Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku Vide
PostSubject: Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku EmptySun 21 Sep 2014, 6:45 pm

Kekkei Tota:
A change in our current system:

Our Current system of the Elementalist SC states that people require the elementalist SC in order to go for either the Advanced Element or for the Bloodline Selection [Kekkei Tota]. The Advanced element SC states that the person that is going for it can not be from a Clan, which seems fair to me. People who are already in a clan such as the Uchiha or the Hyuuga should not be able to just get Mokuton because they get an SC, so no argument there. I for one would be pissed as fuck if someone would just be able to get the Shikotsumyaku or the Sharingan out of the blue while they already have Boil release or Wood release, so it is only fair that people from a clan do not set their dirty boots in the field of another.

What I find odd is that our Kekkei Tota, the mixture of three basic elements, is restricted so only people that have an Advanced element can get it. I think this is a little bit racist [LOL] to a certain group of clans. While Senju, Kousen, Kyoukou and even clanless people who have the Advanced Elementalist SC can get a Kekkei Tota, clans such as the Hyuuga, Kaguya, Uchiha and other clans that have a physical mutation kekkei genkai are incapable of doing so. One of the main reasons why this bugs me is because it has been stated in the Canon that Onoki learned his Kekkei Tota from his Kage, Mu. Mu and Onoki were not related by blood, though they shared the same basic elements that allowed them to "Make" dust release for themselves without it being a Kekkei Genkai.

That is why I want to remove the restriction that is "You must have an Advanced Element and the Elementalist SC or you can't have this" and remake it into "You must have the Elementalist SC and any of the [Ninjutsu/Fuuinjutsu/Genjutsu/Medical] Master SC's". This way, you know people have three elemental natures they can control while also having a lot of skill in terms of chakra control, thus covering the basis of Chakra control and Nature manipulation, which seems to be the exact core of Kekkei Tota. Never has it been stated that Mu or Onoki had an additional Advanced Element, and as I already said, they were not related to one another. It makes far more sense to have someone with the Elementalist and Ninjutsu master SC get a Kekkei Tota than someone who has an Advanced element, because it simply makes no sense as it is now.

Shikotsumyaku:
A variation for those that meet the requirements:

As you all know, Kaguya can manipulate the Shikotsumyaku, their bloodline that controls Calcium. Through this control over Calcium, Kaguya manipulate Osteoblasts, Fibroblasts and Osteoclasts to increase the density of their bones and increase the rate at which they grow, even controlling the shape. As I said before, we all know that this is the primary thing a Kaguya does. Now, to take some Canon examples of the point I will be trying to make in a little while, I would like to point out that after Kimimaro made a bone protrude from his body such as his sword, spine or finger bullets, the exit wound was instantly closed back up. Whether this was a side-effect of the jutsu that he himself was not even aware of (Possibly) or not, it is still worth looking into, which I did.

Calcium is essential in any living organism because it is the most abundant metal mass in the body and because it is a means of transportation. With that, I mean Calcium in the blood stream is used as a means of transporting stuff through our blood and plays a big part in Wound repair. To say a little bit more about it, Calcium is involved in bone-mineralization, muscle contraction, plasma-membrane potential, cell division and blood clotting.

Now, in order to do what the Kaguya clan does, they infuse their Calcium with chakra, in turn starting the bone-mineralization (the process of creating inorganic substance inside of the body, in this case bone). The Chakra infusing speeds up the potential of the Calcium and in turn makes the bones harder by manipulating the Osteoblasts and Osteoclasts. What this means is that it is more than possible for a Kaguya to infuse their calcium with chakra to do things such as increase blood clotting in wounds and the process of cell division. Basically, this opens up to the prospect of Kaguya being able to heal their bodies at a higher rate when trained properly.  

When I looked further into the things our friend Kimimaro had going for him throughout his fights against Naruto, Lee and Gaara, it was shown that when a greater amount of damage was inflicted upon his body, his wounds did not close up. When he activated his Curse Seal (One that was stated to have been made specifically for him to amplify the power of the Shikotsumyaku), not only did all of his wounds heal to the point of non-existence, his skin hardened and even his bones grew to become even more durable.

When I said that a Kaguya who had been trained properly would be able to gain access to a healing factor, I was saying that if a Kaguya was to get the proper mechanics and training by US standards, he would be able to make use of this. These proper mechanics would in this case ofcourse be the Clan Mastery SC and the Medical Ninjutsu specialization. This way, the user of this Shikotsumyaku variation would have all of the required knowledge in terms of the human body, their own bloodline and it's strengths and limitations and more importantly, knowledge over their own body. Lets not forget that Kabuto himself stated that the body of Kimimaro was different from a normal human being, which was why he could not cure him of his illness.

Now that all of the mechanics are out of the way, I suggest that the Medical Shinobi Profession is no longer the only way for someone to be able to regenerate wounds and limbs over the passing of time. If anything, the Kaguya clan would be more likely to be capable of such things than a generic shinobi from no clan that knows stuff about the human body. This is why self-healing and possible regeneration (at a fair cost of chakra and a fitting rank as is the way of US and fairness) should become open to the Kaguya clan that have met the requirements.

EDIT:
Shikotsumyaku/Elemental Nature:

Clarification on the matter:

Chidori, Chidori Nagashi, Raikiri, Earth Spear, Lava Release Armour, Lightning Release Armor, Flying Swallow, etc etc etc. All of the previously stated jutsu use chakra conductivity or chakra flow to pass the chakra of the user throughout their body or through an item they are holding. It has become very common for people to channel chakra through their bodies, hands, feet or through their weapons. Similar to this is how I have always been using Yoroi ever since I made him two years ago. Using lightning release to increase the cutting power of my bones by making use of the whole vibration idea introduced by Killer Bee and Sasuke's swords and stuff like that. Recently however, I was told that a Kaguya can not use Elemental natures with their Shikotsumyaku.

To me, that sounds like a Hyuuga using his Byakugan and also using a water release jutsu that makes use of the Byakugan's ability to see shit becomes impossible, or an Uchiha using his Sharingan and a fire style technique that uses the Sharingan to aim becomes impossible. The Shikotsumyaku is a physical augmentation, the bones are created through a physical process after which they become a part of the body until the jutsu is shut down/deactivated. It is not a channeling jutsu that the Kaguya use, so taking away the ability to apply lightning chakra that passes through their own body [including blades of bone that may stick out of that body] seems like a rather dumb plan that I would like to have removed as soon as possible.

Now that I made my point[s] of view, I would like to hear your thoughts on the matter.
Back to top Go down
Ruka
Ruka

PostSubject: Re: Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku EmptySun 21 Sep 2014, 7:16 pm

About KKT

I liked most stuff in there except one odd case, why such specific requirements for KKT? Ninjutsu master? Really? How is controlling chakra for a Ninjutsu master superior to an A rank Illusionist? Same kind of control, one could argue genjutsu even requires MORE control because of how Master Race it is (Deal wit it h8ers Cool )

My suggestion is have the requirements say not "Nin Master" SC but "Must have Ninjutsu as one of their primary spec." because that'd just make more sense. You could give req for one of the two "Master" SCs but don't overrate just one, they both give the same effect - chakra control.

About Regen

Yes Kaguya should be allowed some sort of regeneration, we all know that US Kaguya > Canon Kaguya because on US ALL KAGUYA HAVE SHIKO (Kishi is disapprovingly shaking his retcon pulling head)... Also giving them ability of at least minor wound regeneration thing like stab wounds and so on makes sense seeing how they shoot bones from their fricking bodies, also giving them slight immunity to infections because... (Look at point 1). Not making an argument that Medicals should have that taken away, just Kaguya with Medical knowledge given the ability. That'd separate Kaguya into Berserker Kaguya who have no regards for their own or other people's lives and those who are more refined and controlled with the ability to regenerate minor wounds.

About Elemental Shiko

I'm pretty sure bones conduct electricity, no reason to go against science, makes a nasty precedent, don't you think? Bones should be allowed to conduct lightning and nothing more (an argument could be made for fire too Smile)
Back to top Go down
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

PostSubject: Re: Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku EmptySun 21 Sep 2014, 7:23 pm

Ruka wrote:
About KKT

I liked most stuff in there except one odd case, why such specific requirements for KKT? Ninjutsu master? Really? How is controlling chakra for a Ninjutsu master superior to an A rank Illusionist? Same kind of control, one could argue genjutsu even requires MORE control because of how Master Race it is (Deal wit it h8ers Cool )

My suggestion is have the requirements say not "Nin Master" SC but "Must have Ninjutsu as one of their primary spec." because that'd just make more sense. You could give req for one of the two "Master" SCs but don't overrate just one, they both give the same effect - chakra control.

Point taken, fixed my case to state that people need "Any of the Master SC's", making it so Ninjutsu will do just as well as Genjutsu, Fuuin or Medical Master.

Ruka wrote:
About Regen

Yes Kaguya should be allowed some sort of regeneration, we all know that US Kaguya > Canon Kaguya because on US ALL KAGUYA HAVE SHIKO (Kishi is disapprovingly shaking his retcon pulling head)... Also giving them ability of at least minor wound regeneration thing like stab wounds and so on makes sense seeing how they shoot bones from their fricking bodies, also giving them slight immunity to infections because... (Look at point 1). Not making an argument that Medicals should have that taken away, just Kaguya with Medical knowledge given the ability. That'd separate Kaguya into Berserker Kaguya who have no regards for their own or other people's lives and those who are more refined and controlled with the ability to regenerate minor wounds.

While I fully agree with this, I do think the exact level of regeneration would come down to one's medical ninjutsu specialty, as that would make the most sense.

Ruka wrote:
About Elemental Shiko

I'm pretty sure bones conduct electricity, no reason to go against science, makes a nasty precedent, don't you think? Bones should be allowed to conduct lightning and nothing more (an argument could be made for fire too Smile)

Again, that is pretty much the point I was trying to make. Thanks for backing it up.
Back to top Go down
Daedalus
Konoha Nin
Daedalus

PostSubject: Re: Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku EmptySun 21 Sep 2014, 7:27 pm

Regarding KKT:

I did find it odd that to acquire the KKT you needed to have already created your own advanced element. It opened up the ability for a person to theoretically pull out five different elements (God help you if the person has the 5 tails). So I agree that some adjustments on the requirements is needed. Not exactly sure what though, it's not my area of expertise.

