Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A silly idea of mine

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

A silly idea of mine - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: A silly idea of mine A silly idea of mine - Page 2 EmptyMon 02 Mar 2015, 4:47 pm

Mugen wrote:
These are all really easy to address with a single addition to the training system. Simply limit the number of jutsu you are allowed to train in any given time period. For example, five jutsu a month.

This would/should actually take care of pretty much every single problem that exists around the actual training of jutsu, seeing as three OOC months are pretty much an IC year. That said, most people are not That fast when it comes to writing things anyway, so I think putting a limit on the amount of jutsu that can be trained is a really fair thing to do while also allowing the memberbase even more freedom as to how they wish to do things. If you limit the amount of jutsu they can train, the rank of said jutsu hardly matters as people might need a bunch of lower ranked jutsu to finish up an arsenal they might need in order to deal with a certain tactic they have in mind.

I think this should be included. Also, I think this is one of the better FA threads i've seen in months as there has been literally 0 name calling, so my compliments to the people that have taken part in trying to work out a decent system and giving their points of criticism.
Back to top Go down
Crono Guardia
Konoha Nin
Crono Guardia

PostSubject: Re: A silly idea of mine A silly idea of mine - Page 2 EmptyTue 03 Mar 2015, 12:47 am

i can see enzo's point.... you can only really accumulate only so much xp per week which does limit progression.  

I could see a system where a character could be "loaned" exp to train a technique.. then they could type out a training post and go to the evals as normal.  but until they paid back the amount that the technique cost, they couldn't spend exp on anything else until it was paid for.  this would allow the training post to substitute for a normal rp post and should the exp awarded be less then the cost of the technique learned, then the user will need to build xp in other ways to pay it off, and until they do, they cant spend it on anything else. But in the mean time they would still have the jutsu. 

maybe with some sort of max exp loan limit.

Hiruzen wrote:
as there has been literally 0 name calling

i disagree, your mama was calling my name! All night looong  geek

Last edited by Crono Guardia on Tue 03 Mar 2015, 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mugen Kousen
Mugen Kousen

PostSubject: Re: A silly idea of mine A silly idea of mine - Page 2 EmptyTue 03 Mar 2015, 12:51 am

Crono Guardia wrote:
i can see enzo's point.... you can only really accumulate only so much xp per week which does limit progression.  

I could see a system where a character could be "loaned" exp to train a technique.. then they could type out a training post and go to the evals as normal.  but until they paid back the amount that the technique cost, they couldn't spend exp on anything else until it was paid for.  this would allow the training post to substitute for a normal rp post and should the exp awarded be less then the cost of the technique learned, then the user will need to build xp in other ways to pay it off, and until they do, they cant spend it on anything else. But in the mean time they would still have the jutsu. 

maybe with some sort of max exp loan limit.

I love the thinking outside the box attitude, but at the same time I worry that this would be a bit roundabout and convoluted. The "loaned" exp would have to be tracked in the players account which might create clutter and it sounds like it would have an extra approval process of getting said exp loaned out in the first place prior to doing the training and getting an eval done.

Awesome input even though I don't quite agree that it would be a good addition to he system.
Back to top Go down
Crono Guardia
Konoha Nin
Crono Guardia

PostSubject: Re: A silly idea of mine A silly idea of mine - Page 2 EmptyTue 03 Mar 2015, 1:00 am

wouldn't be too difficult to track, just need to add 0/20 xp for _____ jutsu to the account. once it gets fully paid the rest would go into their normal funds or w/e

to avoid misuse, we could make it so this method costs a few xp more then paying for a jutsu outright. 

pro: get the jutsu without having the funds
con: end up eventually paying more for it.

and just like SCs and such, just need to post it and get approved for training. not too much extra work... not nearly on the same level as a normal word count method as the RP posts would be evaluated like normal. Also, unlike the normal method should someone make a 1500 word thread for a low level jutsu, they might end up with an abundance of exp as the thread itself was worth more then the jutsu trained and the excess would be added to their funds.
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

PostSubject: Re: A silly idea of mine A silly idea of mine - Page 2 EmptyTue 03 Mar 2015, 5:38 pm

I think we should stick with what we came up with: only allowing so many jutsu to be trained.
Back to top Go down
Comet Ignition
Comet Ignition

PostSubject: Re: A silly idea of mine A silly idea of mine - Page 2 EmptyThu 05 Mar 2015, 1:55 am

The way i look at it, it seems like a change isn't necessary.

Assuming the change goes through: Person sees Jutsu they want, posts a topic stating they want it, has that approved, writes an X-word topic, waits for a mod to get around to approving it, and receives jutsu.

Assuming it doesn't: Person sees Jutsu they want, does social topic, has it Eval'd and receives XP, posts a topic with the jutsu they want, waits for a mod to take a look, and receives Jutsu.

It seems like adding Jutsu training to the pile of things on the staff's plate would just slow everything down. :/

Back to top Go down
Mugen Kousen
Mugen Kousen

PostSubject: Re: A silly idea of mine A silly idea of mine - Page 2 EmptyThu 05 Mar 2015, 2:41 am

Comet Ignition wrote:
The way i look at it, it seems like a change isn't necessary.

Assuming the change goes through: Person sees Jutsu they want, posts a topic stating they want it, has that approved, writes an X-word topic, waits for a mod to get around to approving it, and receives jutsu.

Assuming it doesn't: Person sees Jutsu they want, does social topic, has it Eval'd and receives XP, posts a topic with the jutsu they want, waits for a mod to take a look, and receives Jutsu.

It seems like adding Jutsu training to the pile of things on the staff's plate would just slow everything down. :/

Does no one read how multiple people have said that we agree it would be too much for staff currently? We're just talking the idea through so if staff activity improves it could be considered in the future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A silly idea of mine A silly idea of mine - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-