Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Cross
Cross

Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Vide
PostSubject: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] EmptyThu 13 Mar 2014, 5:52 am

So, I know there may already be an answer for this with "You already make your own plot." But, I kinda want to get nukenin a bit more of an unf in this site with character interactions between villages and such.

There are what.. 6 active nukenin out of 7, I do believe? Fox, Ulk, Myself, Dex, Ruk, and Trey's nukenin, with Amy's on the side.

It's all mainly solo missions or threads, or just plain Private threads that really just take the thrill out of 'getting caught' per se. With the new crime and punishment system, it would seem a bit more appropriate to have nukenin a but more endangered than the normal ninja.

What if the ninja came together to make a brand new village and fought for leadership( even though Fox would probably wreck us all  TEEHEE )It just seems all lacking with the nukenin system. I mean, sure there is effort when you try to break out, and it shows. But once you're out, what then? No one hunts you. There are no hunter nin per se. No 'thrill' or anything from being nukenin. It's pretty much a death sentence for muses if not done right. XD

It's just disappointing to see such effort put to make village-based characters fun, with nukenin lacking in some form. Infiltration never got a decent answer when Fox made the topic a while back; There should be an option of something like Kabuto. A double agent- like thing. Allowing nukenin to collect headbands and walk through the villages with disguises. It's risky thing for some, and others it's like a walk through the park.

Eh, maybe I'm just blabbering, but suggestions or other opinions are more than welcomed here.

Just try to avoid flaming lol.
Back to top Go down
Rukasu
Rukasu

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] EmptyThu 13 Mar 2014, 6:06 am

Well, since it is just Six of us and you're right about what you are saying, but how about a little group. Like the Akatsuki, but with different motives and objectives. We can split up in two man cells and do what want and stuff like that. I am new to the whole nukenin the system, but I would like to see the criminal group together and have one or several hideouts. I am just putting in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Cross
Cross

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] EmptyThu 13 Mar 2014, 6:10 am

Nah, Nothing like the Akatsuki. Criminal Orgs only last so long, and seem a bit generic with how they play out. I'm not against it, but I'm not for it either. A lot of clashing would go on lol. There's a lot I would like to see happen with the Nukenin here. It just requires activity and working things out. Which is what this thread is for. For people who are interested in becoming/making nukenin, or are already nukenin, to figure out what they want and staff can evaluate this thread to mess around with the system.
Back to top Go down
Søren
Nukenin

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] EmptyThu 13 Mar 2014, 9:39 am

Well, I can't help but finding myself in love with a suggest such as this one. I think a collection of Nukenin would be good for the plot of the site as well, but the problem would be deciding how to bring us together. As Todd said Nukenin organisations would disappear after a few months, we know, we tried it out. However something like a village sounds good but improbable. Simply, IC Nukenin are unlikely to want to do this. It would be hard and we would get into fights about who's role was what. We would need each Nukenin member to have their say and in the end I would reckon that not everyone would be up for something like this.

Like I said previously it would be great for the plot. The collective force of the Nukenin could probably destroy Kumogakure TEEHEE

If anyone else has any suggestions of a way we could all come together it would be great. Not something where we have to stay in a minor village or anything. But something where we would all have a base to return to and create IC relations. Even with that we could have missions connected to the organisation.

That is just my suggestion.
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] EmptyThu 13 Mar 2014, 2:35 pm

Just have Sophie throw a plague at some village or another.
Back to top Go down
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] EmptyThu 13 Mar 2014, 2:39 pm

Isnt there going to already be some crappy Organization?
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] EmptyThu 13 Mar 2014, 3:46 pm

That's different. Zackass is orchestrating that fail-opera.
Back to top Go down
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] EmptyThu 13 Mar 2014, 6:29 pm

BK-201 wrote:

lol'd
Back to top Go down
Cross
Cross

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] EmptyThu 13 Mar 2014, 9:31 pm

Organization stuff is just..iffy. There is already one 'group' being made, and it'll just be a stalemate and bad idea to make another org. I was thinking about some sort of rebellion against the village systems, trying to change them into arena type deals where genin have to kill genin to graduate. Pretty much like the bloody mist.