Regarding Regen:

This is a tricky subject. While you put scientific reasoning behind your argument, I always thought that rather than a healing factor, the Kaguya's flesh just kind of moved itself out of the way allowing the bones to pass freely. If it were a healing factor, then there would always be the risk of slicing a major artery or vein when popping out a bone. Unless the healing factor was on an insane level, most Kaguya would be kicking the bucket from blood loss several posts in.

In addition, you would also need to look to several other clans in regards to minor regen. Hell if we look to canon examples, if you have Senju cells, you can just plop limps back on and mend it in an instant. As for Kimimaro's curse seal, since those chakra boosts started becoming a factor, they seem to have a giant heal boost added in as default. Chakra be magic sometimes yo.

Regarding The Third Thing:

It is odd that the Kaguya suddeny cannot combine elemental natures with their jutsu. If this is to be applied to the Kaguya, then what about the other clans? Like Yuki, Senju, etc. Can they suddenly no longer combine their KG with an extra elemental nature? Take it a step further, what about using standard ninjutsu that utilizes two elements simultaneously. Is that too difficult now to combine earth and fire to create flaming rock balls?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.com
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

PostSubject: Re: Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku EmptySun 21 Sep 2014, 10:41 pm

Kekkei Tota:
Actually I will take a hit here, but only in a sense. For now the Advanced Element and KKT SC will be unavailable until proper edits and or systems are established. The only one this effects I believe is Ruka to which I must apologize.

Shikotsumyaku | Variation:

Also whoever said Calcium was the most abundant substance in the body clearly forgot about water.

Although it is mostly in line with what you've said I'm simply going to reiterate something I said long ago in response to one of your applications simply because it saves a lot of time.

Me wrote:
Firstly, disabuse you of the notion that the Kaguya clan has innate control of their body's calcium to the Nth degree, the clan page [which is due for some editing as most of them are] sets a false president about the level of control the Kaguya clan have over their calcium. The Shikotsumyaku's true ability yes is the manipulation of calcium to control their bone growth. They can do this by dictating the growth, replication, and regeneration of the normal skeletal structure of their body, but they can also manipulate deposits of calcium to create bones from areas of the body without a standard connection to the skeletal structure this allows them to create bones from any part of their body without disrupting their skeletal structure.

That being said, they also have supreme levels of regeneration when focused around the usage of their clan techniques. There is no evidence to support that this is done by any level conscious control and is most likely done by the means of chakra application through the various techniques. If I had to nail it down by description I would say something along the lines of, "The residual chakra that is used to manipulate the skeletal structure for the techniques is then focused on enhancing the regenerative properties of the Kaguya clan". That is mostly just an educated guess, but as I said there's no evidence in regards to consciously being able to control any form of regeneration. They also have a general lack of sensitivity to pain, but once again in regards to their own techniques. [Reference: Chapter #206 Page #06] However, as I said neither of these are ever referenced as a conscious and controlled ability and to make it so would be frankly over powered when in consideration with the nature of the Kaguya clan itself.

Bearing that in mind, [unless Im wrong, which my medical knowledge is a bit touch and go, so I am admitting that I could be] Calcium is used as a means to begin the process of coagulation, being used as a method of activation towards specific platelets and various other processes in relation to the same subject. however I would like to point out that this is all current theory, it is not an entirely dictated fact. But, the Kaguya ability is focused around the manipulation of calcium to form bones and by extension I see no reason to allow it to expand outward into other areas given the power of the clan as it is. Their abilities as with every other clan is focused on a specific degree of manipulation rather than a broad spectrum. It follows the same dictation that the Aburame control a specific type of insect, the Akimichi abilities are dictated by a specific manipulation of their body/ calorie control, through specific methods of element manipulation towards the same two elements you can get a different manner of advanced element [Senju vs Nomi's plant clan]. The abilities are focused to a specific area in which it can be balanced and controlled, to allow an extension of said clan abilities to manipulate all the calcium usage in the body is broad and unfocused and creates an unwanted precedent.

Also Me wrote:
All of this being said, I could see a minor ability to utilize calcium to treat minor wounds as a proposed application of clan mastery.

That being said, the whole purpose of the professions is to grant a unique ability or abilities to those within said professions, thus unless the abilities of said profession are changed the technique which I long since reference will stay limited to them as will the abilities.

That being said, Kaguya can regenerate the entire bone structure of a limb, that much is clear and obvious and arguably pretty simple. The rest is rather complicated.

Returning to game play mechanics. If it hasn't become obvious US by and large hates defensive techniques. In this style of roleplay and combat they quickly become ridiculous and frankly overpowered. For all the arguments against the more physical stats could you imagine if regeneration became a commonplace ability?

Shikotsumyaku/Elemental Nature:

As I generally always try to start off reviewing examples and use that as a transition into the actual discussion, I see no reason as to break tradition. Each one of these techniques the standard pathway of Ninjutsu, breaking it down into the two sub categories of manipulation, one or both of which is required when creating every single Ninjutsu technique ever. For those who feel the desire to actually increase their understanding of the setting I have no only quoted from the Narutopedia (a source which is for the most part fairly accurate) and I will also describe the source chapter and page in which it is explained in the image below:

and here

A little less informative, but still relevant we have the explanation from the Naruto Wikia which reads very close to the Databooks that were written by Kishimoto himself.

Ninjutsu via Narutopedia wrote:
When creating a Ninjutsu, the two methods of manipulating chakra are referred to as shape transformation and nature transformation:

Shape Transformation: deals with controlling the form, movement, and potency of chakra.

Nature Transformation: usually deals with changing the physical properties of chakra into an element.

As Yamato clearly explains those who have the ability to spacial recompose and elementally recompose their chakra at the same time is incredibly rare and most people people opt to favor elemental recompose, although to spatially recompose their techniques would drastically increase their power.

If we require more clarification on the difference I have an image and explanation relating to each set difference.

Further, so it is not used against me later in any response, although this relates to Ninjutsu specifically, every technique that utilizes chakra in the standard categories of Taijutsu and Weaponry (as all the rest follow a similar but different set of rules) follow the same parameters through slight variations. Hinata's Tiger Fist technique thing still requires Spacial Manipulation despite being Taijutsu, a Fire Fist technique still requires Nature Manipulation despite being Taijutsu, so on and so forth. They are the building blocks of a great deal of techniques.

Chidori | Chidori Nagashi | Raikiri: I find myself a bit confused as to if you meant use three techniques that are all essentially the same in mechanics to try and illustrate something that does nothing to help your point at all. To use this technique the user must channel a large amount of lightning chakra to the user's hand. To clarify, chakra is first channeled through the chakra network to the points in the hand and recomposed into an elemental nature, in this case lightning. At the same time he also he also uses his ability to spatially recompose his chakra to essentially determine the strength of his technique. As explained in the image below, both forms of manipulation are applied in unison to create the technique.

Raikiri and Chidori function on the same parameters, the only difference between the two being a better affluence of nature and shape manipulation. Chidori Nagashi is only slightly different in a few small but effective ways. The first of which being obviously clear by the image below.

Chidori Nagashi channels the current in every direction from his body. We can obviously see that it is not spatially recomposed to the same level as Chidori given the nature of the technique.

As the first example this holds no relation to Shikotsumyaku as you expel chakra from your body in both examples as opposed to manipulating any system or function of your body beyond the obvious chakra network. Doesn't relate to the manipulation committed by those utilizing Shikotsumyaku.

Earth Spear: Alright I will take a hit on this one. Rather than expelling the chakra in an external fashion as with the above examples, Kakuzu's usage of his Nature Transformation is employed through the hardening of his skin. That being said, this is the only technique within the manga that I can recall that boasts such an effect and mind you there are some instances where mechanics must be changed to preserve balanced. If you see Kakazu's usage, it is akin to the defensive capabilities of a Kaguya, imagine Izayah running around with this technique. In terms of logistics it should be banned. On that note it does provide a good example of Kakazu not being able to utilize any other techniques himself whilst in this form.

This only slightly relates to the manipulation committed by those utilizing Shikotsumyaku which I will refer back to below when I touch up on the Shikotsumyaku itself.

Lava Release Armour: A technique which relies on the manifestation of a tailed form, which is a coat of pure chakra elementally attuned with Lava Release as a product of the Yonbi. Doesn't relate to the manipulation committed by those utilizing Shikotsumyaku.

Lightning Release Armour: Vergil I know I've already broken down LRA with you at length and I really dont have the patience to spell it out again. If you break it down, I would argue that by examples of usage Lightning Release Armor is almost if not entirely pure elemental in composition, to such an extent that the lightning chakra, mimicking electricity is impact on the synapses themselves.

This is another instance of things that are possible, but banned because of the power such an application creates. That being said, this is only relevant to Shikotsumyaku in the sense that it is elemental chakra directly impacting the systems of the body, however it is an energy which increases the rate at which other electrical energies fire, so really the relevance stops there.

Flying Swallow: Flying swallow is a technique in which chakra is absorbed into the blade at varying rates. The blade reacts with his chakra thus allowing him to channel his chakra through it. If we were to apply US's standards it would require a chakra conductive weapons.

Doesn't relate to the manipulation committed by those utilizing Shikotsumyaku.

With the examples fairly neatly explained albeit in a rushed manner, lets review how Shikotsumyaku works.

Shikotsumyaku: As referenced by Kimimaro in Naruto 212 Page 2 in which he explains the abilities of his bloodline (to which Lee promptly and dumbly responds by trying to engage in a close quarters fight with him) and the specific panel which I will display below.

As it clearly says: "[Shikotsumyaku].. controls both the bone formation and destroying cells, as well as the density of calcium to manipulate the formation of bones." The only reason why osteoblasts and osteoclasts should be mentioned is because one forms bone and the other re-absorb bone. This allows the Kaguya not only to grow their bones, but also break them off after their usage has been expired. Disregarding the abilities shown by Kaguya Ōtsutsuki (for reasons I should not have to explain) the abilities mentioned above are the full scope of the Clan's use-able abilities.

