Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Accompaniment {Mission}

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Flare
Kumo Nin
Flare

Accompaniment {Mission}  Vide
PostSubject: Accompaniment {Mission} Accompaniment {Mission}  EmptySat 21 Jul 2012, 3:31 pm

| Pre-Mission Details... |

Approved Mission Link Here

Mission:

NPC (Played by myself)
Quote :

Name: Hinamori, Hideki
Letter Rank: C
Specialty: Weaponry (Main: Universal) (Sub: Exotic), Ninjutsu
Elemental Affinities: Suiton, Raiton
Combat Style: Despite being an accomplished Genin-rank shinobi, Hideki is usually quite cowardly. He will, however, stand up for himself when push comes to shove, and he is proficient in his Weaponry skills like most other Hinamori clan members. His Ninjutsu mainly focuses on Suiton to soak the target, and Raiton to provide a huge shock.
Special Characteristics:
Quote :
Name: Improved Speed
Type: Physical Based
Physical Requirements: N/A
Training Requirements: A 600 word training post is required to gain this special characteristic.
Description: The first level in the art of speed accessible to those who have undergone intense training in high speed movement. The possessor of this talent has an increased speed of 20% which makes them slightly faster. They can cross distances quicker than others would expect and outrun others with little effort.
Quote :
Name: Pin-Point Accuracy
Type: Physical
Physical Requirements: Must Specialize in Weaponry.
Training Requirements: A 600 word training post is required to gain this special characteristic.
Description: A skill gained by ninja who have begun to specialize in throwing weapons. From a combination of practice and natural talent the ninja starts to acquire pin-point accuracy which allows them tohit multiple targets in precise locations along with hurling their weapons at a greater speed.
Quote :
Name: Suiton Prodigy
Type: Chakra Based
Physical Requirements: Must have Water Affinity
Description: A trait given to ninja who posses a natural talent for water manipulation and has trained thoroughly to improve their skill. Their power over the water element becomes so talented that the ninja is now considered a young prodigy in the water element. Because of this, the user's water techniques are 20% more powerful with their increased in pressure and size.
Description: Hideki is a proud member of the Hinamori clan, and lets everybody know about it. He often brags about his clan, and appears to be a snob upon first meetings. He is, however, a genuinely nice person. He is attentive and always scared of his companions being unhappy or upset, and he holds respect in the clan for this kind nature of his. It does sometimes, however, work against him. Despite being the age of 30, he is still reasonably naive and trusts anybody and everybody. This is the main reason why he wishes to have a guard with him to get to his destination; because if he went by himself, he would be bound to get into trouble. He has strong links with the main Konoha branch of his clan, and even though he isn't in line to become the heir, he is willing to anything to help those who are.
Jutsu/ Weapons:
Weapons:

Jutsu:

Music for the mission:
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.darkbb.com/forum
Flare
Kumo Nin
Flare

PostSubject: Re: Accompaniment {Mission} Accompaniment {Mission}  EmptySat 21 Jul 2012, 3:56 pm

To put Kimiko’s new training into some effect, her father had suggested taking on a mission from the nearby village in The Fire Country that they were staying near. It was called Honoku, very small and obviously very dated. Only a few houses lined the numbered streets in the village, and a couple of shops made up the limited high street. It was considered a haven for travelling ninja because its shops had unlimited amounts of supplies that they got from merchants across the country. The Katsumi family often shopped here for food and clean water (if they needed it), and had become quite familiar with the village’s inhabitants.