Meh, I don't know the disease thing kind of made me lol'd a bit. :b We technically have bases to relocate in since they are basically nukenin only areas. Staff input would be glorious.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] EmptyFri 14 Mar 2014, 12:46 am

Spectre wrote:
BK-201 wrote:

lol'd

But guys! It's not Akatsuki, okay? Seriously. It's really really not Akatsuki. It's better than Akatsuki, and Akatsuki definitely isn't an inspiration. At all.  xD

@Taec: If you want to fuck with villages, I'm sure they will be more than happy to cut you down. But hey. Kudos for trying ^^
Back to top Go down
Cross
Cross

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] EmptyFri 14 Mar 2014, 1:05 am

XD. I just want Nukenin's to look better than they do now. When I first became one, I thought it was fucking legit to have no rules to follow and such, but with the limitations of interaction they have already (With a somewhat horrible infiltration system, no hunter-nin's etc) It just seemed like a solo role rather than something unique from a village ninja. It just seems like they are in the backburner more than anything. I mean. Nukenin professions -just- got made here recently from what I've seen. They weren't here much earlier. Probably looks like I'm bitching to be honest XD But, Nukenin should have just as much attention as the village ninja get with perks. There should be 'nukenin exclusive village type jutsu' or just nukenin exclusive jutsu in general.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] EmptyFri 14 Mar 2014, 1:22 am

The fundamental problem with Nukenin is that you guys aren't supposed to have fun or have it easy xD You're supposed to be chased and hunted, and preferably, killed or captured. I think originally, people couldn't start off as Nukenin unless they had a really good reason for doing so and wanted to 'fuck shit up', so to speak. It's not really supposed to be a 4th-sorta village.

Not that I'm trying to justify why you guys don't get much attention.
Back to top Go down
Cross
Cross

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] EmptyFri 14 Mar 2014, 1:45 am

Chris wrote:
The fundamental problem with Nukenin is that you guys aren't supposed to have fun or have it easy xD You're supposed to be chased and hunted, and preferably, killed or captured. I think originally, people couldn't start off as Nukenin unless they had a really good reason for doing so and wanted to 'fuck shit up', so to speak. It's not really supposed to be a 4th-sorta village.

Not that I'm trying to justify why you guys don't get much attention.

None of that even happens. I get what you're saying, but once people actually get to be a nukenin, and see how it's limited when they are honestly supposed to have no limits on what they can do since the only worries they should have is being captured or killed by other nukenin/hunter-nins(Whenever or however the are introduced.)

I'm just trying to find out ways to make it more appealing and fun to actually be a nukenin instead of it being a constant solo battle with no real perks besides having potential access to all villages.

Edit: It's more so that we have the power to hunt more than the other members who are supposively supposed to be hunting us.
Back to top Go down
Rukasu
Rukasu

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] EmptySat 15 Mar 2014, 5:39 am

If we were to be able to use a village, then how about the Rain village. Someone with high rank was able to get into it, however, if not the Rain village, then maybe a small village that would be difficult to get into. Idk but a defense would be great so we wouldn't get any unwelcome visitors. Also Like you said about the activity, well that goes without saying we would need to have stuff to do than our regular missions and social topics. Interrogations and assassins could be necessary. In Naruto they used the criminals for the dirty work that was kept a secret. Criminals are not just criminals any more, they can be used for greater and better things, yes, we are not good people, but we are the ones that can change anything we want. Basically, we have the power to decide on how things work. I know that most criminals will most likely go for this idea but the main question is why would a criminal leave a village for another village.
Back to top Go down
Wolfe
Wolfe

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] EmptySat 15 Mar 2014, 11:20 pm

I feel like criminals working together should be a lot more circumstantial, rather than something that just happens because you feel like it OOC. It's not like you share agendas, families or villages [in most cases] unlike a lot of criminal organizations. So you'd have to figure that one out amongst yourselves. Then there's the issue of finding a place of residence, I honestly believe you'd be better off living under a rock somewhere. Taking over any kind of village regardless of how small would ask for a lot of attention and basically make you a buffet for people inclined to hunt criminals.

Taec wrote:
I'm just trying to find out ways to make it more appealing and fun to actually be a nukenin instead of it being a constant solo battle with no real perks besides having potential access to all villages.