Much like any other technique the clan techniques relating to Shikotsumyaku require your chakra to be composed in a similar sense to your standard rules of ttechnique creation, however it varies in a key way as well and it is the variance which explains why there is no place in the process for elements in the formation of bones or Shikotsumyaku techniques.

To create any technique using this Bloodline Limit you have to infuse the calcium in your bones with chakra, I assume [given that my medical degree never came in the mail] this creates the growth of the osteoblasts which allow for the bones to be grown. During this process you must shape and guide the form of your bones to the desired method (canonically largely simple mechanics mind you) with your chakra. In a figurative sense, this is how Spacial Recomposing applies to the Shikotsumyaku. You must guide your chakra to create the bones in the right position and density that you require.

When you create a standard technique, as explained above, you must gather the energy and whilst it is gathering you must elementally align your chakra and if you are able to do so, spatially recompose it at the same time. As shown in the Chidori example you must complete these acts in unison, a point which is reinforced by Naruto's usage of shadow clones to create his Rasengan and variants given that he creates the clones which supply the needed style of manipulation in unison to create the technique. When using a technique like Earth Spear, you elementally attune your chakra to earth and then infuse that energy into your skin, the only thing you are manipulating at any point is your own chakra to enact the desired effect. The technique does not turn his skin to stone as means of a biological process, but as a means of usage for the energy has already prepared.

The reason why Kaguya techniques cannot be infused with elements in creation is simple. Because as the process towards technique creation is done there is no place for you to apply the needed elemental manipulation given that it must be done in unison. If you were to apply it as you infused your bones with chakra you would not be able to stimulate the growth you needed (as attuning your chakra with elements disrupts the 'standard functions') and to do so after would not be in unison with the process.

Bearing this in mind, that does not mean that post creation, by usage of a separate technique the bones cannot be coated with chakra in the same sense that B was able to charge his chakra into a pencil it just cannot be done whilst the bone is being created. Mind you must still consider the inability to utilize two techniques at the same.

On that note I'm going to break away from Vergil's initial post to discuss Ruka's.

Quote :
I'm pretty sure bones conduct electricity, no reason to go against science, makes a nasty precedent, don't you think? Bones should be allowed to conduct lightning and nothing more (an argument could be made for fire too Smile).

Actually that's entirely inaccurate. Bones do not really conduct electricity. Electric current will flow through the blood, cells, and interstitial fluid. With a high enough voltage and enough amps, it will pass some of the current through bone but you'll be dead long before that happens. Electricity tends to take the path of least resistance. The blood is a water based solution filled with electrolytes that make passing a current extremely easy. The interstitial fluid and the cellular fluids are both also very good conductors of electricity. Bone on the other hand has almost no water. It offers a very high resistance to electricity. For this reason, the current will avoid traveling through bone.

Returning to Vergil.

Hyūga & Byakugan | Uchiha and Sharingan: Disregarding the fact that comparing the two is like comparing apples and oranges, I guess I should explain why this is entirely inaccurate. Firstly, Dōjutsu are an entirely different ordinance of technique, they follow different rules and obviously grant different abilities.

[quote="Narutopedia]Dōjutsu (瞳術; English TV "Visual Jutsu"; Literally meaning "Eye Techniques") are genetic ninja abilities that utilise the eyes, granting the wielder ocular abilities. Being a by-product of specific kekkei genkai, dōjutsu are not classified as one of the major jutsu types.[/quote]

Doujutsu do not follow the same parameters as your standard techniques or usage. They are not manipulated nor do they require the wielder to recompose their chakra in any way shape or form. The only thing they require is chakra for activation, but this chakra is not manipulated in any shape or form in terms of conscious effort beyond activation. In some ways it can be akin to utilizing the Shadow Clone Technique, in that you activate the technique and afterward it requires no effort on your part.

The reason why various clan members with Dōjutsu are able to use techniques whilst having their Dōjutsu active is pretty simple in explanation. Firstly, it's shown as canonically possible any number of times as an alternative to the Kaguya and Shikotsumyaku. [And before you respond with a Burden of Proof Fallacy dont.]

Secondly, as I spelled out for you above, both in regards to Shikotsumyaku and Dōjutsu. One requires you to make concision forms of manipulation whilst the other doesn't. It's akin in the same reason as to why two elements cannot be manipulated in separate techniques because the stylistic manipulation would be like looking left and right at the same time.

On that note I do have to mention a bit in response to Daedalus.

Regarding The Third Thing:

Quote :
It is odd that the Kaguya suddeny cannot combine elemental natures with their jutsu. If this is to be applied to the Kaguya, then what about the other clans? Like Yuki, Senju, etc. Can they suddenly no longer combine their KG with an extra elemental nature? Take it a step further, what about using standard ninjutsu that utilizes two elements simultaneously. Is that too difficult now to combine earth and fire to create flaming rock balls?

You cant ever use a standard technique that uses simultaneous elemental usage, to do so would is something that is limited only to KKGS in the sense that using two elements would create a new advanced element. What you are describing would only be akin to utilizing two techniques at once, which is impossible.
Back to top Go down
Katsumi
Kumo Nin
Katsumi

PostSubject: Re: Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku EmptyMon 22 Sep 2014, 12:08 am

Seems like an issue of semantics but what the OP stated was Calcium (Ca) is the most abundant metal in the human body. Which is 100% correct. Ca is an element that is classified as a metal whereas Water (H20) is a compound. This is not a direct apple to apple comparison. However, if you break water down into its base elements Oxygen wins out as the most abundant element by mass, and Hydrogen the most abundant by actual atoms. However, Oxygen and Hydrogen are classified as Non-metals.
Back to top Go down
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

PostSubject: Re: Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku EmptyMon 22 Sep 2014, 12:12 am

Katsumi wrote:
Seems like an issue of semantics but what the OP stated was Calcium (Ca) is the most abundant metal in the human body. Which is 100% correct. Ca is an element that is classified as a metal whereas Water (H20) is a compound. This is not a direct apple to apple comparison. However, if you break water down into its base elements Oxygen wins out as the most abundant element by mass, and Hydrogen the most abundant by actual atoms. However, Oxygen and Hydrogen are classified as Non-metals.

I did indeed state that.

Give me a moment to reply to the rest of this stuff, got a lot to do.
Back to top Go down
Faker
Nukenin

PostSubject: Re: Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku EmptyMon 22 Sep 2014, 12:25 am

Katsumi wrote:

So?
Back to top Go down
Katsumi
Kumo Nin
Katsumi

PostSubject: Re: Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku EmptyMon 22 Sep 2014, 12:37 am

Izayah wrote:
Katsumi wrote:

So?

Is this a retort when you have nothing to add to the conversation?
Back to top Go down
Faker
Nukenin

PostSubject: Re: Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku EmptyMon 22 Sep 2014, 12:42 am

I'm asking you a question.
Back to top Go down
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

PostSubject: Re: Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku EmptyMon 22 Sep 2014, 1:14 am

@Katsumi and Izayah
I believe Katsumi was backing up my statement about Calcium being the most abundant metal in the human body, basically responding to this.

Trey wrote:
Also whoever said Calcium was the most abundant substance in the body clearly forgot about water.

Moving on, there are a few things I would still like to point out and discuss now that I have taken the time to read it all.

Shikotsumyaku Variation:

In regards to the profession bit.
I fully understand that the Professions are made to give some unique benefits to the user, though there should always be exceptions to the rule. When it comes down to regenerating a limb, a Kaguya that has medical knowledge of a sufficient rank should always be the first person on the list to be capable of such a thing. While I completely understand that professions are made to be unique, there are a lot of people that already have a jutsu that in some way or shape copies a jutsu that only one of these professions could use. Medical shinobi can heal cells and stuff over time, one with a higher level being capable of doing all the more. The good thing about a Bloodline is that it allows for some personal interpretation when the full level of power was never truly shown in the Anime aside from Kimimaro, a boy that has been locked up and sick for the majority of his life.

Medical shinobi know pretty much everything there is to know about the human body, though even someone as skilled as Kabuto had no way of making Kimimaro better when he was ill. Say someone is a Medic of the Kaguya clan that can use medical chakra instead of normal chakra to infuse calcium, that Kaguya would be able of using a new form of Ninjutsu that would basically have a similar jutsu as the Medical Ninja/Black Jack Doctor profession such as Gishi no Sakuse [Artificial Limb Creation]. As you have already stated, a Kaguya can already recreate the skeleton if an arm is to be cut off. While such a thing would be impossible to do during combat, a Kaguya with Medical Ninjutsu rivaling the rank required for Gishi no Sakuse, which is A rank, should be capable of doing such a thing if they have Clan Mastery in their pocket. Because completely growing back a limb would take a lot of time, the Kaguya variation of such a technique could not be used during a thread, meaning it would need to be done in a new thread or at the end of the fight, effectively making it more of a supplementary technique than a combat technique that can only be used on him/herself and not even on others because they do not have the Medical Ninja/Black Jack Doctor profession to teach them how to do it.

Physical Regeneration:
Again, I completely agree with what you are saying here. If everyone was to run around with things such as regeneration, things would become very chaotic and get really OP really soon. That however is also why it should be restricted and useful to the point where it does not become OP or too weak. As I have stated above, the "Growing back a limb" kind of regeneration is out of the picture because it would not only take a lot of focus but also a lot of time, two things you most likely will not have during a fight. As for actual regeneration, I do believe that the only people that will actually qualify for such a thing would be either a Senju or a Kaguya with the Clan Master SC and Medical Ninjutsu of at least B rank in order to heal shallow cuts, A rank to heal slightly deeper cuts and burn wounds and S rank to heal stab wounds and third degree burns.

