Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Courier [Mission] (WIP)

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Lysander
Lysander

Courier [Mission] (WIP) Vide
PostSubject: Courier [Mission] (WIP) Courier [Mission] (WIP) EmptyThu 21 Jun 2012, 11:38 pm

The day was another miserably hot day in the mountains and when shade could not be found, sweat usually followed. Personally Etorufuu hated the summer sun and much preferred the chilled winds of winter that matched his bloodline so effectively. But this… this was simply oppressive, the constant thump of heat against his body and every breeze providing not relief but more hot air around his face and body. Despite his usual light and airy clothing his skin had developed a fine layer of sweat just from walking up the path without trees on either side as they had been removed while the excavation of the Archeological Site had moved through the area looking for artifacts of days gone past that they might study and learn about from the days far gone by. What a miserable hike up the hill in the blistering sun that just wore out even the most stoic shinobi.

Where he should be swimming or seeking comfort in a shady park or field, Etorufuu had drawn the short straw and had been requested on his way home to make a quick delivery from the dig site back to the village proper for display. One could only assume that someone had it out for the ice ninja, sending him out on today of all days to this terribly hot place where people sat in the dirt and dug for the next great treasure or discovery. Reaching the top of that hill covered in people digging for those things, he hopped down into a small square pathway that had been carved out of the ground in the search for greatness and let out a soft sigh of relief. The bottom of the dig site was so deep that the walls around it provided some shade that finally took Etorufuu out of the sun and allowed him a brief respite.

”OH you maaaadddeee it. Thank goodness, I was worried that they had not taken me seriously when I sent a messenger that I had an item that requires a professional courier down to the village.”

The man was a tad pudgy with a grey goatee and reminded the chuunin of a dog begging for a treat. Big sparkling eyes, that desire to be accepted and respected, and a sense of self importance that said he was the man in charge and to state otherwise would be to invite a tirade of screams from the man. Restraining himself from barging through this conversation rather rudely, Etorufuu nodded and let the man continue without interruption.

”There we were digging in the east quadrant and opened up a home previously covered by a landslide or something. We were clearing it out of dirt and one of my workers noticed a glimmer and we carefully extracted the glimmer from the home. Apparently it is the remnants of a sword that was formerly hung above the fireplace of the house. We can only guess at the importance of the sword for now, but we desire to put it on display immediately until a research team can be pried free from other projects to research it thoroughly. I must say it is in great condition and would like to see it transported without incident. After all damaging a piece of history like this would be destroying it forever. Truly it is priceless. I mean when is the last time you saw an ornate blade like this that also had regular marks from use in combat. It is truly an impressive sight.”

Etorufuu would not go so far as to call it impressive. He looked at the table in front of the pudgy man and had indeed noticed the ancient blade. Curious, as any professional swordsman would be, his eyes were drawn to the details etched along the blade while noting that the handle wraps had not entirely dissolved with time. The blade was a tanto style and the short natured blade did indeed seem far too ornate for combat while retaining the nicks and marks of a sword not swallowed by time but tested in combat. The signs of age were lost on the Yuki boy, he much preferred staring at the blade than giving two thoughts to where it might have come from and who might have held it.

”Well, if you could pack it up for me I’ll be on my way back to the village and I assure you that it will make it there safely. The country has been quiet over the past month and I doubt anyone outside of your team even knows this was uncovered so bandits are very unlikely. I can have it there quick as can be and without incident as soon as it is ready to go Sir.”

The pudgy man seemed pleased with this answer and donned some gloves before touching the blade and opening a long tube that seemed to have a padded inside. The sword was gently moved into the leather wrapped case, away from the elements and dust of the dig site, and the case was sealed. The pudgy man even went further, adding a strap to the case so that Etorufuu could sling it over his shoulder for the travel and make it easier to forget about for the chuunin. After all, if you nearly forgot you were carrying something then it was just a walk home that he had to take anyways. Nervously, and seemingly reluctantly, the pudgy man offered the tube to the shinobi who delicately took it and secured it over his shoulder as he would a katana in its sheathe. With a brief nod and his customary touching of a finger to his forehead as some sort of salute, Etorufuu gently leapt upwards and out of the trench and onto the hot baked earth above. He had nearly forgotten about the heat. That blasted and oppressive heat.

(Connects to Topic...)
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-