One day, while the pair were shopping for supplies, Kimiko’s father took his daughter to the village hall where a small mission board stood outside. “There you go Kimi; choose a mission that you’d like to take. When you’ve chosen one, go to the village’s leader and request it. Their method of taking on missions is very much like Konoha’s.” He pointed out with a smile, patting Kimiko on the back as he turned and walked away towards the shops. Kimiko stood there, scanning the mission board for something that caught her eye. Boring… boring… boring… even more boring… oh, hang on! She paused after spotting a familiar name in amongst the sea of strange ones. Hinamori. That was the name of Toshiro’s clan! At the thought of that particular young man, she smiled softly and looked down at her kimono’s collar where his crest was pinned. ‘Toshi-kun… I wonder how you’re doing now…’ She thought to herself, sighing somewhat dreamily. Upon being bumped into rather urgently, she snapped out of her daydreaming and stumbled backwards, just about keeping her balance. The person who had bumped into her, however, was now sprawled out on the floor. It was a male; she could tell that much from his deep voice that groaned in slight pain while he got up. His hair was white-blonde, and when he looked up his eyes were sea green. He appeared to be in his early thirties, or somewhere around that region. His attire consisted of a traditional black floor length kimono trimmed with white, and his rapier sword was strapped around his waist in a special sheath. A pair of tonfa were in holsters on his hips, and he seemed to struggle getting to his feet while jangles of projectile weapons met Kimiko’s ears. He was probably concealing them somewhere about his person because she couldn’t see them.

Sorry about that, didn’t see you there.” He apologised, dusting himself off and looking down at Kimiko. “The name’s Hinamori Hideki. I’ve not seen you around here before, miss.” He approached curiously, wondering why the girl suddenly seemed to interested. “You’re a Hinamori clan member? The same who requested this mission?” She asked, ripping the piece of paper hastily off the mission board and holding up for the man to see. “Yes, that’s right. You know of the Hinamori clan?” He ventured, folding his arms across his chest. Kimiko nodded, smiling somewhat dreamily. She took the pin off her kimono and showed Hideki, the gold glistening in the strong sunlight. “A very good friend of mine gave me this; he was a Hinamori clans-member from Konoha, my home village.” She said softly, performing a small bird seal which made the man raise his eyebrows skyward. “He obviously taught you our traditions very well for you to know how to act upon meeting a fellow Hinamori brethren. You have earnt my trust. What might your name be?” He asked. “Katsumi Kimiko, but please call me Kimi.” She smiled, replacing the pin back on her kimono’s collar.

Very well, Kimi-san. Since you saw that mission, I’d imagine you wish to accept it?” Hideki then asked, seeming to be quite desperate all of a sudden. Kimiko hadn’t really thought of that before now; she had mainly been dreaming about the boy whom had stolen her heart before she left the village for training, and who still held it tight. “I’d love to help you out, Hideki-san!” She claimed happily, bowing her head and starting to head inside. Hideki suddenly looked uncomfortable and almost shy, having to avert his gaze from Kimiko. “Thank you, Kimi-san. But because you showed me an heir to the Hinamori clan’s crest, it is my duty to help you… not the other way around.” He said quietly, to which Kimiko smiled kindly. “Don’t worry about it; you can help me if you wish when the mission is finished. And I have just the thing in mind.” She nodded her head and went inside the village hall for the leader to accept the mission. Hideki waited outside patiently, and beamed when Kimiko came out of the hall holding the mission request with a large green stamp of approval on it. “Then shall we go? I’ll lead the way.
Back to top Go down
Flare
Kumo Nin
Flare

PostSubject: Re: Accompaniment {Mission} Accompaniment {Mission}  EmptySat 21 Jul 2012, 4:27 pm

The pair had travelled away from the village, and had started out on the dirt track that lead to their destination. Hideki was aiming to get to his destination to meet up with his fellow Hinamori clan members who were holding a special celebration, and he would have gone by himself if it wasn’t for the bandits that were apparently on the way there. They were rumoured to be after lone travellers with weapons so that they could sell them on the black market, and naturally, Hideki was a very cautious man who didn’t want that to happen. His weapons were his life; they went everywhere with him, and he wouldn’t allow them to be taken. Therefore, he had posted a request for somebody to accompany him to his brethren’s household.