The reason why I stated it like that is because it is the only way to assure that someone pays a fair price for a passive regeneration lasting for X amount of posts or until certain wounds sustained before or during the duration of that jutsu that match what it can heal are closed up again. At B rank, I think a shallow cut is about it when it comes down to regeneration. For A rank, it only seems fair to include more moderate cuts and burn wounds of first or second degree because those are still not life threatening and can be considered more like nuisances than actually setting one back during the thread. As for the maximum amount of regeneration, stab wounds sustained by something like a kunai could be regenerated over time, just like third degree burn wounds. I stated Kunai stab wounds because a sword would not just pierce but go all the way through the body and most likely hit organs. Organ regeneration, like limb regeneration, is out of our league, as it is for everyone. While someone could restore an organ or a limb out of battle, doing so through active regeneration would just be way, way too much and become too OP to handle.

When taking out the chart of US, the following comes up:

E Rank: 1 - 2
D Rank: 3 - 4
C Rank: 5 - 9
B Rank: 10 - 15
A Rank: 20 - 25
S Rank: 35 - 39
B Rank: 3 - 4 CP Per Post
A Rank: 5 - 6 CP Per Post
S Rank: 9 - 10 CP Per Post

If I were to use that to set the limitations for actual regeneration in terms of what one would pay to activate it and what one would need to pay to maintain it, I would suggest something like this.

B Rank: 14cp
A Rank: 24cp
S Rank: 38cp

This way, you make sure that the person using it will basically be paying out the ass while getting the desired effects. For an A ranked shinobi, one would have lost 36 chakra points in 3 posts, only to heal a painful burn and some shallow cuts that would in no way set you back unless you intend to fight for hours, in which case you would lose enough blood to make you drowsy.

While I basically made up an entire system for this, I don't think this FA discussion is the right place for it. I say this because, if such a thing was to pass, the only people being able to get this kind of thing would be an A ranked Kaguya or Senju with the Clan Master SC and the Medical Ninjutsu specialization. At this point in time, there are two Senju on the site and two Kaguya. Of all those people, my character Yoroi is pretty much the only one who could even apply for such a thing. That is why I suggest that, when I actually get around to making such jutsu, we use this thread as a guideline for their creation. When said creation has been approved after moderation, other people who might try to go for something like this with their Senju or Kaguya can be made to take example of those jutsu made to keep the balance. Like I said, there are so few that could even get close to it that making a specific system for it might be overkill, which is why I personally believe this is not a bad idea.

Still, I want to point out that the level of Wolverine or Deadpool regeneration will never become a thing on account of how it would basically drain like 150cp per post just to regenerate organs and wounds so fast, let alone that it would be too damn OP for any standard, except the standards of Ingoo.

Elemental uses:
I understand what you said about this, though in my opinion, being capable of coating my bones with a secondary lightning jutsu put up after the creation of said bones is good enough for me. As such, I see no point in further arguing about this particular part of the Shikotsumyaku.
Back to top Go down
Faker
Nukenin

PostSubject: Re: Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku EmptyMon 22 Sep 2014, 2:04 am

I understand your reasoning on why this should happen, and I get you when you say "well, I'd have the knowledge about it" but you need to really focus on balance. In this particular case, your thinking of this situation may hold some ground just because of your clan. But you have to realize, you're going to add a system that's pretty much exclusive to a clan or two and a certain set of abilities. What you're doing is just making something for you, when no one else will really be able to benefit. That's like picking favorites.

Quote :
I say this because, if such a thing was to pass, the only people being able to get this kind of thing would be an A ranked Kaguya or Senju with the Clan Master SC and the Medical Ninjutsu specialization. At this point in time, there are two Senju on the site and two Kaguya. Of all those people, my character Yoroi is pretty much the only one who could even apply for such a thing. That is why I suggest that, when I actually get around to making such jutsu, we use this thread as a guideline for their creation.

You have to understand the balance aspect. This is a text based role-playing game. So the admins have this huge burden of making things unique for you and for everyone else. So if we allow this, what's to stop someone from saying "well, if I build this way I should be able to do XXX" That breeds too much trouble for staff trying to balance out everyone's super unique trump cards. We can't just say "if I have inuzuka, plus tracker, plus anbu, wouldn't i be able to have the best senses in the world? wouldn't my sc's/clan/profession all stack?"

Do you really think that's a good idea for the site?
Back to top Go down
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

PostSubject: Re: Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku EmptyMon 22 Sep 2014, 1:38 pm

They most certainly would, and that in itself is what I think makes US a rather nice place in terms of RP. You can choose to focus on one thing entirely, such as Taijutsu and be an absolute beast at it. In the same way you can become a master of the elements in a sense and toss fireballs that can level entire buildings. The thing here is just that I am trying to make the most out of a clan I chose to take by going to a certain limit and seeing how it can be made to happen. The difference with this and something such as requesting the Mangekyou Sharingan for the Uchiha is because in that case, we all know it will be OP and unbalanced.

While I do not intend to hurt the site in any way, I am trying to make use of systems that are already in place to make the best out of something my character could/should have and setting it up so that when it passes, we will have something to use as an example when the next person may come and request the same thing. As you also know, the total amount of people eligible for this ability is limited to exactly four people on the site when you judge it by clan and only 1 when you take into account the rank, specialization and Special Characteristics.

That is the reason why I said that I would like to first make these abilities using the partial system I came up with above to see how Staff will respond to the actual techniques. That way, they can use the guidelines set in this thread with their normal manner of moderation in order to see if it can be made to pass. I personally believe that it is possible, and I believe even Trey himself said that minor regeneration as I described should very well be possible for someone like me that has all the requirements in place.

Again, I do not aim to harm the site in any way, I just want to get into something more Unique, yet still very credible and possible for the clan, setting it up in a way that can be used as a reference/guideline for others that might get it somewhere down the line, even though chances at that are small.
Back to top Go down
Faker
Nukenin

PostSubject: Re: Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku EmptyMon 22 Sep 2014, 4:31 pm

That's fair. It really is. There's things I want to do with my character that exist in the manga in a non OP fashion but because of the way the site is set up, I'm not sure it can be done. To really make this fair and unique for everyone, the Special Characteristic System and Specialty System need work.

What you're trying to say is everyone should have something "fun and unique" for their character. That's very noble, but lets ask some questions.

• Can you propose a list of changes to the Specialty and Special Characteristics System that doesn't make ninjutsu the strongest specialty and taijutsu SC's so strong? Arguably ninjutsu mains with physical SC's are the strongest type within the manga, just look at Sasuke and Naruto from any part in the series and compare them with the K12.
  • If we allow super unique abilities, how can we balance things for people wanting to have Rock Lee or Tenten type characters? The site doesn't really allow people to be specialists, but if they think that's unique who are we to deny them?
  • Time/Space techniques are banned, but the summoning jutsu is a time/space technique. So if someone wanted to be a Fuuinjutsu/Tai master, why can't they create a summoning jutsu that summons them to a specific location? Why does the site cherry pick time/space jutsu?
  • On the same token, barrier techniques have usually been showcased right along side Fuuinjutsu. Yet several people on the site have barrier jutsu listed as ninjutsu. Looking at Jiraiya, Oro and even Minato you can easily see that the manga implies barriers are products of Fuuinjutsu. (Or at least a combination of Ninjutsu and Fuuinjutsu)
  • The puppetry system has a built-in lag that makes it hard for puppet users to start off at lower ranks. Yet we see Kankurou in part one was able to manipulate his puppet to such a degree it looked fluid and normal. He was also able to disguise his puppet as himself and manipulate it while wrapped in cloth unable to see anything with his own eyes. That seems nigh impossible for C Rank puppet users. Why?
  • Do you think the staff is capable of handling super unique requests (such as this) and the unique requests of everyone else. Base this off of their current performance as a lot of them are returning to school and such with lower available hours.

If they start allowing unique abilities that seem to blur the current rules they have to allow it for all. Meaning even though you should be able to do this, it is better if you're not allowed to yet. Once the site had balanced all the other 23942093409 issues then there will be time for this. What you want is more than just "having a jutsu." It's a system that needs to be balanced and put into place.

You have to assume people are going to say "Well Yoroi has that one thing and mines isn't out of the ballpark so can I get this?"

Because I damn sure will.
Back to top Go down
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

PostSubject: Re: Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku EmptyMon 22 Sep 2014, 5:21 pm

See, I went over all of the things you just said, though none of those are really my concern at all. Of all of this, only one question remotely links in with the content on this thread. Here's why.

The Specialty and Special Characteristics have all been set up in a way to allow people to be specialists, like how you are an ANBU specialist. Does that mean your character is weaker than another person of your rank that has spread their SC's into various fields? Yes and No. If they managed to focus on the field you would personally suck against, chances are that they would win. If they do not have the means to keep track of you given your ANBU stealth and speed, chances are they won't win. Sure mixing Ninjutsu with physical SC's is strong, but it's not better than others by default.

To start things off, I don't think it's a super unique ability given that it has been shown in use by Senju, descendants of the Senju and by the Kaguya that actually had the Shikotsumyaku, Tsunade, Hashirama and Kimimaro. From an IC point of view, we already have a regeneration jutsu, the one used by Kabuto and later upgraded by Tsunade. That jutsu is the only regeneration jutsu on this site that supposedly activates before impact and starts healing the cells/wound as soon as they are sustained, basically making it a physical regeneration that also heals organs and stuff along those lines. While I don't like using examples from the Manga because of obvious reasons, I wanted to use it to point out how it would work for these clans only, unless you have something like the Medical Shinobi profession. I have stated several times how this would work and how it can be limited to certain people while balancing it at the same time.

People who choose to be like Lee or Tenten pretty much refers to Point 1, seeing as picking one particular field of expertise is not weak nor overpowered because it often has a very solid way of countering it. This would in turn mean that they would most likely lose to someone who counters their elemental natures, weapons, etc etc. That is however what it is like for everyone. Yoroi has a set weakness I won't explain here, as does Hiruzen. A smart combat writer can figure those out and exploit them while someone less smart might not be able to. In the end, it all comes down to the roleplayer, the things they chose to use with their character and how good they are at it. At the end of the day, even a close combat fighter can beat someone tossing massive fireballs if they use their stuff right or manage to outplay the opponent. Character set-up is a very important thing if you choose to be an active fighter, though writing skill is just as important.

