Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Favorite Animes and Manga

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
Rail
Rail

Favorite Animes and Manga - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Animes and Manga Favorite Animes and Manga - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 May 2012, 2:14 am

Why thank you. :3
Back to top Go down
http://shamankingmaster.forumotion.net/index.htm
Slurberdur
Kumo Nin
Slurberdur

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Animes and Manga Favorite Animes and Manga - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 May 2012, 2:51 am

Ok well here goes

1. Yu Yu Hakusho - Anime/Manga - My very favorite manga. Though my list has no particular order. I can't believe no one else has this in their list at all. The only anime where I have laughed at almost every single comic relief (and there is a lot) whereas I usually don't even crack a smile through an entire series. Usually myself and the Japanese have an entirely different sense of humor but the characters in this series really struck a chord with me.

2. Death Note - Anime/Manga/Live~Action~Film - I love this series, it keeps you on your toes and has some pretty good plot twists. It was a series where I was almost never able to predict what was going to happen. The overall outcome was usually pretty forseeable but the journey that took you there was always surprising and well worth waiting for. Definitely kept me on my toes and I liked that. Also, so far that I know of, the ONLY good manga to live action translation that I have bore witness too. I actually like the way the series ends in the movie better then I do the cannon. I usually dont like anything better then how it goes in the manga, so this again, is a big accomplishment in my eyes that sets the franchise apart.

3. Naruto - Anime/Manga - I love this series, the characters all have a place in my heart, save for a select few. The vast number of characters there are and how they all vastly differ always impresses me. The way the early day fight sequences played out usually left an impression on me as well which spawned my love for rping and in particular sparring, seeing if I could outwit the opponent with the proper combination of techniques and other efforts. Sadly the series isnt as good as it once was but I still want to see the end and so I'm going to stick it out until Kishimoto calls it quits.

4. Kaze No Stigma - Anime - This is a lesser known series, and I was glad that I took a chance with it. Though at times certain characters are annoying, I did quite enjoy the storyline which sucked me right in. The way the main character fits in the story is quite well done I found and the interactions between them all are riveting enough. It was enjoyable all the way through.

5. Trinity Blood - Anime/Light~Novel - This series really got me, and Im not even sure why. The story wasn't overly impressive but there definitely was one there. It is, howver, as far as I know, a rather unique series and the action sequences, while usually fairly short, are all badass to say the least and, again, well worth it.

6. Bleach - Anime/Manga - I honestly dont even know what it was about Bleach that drew me in, but once I realized there was more to it then just Ichigo running around killing random Hollow, I was sucked right in. Of course there are some serious elements of Yu Yu Hakusho here underlying everything so that probably played a large role in my subconscious. For one, I absolutely adore the artwork and a great deal of the characters. They each have, to me, an interesting back story and I appreciate the strong foundation the series is built upon.
Back to top Go down
Exiled Scorpio
Exiled Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Animes and Manga Favorite Animes and Manga - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 May 2012, 5:36 am

Anime: Guilty Crown, Code Geass, Gundam Wing and Zero, Fairy tail, and Soul Eater

Manga: the mainstream ones, and I'm hoping to find some new ones.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.com
Phantom Heart
Phantom Heart

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Animes and Manga Favorite Animes and Manga - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 May 2012, 7:49 am

Koshi Sato wrote:
My favorite manga's are O-part Hunters and Rave Master also I like Fairy tail,Bleach,and Naruto.

Hellsing
FMA
Buso Renkin
Just to name a few

Soooo much love for that right there! ~ :3
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Animes and Manga Favorite Animes and Manga - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 May 2012, 12:14 pm

Isn't Ravemaster by the same guy that did Fairy Tail?
Back to top Go down
Tailbone
Tailbone

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Animes and Manga Favorite Animes and Manga - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 May 2012, 1:30 pm

Chris wrote:
Isn't Ravemaster by the same guy that did Fairy Tail?
Yeah, Hiro Mashima made both series and a number of Rave Master references can be found throughout Fairy Tail.

Anyway, time for my list, the heavily shortened version.

Anime:
K-on: Yeah, cute girls doing cute things, should be boring, probably is to some people. I personally love it, I enjoy the sense of friendship, the music, the humour, the light-hearted feel, I shouldn't like this series but I do.

Durarara: My all time favourite series, the story, the characters, the soundtrack, everything is incredible. Izaya is pretty much the greatest anime character of all time.

Baccano: Made by the same guy who made Durarara. A fantastic, comedic, action packed adventure set in 1930's America, an anime everyone should watch. Also, Jacuzzi Splot is both a great character and a great name.

Code Geass: Death Note with robots, what's not to like? In all seriousness, a great story, a wonderful set of characters, particularly the main characters, and an ending that brought many people to tears.

Angel Beats: It might be impossible to not cry at the end of this series. It was hindered by the number of episodes it was allowed being cut in half, making the story more compact and a little less detailed than it could have been but the story, the characters, the unique setting, what it managed in the episodes it did have was beautiful.

Cowboy Bebop: The ultimate sci-fi action anime, solid animation, good stories to tell and a cast of characters that are hard to call heroes. It is held in high regard for a reason, it's something special in a medium that is beginning to fall victim to series copying each other.

Manga:
Vinland Saga: Vikings, lots of vikings. That enough is a reason but it's great cast, special mention to magnificent bastard Askeladd and the strongest viking of all Thorkell, engaging storyline and several standout moments make it a must read manga, though probably not for the younger people among us.