When a comfortable silence had fallen upon the pair, with Kimiko walking in front and on high alert, Hideki decided to break that silence. “So, who is it that gave you their Hinamori crest?” She turned and looked round at the male who was somewhat smiling at her. She allowed him to catch up and they walked together on the road while she searched for the right words to say. “His name is Hinamori Toshiro.” She told him, to which he seemed to concentrate until he recollected a memory in his head. “Oh, I do believe I have met the boy. Only when he was very young, mind you. I have quite close connections with the main Hinamori branch, and when Toshiro was born, I came to meet the heir. The last time I saw him was… goodness… it must have been almost six years ago now. How old are you, Kimi-san?” He asked curiously, to which she replied, “I’m fifteen.” He nodded slowly. “That means he too must be that age since you were both in the same graduating Academy class, correct?” She confirmed his thoughts with a smile and a nod. “I see. What I don’t understand is that you spoke of Toshiro being your friend, when it is a tradition of the Hinamori to give those they love their clan crest.” He said slowly, turning his head to gauge Kimiko’s reaction. Her cheeks had automatically flared up pink, and a look of embarrassment took over her chocolate-coloured eyes. “I-I-I, well… we were very close…” She coughed quietly, looking away from her companion while they walked. Hideki chuckled softly and placed a hand on Kimiko’s shoulder. “What I said was a lie, I just wanted to see what your feelings were for the boy, and my initial thoughts were correct.” He winked at her, at which she laughed weakly, the colour still bright on her face.

How did you know?” She asked gently, looking ahead again while they walked. “You’re a very attractive young girl, and what’s more I can sense something about you that tells me you’re strong in more than one sense. Why wouldn’t he confess his love to you? Why, if I were just a few years younger, young Toshiro would have some competition.” Hideki joked about the last part which made Kimiko giggle slightly. “The way we parted wasn’t… ideal.” She said. “His sisters almost stumbled upon us, and if they would have found me they would have put me through my paces to see if I was just another daughter of another clan who wanted to marry a clan heir.” She continued, casting her mind back to that point in time. Hideki nodded understandably, but remained quiet to hear the rest of the girl’s tale. “So we had to leave quickly and I didn’t really get a real chance to say goodbye to him. He gave me his crest so that while I was out training, if I happened to stumble across another clans-member, they would help me or send a message back to him if they could.” She said somewhat sadly, looking at the golden crest pinned upon her collar again; memories of Toshiro flashing through her mind quickly. To say she missed him would be an understatement. “By the sounds of things, he really does care about you, Kimi-san. To entrust to you probably the most important item a Hinamori clan member will ever receive is a huge testament to that. I wish you both the best, I really do.” Hideki smiled, putting a comforting arm around Kimiko’s shoulders and giving her a sideways squeeze to complete the friendly gesture. “Now then, we take a left here…

Suddenly, a harsh bang cut through the air and cut off what Hideki was trying to direct. Smoke filled Kimiko’s vision, and the warmth of her client’s touch left her shoulders. “Hideki!” She shouted desperately, coughing as the smoke filled her lungs and she tried to strain her eyes and ears to try and find out what was going on. ‘Bandits…’ She thought bitterly, closing her eyes and instead relying on her improved hearing to find out where they were. Hearing muffled and concealed footsteps a few metres in front of her, her eyes flashed open and she lunged for the sound, grabbing hold of somebody’s arm. From the voice that cried out in pain from her vice grip, she was relieved to know it wasn’t Hideki but in fact a stranger. She yanked the male back to find that he was very heavy and muscled, but that would stop her. The male stumbled, disorientated by the shield of smoke that he himself probably created with a stolen smoke bomb, and almost fell. Kimiko seized her chance. She brought her knee up swiftly into the man’s gut, and finished the move with a hard kick to the groin area that sent him up into the air and arcing away and out of blurred sight. Panicked mutterings filled her ears, and she headed for those next. They were a few paces to her right-hand side. The smoke was clearing now, so she could get a better view of their attackers. Three people; two males and a female, were holding and gagging Hideki while whispering among themselves.

