Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Moderator Sign Ups

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Adam
The Boss
Adam

Moderator Sign Ups Vide
PostSubject: Moderator Sign Ups Moderator Sign Ups EmptySun 19 May 2013, 1:13 pm

MODERATOR SIGN-UPS.

Hello everybody,

Due to the slothful movement of some applications in the staff lounge based off of unfortunate timing with certain Creation Moderators having time off this month for various reasons and others just slacking off and jeopardizing their slots on our team we'll be in need for some fresh faces in the staff. We are looking for members that will be active in the creations section of the forum. This includes Character Application and the Custom Registry. For this area, you need to have knowledge of Naruto as well as common sense to participate in this field. We also need staffers that will post often in the staff lounge as this is where all decisions for the site's growth occur. A staffer must also continue to remain active as a roleplayer.

Please fill out the template below if you're interested.

Code:
[b]Name:[/b] User and/or Real Name
[b]Skype Account:[/b] Most Staff Deliberations and Discussions occur over this form of communication.
[b]Availability:[/b] How often are you on, or will be on in the next week to the foreseeing months?
[b]Why should we hire you:[/b] What makes you different? How do you think that you will mesh well with our team?
[b]Philosophy of Staff:[/b] What should the top priorities of staff always be?
[b]Recommendation :[/b] Name any other people you would like to see on the team.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.org
Pretty Girl Swag
Pretty Girl Swag

Moderator Sign Ups Vide
PostSubject: Re: Moderator Sign Ups Moderator Sign Ups EmptySun 19 May 2013, 2:07 pm

SERAH POSSIBLE
Username: Dr. Chocolate
Name: Serah Possible
Skype Account: S.Ruby13 (Listed as Serah West)
League Account: Jade Kiss
SWTOR Main Character: Si'therum (Server is The Bastion, and I'm an Imperial)
Availability: Relatively available. Even if I'm preoccupied in something else, the site comes first if something is up and I'm needed.
Why should we hire you: I've worked as a mod on most sites I've been on, both as a creation and evaluation staffer. I like to think I'm relatively good with the English language and, while I may be a bit rough around the edges when it comes to my attitude, I assure you it's only because I'm not a mod. While under the employment of the site, you'll instantly notice the change in my attitude simply because I'm no longer just a member, I now stand for something.
Philosophy of Staff: Answering people's questions and making sure no one is confused about anything before doing your own things. Also, staying professional.
Recommendation : I WOULD recommend Travis, but I know from my first day here that his biggest issue with being a moderator is that he would HAVE to help someone. He doesn't like being REQUIRED to help someone, simply doing it from his own free will. Since I can't recommend him, I'll have to throw Remain's name in the list. Aside from Travis, he's the person who convinced me to stick to Ketsu instead of getting a new character, and I think he's really friendly and very knowledgeable, more than enough to be considered for a staffing slot.

#hashswag #yolo #modpls #mermaid

Last edited by Dr. Chocolate on Thu 23 May 2013, 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Søren
Nukenin

Moderator Sign Ups Vide
PostSubject: Re: Moderator Sign Ups Moderator Sign Ups EmptySun 19 May 2013, 2:17 pm

Name: DE.tective, Dexter Evans
Skype Account: TheDarkness2599
Availability: I dont'tknow if this is still open, but considering that my holidays are coming up, I'd say that my availability will be around 9/10.
Why should we hire you: Have been Rping here for almost a year and even though my activity has been slightly inconsistent. I really enjoy Rping and love this site. I will try my hardest to be the best moderator I can be.
Philosophy of Staff: Helping people where possible, answering questions, should help new and old users to have a good role play experience.
Recommendation : Pretty much all my friends are all ready mods and I don't know anyone else that well. I guess it would be funny to see Travis as a mod xD.

*If this is not sufficient I hope my good friend Morris can convince you to hire me CANTTOUCHTHIS!