Gamaran: If this became an anime, it's popularity would increase infinitely, the fight scenes are so much better than what any anime currently offers. A particularly fantastic samurai style, shonen manga.

Berserk: I doubt it's ever going to be completed at the speed it's being released at but this is a seinen series of epic proportions. Demons, swordsmen, magic and mystery, just about the darkest fantasy manga that has ever been made but a treat to read.

Hourou Musuko: A manga dealing with gender identities, treated beautifully and in a mature manner. A seinen series detailing a boy who wants to be a girl and a girl who wants to be a boy, the story follows them and their friends through their daily lives and the troubles they face trying to become who they want to be.

One Piece: My personal favourite of the big 3, a long running series with numerous great stories, one of the most colourful casts of any manga ever and the perfect mix of action and comedy.

Holyland: A lesser known manga that was one of the best finds I've ever made. It is a martial art manga primarily, detailing numerous martial arts realistically and the fights are more realistic, those tired of martial arts manga that turns to people shooting lasers from their hands and smashing walls as if they were nothing, can find a more down to earth realistic, gritty series with this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.com
Hikaru Nakamura
Hikaru Nakamura

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Animes and Manga Favorite Animes and Manga - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 Jun 2012, 8:06 pm

I don't watch that much but the ones I like at the moment are

Kuroko No basket

Fairy Tail

Naruto

Bleach(Before the anime ended Tear Tear Sad)

One Piece

Saint Sieya Omega

Manga:

Fairy Tail
Back to top Go down
Sörä♀
Sörä♀

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Animes and Manga Favorite Animes and Manga - Page 2 EmptySun 08 Jul 2012, 5:27 pm

Naruto

Bleach

---------------------

That is about it for me XD
Back to top Go down
Keos
Keos

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Animes and Manga Favorite Animes and Manga - Page 2 EmptySun 08 Jul 2012, 6:02 pm

Anime: Baccano!, Steins;Gate.

Manga: Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, Deadman Wonderland.
Back to top Go down
Flare
Kumo Nin
Flare

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Animes and Manga Favorite Animes and Manga - Page 2 EmptySun 08 Jul 2012, 6:19 pm

Anime & Manga: Naruto, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Blue Exorcist and Yu-Gi-Oh!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.darkbb.com/forum
Shikai Hachimon
Shikai Hachimon

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Animes and Manga Favorite Animes and Manga - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Jul 2012, 1:15 pm

Wow, everyone has such good tastes and stuff... :O
Clearly you guys have more experience than me in this manner, there are some series I nevet heard of (but I have an idea of what's it like). As for the Naruto/Bleach stuff, it got suckish at some point IMO. After Sasori and the last of Grimmjow, it got very disappointing. - -"

Anyway, if I were to list my favorites currently as far as I can remember, it would look like this:

Anime/Manga:

Fullmetal Alchemist

Yu Yu Hakusho

Yugioh! (Yugi seasons, not Jaden or Yusei)

Dragon Ball /Z

Death Note

To-LOVE-Ru

Fairy Tail

Shuffle

Cowboy Bebop

One Piece

Naruto (NOT Shippuuden)

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimao

Air Gear

Durarara!

Negima!?

Tsubasa Chronicle

Lucky Star

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Katekuo Hitman Reborn

Shaman King
Back to top Go down
₡amisado
₡amisado

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Animes and Manga Favorite Animes and Manga - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Jul 2012, 5:25 am

Spoiler:

Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
http://notevenanormalguy.tumblr.com/
Kiseki
Konoha Nin
Kiseki

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Animes and Manga Favorite Animes and Manga - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Jul 2012, 5:30 am

I'd be more legit if it was Kamina shades. I like simon mang but that is Kamina's theme after all.
Back to top Go down
₡amisado
₡amisado

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Animes and Manga Favorite Animes and Manga - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Jul 2012, 4:44 pm

Kiseki wrote:
I'd be more legit if it was Kamina shades. I like simon mang but that is Kamina's theme after all.

True, Simon shades are just a cheap knock off of Kamina shades anyways.
Back to top Go down
http://notevenanormalguy.tumblr.com/
Søren
Nukenin

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Animes and Manga Favorite Animes and Manga - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Aug 2012, 5:48 pm

Naruto

Bleach

Death Note

Fairy Tale

Rozen Maiden

Blue Exorcist

And of course the worlds weirdest Manga FLCL
Back to top Go down
Kiseki
Konoha Nin
Kiseki

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Animes and Manga Favorite Animes and Manga - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Aug 2012, 6:01 pm

FLCL is better as an anime :X

I'd suggest Gurren Lagann since it is made around the time FLCL was and gainax owned them both. I think Gainax owned FLCL.
Back to top Go down
Søren
Nukenin

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Animes and Manga Favorite Animes and Manga - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Aug 2012, 6:16 pm

Yeah I agree the FLCL anime was weirder and ok Ill check them out thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Sonas
Sonas

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Animes and Manga Favorite Animes and Manga - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Aug 2012, 7:49 pm

Favorite Anime is and probably always will be Darker Than Black, a dark fantasy from Okamura, set in modern or even futuristic times.

I also enjoy Durarara, Kenichi, and of course Naruto; but the truth be told I'm not really an anime/manga junkie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Animes and Manga Favorite Animes and Manga - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-