Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

AE Kekkei Genkai and Element Manipulation SC

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Elsa
Elsa

AE Kekkei Genkai and Element Manipulation SC Vide
PostSubject: AE Kekkei Genkai and Element Manipulation SC AE Kekkei Genkai and Element Manipulation SC EmptySun 28 Sep 2014, 6:56 am

So I was just doing my thing on here and just creeping around certain topics when I stumbled upon the Sandaime Mizukage's Character App. Now while reading through his app, there was a little birdy that came to my attention and that was the fact that he had ice release. Now the first thing I asked myself was "Wait a minute? Isn't he a Yamanaka?" Well indeed he was, so the second thing I asked myself was "How does he have Ice release if he isn't part of the Yuki Clan?" So after a little more digging, I came across his SCs and found the following...

Spoiler:

Now I do understand that his abilities aren't as strong as that of a Yuki ninja, however, This is practically giving a player use of two clan abilities is he/she is already in a clan such as this character was. Also, it isn't fair for those who actually joined that clan (In this case being the Yuki Clan) and seeing their Kekkei Genkai being copied by others who are a part of another clan. It just makes the point of the element being a Kekkei Genkai entirely pointless.

I do take notice that in the Anime, there are ninjas who are able to manipulate ice although not being a part of the Yuki clan, but these ninjas have to use pre-existing ice that is already in their environment. They are unable to create their own as stated in the Wiki. The ability of creating your own ice using chakra is a skill of the Yuki Clan. Based on the players character(the Sandaime Mizukage) His jutsu stated the ability to make his own ice.

In conclusion, As a member of an advanced element clan, I believe it is not fair to members of such clans to have their Kekkei Genkai's copied, especially when those copying are already a part of another clan. I think they're should either be more limitations to such a special characteristic such as users who decide to have it cannot currently be apart of a clan, also that current clan advanced elements not being able to be copied.
Back to top Go down
Cross
Cross

PostSubject: Re: AE Kekkei Genkai and Element Manipulation SC AE Kekkei Genkai and Element Manipulation SC EmptySun 28 Sep 2014, 7:05 am

I do agree with the post as the SC should be altered a bit "In Regards to Clans: Possessors of this characteristic may imitate elements beholden to clans, but within certain restraints."

I don't know how I feel about having Mokuton being given to a non-clan member, or how Ice release (Although common) is gained this easily without being a part of the bloodline. Maybe we're just looking too deep into this, but I'm glad you brought this to the attention of staff, even if it states that Yuki members would be more powerful

It's like they're gaining two bloodlines with this SC if they are apart of another clan that doesn't use elemental release. (Kaguya, Hyuuga, etc)
Back to top Go down
Persy
Kumo Nin
Persy

PostSubject: Re: AE Kekkei Genkai and Element Manipulation SC AE Kekkei Genkai and Element Manipulation SC EmptySun 28 Sep 2014, 7:13 am

Trey from Vergil's Previous Topic wrote:
‎Actually I will take a hit here, but only in a sense. For now the Advanced Element and KKT SC will be unavailable until proper edits and or systems are established. The only one this effects I believe is Ruka to which I must apologize.

Very good point to bring up, Kurogane. We are currently working on a solution now.
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

PostSubject: Re: AE Kekkei Genkai and Element Manipulation SC AE Kekkei Genkai and Element Manipulation SC EmptySat 18 Oct 2014, 5:43 am

If I may put in my two cents; the idea behind allowing possessors of the SC to replicate clan elements is because, over a long enough frame of time, every advanced element becomes a clan thing. Sooner or later, someone or another tries to create a clan for a particular element. Naturally, if holders of the SC were barred from gaining clan-similar elements, eventually, every element would be a clan element, and they'd get jack squat. So users of the SC were allowed to imitate clans, with two particular limits; those of the actual blood will invariably have stronger jutsu than those of the SC (EX: SC Ice Sword shatters against Clan Ice Sword), and the SC users cannot create jutsu that imitate or replicate the canon clan jutsu.

In short; at the time, it was easier to limit the capabilities of the copied element than it was to create some massive list of "Elements this SC can be applied for" and "Elements this SC cannot be applied for."
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

PostSubject: Re: AE Kekkei Genkai and Element Manipulation SC AE Kekkei Genkai and Element Manipulation SC EmptyFri 31 Oct 2014, 3:26 am

Updates to the SC are pending as noted in other topics. Solved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AE Kekkei Genkai and Element Manipulation SC AE Kekkei Genkai and Element Manipulation SC Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-