Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Dari's Angel
Dari's Angel

Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Mar 2014, 10:35 pm

Taec wrote:
I haven't had issues with metagaming when in Konoha.

Haven't roleplayed with the right people in Konoha then, clearly. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.com
~Fox~
Nukenin
~Fox~

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Mar 2014, 11:06 pm

Taec wrote:
Honestly, if we literally went to Kumogaure, the whole nukenin group could piss off a lot of kumo ninja. I just see it a bit wee generic for them to go into a village and just claim it as theirs without another reason for taking it other than "Dis. Dis is nice."
Probably my main objection to such an idea. I also worry that the time it would take to set up (without too much meta-gaming) would see a good deal of attrition from the plot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.org/forum
Cross
Cross

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Mar 2014, 12:06 am

Well. Has Dex's character met yours yet, Soph? I know he met Ulks, so if he met yours as well it could work out in meeting. Mokuzai is curious to know other nukenin, so I don't see how it could get metagammy for the initial meeting.

It could give kumo a little bit of a spike too, but there are only Genin and Travis's A rank That I know of.

Back to top Go down
Wolfe
Wolfe

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Mar 2014, 1:12 am

Another reason you shouldn't take Kumogakure, or even think about taking it, is the fact it's retarded. The only reason you could take it right now is because members are inactive and the Raikage is taking his sweet time [Kumo is not in control of their Raikage and don't even know who it is, so don't pin that on us]. A village is meant to be a large and powerful foe, so using your OOC knowledge of its member base would be pathetic. Meanwhile you're talking about attacking a village with people who care about their characters simply cos you know it'd be easy, so have some god damn dignity.

I'm just going to reiterate my earlier point since I don't feel like this is worth my time anymore. Taking any kind of village regardless of how small will draw a lot of unwanted attention to you. Not only that but your characters need reasons to work together, they cannot magically come to trust CRIMINALS with their own agendas. You did not leave a village to be under somebody else's thumb, I'm sure, so having a leader probably isn't a big aspiration for your characters either. From there on you can figure it out, have fun.
Back to top Go down
MsMoney
Wanderer
MsMoney

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Mar 2014, 1:28 am

Derp.

Anyway, let us not become aggressive in here peepz.  This is a suggestion thread for things, and honestly an attack on Kumo might force -some- people to spring into action and activity. Not saying it SHOULD or WILL happen, but this is simply a thread for suggestions and talking.

Last edited by MsMoney on Mon 17 Mar 2014, 1:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cross
Cross

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Mar 2014, 1:31 am

Wolfe wrote:
Another reason you shouldn't take Kumogakure, or even think about taking it, is the fact it's retarded. The only reason you could take it right now is because members are inactive and the Raikage is taking his sweet time [Kumo is not in control of their Raikage and don't even know who it is, so don't pin that on us]. A village is meant to be a large and powerful foe, so using your OOC knowledge of its member base would be pathetic. Meanwhile you're talking about attacking a village with people who care about their characters simply cos you know it'd be easy, so have some god damn dignity.

I'm just going to reiterate my earlier point since I don't feel like this is worth my time anymore. Taking any kind of village regardless of how small will draw a lot of unwanted attention to you. Not only that but your characters need reasons to work together, they cannot magically come to trust CRIMINALS with their own agendas. You did not leave a village to be under somebody else's thumb, I'm sure, so having a leader probably isn't a big aspiration for your characters either. From there on you can figure it out, have fun.

"It's retarded" People are just scared to lose character in my opinion. It wasn't even set in stone, so no need to get hostile and call people out just for throwing out an idea. The point is to get attention lol. This wasn't going to happen in a matter of days, it could take weeks to get everyone to meet ICly and building everything. Who said we would even have a legit -leader-? The nukenin could be in control of anything, if they don't like how someone is acting out in a group, what's really stopping them from taking them out? Nothing.

Everyone cares about their characters, but death happens. It's not like you get penalized for death. Your next character gets a certain amount of exp/mp from your old account and it's actually pretty nice.

You seemed like you were taking this personally and in a selfish manner rather than looking at the whole thing. No one is blind here. Kumo is pretty much a graveyard. As Ms stated, it's just a suggestion. We would throw the other villages in if they were in the state that Kumo is in.

I get your concern, but you need to word it much differently if you want to be taken with some sort of reason. e.e
Back to top Go down
Wolfe
Wolfe

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Mar 2014, 1:43 am

As a Kumo user I reserve the right to be selfish about suggestions towards a character and village I care about. Losing my character would be penalization enough as it is THE character I care about, or do you assume people don't have the right to care about the characters they make? Now onto calling it retarded, I've seen plenty of people talk about stuff concerning Kumo related to this. It pisses me off that people talk about it so lightly especially when blatantly using our low activity as an advantage, when I'm using our low activity to request events and plot similar to this very topic. I also didn't call anybody out, I made it a blank statement towards the idea in its entirety when regarding it under the terms I named. If you chose to take it personally then that's your fault. Also, a graveyard is where dead people are, I can assure you Kumo is not a graveyard and the people there are very involved with their characters.