Last edited by DE.tective on Mon 01 Jul 2013, 9:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Leon Orcot
Leon Orcot

Moderator Sign Ups Vide
PostSubject: Re: Moderator Sign Ups Moderator Sign Ups EmptySun 19 May 2013, 6:02 pm

Name: Lucas Beech, also known as The Gambler
Skype Account: Well Addy you already have it but, LeonOrcot
Availability: I'm here everyday almost, I just never roll play because I'm having a hard time writing.
Why should we hire you: I'm not very good at RP'ing, this I know, but give me rules and a guide and I can hash out what someone still needs to do when they want to make something.
Philosophy of Staff: The staff are here to help the newbies and the old dogs keep going with RP'ing, whether it's with approving a charrie, or give a new jutsu the A-Okay, we are here for them to keep them in line and satisfied to the best of our rule set.
Recommendation : I think Travis knows his stuff and would make a decent addition to the team.
Back to top Go down
Allie
Allie

Moderator Sign Ups Vide
PostSubject: Re: Moderator Sign Ups Moderator Sign Ups EmptySun 19 May 2013, 10:45 pm

Name: Allie
Skype Account: souleater1020
Availability: After 5pm eastern weekdays. After 1pm weekends mostly. Probably won't change in the next few months unless they're one time deals.
Why should we hire you: I'm not sure if I can really call myself a veteran, seeing as my activity has always been sketchy, but I've been making changes and committing on a whole new level to this site alone. My years of past experience working as a mod on various sites, my unique opinions and insight, and my determination are all factors I believe would contribute to making the site even better.
Philosophy of Staff: It's all about giving everyone the best experience they can possibly get while on US. Staff do what they can to make the community happy and active, and make sure they are given the tools they need to do that when they request for them. Not waiting 5 days for this, or a week for that. Not even 2 days. While at the same time as this, ensuring the rules are met respectively by these tools.
Recommendation : Not sure who I'd recommend.
Back to top Go down
Sasme Raiki
Sasme Raiki

Moderator Sign Ups Vide
PostSubject: Re: Moderator Sign Ups Moderator Sign Ups EmptyMon 20 May 2013, 8:22 am

Name: Sasme Raiki Also known as Brad
Skype Account: I do not have a skype, but could easy get one should I need it.
Availability: I'm on every day, at least three major times, morning, evening, and night, and that's when i'm not an admin or mod, if so i'd have a window open all throughout the day.
Why should we hire you: Well, I was a member of the original Ultimate Shinobi years ago. Not as a mod, but as a Jounin Squad leader. I'm very friendly and though i doubt anyone would remember me, I was friendly with everyone i met here. Experience wise, i've had two very successful sites, who's deaths were only caused by an illness of my own that required surgery, and the other due to hacking of my URL, that caused it to redirect to someone elses site.
My qualities are as follow:
-Very strict with applications.
-Read every word of applications, so nothing will fall through the cracks.
-Encourage members to post and detail their apps and threads with as much info as they can.
-Offer advice and teaching to new members.
-Extensive knowledge of the Naruto-verse.
-College level writer, with over 12 credit hours in English, writing, and literature, of different types.
-I'm an overall badass.
-Creative, often I come up with ideas, that help benefit everyone admins included.
-I won't waste time with continuing this list, if i'm a possible candidate after this i'll follow through should it be necessary
Philosophy of Staff: Top 3
1. Teaching newer, or lower skilled members to be better. (long explanation why, if you're curious to know my opinion)
2. Getting official Squads together and active as soon as possible. (Or Apprentices for Jounin)
3. Making sure all villages have an infrastructure that needs admins as little as possible.
Recommendation : Sadly having been away for so long I can't pick anyone out, however judging by the apps i've seen on here, i'd like to see, Dr. Chocolate, i mean hey, they're a DOCTOR, made of CHOCOLATE! If i don't get called in it better be them!
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Moderator Sign Ups Vide
PostSubject: Re: Moderator Sign Ups Moderator Sign Ups EmptyMon 20 May 2013, 9:57 am