I don't know why you even brought this up, but the concept of summoning and unsummoning yourself has long since joined the Banlist, unlike lesser regeneration which I personally don't see as a game breaking ability at all as I have stated in previous posts. Being a Fuuin/Tai or Fuuin/Weap person that can do the whole  Hiraishin / Flying Thunder God or the Kamui kind of crap is about as overpowered as it is going to get. I don't see how the flying instant-kill dodge-everything send-everything-somewhere-else no jutsu would even be brought up when I am addressing something a select group of people can already use while those that should be able to use it can't. It's not asking for a new system, it's asking for an example jutsu to be made so I can show people what I am trying to do without people going all "Omg, he's going to become like Wolverine/Deadpool".

Again, I would like to point out that the Anime/Manga only has so much in common with US, though someone with puppetry and the required SC's and puppet parts/mechanics could pretty much pull that off as a Chuunin. So please refrain from pulling rank into this, because Naruto is pretty much the strongest person on the planet while still being a Genin while the rest of the Konoha Twelve are all Chuunin or Jounin that get slapped and die or just remain useless [Sakura], proving Rank means nothing in the Anime/Manga. As for the start-up problems you have addressed, puppetry is not the only thing to experience this, as C ranked Taijutsu always gets fisted by equal ranked Ninjutsu or Genjutsu users. Aside from that, Fuuinjutsu at low ranks is also really weak but gets stronger as it ranks up, the same thing going for puppetry.

Whether staff is capable of handling a "Unique Request" such as this is not something that should be brought into this. Staff always has something to do, every couple of days/weeks something new comes up and someone else goes inactive/joins the team. They have had to deal with unique requests on several occasions, some being bigger than the other. Bijuu get remade, summons get remade, barriers get remade, things get limited and made into clan-only abilities, etc etc etc. Staff always has to deal with shit that may seem hard to handle, though I once again want to stress that this is not one of those times. When the initial jutsu itself is made, staff can work with me to make it fair and decide whether it will not an actual system. I can't believe I need to say this again, but it seems like I am going to have to. If someone wants to regenerate their wounds, the jutsu I made for it would mean the character loses 36 chakra points in two/three posts, the trade-off being that they managed to heal some burn wounds and some cuts that won't directly influence the fight at all. Why things are being blown out of proportions so much is something I personally do not understand when I think of things that have passed and really left me in awe.

I would like to think that this pretty much sums up all that I had left to say in regards to all of the stuff you brought up. While a lot of the things you brought up had no real link to this thread or what I am aiming for, I still felt like I should state my point of view on the matter.

Also, I would like it if you stopped the self-righteous knight in shining armor stuff. Every single member on this site pretty much knows you of all people pretty much raped the "Nothing is unavoidable" rule as well as the whole "You need a reason for killing people" ideal that has been a part of this site for years. Your Clan along with your SC's and your S ranked jutsu pretty much void the whole "Nothing is unavoidable" rule by saying some people are capable of stopping it. The same thing goes for your affliction that pretty much gives you the right to kill anyone and make it legit, again breaking a set part of this site for your personal benefit. So please don't make me look like the person that is trying to break the site after what you got away with...

I don't mind if you state your beliefs on the thread at all, I just don't like it when people who know exactly what they got away with want to try and shut things down like this so others might not get what they aim for. Just my two cents in regarding this behavior.
Back to top Go down
Faker
Nukenin

PostSubject: Re: Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku EmptyMon 22 Sep 2014, 7:24 pm

BRUH! wrote:
Also, I would like it if you stopped the self-righteous knight in shining armor stuff. Every single member on this site pretty much knows you of all people pretty much raped the "Nothing is unavoidable" rule as well as the whole "You need a reason for killing people" ideal that has been a part of this site for years. Your Clan along with your SC's and your S ranked jutsu pretty much void the whole "Nothing is unavoidable" rule by saying some people are capable of stopping it. The same thing goes for your affliction that pretty much gives you the right to kill anyone and make it legit, again breaking a set part of this site for your personal benefit. So please don't make me look like the person that is trying to break the site after what you got away with...

Since this is the real meat of everything lol lets just skip the BS.

I was actually trying to be nice about the whole thing. Anybody on the site that knows me beyond my character knows that I'm all for everything you're doing. I have been for it, on this site and my previous ones and the next if I continue roleplaying. I'm all for making things more fun. And that doesn't necessarily mean I want to go around killing people. If you really felt like I broke the rules with the affliction, then why didn't you make a FA topic?

It's not 'self-righteous knight shit'. It might seem that way, but you can go and ask Trey/Alex/Blind/Seika/Cara/Heida and a few others.. I enjoy combat but I also enjoy good stories and good role-play. Hell even Chris and Becky (new friends I've met here) know I just want feed back on my writing so I can better myself as a writer. I seek to know how I can make a better story.

If I really wanted to "go around killing everything" I would've just made a nukenin and done exactly that. I would've asked for some Uchiha or used the Kaguya and went around being an assassin. Shinjin is one of the mildest characters I've made to date.

Also, if you've read my clan you'd know that it cannot be used in battle (safely). The purpose for the clan is to impersonate NPCS (daimyo's/kages/coughHIROSHIcough). Trey made sure my clan was nerfed to shit even after I told him battle is not what it was designed for. If you fear me running around stealth killing people, then you need to direct your hate to anyone has the A Rank Stealth SC.

On to the point about my Affliction.. The affliction was never designed to go around killing people. The afflictions purpose was designed to show Shinjin's distrust in a physical way. This stems from broken relationships in his past as well as an overbearing responsibility to raise a dead clan from nothing and a bunch of other things that a sixteen year old kid shouldn't have to go through. In short, Shinjin's mind is broken and he may lash out on his loved ones.

Hiroshi.May23 wrote:
"I am not going to lie to you... I am certain that I unlike Inoshi will not fall victim to my own power. Despite how it may seem, this is not something I sought from my own greed, but rather a responsibility that was thrust upon me."

Me.May31 wrote:

Now he understood what the new Mizukage was really doing.
He was destroying the image of the Sandaime. Destroying anything of him that might be considered good. He was replacing any good with hatred anger and disgust. It rippled through the crowd as well, disappointed faces and grunts of displeasure and contempt.

Hiroshi.Jun17 wrote:
The people needed to see not only that Inoshi was unfit to continue acting in his position, but they also needed to see that he was still alive in that it allowed them to confirm that I had not simply killed him in order to assume his figurative 'throne'. Even the defeated and broken have their uses."

Me.Jun17 wrote:

“People wouldn’t riot. Kage’s come and go. That’s what they do. They either die in a battle or they die of natural causes, or in some cases they might step down if they get a little…” He put emphasis on it. “Old…”
“Anyway, I really don’t buy into the bullshit here about him being so weak. You’re nobody Hiroshi. Just like a ninja is supposed to be.” He dropped honorifics.

Me.Aug19 wrote:
Tatsuo's situation, while more hidden also carried some questions as well. Who exactly was this Allied Ninja? What type of jurisdiction did he have? Why had nothing been done to help our own shinobi before an outsider could come into picture? Blaming everything on Hiroshi made figuring it out easier, but it simply could not be the only answer. No, Hiroshi had to know what was going on within his village walls, despite being new as Mizukage.

Me.Aug28 wrote:
During his return to Kirigakure from his travels, he thought to himself how Hiroshi's lack of nationalism showed his inability to lead. But now, Kiri would be leading the forefront in a global war against the integrity of the 'Allied Shinobi' and also the integrity of the Lightning Country and it's Raikage.
How would the world react?

TreasonTopic wrote:
“Hiroshi wanted to make himself look good. Hiroshi injected himself perfectly into the situation from the shadows. That is why I want to know everything about Inoshi, so I can find out who Hiroshi is and what he plans to do with Kirigakure. His entire aura.... is shady to say the least.”

Now ask yourself, who does Shinjin really want to kill? Shinjin faults Hiroshi for everything that happened/happens to him because he feels Hiroshi is controlling him and manipulating the village. But a sixteen year old assassin cannot raise a family in one had, have two wives in the other and then kill people like its nothing. That makes no sense, so something has to give. His mind is now broken and he can't control himself. Hiroshi was, and always has been my real target.

His affliction reflects a young minds inability to handle responsibilities of being ninja. I don't know, just like Sasuke stabbed Karin out of no where for being in the way? When he clearly cared about her enough to save her from Amaterasu vs Killer Bee. Just like Kisame killed himself because he was sick of being manipulated and wanted truth in his life. Just like Itachi was going to rewire Sasuke for the rest of this life, because he made a mistake. My affliction is no different from Gaara wanting to "kill everything." It just happens in episodes.

It's all about the fun of writing bro, that's it.
Back to top Go down
Ruka
Ruka

PostSubject: Re: Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku EmptyMon 22 Sep 2014, 8:07 pm

Iza wrote:
I'm all for making things more fun. And that doesn't necessarily mean I want to go around killing people. If you really felt like I broke the rules with the affliction, then why didn't you make a FA topic?

I don't want to involve myself in what seems like a pretty heated debate about nothing that has anything to do with the actual topic or offend any of you two because you two pretty much ARE the site.

That being said, Iza, it's not about what you MEAN to do with it, it's about what COULD BE DONE. Let me show you what I mean, I don't plan to ever involve my character in any PVP topic and if one is forced on me I'll be the one to kill her in the first several posts because I don't enjoy the Batmaning that PVP on this site has descended to.

Having that in mind by your logic that means I should be allowed ANYTHING just because of what I mean to do with it has nothing to do with any player interaction and is only for me and my own solo plots which are the bulk of what I do on this site. Having something like that approved would make sense in your individual case (assuming your goals of having it are as plot driven as you claim) but someone with far more stupid ideas could ask for the same "affliction" and would have to be given it because you were.

What that means that even if you don't intend to use it as "Free IC reason to go nuts" card, someone else eventually will. To me that affliction looks like nothing more than "I need to kill that character but it'd make no sense so I need IC reason to do so" kind of thing. I'm really sorry if that is not the case but that's just what it IS and what it could be used for. If a troll joined this site and saw someone having it, it means that such a thing is accepted on this site and they could easily abuse it.

