Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sharingan: Unlocking the first tomoe and subsequent tomos

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Kite
Kumo Nin
Kite

Sharingan: Unlocking the first tomoe and subsequent tomos Vide
PostSubject: Sharingan: Unlocking the first tomoe and subsequent tomos Sharingan: Unlocking the first tomoe and subsequent tomos EmptyTue 10 Apr 2012, 11:46 am

So I was reading through the new system for training the sharingan eye and while it seems, for the most part, straight forward there is one aspect that I find to be hard to understand due to the way it is left open for interpretation.

Quote :

....Throughout the Uchiha history, the only way to awaken the Sharingan is through undergoing a traumatic or heavily emotional experience. This is typically done through witnessing a death, causing a death or even being placed in a deathly situation. Wherever a Sharingan wielder treads, they will always know of the sacrifices they had to make in order to gain such powerful eyes.

Basically what I am having a hard time understanding is this: While the conditions are in place is the user (The Uchiha character) able to state that they unlocked the Sharingan? Does a PM need to be sent to a mod or admin to ask for permission to say so? Does the thread need to be completed and submitted? Does a specific thread attempting to unlock the Sharingan need to be completed then submitted, preventing the occurrence of unlocking the ability in mid-combat (as we have seen is a common occurrence in the manga) The guide doesn't go through the OOC process that one needs to go through for this aspect of the doujutsu.

Also another confusion is the fights or spars an Uchiha must endure with the Sharingan to gain the mastery for that level, do such fights qualify for evaluation for mission/ranking points? I understand that the training posts to gain the second and third tomoe would not qualify as they are training posts, but seeing as the mastery training actually seems to involve fights and RP with people other than yourself are these eligible to be submitted?

The guide is here: http://www.ultimateshinobi.org/t6218-guide-sharingan-training

Sorry for being so confused about this. Sad
Back to top Go down
Adam
The Boss
Adam

PostSubject: Re: Sharingan: Unlocking the first tomoe and subsequent tomos Sharingan: Unlocking the first tomoe and subsequent tomos EmptyTue 10 Apr 2012, 11:48 am

Tagging for Darius. TEEHEE
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.org
Cookie Monster
Swaglord
Cookie Monster

PostSubject: Re: Sharingan: Unlocking the first tomoe and subsequent tomos Sharingan: Unlocking the first tomoe and subsequent tomos EmptyTue 10 Apr 2012, 2:23 pm

TOPKite wrote:
Basically what I am having a hard time understanding is this: While the conditions are in place is the user (The Uchiha character) able to state that they unlocked the Sharingan? Does a PM need to be sent to a mod or admin to ask for permission to say so? Does the thread need to be completed and submitted? Does a specific thread attempting to unlock the Sharingan need to be completed then submitted, preventing the occurrence of unlocking the ability in mid-combat (as we have seen is a common occurrence in the manga) The guide doesn't go through the OOC process that one needs to go through for this aspect of the doujutsu.
Before attempting to gain the Sharingan, a person must actually request training for it within the Miscellaneous Customs section, like any other piece of training would require. Normally, training can only be submitted and evaluated when said training topic has been completed as whole, if however, you are midway in a fight and unlock the Sharingan with authorisation to train for it, then I see no reason why a Staff member can't evaluate the posts you have presented and post a verdict for you. It is easier for a member to actually start out with the Sharingan and then perform the five hundred words of training once approved, though you are entitled to set out how your character works and functions, so it's completely up to you. I hope this has helped.

TOPKite wrote:
Also another confusion is the fights or spars an Uchiha must endure with the Sharingan to gain the mastery for that level, do such fights qualify for evaluation for mission/ranking points? I understand that the training posts to gain the second and third tomoe would not qualify as they are training posts, but seeing as the mastery training actually seems to involve fights and RP with people other than yourself are these eligible to be submitted?
Feel free to have the topics evaluated as if they were normal spars or missions. Smile

TOPKite wrote:
Sorry for being so confused about this. Sad
It's not a problem, Kite! It's what the Forum Assistance is for.
Back to top Go down
Kite
Kumo Nin
Kite

PostSubject: Re: Sharingan: Unlocking the first tomoe and subsequent tomos Sharingan: Unlocking the first tomoe and subsequent tomos EmptyTue 10 Apr 2012, 8:36 pm

So then, the process for my specific character who didn't have the sharingan unlocked at creation would be the following?:

Submit a request in the Misc. Customs thread for permission to UNLOCK the sharingan. Then make a topic RPing my unlocking the sharingan? Then after he has unlocked the sharingan I would then submit a second request in the same thread for permission to train the first tomoe so that my character has control over it? Then proceed to type up a 500 word training post?

Or, as you said is common practice, am I allowed to simply say that my char already had access to the sharingan due to his traumatic history? I'd still put up a post during the training process, detailing a flash back about how he had noticed a slight change in his perception at a previous point in his life if that's the case.
Back to top Go down
Cookie Monster
Swaglord
Cookie Monster

PostSubject: Re: Sharingan: Unlocking the first tomoe and subsequent tomos Sharingan: Unlocking the first tomoe and subsequent tomos EmptyTue 10 Apr 2012, 8:51 pm

Discussed it in the chatbox.

Solved.
Aww yeah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sharingan: Unlocking the first tomoe and subsequent tomos Sharingan: Unlocking the first tomoe and subsequent tomos Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-