Noisy, Gambler, I'm afraid your livers are now forfeited. It's shanking time! Moderator Sign Ups 287405

Last edited by BK-201 on Mon 20 May 2013, 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Slurberdur
Kumo Nin
Slurberdur

Moderator Sign Ups Vide
PostSubject: Re: Moderator Sign Ups Moderator Sign Ups EmptyMon 20 May 2013, 3:56 pm

Name: Saint: Dylan
Skype Account: dyly.starr (note I do not have much access to this right now but will change over time)
Availability: I check in at least once a day. Hadn't been rping because my current, soon deceased character became to static and unwilling to change but after I get my clan and thereby new character approved, my activity should pick back up.
Why should we hire you: I add a different view to the staff team and I have been staff before. Although my activity has been shifty over the time period, I have also been with US for a very long time. I know how the systems and everythihng works. I also have a vast amount of knowledge when it comes to Naruto that applies very smoothly to the moderation process. I completely understand any skepticism that would come to giving me a moderator position but, as my uncle says, you can't be scared your whole life. I would be perfectly fine with being a trial mod for a while. Another reason is my philosiphy below. I am also pretty strict but definitely fair on all acounts. I am thurough and catch the majority of what needs to be caught.
Philosophy of Staff: To try to get everything approved. I think the limitation of denials does a great deal in boosting moral and willingness to rp. When you constatnly have your stuff denied, it kinda lands a blow to the fun. Thats why my approach takes the position that there is not much that cannot be approved with a little bit of tweaking. Or maybe a lot of tweaking depending on the situation. I believe that the moderation team needs to work directly with the member who they are moderating and try to come to agreeable terms on each select creation wherever possible. I believe only in the rarest of circumstances should an outright denial be waranted.
Recommendation : Hugh, find me Hugh damn it.
Back to top Go down
Leighton
Leighton

Moderator Sign Ups Vide
PostSubject: Re: Moderator Sign Ups Moderator Sign Ups EmptyMon 20 May 2013, 10:20 pm

Name: Leighton - Kevin
Skype Account: Something or another I seriously don't know but Adam has it.
Availability: Within the coming year I can only predict things to be unnerving. Heading off to pot-secondary in October and god only knows when I'll be moving down with my sister. However I usually find time to do things even if I don't.
Why should we hire you: A fair question I suppose. But should I know why you should hire me? I know nothing of what qualifies one to become a staff on here. At least, the details of course. I could name many reasons that could possible help or hurt my chances, couldn't I?
Philosophy of Staff: A staff changes from place to place. But nonetheless I feel that the staff is a unit of people who work together, using individual talents and knowledge to run something. But what do I really know, nothing truely. A staff could be so individual that none of them converse and still, would function. In the end, I suppose the best way for me to say anything would be this: The staff is akin to the skelaton, providing structure and supporting the body.
Recommendation : Hugh would be nice. Against my better judgement I'll include Travis, but alas I may not live long enough to see the results.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.com
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Moderator Sign Ups Vide
PostSubject: Re: Moderator Sign Ups Moderator Sign Ups EmptyTue 21 May 2013, 7:40 am

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Adam
The Boss
Adam

Moderator Sign Ups Vide
PostSubject: Re: Moderator Sign Ups Moderator Sign Ups EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013, 12:09 pm

Bumping as we're still looking for more moderators if anybody else is interested.
Back to top Go down
Slurberdur
Kumo Nin
Slurberdur

Moderator Sign Ups Vide
PostSubject: Re: Moderator Sign Ups Moderator Sign Ups EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013, 3:25 pm

Just making it known that I am still interested.
Back to top Go down
Brett
Brett

Moderator Sign Ups Vide
PostSubject: Re: Moderator Sign Ups Moderator Sign Ups EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013, 7:40 pm