Kimiko leapt into the air and landed behind the bandits who were all dressed in black, complete with black face masks to hide everything but their eyes. The female had long black hair to match, one male had brown hair and the other male had dirty blonde. The first male was slender and appeared to be the weakest, so Kimiko struck him first with a palm-strike to the back of the neck. He cried out and doubled over in a heap on the floor. The second male turned and hastily drew a rusty katana (if that was what it was called), and swung it towards Kimiko in a clumsy manner. She drew a kunai and blocked the strike with ease, holding it steady and pushing against the other blade to hopefully de-arm him. She did better than that, as it turns out. The old blade snapped in half and left the man defenceless. Kimiko struck him with the kunai she was holding, a clean slice across the torso which left him crumpled on the floor. Hideki was now freed and hopping away madly since his feet were bound together. The female cursed loudly and turned to face Kimiko, pulling her mask down and glaring darkly at the girl. “Looks like you made a mistake picking a fight with me.” Kimiko said with a smirk, dashing to the side to dodge a frantic number of punches and kicks from the other female. She spun on her heel and charged into the woman’s side, sending her staggering away and losing her balance so that she couldn’t counter-attack the next blow. Kimiko threw the kunai into the woman’s abdomen and performed a graceful front flip to cover the remaining distance between them, before sweeping a kick at her head which knocked her out cold. She hadn’t killed any of their attackers, but left them badly wounded and unable to stand.

She went to Hideki’s aid, untying his bindings and taking off his gag. “Thank goodness… thank you, Kimi-san.” He gasped for breath, looking wild-eyed at his saviour who simply smiled. “No problem, Hideki-san. Now then… you were saying?” She gestured towards the fork in their path and followed her client in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
Flare
Kumo Nin
Flare

PostSubject: Re: Accompaniment {Mission} Accompaniment {Mission}  EmptySat 21 Jul 2012, 4:58 pm

They covered a lot of ground in the next couple of hours, and by sunset, Hideki pointed out that they were almost there. Kimiko was grateful, but somewhat sad as well. This man had proved to be good company and a link to the Hinamori clan that she could speak to about Toshiro, so she wasn’t happy to see him leave. Nevertheless, it was soon to be a mission victory, she hoped. After the four bandits from before, they hadn’t run into any more trouble apart from Hideki’s lack of directional skills. They went back and forth a lot because he was very sketchy on the whereabouts to his fellow clans-member’s home. It had been a fun journey though, and Kimiko was glad to be in the company of such a nice person.

On the horizon a village’s shape started to materialise, and Hideki pointed towards it. “There, that’s the village that we’re headed to.” He said gently, giving his companion and protector a smile. She smiled back at him while they walked, not in any particular rush. “You’re welcome to stay for the clan’s celebration, Kimi-san. After all, you are practically a clans-member yourself!” He joked, at which Kimiko blushed furiously. She managed a laugh, however, albeit a very sheepish one. “Thank you, Hideki-san, but it’s honestly fine. I should get back to see my father… but I could stay for a while if I won’t be intruding.” She said humbly, trying to force the blush away from her cheeks. He smiled while he looked at the girl, suddenly seeing an image of somebody he used to know, but not really knowing where from. It bugged him for a little while, but eventually he let it slide. Kimiko was a girl with a heart of gold and probably some of the best fighting skills he had ever seen. Yes, even better than his beloved clan. He couldn’t have been happier with the person who had accompanied him to his family’s household. ‘Toshiro, you are one hell of a lucky guy. Look after this girl, won’t ya?’ He thought to himself as if the heir could hear, even though he knew that the boy couldn’t.