You pursued the position of Nukenin which inherently possesses those values.
Back to top Go down
Cross
Cross

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] EmptySun 16 Mar 2014, 4:35 am

Wolfe wrote:
I feel like criminals working together should be a lot more circumstantial, rather than something that just happens because you feel like it OOC. It's not like you share agendas, families or villages [in most cases] unlike a lot of criminal organizations. So you'd have to figure that one out amongst yourselves. Then there's the issue of finding a place of residence, I honestly believe you'd be better off living under a rock somewhere. Taking over any kind of village regardless of how small would ask for a lot of attention and basically make you a buffet for people inclined to hunt criminals.

Taec wrote:

You pursued the position of Nukenin which inherently possesses those values.

When or if Hunter-nins actually pursue, then maybe it would actually mean something.

As for taking on the position, I knew it before I even wanted it. Doesn't mean everyone else has to experience that as a Nukenin. Can't really access villages when their kages are inactive to give guest passes so we can actually post in the forums.

I don't think most really see how nukenin have it compared to village ninja. I mean, if it had a better system and some perks of creating forbidden like jutsu(Not actually banned stuff. Just flashy things really.) Or if they invade a village, they can get to scrolls that hold the village exclusive moves.

This whole thing is just meant to attempt to change the nukenin system and what they're capable of.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Anna

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] EmptySun 16 Mar 2014, 8:34 am

Just gang up somewhere and storm a random village all at once. That would be an interesting topic.

"Where the hell did all these Nukenin come from!?!?!"
Back to top Go down
Søren
Nukenin

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] EmptySun 16 Mar 2014, 10:39 am

Ok, this is a suggestion that is more than likely going to be shot down instantly and everyone is going to say how stupid it is. Yes, I too think it is unlikely to work but I like the idea.

In the manga Pein uses the Land of Rain? Is it? As a front for the Akatsuki. Now, like this idea I propose that a group, not all, of Nukenin storm a minor nation say the Moon Country and use it as a base of operations. From there we can use it for diplomatic reasons, such as negotiating with other villages or just using it as a safe haven until someone decides to attack it or whatever. It would still allow us to roam free, after all, is that not the point of being a Nukenin? But it would however open up possible threads and missions. As well as more interaction (hopefully) between not only just Nukenin but village shinobi.

However this suggestion will likely get dismissed, seeing as I read it back it does seem improbable.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] EmptySun 16 Mar 2014, 2:14 pm

Satan wrote:
In the manga Pein uses the Land of Rain? Is it? As a front for the Akatsuki. Now, like this idea I propose that a group, not all, of Nukenin storm a minor nation say the Moon Country and use it as a base of operations. From there we can use it for diplomatic reasons, such as negotiating with other villages or just using it as a safe haven until someone decides to attack it or whatever. It would still allow us to roam free, after all, is that not the point of being a Nukenin? But it would however open up possible threads and missions. As well as more interaction (hopefully) between not only just Nukenin but village shinobi.

Hm here are the problems with this idea:

- Most of the Nukenin don't know each other IC-wise. Like Wolfe pointed out, you have no real reason to work together or trust each other. How would you guys meet and decide on taking over a village? It would take some work from all of you, so you better get posting D<

- How realistic is it for a bunch of C Rank Ninja to take over a whole village? Most of you guys are under 20, so you don't exactly inspire fear nor respect. Even if the village has no or very few shinobi, I don't really see how you would be able to keep it under control. As soon as one or two of you leave it, the people will probably try to take the rest out.

- Which brings me to my final point: you need someone like Fox to lead this. Or an A Ranker at least. Satan is probably the closest to that, so pressure him to rp :PWith an A/S ranker, it makes more sense for the people of the village to either surrender to you straight away or to remain docile once you guys have taken over.

Bonus Round: With 2nd characters now being allowed, Nukenin will probably get a lot more people soon enough. If you're a bit more patient and roleplay out criminals gathering, eventually you should be sizeable enough to be a threat to anyone. Just get a few B and A Ranks first!
Back to top Go down
Cross
Cross

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] EmptySun 16 Mar 2014, 6:38 pm

The only C ranks are Ruk, Trey, and Amy's characters I do believe.