Name: Brett [Online and Offline]
Skype Account: Y'all already have it, but @HiddenLegendary
Availability: I'll pretty much be around if I'm not working. Although as you know, this will change greatly once school starts back up. My thread "No Promises Will be Made" will not affect too as I am only trying to be a evaluations moderator as that's my true joy on this site. 
Why should we hire you: What makes me different? Well, I've already worked with you guys once in the past, and despite some things, I really just want to read and evaluate threads that people write. Not only was that the only thing I was really proficient at as a former staffer, but as you guys are lagging, and all these event threads coming in, your existing moderators are going to be bent over backwards to get them all done. Thus, that is the assistance I offer to you guys this time around. I can comfortably say that, at the very least, I'll stay around after school starts up to continue to evaluate if given this position back. I'm sure you'll be doubting that, and all I can say is "oh well." 
Philosophy of Staff: As always, both in my real life job and when on the net, I feel the customer/client/user should always be placed first so as to expedite their well deserved gratification. 
Recommendation : A lot of people that I used to really interact with have departed, but regardless, I would still say Sophie. Sophie is an amazing intellectual who adds a lot to the site even though her character is a Nukenin. Not to mention she has been around for quite a while so has a vast understanding of the systems, rules, and the site as a whole. She is also interactive with the members when she does indeed pop up, not to mention that I don't think a bad word could ever be uttered about this marvelous mistress. That'll be all. 
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Moderator Sign Ups Vide
PostSubject: Re: Moderator Sign Ups Moderator Sign Ups EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013, 10:36 pm

Name: Chris
Skype Account: enma.kun1

Availability: Decent/Quite High (I would say a 7/8 ); since it takes me about an hour to get from home to school and vice versa, I have a lot of idle time to put to a good use. Also next school year, I'm considering dropping one of my subjects, which should give me a LOT more time to do things in ^_^ I also don't have much planned for the Summer

Why should we hire you: Well, I guess it's important to start off by saying that I'm a veteran member, though of course some have been here longer. Still I have seen US evolve and know most of the members really well. In all honesty, I'm generally a well rounded person - a decent roleplayer, with some graphical ability. I would say I'm quite easy to get along with, which is always important in terms of staff-member relations, though having said that, I can be harsh when necessary or certainly may come across it, since I want to maintain a high standard on US. 

Philosophy of Staff: I believe that the staff should ensure that the forum thrives with activity. Whilst it's important to carry out their duties, I think it's also very important that staff members roleplay and remain active members of the community; in order to make sure that the staff has enough time to do both, I believe that a solid system and a large selection of features are necessary. Currently, US is very close to achieving what I personally consider a 'perfect forum' and just needs a little push to do it. 

Recommendation : I think all of the members that have posted in this thread seem like very good candidates (I dunno why everyone else is recommending people that are not interested o.o). Since I have worked with Brett before, I'm gonna show some bias and say he's a great choice. Ideally, I would love if he and I could work together. 
Back to top Go down
Ace
Ace

Moderator Sign Ups Vide
PostSubject: Re: Moderator Sign Ups Moderator Sign Ups EmptyThu 13 Jun 2013, 3:06 am

^ Dunn doo eeett Adam..!

*Had to come back to wish these guys bad luck on these Moderator Sign Ups.*
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.com
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

Moderator Sign Ups Vide
PostSubject: Re: Moderator Sign Ups Moderator Sign Ups EmptySun 23 Jun 2013, 6:09 am

TBA

Recommendation : Despite our personal differences, I could most comfortably recommend Travis (TLV - Mors Atra - BK-201). Despite his differences with the site and it's staff, he is generally helpful towards any newbie or generally nearly anyone who has any sort of question within the chat box.

He displays an impressive knowledge of the systems that rivals the most experienced staff. He appears to be reasonably in terms of judgement when it comes to concepts and ideas which offers great company towards his more than suitable knowledge of Naruto-related concepts.

