glass windows and will probably continue to do so.

The second part that deals with metal does not make specific mention of things like sinks and toilets but Izayah made this connection in his original post in regards to plumbing.

Izayah wrote:
There are metals used in buildings for piping to move water and waste from top floors down (and fresh water up). Metal is also used in Sasuke's apartment and Kakashi's for the fixtures that hold the lighting in place. Metal is also used in the plumbing of this toilet and is also used in the top part of it to recycle the water for hand-washing after you flush. If any of you know anything about Japanese restrooms you'd know these type of toilet sinks are common, and seeing that Jiraiya and Naruto aren't in the fanciest of hotels/apartments that Tanzaku Gai is not far off from Konoha's structure.

Basically, both metal and glass are used in construction of homes and buildings and all Izayah is asking for is that the site update it's technology page to match that of the manga. He's not asking for spy satellites by any means.
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Aaron

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi - Page 2 EmptyTue 03 Jun 2014, 8:57 am

+1
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.com
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi - Page 2 EmptyTue 03 Jun 2014, 1:39 pm

Tanks or Gtfo.

On a serious note, it sounds like we have all agreed to change it. Let's just get on with the change please?

No real need to discuss it any further. Yay for toilets, glass windows and more stone houses.
Back to top Go down
Wind
Wind

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi - Page 2 EmptyTue 03 Jun 2014, 3:07 pm

Glass is rare, but it still exists.  If you want glass, you already have it.  And I see nothing about indoor plumbing not existing.  Nothing needs to be changed.  With all the stuff that needs to be taken care of here, this is a completely arbitrary request which will affect nothing and no one.  It's like me asking that someone go fix all the typos in the Inuzuka jutsu list.

Pipes can be, and are, made of clay.  Sinks and tubs are made of ceramic.  Metal use in buildings is referring more to large structures with a steel frame.  If you want to make some change, please try to find something more worthy, and stop making mountains out of mole hills.
Back to top Go down
Wind
Wind

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi - Page 2 EmptyTue 03 Jun 2014, 3:23 pm

And don't go thinking that it only takes them five minutes to wander over to the tech post and just make a few edits.  If it were that easy, a lot more important things would be changed a lot more often.  Mods and Admins have a ton of topics to check on, a ton of topics to read for content, and (most of them) have lives outside of US that come first.  If you want glass, and if you want indoor plumbing, the means for you to have it already exist within the technology topic.

Stop your complaining, and go enjoy your running water while staring out your plate glass window at your complete lack of motorized farming equipment.  Enjoy your non-modern stone hovel, and lament the fact that steel and glass structures don't exist.  No, you can't live here.
Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi - Page 2 Basque-Health-Department-Headquarters-of-Bilbao-Spain-1
Back to top Go down
Kite
Kumo Nin
Kite

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi - Page 2 EmptyTue 03 Jun 2014, 4:13 pm

Wind wrote:
And don't go thinking that it only takes them five minutes to wander over to the tech post and just make a few edits.

Speaking from experience, it does. It really does only take five minutes to go in and make an edit to a simple page like the one we've been referencing. The issue isn't the time but getting the permission to do so from an admin, hence why the topic was made.

No one was making a mountain out of a molehill. Someone had an issue and gave their opinion and backed up their opinion with a well thought out argument. You were the one who tried to make this a bigger issue than it is by exaggerating the point to it being a question whether we'd get spy satellites. If it's of no concern to you then why are you posting in this topic and dragging your heels so much about a simple change to a lore page. It has little to do with actual combat or how the site works and is desire just for the sake of continuity and consistency.

Let's not forget that aside from a few light jests at the prospect of tanks, it was YOU who came in and started the arguing through your use of a straw man fallacy. You were the only one who truly made this molehill into a mountain, so get off your high pony plz.
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi - Page 2 EmptyTue 03 Jun 2014, 6:27 pm

Consider this Solved pending an update to the guide.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi Clarification of the image and setting of Ultimate Shinobi - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-