You're talking here about a plot for Nukenin cos you want stuff to do and yet you involved Kumo in it, negatively impacting most of Kumo's user base in such an event. While Kumo users are struggling themselves with many of the same issues you're having, we aren't making requests to attack criminals with OOC knowledge of their weaknesses.
Back to top Go down
~Fox~
Nukenin
~Fox~

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Mar 2014, 1:50 am

Whoa, nelly! I think we're all getting a little ahead of ourselves. If it eases tensions we can call the hypothetical target "rainbowland" for all I care. I'm late to the party I know, but as far as I can see this thread is just a forum to voice ideas over mobilizing the nukenin.

Now, although trust issues, self-centredness and backstabbing might well be rife,  it's not completely unthinkable that criminals might form a gang. There are both fictional and real-world examples of such units - working effectively, too.
Back to top Go down
Cross
Cross

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Mar 2014, 1:52 am

We're not even set on it. It was a Suggestion. Simple as that. I'm not assuming anything about people not caring about their characters. I've lost one on here too, I know what it's like to see something they create and work to a title to literally be left with nothing after months of work.

Who would say if it was to happen that it would have to be negative? What if it's just people walking through to get somewhere? Would there -have- to be killing? No, not really. It could be a social based thing where people get to see that there are ninja out there that have no limits or rules to follow and that could stir character activity for a lot.

If I was a village ninja and see multiple nukenin, or hear about their activities, I would get pretty interested. Plots don't mean death. it doesn't always mean that.

I'm trying to find a simple solution to help out the whole site between multiple user groups.
The nukenin could give a boost of activity through all 3 villages, we have enough high ranks for some sort of thing.

It's about keeping open minded and thinking things through before making assumptions.

I apologize if I offended you, all I'm trying to do is make some activity happen so people can get back into Rp and be excitied to see posts and have stuff happening for the -whole site-

---
Soph, I'm currently in Konoha as well acting as a Leaf ninja.

I've been there for the past month or so I think. I've been mainly working on personal plot, but having access to it now we could figure something out?
Back to top Go down
Wolfe
Wolfe

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Mar 2014, 1:58 am

Taec wrote:
Who would say if it was to happen that it would have to be negative? What if it's just people walking through to get somewhere? Would there -have- to be killing? No, not really. It could be a social based thing where people get to see that there are ninja out there that have no limits or rules to follow and that could stir character activity for a lot.

The words "Take Kumo" do not suggest anything other than attacking it. Unless you plan to walk in and socially claim the village as your own somehow.
Back to top Go down
~Fox~
Nukenin
~Fox~

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Mar 2014, 1:59 am

Wolfe wrote:
The words "Take Kumo" do not suggest anything other than attacking it. Unless you plan to walk in and socially claim the village as your own somehow.
I'm 99% sure it was intended hypothetically, but to keep the peace I reckon we can all just stop mentioning Kumo for now.
Taec wrote:
Everyone cares about their characters, but death happens.
I doubt I'll win many friends, but this. I wish we RPed with a touch more realism.
Taec wrote:
Soph, I'm currently in Konoha as well acting as a Leaf ninja.

I've been there for the past month or so I think. I've been mainly working on personal plot, but having access to it now we could figure something out?
I don't see why not. Uriko is still to see out her own personal stuff too, so there's no rush. Keep in touch?

Last edited by ~Fox~ on Mon 17 Mar 2014, 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wolfe
Wolfe

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Mar 2014, 2:01 am

Losing characters is not something I have an issue with, until it's unfair. Attacking Kumo in any way simply because it has low user activity and is seen as an easy target is where it becomes unfair.
Back to top Go down
Cross
Cross

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Mar 2014, 2:03 am

They wouldn't have to claim the whole thing if it did happen. They could get a little section and just have something to launch the raikage? There aren't much battles or Death matches on this site anyway, so I don't see combat happening even if people want it to be honest which is a bit on the lame side.

It could launch so that the Raikage runs them out or something.

Again, it was only a suggestion since they are in low activity and need a little boost to get some posts up. I don't really check Kumo's forum, so I don't really know when the last actual post was made or who are even active anymore.

Quote :
I don't see why not. Uriko is still to see out her own personal stuff too, so there's no rush. Keep in touch?

