Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fuuinjutsu and Weaponry

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Outcast
Outcast

Fuuinjutsu and Weaponry Vide
PostSubject: Fuuinjutsu and Weaponry Fuuinjutsu and Weaponry EmptyTue 04 Mar 2014, 9:14 pm

So I know only those with weapon specialties can have high ranked weapons, but what about etching or marking a kunai, sword, etc. with a fuuinjutsu that gives it capabilities beyond the simple weapon's rank? How does that work?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.com
Cookie Monster
Swaglord
Cookie Monster

PostSubject: Re: Fuuinjutsu and Weaponry Fuuinjutsu and Weaponry EmptyTue 04 Mar 2014, 9:19 pm

Don't suppose you could give an example of what you mean?
 scratch 
omghaimarcus
Celene\'s Emote
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.org
Outcast
Outcast

PostSubject: Re: Fuuinjutsu and Weaponry Fuuinjutsu and Weaponry EmptyTue 04 Mar 2014, 9:32 pm

Darius? Razz

And for example, a kunai which I believe is E-ranked marked with a B-Rank fuuinjutsu that seals movement of any limb it cuts into, for a short duration. The weapon is E, but the fuuinjutsu gives it powers beyond an E.
Back to top Go down
A Debauched Moralist
A Debauched Moralist

PostSubject: Re: Fuuinjutsu and Weaponry Fuuinjutsu and Weaponry EmptyTue 04 Mar 2014, 9:37 pm

The abilities of high ranking weaponry are only limited essentially by your own creativity and the need for some degree of balance. The only essential limitation in that area is  within the user's Specialties. If you possess Weaponry and Fuinjutsu you could not have a weapon that infringes upon the areas of Genjutsu or Medical in that sense.

As for the usage of Fuinjutsu on low ranking techniques, it is simply a matter of usage. If you place a seal on a kunai in combat (we'll say for the sake of example an explosive seal similar to that for explosive tags) then it is infered that the seal is not permanently etched on the Kunai or rather the weapon is lost after combat, because after all who goes around and collects all their lost basic equipment at the end of each fight? Not I Rabbi.  As such this does depend on the nature of the seal and how it's effects are inflicted upon the target.

Now lets assume you etch a permanent seal on a C rank Katana and further this seal stays on the katana and can be activated at any time regardless of technique, this would infringe upon the power level of the weapon itself and therefore the rank of the weapon. As a general rule this weapon would be classified as a 'new weapon' by the standards set forth by the site and as such would be under the preset rank and funding requirements for whatever 'new' rank is given to this weapon.

Do correct me if my understanding of the question is wrong.

Edit:Curse your clarification while I was writing my post  Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
Outcast
Outcast

PostSubject: Re: Fuuinjutsu and Weaponry Fuuinjutsu and Weaponry EmptyTue 04 Mar 2014, 9:41 pm

In this case I'm talking about a permanent seal on a low ranking weapon, mainly kunai. By my understanding those without the weapon/bukijutsu specialty can't have B-rank weapons and such, but if the kunai was marked with a permanent fuuinjutsu that would not make it E-rank anymore, would it still be legal for the fuuinjutsu user without Bukijutsu to create and own it?
Back to top Go down
A Debauched Moralist
A Debauched Moralist

PostSubject: Re: Fuuinjutsu and Weaponry Fuuinjutsu and Weaponry EmptyTue 04 Mar 2014, 9:54 pm

I believe that would alter the rank of the weaponry and make it by default have a higher rank requirement. The limitations as such would depend on the rank of the character you intend/have permission to  create. Obviously a Genin [C-rank by standard dictation] cannot have a B rank weapon, a Chunin [C-rank by standard dictation] can.

In essence I would think this is comparable to Minato's Flying Thunder God [FTG] kunai. Although the Kunai were of basic modification and thus it stands to reason they were E or D rank, the seal attached to them was S rank and as the Kunai were essentially only used for that seal the weapon would likely be classed at S rank.
Back to top Go down
Outcast
Outcast

PostSubject: Re: Fuuinjutsu and Weaponry Fuuinjutsu and Weaponry EmptyTue 04 Mar 2014, 10:02 pm

Would it still he usable however by the fuuinjutsu user as the modification made was through the speciality possessed? Basically, since the kunai didn't have any inherent abilities but instead had abilities through the Flying Thunder God technique, would the Minato example be able to use said weapon on this site despite not having weaponry as a specialty?
Back to top Go down
Enzo
Kumo Nin
Enzo

PostSubject: Re: Fuuinjutsu and Weaponry Fuuinjutsu and Weaponry EmptyTue 04 Mar 2014, 10:03 pm

A Debauched Moralist wrote:
Flying Thunder God [FTG] kunai. Although the Kunai were of basic modification and thus it stands to reason they were E or D rank, the seal attached to them was S rank and as the Kunai were essentially only used for that seal the weapon would likely be classed at S rank.
I don't know, I wouldn't consider Minato to be a weapons expert. He was merely using the weapons as a means of transporting the seal. His real skill was Fuuinjutsu, to which he was a master at. If you're ranked enough to have an S-rank seal, you should be allowed to create a bundle of weapons (say, a 10 pack of kunai) that have that seal pre-attached. After all, the seal would still consume chakra to activate. Of course, such a rule should only apply to E-ranked weapons, and nothing more. I thought that's how it always was. My Raikage had various seals he could attach to kunai and use to "mark" the field. Adding the seal didn't magically turn the kunai into an S-rank weapon. This is basically the same premise, except these seals are pre-installed.

Even if it is against the rules to make E-rank weapons with high-ranked seals; the alternative is pretty simple: Just have a few tags pre-written with the seal on them. There's nothing in the rules about limitations on equipment; unless that has changed since I was last here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.darkbb.com/forum
Outcast
Outcast

PostSubject: Re: Fuuinjutsu and Weaponry Fuuinjutsu and Weaponry EmptyTue 04 Mar 2014, 10:10 pm

That's basically what I was asking. A B-rank character can have B-ranked seals on E-rank weapons, considering they still require chakra to use of course.
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

PostSubject: Re: Fuuinjutsu and Weaponry Fuuinjutsu and Weaponry EmptyTue 04 Mar 2014, 11:13 pm

Long Answer:Weaponry would be required if you were to permanently etch the seal into the weapon, in Minato's case (an initial point I failed to represent) the seal was applied via a tag I believe, which meant he did not require the usage of weaponry. As I said, if the seal is a temporary thing during combat it would not require weaponry, but if it's a permanent thing which alters the state of the weapon, then it would.

The best way to circumvent the requirement of the weaponry would be to do as Enzo said and simply develop small tags with the seal on them and wrap them around the E rank weapon, this would be a temporary effect, but it would not require the weaponry specialization. This also allows for very easy usage during combat without having to waste any of the very crucial time frame.

Short Answer: Yes.
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

PostSubject: Re: Fuuinjutsu and Weaponry Fuuinjutsu and Weaponry EmptyFri 30 May 2014, 4:38 am

Given the entire lack of response on this, I am going to go ahead and solve it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuuinjutsu and Weaponry Fuuinjutsu and Weaponry Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-