They entered the village just as darkness started to fall, and the air around them grew chilly. The sky above was breath-taking; velvet black and full of stars. A full moon was glowing in the sky, and it reminded Kimiko of the night after hers and Toshiro’s first mission together when she made a wish on a shooting star. Hideki looked up at the same time Kimiko had done, and looked at all the different constellations up there. He could have sworn that he… no… it wasn’t there anymore… he could have sworn that he saw Cupid’s Bow, the lover’s constellation that foretold of a long life with one’s soul mate. He looked at Kimiko who appeared oblivious, simply gazing at the moon and smiling dreamily. She obviously wasn’t on the same page as him. ‘I hope that I’m right in my assumption; they’ll be cute together.’ He thought with a smile.

Hideki led Kimiko to a large white-washed building with a blue band around the centre of it and large, inviting white windows. Warm light from within poured out onto the well-kept garden and pavements outside. “Well, here we are; the home of Hinamori Masashi and Hinamori Yuusha.” He claimed proudly, knocking on the door and only having to wait for half a minute before a tall, blonde-haired man answered it, wearing the same formal yet traditional robes as his clans-member. “Hideki-kun, my brother! Come on inside!” He cried with delight, embracing Hideki and ushering the man inside. He paused and looked at Kimiko stood on the doorstep with her hands clasped behind her back, smiling meekly and politely. “Who might this be?” He asked Hideki curiously, his eyes not leaving the girl. “This is Katsumi Kimiko; she escorted me here as part of the mission I requested to get here. She fought valiantly and kept me safe from the bandits who attacked us with ease. I invited her into the celebrations.” The pair paused suddenly while Hideki whispered some unknown words into his companion’s ear, and the latter nodded slowly in understanding. “I see, I see. Well, you are welcome into our residence, Kimiko-san!” He claimed brightly. “Oh, where are my manners. My name is Hinamori Masashi! Now please, come in, come in.

She wondered what was said between the two males for her to suddenly be accepted into the household, but decided not to question it. She gladly entered the house and politely took her shinobi sandals off at the doorstep, wiping her feet and entering the huge carpeted hallway. A grand staircase split off in two directions upstairs, and a door to her left offered the most noise out of the two in the hall. She guessed that was where the party was at, and followed Hideki and Masashi into the room. Clans-members of all genders were crowded into the room, laughing, joking and drinking socially. No children were present; it was all adults. She was probably the youngest in the room. A glass was tapped with a fork a few times to get everybody’s attention. Masashi cleared his throat and gestured towards Kimiko was stood beside him. “This is Katsumi Kimiko, the kunoichi who brought Hideki with her to our celebrations today! Please, make her feel welcome for she is very close with our main Konoha branch, specifically to the heir of the clan!” He called. A round of applause echoed in the large room, and Kimiko couldn’t help but feel confused. What was going on exactly? What were they celebrating? And why was she even allowed in?

Slowly, but surely, her confusion melted away as she followed Hideki and met more clans-members. It was a nice gathering, and she couldn’t help but feel happy and accepted in the clan now. Maybe news would travel to the Konoha branch of the clan that actually, her intentions were completely honest and honourable.
Back to top Go down
NuclearTreerat
NuclearTreerat

PostSubject: Re: Accompaniment {Mission} Accompaniment {Mission}  EmptyMon 23 Jul 2012, 12:13 am

[ooc: Amy requested I finish up the mission with a post winding down the celebrations and the effect it had in Konoha. Read at your own risk.]

As the night went on, Kimiko would learn the answer to each question in its own time. What this branch of the Hinamori clan was celebrating was the happy timing of two good events. One was Masahi's niece formally announcing her engagement to a merchant's son whose family had been allies of the Hinamori for generations. The second was that after years of negotiations and backroom deals, this particular branch of the clan had secured a major victory in a decade-long trade war with a rival clan from Bear County. A victory set in motion years ago when the rival clan's illicit mining operation on Hinamori land, an operation that had been critical to funding their activities, had blown up in their faces. With their rivals thrown into chaos the Hinamori had seized the chance to close a number of lucrative trading agreements with in the years that followed. Agreements that would be overseen by the niece and her future husband and promised to strengthen the clan's position as a force to be reckoned within Fire Country and beyond.