I'm close to B+
Dex is pretty damn close to A
Ulk I think is the same
Fox would honestly be the person to lead some sort of thing. Dex did bring up a good point. A small country could be taken over B+ and an A rank could take over a minor country(At least imo, I don't see how they can't seeing no one really Rp's there anyway.)

I get that the second characters are available which could have been one of the better things this forum has done finally. XD

Nukenin have the power to make all villages get some sort of activity spike, and I just want to help out both the nukenin and activity of villages. Kumo needs it badly right now. Anything to help out people honestly.
Back to top Go down
Dari's Angel
Dari's Angel

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] EmptySun 16 Mar 2014, 7:03 pm

Taec wrote:
The only C ranks are Ruk, Trey, and Amy's characters I do believe.

I'm close to B+
Dex is pretty damn close to A
Ulk I think is the same
Fox would honestly be the person to lead some sort of thing. Dex did bring up a good point. A small country could be taken over B+ and an A rank could take over a minor country(At least imo, I don't see how they can't seeing no one really Rp's there anyway.)

I get that the second characters are available which could have been one of the better things this forum has done finally. XD

Nukenin have the power to make all villages get some sort of activity spike, and I just want to help out both the nukenin and activity of villages. Kumo needs it badly right now. Anything to help out people honestly.

Truth is, Nukenin numbers aren't the highest, and whilst I like the idea of giving them some sort of base or place of operations, a whole country taken by that amount of people seems a bit much. Besides, is a whole country needed? They could just silently occupy a town or something that's not in use. I was under the impression Nukenin RP areas had been created anyway, though I'm not sure how much they've been used.

As for Nukenin interacting with villages, I feel that could be interesting. However, I unfortunately fear that a village member will meta game knowing the Nukenin or some shit and try to kill the poor bastard for the points and then people will complain and it won't be fun. Regardless, I think staff made plots, however well intended they are, lack effectiveness, and a Nukenin plot might be better at getting people involved whilst also being less regulated and more player controlled, meaning those involved can dictate what happens. So if Dexter, Ulk and Sophie, or actually any Nukenin willing, were to get something moving, I'm sure it could inspire something at least.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.com
~Fox~
Nukenin
~Fox~

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] EmptySun 16 Mar 2014, 10:06 pm

BK-201 wrote:
Just have Sophie throw a plague at some village or another.
Oh, you.  TEEHEE 

Anywho. It'd be good to see some collective momentum amongst the nukenin here. I wouldn't mind getting involved, although finding a legitimate reason for Uriko to do so might be a barrier.

If the group were to attempt a coup, it would be far more interesting to go after a big prize. Say, Kumogakure (hypothetically). Occupying any of the smaller nations with little to no PC presence is far less exciting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.org/forum
Søren
Nukenin

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] EmptySun 16 Mar 2014, 10:08 pm

~Fox~ wrote:
If the group were to attempt a coup, it would be far more interesting to go after a big prize. Say, Kumogakure (hypothetically).

Funny thing is we actually could take Kumo, quite easily. Aside from Travis they only have one other A rank.

Last edited by Satan on Sun 16 Mar 2014, 11:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anna
Anna

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] EmptySun 16 Mar 2014, 10:15 pm

Maybe that'll push them to get their Raikage in faster Razz
Back to top Go down
Cross
Cross

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] EmptySun 16 Mar 2014, 10:18 pm

I haven't had issues with metagaming when in Konoha.
I just have my character say he is a transfer from Kirigakure, waiting on his head band and takes on a new persona. It's all about how people play their characters so they don't seem nukenin. It wouldn't be smart to go in a major village and be like "LOOK. I HAVE A LINE THROUGH MY HEADBAND. IMMA BADDIE"

Honestly, if we literally went to Kumogaure, the whole nukenin group could piss off a lot of kumo ninja. I just see it a bit wee generic for them to go into a village and just claim it as theirs without another reason for taking it other than "Dis. Dis is nice."

Quote :
a Nukenin plot might be better at getting people involved whilst also being less regulated and more player controlled, meaning those involved can dictate what happens

^^^ exactly that, Miguel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-