Yup, yup. Do you have a skype?
Back to top Go down
~Fox~
Nukenin
~Fox~

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Mar 2014, 2:05 am

Wolfe wrote:
Losing characters is not something I have an issue with, until it's unfair. Attacking Kumo in any way simply because it has low user activity and is seen as an easy target is where it becomes unfair.
Very true - I personally would not be happy to see someone lose a character unfairly. And using OOC knowledge to attack Kumogakure would qualify. But what if someone had IC knowledge that Kumo's forces were stretched thin? Would it be okay then?

The problem here is what qualifies as OOC and IC knowledge. It's relatively subjective, which opens up a whole other can of worms.
Taec wrote:
~Fox~ wrote:

Yup, yup. Do you have a skype?
'Fraid not. But my availability is very unpredictable at the moment, so PMs are likely to be your best bet.  :3

Last edited by ~Fox~ on Mon 17 Mar 2014, 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wolfe
Wolfe

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Mar 2014, 2:08 am

~Fox~ wrote:
Wolfe wrote:
Very true - I personally would not be happy to see someone lose a character unfairly. And using OOC knowledge to attack Kumogakure would qualify. But what if someone had IC knowledge that Kumo's forces were stretched thin? Would it be okay then?

The problem here is what qualifies as OOC and IC knowledge. It's relatively subjective, which opens up a whole other can of worms.

Stretched thin and having two to four active user Genin are clearly two different things, I believe nobody can argue with that or make it subjective.
Back to top Go down
~Fox~
Nukenin
~Fox~

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Mar 2014, 2:10 am

Wolfe wrote:
~Fox~ wrote:
Wolfe wrote:

Stretched thin and having two to four active user Genin are clearly two different things, I believe nobody can argue with that or make it subjective.
So back to hypotheticals: if I turned up in Kumo this minute, I would not, within the bounds of fairness, be allowed to report that there are very few shinobi occupying it right now?
Back to top Go down
Wolfe
Wolfe

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Mar 2014, 2:15 am

~Fox~ wrote:
So back to hypotheticals: if I turned up in Kumo this minute, I would not, within the bounds of fairness, be allowed to report that there are very few shinobi occupying it right now?

There's nothing I can answer that with other than please don't if you can.
Back to top Go down
Cross
Cross

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Mar 2014, 2:16 am

But then doesn't that make it unfair to people who have legit Ic knowledge to not use it?
Back to top Go down
~Fox~
Nukenin
~Fox~

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Mar 2014, 2:18 am

Wolfe wrote:
~Fox~ wrote:

There's nothing I can answer that with other than please don't if you can.
 TEEHEE Don't worry - I've no such plans. But it does seem to be a grey area...
Back to top Go down
Wolfe
Wolfe

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Mar 2014, 2:18 am

Taec wrote:
But then doesn't that make it unfair to people who have legit Ic knowledge to not use it?

That's why I said I couldn't answer it, because I do not know if it's possible to make such a claim. Villages are strongholds for Shinobi, the users to each village would be a small fraction of its total force I'd assume.
Back to top Go down
~Fox~
Nukenin
~Fox~

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Mar 2014, 2:20 am

Wolfe wrote:
Taec wrote:

That's why I said I couldn't answer it, because I do not know if it's possible to make such a claim. Villages are strongholds for Shinobi, the users to each village would be a small fraction of its total force I'd assume.
That would be a useful bit of information to sort out. For everyone.

And not just how many, but what rank these 'silent' NPCs are etc.
Back to top Go down
Cross
Cross

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Mar 2014, 2:28 am

I would think they would be Jounin+ At least.
Maybe a few chuunin or special Jounin.

Even with no kage, there are still village elders/temporary leaders and such to take into consideration.
Back to top Go down
Brett
Brett

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Mar 2014, 2:29 am

Just give a troop count per village..

i.e. city demographics {___ # jounin, ____ # chuunin, ____ # genin)
However, these demographic representations would also need to align with the power between villages. That meaning that if there was a war, demographics would be impaired for a short period of time and would shift the tide between villages. The only problem with that is the fact that constant monitoring would be required, as well as a system for implementation of these demographics. Not to mention, people to come up with numbers and representative proportions based on the size of the village and what not. GREAT idea, but a complex solution.

There are pros and cons. It would be nice to have a base chart though.
Back to top Go down
John

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Mar 2014, 9:37 pm

What you're all doing now is bringing unwanted attention to the Nukenin rank. An event could be nice but stop with this attacking Kumo talk. You keep that up and people might actually start hunting you. Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 2 287405
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.org
Cross
Cross

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Mar 2014, 9:47 pm

They should be hunting us to begin with..  Sir 

Least in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-