The second and third questions, what exactly was going on and why someone who wasn't a member of the clan was so readily accepted into a select gathering of its members, well the answer to both of those questions was the same. In a clan as strongly tied together and organized as the Hinamori news and rumor travel faster than a courier-nin. News that included that the acknowledged clan heir had shown no serious interest in finding a likely candidate to be the Lady Hinamori until a year ago. Rumor that said it was someone outside the clan whom was still close to the heir. Put the two together with Masashi's words and it didn't take a prodigy to figure out that the likely candidate was the kunochi in front of them. Entirely unwittingly, Kimiko had given this relatively remote branch of the clan the rare and much-desired chance to be the first to see their future matron and form opinions of her. By doing so, they would garner not only the good will of one of their future leaders but be able to shape the opinion of the rest of the clan who had yet to meet her.

As the night went on, Kimiko would have plenty of chances to make that those impressions. In addition to the socializing that Kimiko had seen, there would be copious amounts of food of all types and the single-partner dancing that was favored by the clan. The young chuunin would be drawn into these as the night wore on until several hours past midnight. During those interactions, impressions would be left on both sides as clan and kunochi interacted. For the clan members the impressions were overwhelmingly positive - it was almost impossible for them to see a shred of malice or guile in the eager yet shy kunochi. Especially one Hinamori Yuusha, Masashi's matronly wife who had taken an instant liking to Kimiko. Given that it shouldn't have come as a surprise to anyone (except maybe Kimiko) that by the time she left to return to the camp she and her father shared, she did so carrying a bit more than when she had left. True to form, Yuusha had been politely appalled that Kimiko and her father hadn't had a "decent home-cooked meal in forever" and had set the families servants to work preparing and sealing several days' worth of food for the kunochi was to take with her. She also told Kimiko that both Katsumi's were more than welcome at her home and if they were in the area that had better visit or she would be extremely perturbed at them both.

------[roughly 24 hours later, Konoha] ---------

In Konohagakure no Sato, on the roof of one of the numerous apartment complexes that dotted the village, a solitary figure wearing solid grey was lying on his back and watching the afternoon clouds roll past.

Since that evening so long ago at the Memorial Stone, Hinamori Toshiro hadn't heard a thing about the girl who had gotten past his walls without either of their realizing it to claim his heart. At first he had dealt with the uncertainty by rationalizing it when he could and ignoring it when he couldn't. After all, he told himself, if Kimiko was training somewhere isolated opportunities to write would be rare and finding some place to mail a letter from even rarer. After that first year had passed and still he had heard nothing, Toshiro had gotten a bit... frantic. He had begun to repeatedly send letters asking his clansmen outside of Konoha if they had seen Kimiko. When that had failed, he had begun taking any mission or duty that took him outside of Konoha and used what time wasn't directly spent on the mission trying to track Kimiko down. That load of missions, often with less than a day between each one, had eventually landed him in the hospital for exhaustion and his current problem. Namely Toshiro was bored to death and going crazy with worry about what could have happened to Kimiko. Since his mother had brow-beat her husband and father-in-law into agreeing with the medics that her son needed to rest, Toshiro had found that the only missions available were D-ranks that took place strictly within Konoha's limits.

Hence his youngest sister Aki asking him for extra training before her graduation exam had been a godsend. Even if it wasn't coming closer to putting his worries to rest, during those hours he had been too focused on making sure his firecracker of a little sister was ready to kick the tail off anyone that she was put up against to think about anything else. Now that she was done though, he could feel the gnawing sense of worry creeping back in as he laid on his back watching the clouds drift by while trying to clear his head. At some point he must have dozed off because the next thing he was aware off was that something was blocking the sunlight. Looking to the source of that blockage he could see the distinctive uniform of a courier-nin. Seeing that he had the genin's attention, the messenger reached into his pouch and dropped a wax-sealed letter onto Toshiro's chest before sprinting away. Not certain about the letter and dreading what it might say, the white-haired genin hesitated to even touch it. After what seemed like hours, Toshiro finally steeled himself for the worst (while hoping it wasn't) and used one of his kunai to slit the envelope then began reading its contents.