You could raise a case that "it was debated with staff and we settled things and I've told them what I plan to do with it etc..." but the fact remains that this affliction can't be anything other but "shady". Let's return to our supposed troll situation, so the guy feels absolutely nuts and decides to kill everyone on the site and the only thing that's stopping him is common sense as to why would his character kill people. What he would do after seeing this being accepted is to get something like it himself and go on a rampage, it actually sounds ironic when you say it's all about creativity when what this affliction does is gives you "Free Kill This Guy No Creativity Needed" card.

So our theoretical troll takes up this "affliction" for eval, what follows is one of two:

*) He gets it approved and starts wasting people by using "OMG I "accidentally didn't take my pills" as a total opposite of a creative IC reason to kill people

*) He doesn't get it approved, which means that for some reason you got special treatment making me raise the question "Why?" Just because your character doesn't plan to do anything destructive with it, does that make it OK?

If you really wanted it just for plot purposes, you could've easily made it out without this SC as there's no reason for it to exist, what it seems to me as a first reason as to why you made it so official is to wave it into the face of someone you killed saying "Dude, see this? My char totally can flip out unexpectedly like that..." as an official reason for killing someone, if you really wanted it purely for plot purposes, there would be no need to go so far and make it so official...

Once again it's just how it looks to an outsider and I don't wish to accuse you of things or point fingers (except few people and few reasons I will choose to keep to myself) about this whole situation. Now that this is said, nothing being discussed here makes any sense and does anything positive anymore, I'd strongly suggest that Cap requests this thread solved because all it does is fuel hatred and anger between people making them bicker.

I hope you understand where I'm coming from, I respect you both as writers but some decisions regarding Kirigakure ninja from the side of Administration sometimes could only be described as mind-boggling...
Back to top Go down
Faker
Nukenin

PostSubject: Re: Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku EmptyMon 22 Sep 2014, 8:49 pm

Then for the sake of fairness lol, take away my affliction and the clan. I'll just be plain James. Is that fair?

EDIT: make some proposed changes to make my thing balanced if it screams potential abuse. get rid of everything on my app that seems overpowered and ill change it lol.
Back to top Go down
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

PostSubject: Re: Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku EmptyMon 22 Sep 2014, 9:02 pm

I agree with what Ruka has brought up. To continue with what Ruka said and with what I have been planning on saying, I want to continue at the point where you said you had those Overpowered things because of the fun angle and not to kill people with it or stuff like that. Ruka stated that it is not what you mean to do with it but what you can do with it.

I want to get this regeneration thing for my Kaguya to do what I said earlier, not because I intend to be like Pre-Adamantium Wolverine and going berserker mode and stabbing people to death while instantly regenerating every wound I sustain. The Regeneration is simple in that it can only heal a certain type of wound with the trade-off being that you use a fuckload of chakra to restore some wounds that do not impair your ability to fight in the slightest. That said, I am going to take the lack of Moderator/Admin posts as a go ahead in terms of making the jutsu. Once the jutsu itself is made, we can use the things brought up in here as a reference to see whether it could pass as it is or would require further moderation. It seems like the best way to handle it because really, this thread derailed hard.

Also, Ruka implied special treatment, not that your clan had to get Rekt.
Back to top Go down
Faker
Nukenin

PostSubject: Re: Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku EmptyMon 22 Sep 2014, 9:07 pm

You guys are like sayin "you posted it up to show us that you can just go around killing."

That's an assumption on your end. I posted it up because an affliction is something that hurts your character. It was a major impact to the character and i felt like i needed to reflect that by posting it up. That's the purpose of having an affliction system in the first place.

Or suggest some rules from keep me from "killing everything" and im fine with whatever you say as long as staff looks it over
Back to top Go down
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

PostSubject: Re: Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku EmptyMon 22 Sep 2014, 9:19 pm

I don't really think you've really been reading what Ruka and I said, so I think it will be best to wait for Trey to lock up this thread and get on with it. I used your character as an example of things that are frowned upon heavily getting approved, which is the same way people would view Regeneration [Thanks Wolverine and Deadpool]. This thread was derailed, so lets finish it up before it turns into a shitstorm that will reflect negatively on the actual subject of this thread. You've stated your stuff, I stated mine, Katsumi had some input and Ruka spoke her mind, now it's just up to Trey to finish up this thread and get to the point where I can start making some jutsu or we can continue discussing the actual subject at hand, a thing that really doesn't need further discussion in my opinion because it really has been explained in a manner that most chimpanzee would get that it is in no way OP or game breaking [No offense to Chimpanzee or other apes intended.]. My Regeneration will not heal entire organs in a post, it will not grow back a limb in the blink of an eye or in any way make me immortal. It can take care of moderate cuts and second degree burn wounds at best, two things that hardly matter during a combat thread as they do not hold you back unless [as previously stated] you intend to fight like Madara and Hashirama from dusk till dawn, in which case the blood loss would make you faint and lose. Since that is not the case, I say we get this over with.

Back to top Go down
Enzo
Kumo Nin
Enzo

PostSubject: Re: Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku EmptyTue 23 Sep 2014, 12:19 am

You guy there wrote:
My Regeneration will not heal entire organs in a post, it will not grow back a limb in the blink of an eye or in any way make me immortal. It can take care of moderate cuts and second degree burn wounds at best, two things that hardly matter during a combat thread as they do not hold you back unless [as previously stated] you intend to fight like Madara and Hashirama from dusk till dawn, in which case the blood loss would make you faint and lose. Since that is not the case, I say we get this over with.
Here's the thing. Auto-regeneration of small wounds DOES impact a fight. When you get cut, it's not only your skin that's cut, it's also your muscle tissue. It makes your punches weaker, your movement slower, etc. Additionally, the pain from being stabbed or burned is enough to distract someone, lower their morale, make them worried the wound might get infected, etc. It has a psychological effect as much as a physical effect. By having what is essentially an auto-regen, you eliminate both of these handicaps. I'm not even mentioning the complete fallacy of a BONE MANIPULATING clan being able to regenerate MUSCLE TISSUE AND SKIN. The human body is composed of less than 2% of calcium, the overwhelming MAJORITY of which is tied to the bones. Your cells barely use even a fraction of this calcium for anything close to regeneration. The amount of calcium used to clot blood or repair muscle tissue is so negligible that it would be the equivalent of arguing "an iron release clan should be able to heal wounds because they can control the iron in their blood." Calcium doesn't do shit. Your CELLS are what do shit. CELLS create bone marrow. CELLS create muscle tissue. CELLS create EVERYTHING in your body. Just because you can control calcium, does not, under any logical circumstance, mean you can control the way your cells function. The best you could do with a clan who's only ability is to manipulate their bones, is repair said bones.

Your claim that you should also be able to healing wounds is entirely illogical. The only basis for your argument is that "Kimimaro could shift his muscles and skin so the bones would exit." If you read the manga, you'd know that this was a BLOODY and GRUESOME process. The anime heavily censored it. On top of that, it's implied that the muscle simply moves out of the way, not that it's torn apart and then regenerated. Even if that were the case, it's a reflexive action that happens. Not something Kimimaro was shown to even remotely control mentally (until the cursed seal was used, but any argument that starts with "when the cursed seal was..." instantly loses all credibility). You cannot ask for something for your character if it makes no god damn sense for your character to have it. The Shikotsumyaku is already hefty powerful. Asking for a regenerative effect IS equivalent to a sharingan user asking for Mangekyou sharingan; except the sharingan user actually has more grounds for his argument than you do, because we've actually seen people in the anime control a mangekyou sharingan. What if someone suddenly went and said that Byakugan should be allowed an upgrade akin to Mangekyou, simply because something SIMILAR (the sharingan) can do the same thing. The topic would be closed in a heartbeat. The same logic applies here. There is literally one character in the entire canon that has ever used Shikotsumyaku (ignoring the rabbit god thing for reasons I need not mention), and most of his techniques were fueled by the cursed seal. I'm pretty sure that alone gives the staff every right to outright deny a claim that a "BONE MANIPULATION clan should be allowed to REGENERATE FLESH".

Why the hell is this even a discussion? Just leave regeneration to medical ninja and their green glowy chakra shit. Why do you have to over complicate things for an ability that is already plenty powerful? You don't see people in Wood Release clan members asking for regenerating abilities themselves despite it being done in the canon. You don't see Alex asking to use all four different types of lava release despite it being shown that they're all made from the same two elements. Why? Because their abilities are already plenty powerful. Shikotsumyaku is already plenty powerful, and you're complaining that it's not strong enough. Bitch you can literally remove your spine from your body AND STILL MOVE AROUND. What the hell are you complaining about?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.darkbb.com/forum
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

PostSubject: Re: Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku EmptyTue 23 Sep 2014, 12:56 am

Did you even read the entire thread? If you can't bring up the decency to read about it all, don't even bother posting something that only partially applies to the matters at hand. Again, this is why I asked staff to lock the thread.
Back to top Go down
Enzo
Kumo Nin
Enzo

PostSubject: Re: Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku EmptyTue 23 Sep 2014, 1:03 am

Yes I did. But thank you for making a judgement call without any credibility. Kind of like your entire thesis on Kaguya regeneration.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.darkbb.com/forum
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

PostSubject: Re: Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku EmptyTue 23 Sep 2014, 6:17 am

[image]

I see as per usual an FA topic has been reduced to arguing over largely one sided misunderstandings and the results of gossip in the span of hours. Considering this has devolved into a cluster fuck of ridiculous proportions, I'm going to go down the list in a categorical fashion, as opposed to post by post manner for reasons that should be utterly apparent.

That being said, as I have been informed there have been complaints in regards to me not yet posting on this topic to which I take great offence. Firstly, to spell the issues out in my usual form for those who insist on posting topics like this is an endeavour at best. Secondly, not only do I work twelve hour shifts from six AM to six PM, but I am also forced to run errands most times after work given the issues I've mentioned in the past regarding family matters. Now to hear that there have been complaints about me not posting on a topic within the span of a little over twenty four hours (from Vergil's initial post, not the rest) when I spent 12 of that at work and six to eight of that sleeping and/or attempting to sleep given I have to rise before any decent human should have to do so, is a little more than irritating. To think that some people are only capable of displaying a level of patience rivaling that of my two year old cousin is also more than irritating.