Although he might have some attitude issues with people and with the concept of staff or certain members of staff, I believe that the site would be better with Travis as a moderator. #SomuchTravislove
Back to top Go down
Pretty Girl Swag
Pretty Girl Swag

Moderator Sign Ups Vide
PostSubject: Re: Moderator Sign Ups Moderator Sign Ups EmptySun 23 Jun 2013, 7:48 am

MrMoney wrote:
Recommendation: Despite our personal differences, I could most comfortably recommend Travis (TLV - Mors Atra - BK-201). #SomuchTravislove

Travis has already voiced that he doesn't not wish to become a member of the staff, because while he enjoys helping people he does not like the idea of being required to help them, and if at all required the ability to tell someone to f*ck off. Travis is one of the people that many think would make an amazing addition to the staff, but cannot become one simply because he doesn't want to.

If Travis wanted to be a member of the staff, he would have posted in the staff sign ups. Please stop recommending him.
Back to top Go down
MsMoney
Wanderer
MsMoney

Moderator Sign Ups Vide
PostSubject: Re: Moderator Sign Ups Moderator Sign Ups EmptySun 23 Jun 2013, 7:53 am

[06:00:28 23/06/13] @ Adam : People can recommend whoever they want.

COOKIE!
Back to top Go down
Adam
The Boss
Adam

Moderator Sign Ups Vide
PostSubject: Re: Moderator Sign Ups Moderator Sign Ups EmptySun 23 Jun 2013, 9:10 am

MsMoney wrote:
[06:00:28 23/06/13] @ Adam : People can recommend whoever they want.

COOKIE!

People should only be giving out recommendations with their completed application.

COOKIE!
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Moderator Sign Ups Vide
PostSubject: Re: Moderator Sign Ups Moderator Sign Ups EmptySun 23 Jun 2013, 11:30 am

Dammit, that's five people now.

1. I have no desire to be a moderator. If on occasion I help staff, site, and members along, I do so because I desire to be helpful at the time; I do not want to volunteer myself, for a role I'd only desire to fill half the time.
  2. I'd be a terrible mod.
  3. Adam agrees it'd be a terrible idea to put me on staff.
  4. It ain't happening, STFU about it -A-

Last edited by BK-201 on Sun 23 Jun 2013, 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Adam
The Boss
Adam

Moderator Sign Ups Vide
PostSubject: Re: Moderator Sign Ups Moderator Sign Ups EmptySun 23 Jun 2013, 11:41 am

BK-201 wrote:

1. Adam agrees I'd be a terrible mod.

I never agreed to that.
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Moderator Sign Ups Vide
PostSubject: Re: Moderator Sign Ups Moderator Sign Ups EmptySun 23 Jun 2013, 9:24 pm

Adam wrote:
BK-201 wrote:

I never agreed to that.

Edited to read as "Terrible idea to put me on staff."
Back to top Go down
Adam
The Boss
Adam

Moderator Sign Ups Vide
PostSubject: Re: Moderator Sign Ups Moderator Sign Ups EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013, 1:26 am

BK-201 wrote:
Adam wrote:
BK-201 wrote:

I never agreed to that.

I never agreed to that.
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Moderator Sign Ups Vide
PostSubject: Re: Moderator Sign Ups Moderator Sign Ups EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013, 11:21 am

Adam wrote:
BK-201 wrote:
Adam wrote:
BK-201 wrote:

I never agreed to that.

I never agreed to that.

Stop contradicting me, wanker Moderator Sign Ups 287405
Back to top Go down
Adam
The Boss
Adam

Moderator Sign Ups Vide
PostSubject: Re: Moderator Sign Ups Moderator Sign Ups EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013, 11:25 am

BK-201 wrote:
Adam wrote:
BK-201 wrote:
Adam wrote:
BK-201 wrote:

I never agreed to that.

I never agreed to that.

Stop contradicting me, wanker Moderator Sign Ups 287405

I can't agree to that. Aww yeah
Back to top Go down