"Toshiro-san

In response to your latest inquiry (I lost count after number eight), Katsumi Kimiko was recently here at our trade enclave and in very good health. She was escorting one of our members Hideki, your third cousin once removed I believe, from his post at Honoku to our home.

I must say you have good taste in your future Lady Hinamori. Kimiko-san is not only an attractive young woman but a very skilled kunochi. As you are well aware, Hideki has the directional ability of a drunken sailor in an earthquake and tends to be too trusting for his own good. However his ability to conceal "special cargos" among our overt shipments makes him invaluable to our operations. During their trip to the enclave they were set upon by some bandits who, we believe, were after the shipping schedule Hideki usually carries. Kimiko-san proved more than a match for the bandits even after their ambush, disabling all four of them while she and Hideki escaped unharmed.

She also handled herself quite well at the celebration of my niece's formal announcement of her becoming engaged. Rarely have I met such an enchanting you lady who combines confidence with humility. I do hope you plan to bring her along the next time you're here. My wife was very impressed with her conduct and has given her a standing invitation to visit any time and to bring her father along as well. To be honest I think she looks at Kimiko like another granddaughter. In case you are wondering, Kimiko-san didn't mention your relationship being quite the discrete young woman but Hideki confided what he had learned about her during their trip here. From there I made that connection rather obvious to those clan members present, and let things take their course. Suffice to say she has the complete support of our branch of the clan. If you haven't already heard, I've taken the liberty of sending other letters saying just that to your father and several other family heads that have an above-average respect for my judgment. Should matters come to a head in Konoha you may rest assured that we will stand besides you and your decision.

Yours truly
Hinamori Masashi

PS: My wife says that if your sisters give Kimiko any trouble you are send them to her for "corrective measures". Personally I would save that for the last resort but make sure they know the offer stands. Maybe the threat of being under the thumb of "Yuusha the Breaker" will remind them that they are Hinamori and not one of those bloodline-happy Konoha clans."

Setting the letter down, Toshiro could not have hidden his smile of mixed relief and pride if he had wanted to. Kimi-chan, his Kimi-chan, was alive and well. Even if he was a bit irritated at his distant relative for putting Kimiko on the spot like that, he had to accept that the outcome had only helped her standing with the clan. Officially Masashi was a well-to-do merchant who traded in textiles and especially the printed silks which were currently in fashion with the Fire Lord's court. Unofficially he ran one of the clan's largest black market operations that saw it supplied with hard-to-find items. As such his word carried a great deal of weight among their ranks and if he spoke favorably of Kimiko then others would be inclined to think well of her as well. Plus there was Yuusha-san's offer to consider. Maybe, just maybe, the thought of being put under the thumb of the woman who had been the clan's chief interrogator would give them second thoughts about trying anything to Kimiko. As he began folding the letter back up, the genin noticed one final line written on the back of the letter.

"PPS: Yes we have the bandits in custody. If you wish to express your displeasure at their presumption, feel free to pay us a visit. The Fire Lord's representative has already washed his hands of them."

'I think it's time I took a short vacation. I need to see Masashi-san anyway and to give my best wishes to my second cousin. At the same time I can have a "chat" with those bandits about why you don't think about laying a hand on my Kimi-chan.' Far away, four small-time bandits who had been bitterly cursing that their ticket to riches was instead an express trip to these tiny cells shivered as a feeling of impending doom settled over them. Suddenly a small dank cell barely high enough to stand up in didn't seem so bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accompaniment {Mission} Accompaniment {Mission}  Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-