A topic like this, being not only a controversial subject in nature, but also of multiple subject matters, is going to get a mass of replies and not all replies are going to be on the same subject, but prior to you, Vergil, derailing the threads with your ad hominem arguments towards Izayah, I know full and well that Izayah's line of questioning although differing from the specific subject matter of regeneration, held reason and relation to the topic. If you really wanted the topic to stay on track you could have ommitted a vast majority of the said ad hominen arguments and kept to the subject matter that was given to you.

Now, given that I have come home to a cluster fuck of posts, skype messages, and chat logs in regards to a number of issues, both relating to issues brought up in this topic and on the chat box, I'm going to save myself a lot of time and address them all here and to help those who don't want to read the whole thing, I'll even include a table of contents, with the subject matters listed directly below.

Regeneration be it Kaguya or Otherwise:
Vergil | Medical Profession wrote:
I fully understand that the Professions are made to give some unique benefits to the user, though there should always be exceptions to the rule. When it comes down to regenerating a limb, a Kaguya that has medical knowledge of a sufficient rank should always be the first person on the list to be capable of such a thing. While I completely understand that professions are made to be unique, there are a lot of people that already have a jutsu that in some way or shape copies a jutsu that only one of these professions could use.

I'm only really going to touch up on this briefly, but all the same I feel like the point needs to be made. There should not always be exceptions to the rule. Exceptions should be few and far between if allowed at all. That being said, your character, specialization and clan play no part in this at all, because as a site, mechanic changing exceptions should not be made if at all avoidable. In this case, it is very much avoidable.

Ironically you use pretty much the same argument I see from everyone thinking that an exception should be made to the rule. "Other people have it why cant I?" The answer is really simple to such a question is really simple.

Firstly, techniques that copy those of professions really should not exist, much like those that copy clan, village and or limited techniques, for reasons I shouldn't need to explain. That being said, I cannot claim to be omniscient and if I cannot make such a claim, I really cannot expect fellow staff members to do the same. Mistakes will be made even where they shouldn't be, the only thing that can be done after the fact is to rectify said mistakes.

That being said, I am not going to simply leave the discussion there as I am willing to discuss the mechanics in regards to the concept of regeneration much later in my post.

Vergil | Kaguya Misconception wrote:
The good thing about a Bloodline is that it allows for some personal interpretation when the full level of power was never truly shown in the Anime aside from Kimimaro, a boy that has been locked up and sick for the majority of his life.

Amusingly enough, at this point you basically admit that your entire argument for this ability is conjecture whilst also making a statement that seems largely false.

To remove the need to utilize context clues I'm going to directly refer to Kimimaro's abilities and Shikotsumyaku itself thus removing the vague identifier of 'Bloodline'. Now I must assume that those who participate in a discussion regarding such abilities has at least read the relevant Manga chapters or at the very least seen the Anime, even if the latter misrepresents or even omits important details.

Given that I don't really have the time to go through and site specific sources within the Manga itself, I'm going to pull most of my references from either the Naruto Wikia or my own head.

Narutopedia | Kimimaro | Abilities wrote:
Kimimaro was referred to by Orochimaru as the most powerful member of the Kaguya clan, having "abilities that even his war-loving clan feared". Because of this, he was locked away in a cage for most of his life, only released occasionally when needed to fight other clans. His fighting abilities far outclassed all the members of the Sound Four combined, and his mastery of the Cursed Seal even impressed Jūgo, who is the source of the Cursed Seal.[5] In fact, Kimimaro is the only person before Sasuke who could control Jūgo without exerting any efforts. The fact that he could fight Naruto, Lee, and Gaara while dying of disease, and never actually being defeated by them, indicates he was an extremely powerful combatant at his peak.

To put it bluntly, there's no reason to assume that his illness actually effects his clan related abilities. As we see from his fight with Naruto and company, his a bloodline abilities are by and large top notch. This is very similar in many regards to Itachi, who's techniques and bloodline abilities were not directly impacted by his illness either. Both are shown to be exceptionally strong in ability regardless of their physical ailments. The illness in both examples however, does effect their physical ability to fight in regards to stamina and likely other 'stat' based decreases, with Stamina being a key point because it obviously relates to not only chakra usage but also movement and general ability to last in a fight. His ability to fight was hampered by his disease, butt that does not directly infer that his clan abilities were directly hindered.

My point is only really supported by the fact that when resurrected by Edo Tensei, neither Kimimaro or Itachi (disregarding Kotoamatsukami and Kishi's need to fix his broken ass story line) show any new set of clan related abilities directly of their own as I recall, both are merely able to fight without needing to regard or be limited by previous ailments.

Further if you really, really want to be accurate, you need to realize that a lot of Kimimaro displayed abilities are either augmented or made possible by the Curse Seal of Earth and its two subsequent stages. This is the same curse seal which essentially forces out massive amounts of your chakra and the chakra subsequently buffs your physical stats and general abilities. Thus it is really hard to accurately say where his power level without the curse seal would be in terms of techniques, but need I remind you that you are given all of his techniques without such need for speculation simply by being of the clan.

Kimimaro, like a vast majority of characters within the series is likely a man of few actual techniques and we've already seen that a majority of his techniques are variations of one initial technique, much like Naruto and Rasengan or Sasuke and Chidori. His combat prowess came not solely from his clan abilities, but more so his general physical prowess. To make a mostly accurate comparison consider a Taijutsu and Weaponry Kaguya at A or S - rank level with each of the physical Special Characteristics. Their strength would come less from their arsenal and only serve to be augmented by their superb physical stats.

Vergil | Medical Shinobi and Their Abilities wrote:
Medical shinobi know pretty much everything there is to know about the human body, though even someone as skilled as Kabuto had no way of making Kimimaro better when he was ill.

The part in bold is also a statement of conjecture. I highly doubt that the knowledge of Medical Ninja would surpass that of modern medicine, even if they can commit feats of 'miracle' utilzing their chakra, I dare say their knowledge is just as limited if not more limited than ours presently.

Vergil | Gishi no Sasuse wrote:
Say someone is a Medic of the Kaguya clan that can use medical chakra instead of normal chakra to infuse calcium, that Kaguya would be able of using a new form of Ninjutsu that would basically have a similar jutsu as the Medical Ninja/Black Jack Doctor profession such as Gishi no Sakuse [Artificial Limb Creation]. As you have already stated, a Kaguya can already recreate the skeleton if an arm is to be cut off. While such a thing would be impossible to do during combat, a Kaguya with Medical Ninjutsu rivaling the rank required for Gishi no Sakuse, which is A rank, should be capable of doing such a thing if they have Clan Mastery in their pocket. Because completely growing back a limb would take a lot of time, the Kaguya variation of such a technique could not be used during a thread, meaning it would need to be done in a new thread or at the end of the fight, effectively making it more of a supplementary technique than a combat technique that can only be used on him/herself and not even on others because they do not have the Medical Ninja/Black Jack Doctor profession to teach them how to do it.

Once again I must point out that much of the argument against this ability is no an argument of 'Is it possible?' but rather 'should it be allowed?' Once again we must return to my above statements in regards to the limitations and 'unique' benefits afforded to various factions or clans.

To further, realistically Gishi no Sakuse, should probably classed as an S - Rank technique in difficulty alone, if such an advanced level of creation is even possible. I use creation here because you are no longer simply healing or rectifying minor injuries but rather creating an entire limb and all complicated components. Creation Rebirth, a technique which is banned here (for a number of reasons I assume) is regarded as the pinnacle of Medical Techniques in the Manga and I would not say that even it possessed regenerative abilities to such an extent that it would be able to regenerate an entire limb from (presumably) the shoulder downward where it was previously missing. Further, Creation Rebirth required Yin Seal: Release (an S - Rank Fūinjutsu) to store the chakra required over time to perform such a high level of regeneration. Also the the cost of this technique is the simple lethal fact that the user must shorten their own lifespan with every use ?

Also I must mention that I never state that such a level of bone regrowth (and do not misinterpret this as an entire limb when I mean only the bone) would not be usable in combat, technically it is entirely possible and Kaguya do it on a regular basis as they are either forced to re-grow the bone or wait for it to grow again, lest they be unable to use said limb.

Vergil| Regeneration OP? Who Knew?! wrote:
Again, I completely agree with what you are saying here. If everyone was to run around with things such as regeneration, things would become very chaotic and get really OP really soon. That however is also why it should be restricted and useful to the point where it does not become OP or too weak.

Once again we come at the cross roads between what is possible, what should be allowed and what is presently allowed. Currently, beyond the abilities granted by the Kyūbi (which will likely never be in play as a Jinchūriki) I believe the highest level of regeneration allowed is Inyu Shometsu - Secret Healing Injury Destruction, Kabuto's self regeneration technique. As I recall this technique has it's own limits in the that it obviously requires a hefty amount of chakra and also it primarily only heals the surface of an injury (which I cannot say with entire accuracy.) That being said, the US version could use a hefty amount of clarification, but is otherwise still surprisingly strong. The only catch being, it must be issued prior to an attack being made. As it stands, with Creation Rebirth being banned and it's prerequisites being thrown out the window, I feel like this should be the max form of high level regeneration afforded to anyone, clan or otherwise.

Vergil | Regeneration wrote:
As for actual regeneration, I do believe that the only people that will actually qualify for such a thing would be either a Senju or a Kaguya with the Clan Master SC and Medical Ninjutsu of at least B rank in order to heal shallow cuts, A rank to heal slightly deeper cuts and burn wounds and S rank to heal stab wounds and third degree burns.

See above, both in regards to Inyu Shometsu and my previous mentions about limitations. Also, need I point out that burns do not heal in the same manner as other injuries.

[quote=Vergil | Regeneration Limits]like limb regeneration, is out of our league, as it is for everyone. While someone could restore an organ or a limb out of battle, doing so through active regeneration would just be way, way too much and become too OP to handle.[/quote]

Given that I'm getting rather tired of 'hearing' my own voice, I'm going to respond to more select arguments in effort to simply not repeat myself. Essentially without the ability to regenerate organs or limbs you return to the capabilities of Inyu Shometsu, an open Canon technique which not only requires only slight edits and no new system nor any just reason for limitation, but also can be tracked in a more fair and balanced way in regards to combat.

The rest is of little consequence or barely even worth responding against. The Senju, Uzumaki and Kaguya are all shown to have some level of either stamina or physical regen although given the nature of balance they are scarcely afforded such things. Izayah essentially addresses the issue without flaw in his first response.

Vergil wrote:
I believe even Trey himself said that minor regeneration as I described should very well be possible for someone like me that has all the requirements in place.

Although, I should've clarified better, I should've said "I could see reason for..." however, just because I can understand a concept does not entirely mean I agree with it or believe it should be implemented. Also I believe we have entirely different definitions of minor.

Enzo wrote:
Here's the thing. Auto-regeneration of small wounds DOES impact a fight. When you get cut, it's not only your skin that's cut, it's also your muscle tissue. It makes your punches weaker, your movement slower, etc. Additionally, the pain from being stabbed or burned is enough to distract someone, lower their morale, make them worried the wound might get infected, etc. It has a psychological effect as much as a physical effect. By having what is essentially an auto-regen, you eliminate both of these handicaps.

Enzo's statement here is painfully accurate. When you already considered the nature of the Endurace SCs and the assumed effect those grant upon a possessor, the concept of a passive regeneration is a bit laughable.

As I've already stated. I feel as though Inyu Shometsu is the closest I am likely allow anyone to get to regeneration, passive or otherwise.

Izayah's Prompts & Vergil's Responses:
Izayah | Prompt I wrote:
[list][*]Can you propose a list of changes to the Specialty and Special Characteristics System that doesn't make ninjutsu the strongest specialty and taijutsu SC's so strong? Arguably ninjutsu mains with physical SC's are the strongest type within the manga, just look at Sasuke and Naruto from any part in the series and compare them with the K12.

Vergil | Prompt I wrote:
The Specialty and Special Characteristics have all been set up in a way to allow people to be specialists, like how you are an ANBU specialist. Does that mean your character is weaker than another person of your rank that has spread their SC's into various fields? Yes and No. If they managed to focus on the field you would personally suck against, chances are that they would win. If they do not have the means to keep track of you given your ANBU stealth and speed, chances are they won't win. Sure mixing Ninjutsu with physical SC's is strong, but it's not better than others by default.

As I see it Vergil, your response really holds little relevance towards Izayah's first question at all. If the Specialties and SCs are designed to allow people to be specialists, then it is quite poorly done. As has been addressed any number of times, there's is a great disparity in variance between specialties. With Nin/Tai being the most common. Although there is some disagreement between the strength of Taijutsu and the Strength of Weaponry, with the real difference between the two is one of range and utility; the physical specialties and Ninjutsu itself are set up by the SCs to be the strongest. They are afforded the most benefits with the fewest technical limitations and they are by far the easiest to use and understand.

If I felt up to the task I could explain more, but as I said, kinda getting tired of my own 'voice'. Although I must say that you aparently find SC/Specialty choices to be balance when you were complaining on the chat box in part about the results of said Specialty and Characteristic choices with Seika.

As for the rest, in all honesty, fuck that. If Izayah wishes to present the issues in a new topic, I'll respond another time. As it is, I'd rather move on to more pressing matters.

Izayah's Character | SCs and Related Information:

[quote="Vergil | Ad Hominem]Also, I would like it if you stopped the self-righteous knight in shining armor stuff. Every single member on this site pretty much knows you of all people pretty much raped the "Nothing is unavoidable" rule as well as the whole "You need a reason for killing people" ideal that has been a part of this site for years. Your Clan along with your SC's and your S ranked jutsu pretty much void the whole "Nothing is unavoidable" rule by saying some people are capable of stopping it. The same thing goes for your affliction that pretty much gives you the right to kill anyone and make it legit, again breaking a set part of this site for your personal benefit. So please don't make me look like the person that is trying to break the site after what you got away with...

I don't mind if you state your beliefs on the thread at all, I just don't like it when people who know exactly what they got away with want to try and shut things down like this so others might not get what they aim for. Just my two cents in regarding this behavior.[/quote]

His clan which.... has little to no combat application without serious danger? His clan that gives only a slight benefit to the same that can be afforded to anyone by Henge? His clan that I beat down before giving my initial approval? His SCs all of which are affordable to anyone, excluding his social which I will explain in a moment? I assume you are referring to his S - Rank Kick as Titan Barrage's is actually an OP open technique? That has less power than Titan's Barrage or even the Strength SC as a whole? I find the complaint about this technique laughable entirely considering some of the techniques I had to deny from your application, which were on an entirely different scale.

Yes, nothing is unavoidable inherently, yes, but to avoid something the right conditions must be set in place. Would you expect a Nin/Gen user to be able to avoid within close combat of a Tai/Wep user? Whether a technique is avoidable at all is heavily set upon specific sets of circumstances. The disparity here is what was discussed above, not of Izayah's fault but a problem with the system itself.

But at the same time, as you
Vergil | Combat and Weaknesses wrote:
[quote="Vergil | Combat and Weaknesses"]That is however what it is like for everyone. Yoroi has a set weakness I won't explain here, as does Hiruzen. A smart combat writer can figure those out and exploit them while someone less smart might not be able to. In the end, it all comes down to the roleplayer, the things they chose to use with their character and how good they are at it. At the end of the day, even a close combat fighter can beat someone tossing massive fireballs if they use their stuff right or manage to outplay the opponent. Character set-up is a very important thing if you choose to be an active fighter, though writing skill is just as important.

With that in mind, let me address the SC and this "Death Rule" that you and Ruka seem to keep mention.

As every single one of us has done at some point in RPing Career, we've made mentally crazy characters. Characters with homicidal intent, characters with split personalities. Such a thing has never been limited. It's frowned upon, because it is.... well lame, but not deniable. Right now, I could make a character who simply has a desire to kill and that would be all the IC reason to kill I or anyone would need. Granted as we progress as roleplayers I would hope that our character's personalities become more than just that simple attribute, but my point still stands. The only difference between writing it into his personality and applying for it in an affliction is simply that it grants the chance for more explanation. Something that would not likely be done by random troll #57.

And for the record, the only 'death rule' there is is the simple need for some form of IC justification. If I walked up to Izayah after he has this SC and as Hiroshi decided that he was a threat to the village I could kill him. If Hiroshi views Seika's actions in consorting with Cross' Character as treason, I could kill him. IC justification is incredibly flimsy as a whole and the both of you are only taking applications at face value, rather than considering the nature of the character in his interactions.

Here is every mention of Death, both in the general rules and systems topic.

Rules | Suicide and Planned Death wrote:
Death is something that every ninja will eventually face, but a lot of people tend to take the idea of Suicide for granted. Now strictly speaking about suicide for a moment, this would go against everything a ninja stands for but it is usually done in an unreasonable fashion. When it comes to committing suicide your death needs to be reviewed in the Evaluations Section to ensure that it is well within reason before having the death approved. Moderators should be looking at how you killed the character off, your characters personality and how well it was written to decide whether or not your topic is acceptable. Suicide is portrayed as the taking of ones own life due to emotional instability, this means if the personality displayed on your application isn't fitting for such a scenario you better have had some sort of major personality development in character to warrant a suicide. Moving on to planned deaths, although they aren't classified as suicides in character, out of character is a whole different ball game. If you're setting up a fight or spar with somebody where the end result has been predetermined and your character is killed then this is the exact meaning of a planned death and also requires evaluation before being approved. If a higher ranked character kills off their ninja they shouldn't expect to receive automatic permission to resume their previous high ranking, although in some cases this rule can be bypassed if administrators are in agreement. Otherwise, when you kill of a character, your next character should be C-rank.

Rules | Death wrote:
In regards to threads where death may play a factor members should realize that failure to post in a thread where your character is in a potentially dangerous or fatal situation an lead to your character being declared dead if it is left for an extended time without a valid excuse. This is to be decided by the administration team and whether or not any of the attacks in the thread at the time could be seen as difficult to dodge which could result in an involuntary character death. Please note that although planned deaths or suicides are not supported or advised by the staff they are permitted if it is done correctly. To ensure that these kinds of topics stay at a bare minimum though we implore that all members thoroughly consider what kind of character they will enjoy for the long run before creating one because being a repeat offender of suicides or planned deaths may result in an eventual form of punishment because its not a topic to be taken lightly, so please do not treat is as such.

Systems | Additional Ways to Earn EXP wrote:
The life of a shinobi is dangerous. Death is always around the corner so one must watch their back, as well as the backs of their comrades. When one fails, however, another should be rewarded and it is due to this, that EXP may also be gained through killing other shinobi.

Systems wrote:
Abuse of the System
Here on Ultimate Shinobi, we view characters as an extension of you - the role-player. Due to this, interchangeable characters are not allowed on the forum. All deaths will be evaluated for the 'realism' of their execution. If we have found that you have initiated it with the intentions of gaining a new character - we will deny the death, voiding the topic and stating to you that it never existed.

Approved Deaths
In the case that a death is given proper approval and the deceased character was killed in a regulated manner, the member will receive 30% of their previous overall EXP total which will then be transferred to their next shinobi. In the case where the number is a decimal, it will be rounded up in value. Suicide is excluded from this sub-category.

Therefore, a full transaction of an approved kill would be as followed:
Billy's genin, Koi, was killed in a battle with Sarah's C-Rank Missing Nin, Sanji.

Deaths are evaluated for 'realism'. This SC does not remove, subvert or otherwise break that rule, arguably as much as simply writing it into your personality would.

Various Other Remarks:

Vergil wrote:
That said, I am going to take the lack of Moderator/Admin posts as a go ahead in terms of making the jutsu.

Whilst I shudder at making a rape analogy, that's all I can see here. "She didn't say no, so that means I can do what I want." Never in the history of US has the lack of a yes, inclined that you should continue with your idea. This applies to everything, from applying to a clan, Jin, limited technique, etc.

As I recall you've been scolded in the past for taking things into your own hands without approval, the same would be the case now.

With all that said and much of what I wanted to say omited for time. Contact me on skype in regards to any other issues, or respond here in a civil manner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku Involving Kekkei Tota and the Shikotsumyaku Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-