Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Anna
Anna

Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 4 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 4 EmptyWed 22 Oct 2014, 10:27 pm

1. Don't feel sorry for opening up old threads.
2. Ideas to be brought up and discussed amongst staff:

• Removing the silly invisible rule that says you have to request permission for C-rank Nukenin.
  • Possibility of opening up higher ranks, whether for an x amount of time or not.
  • Think up incentives for Nukenin without favoring them.

3. Back off Satan, he's mine now! D:
4. Staff already knows about Fox's clan. No need to discuss it further.
5. We are working on having the "Death Clauses" approved, which could help increase possibility of combat, but are still looking for more commentary from members - whether they like the clauses or not. Please comment on it if you haven't: Topic Here
6. I like everyone's ideas, keep going.
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 4 EmptyWed 22 Oct 2014, 11:50 pm

Well, the thing is really simple. People don't want to be Nukenin if they pick a village, or things like that would not hold them back. Hell, nothing held back Cross, Ulkira, Rukasu and Stan when they went Nukenin and they are still alive and kicking while they got pretty strong. As for the fighting, like I said, war is becoming a pretty big possibility on US, so there should be plenty of it soon enough. I think it's a good idea to remove the Request permission and the possibility of high ranks "Could" be opened up for a while, though it should not be up for just about everyone. Some people don't deserve to just get a spot like this either for reasons of not being able to handle it in terms of time and conflicting with other characters. An example of that would be that if I was to become some Big Bad Bear and lead a group of Nukenin, I could never attack Konohagakure because my other character is there and his will to protect is stronger than Hiruzen's will to conquer would be. I think higher ranked spots for Nukenin should only be for people who have shown that they can handle it and don't already have another character to hold them down. While Ulkira and Fox have been on and off due to their no-doubt busy life, they have always focused everything they had on just one character, which is why they managed to make waves in terms of their own personal plot and became people one would rather not fight in 1 v 1 combat (Though the fact that 1 was a Jinchuuriki and the other had an insanely powerful Anti-KKG clan was also a factor).

@Ryuuza
As for me putting words in your mouth, i'd rather keep the words clean by just saying it myself. It was stated that there should be no flaming in this thread, though it seemed that you wanted to go ahead and fire some shots anyway. I stated that giving people freebies and ranks is not a way to improve the way things are being done and will not ensure activity or the desired results. Where you got off thinking I wanted to put words in your mouth is something I personally can't figure out, though you really are the only person overreacting and making things personal yet again, though that seems to be what you do best, start shit. I didn't want to do this on this thread, so I will say it now and get it out of the way. In regards to the "being here for a long time", I specifically meant the people that have been building on plot for a long time like me, Ruka, Cross and some others that spent a lot of time and put a lot of creativity into their work. Nothing was me "misintureping", I was stating things involving stuff people like Cross, Rukasu and Stan brought up, it's not all about you Ryuuza. Don't go around behaving like a big boy by going "Don't put words in my mouth again" and telling people they are "misintureping" things when you yourself fail to grasp the content of the post and what they were aimed at.

Finally, I think some incentives or initiative for Missing Nin could easily be gained through the upcoming site plot that should come to pass rather soon. I already brought this up 3 times before, but the fact that there will be a war will mean that there will be people who are not willing to fight for their country due to already disliking something about it or simply because they have no strong tie to the village and would not fight for it for that reason. During a war, that means one pretty much becomes a deserter as refusal to fight for one's country and village is a pretty serious crime during war times. If this is played on well enough, it could give rise to at least a few Nukenin of various ranks. Still, the fact that there will be a war going on means Nukenin will be able to influence it from the shadows if they play their cards right. Putting people up against one another, fanning the flames, things like that are all well within their power during such unstable times.

Aside from the counter-flame, I hope this helped a little.
Back to top Go down
Cross
Cross

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 4 EmptyThu 23 Oct 2014, 12:05 am

Alright, alright. The flaming needs to stop. I want this thread to be civil and helpful. Not something to get derailed from trousers getting full of testosterone.

The war should, and I hope, work for nukenin in the long run. I plan to offer some things at the kage summit that will change the game a bit, so I'm personally just waiting for that thread to come up here soon. Nukenin has something that village shinobi lack in the aspects of this RP. The ability to gather tons of information easily from village by working as brokers of some sort. The group may be little, but they can have the biggest impact on the site if enough people work for it and actually use their heads IC instead of trying to meta.

As for the higher ranks becoming available, it would be nice, but the people that do have the ranks need to show that they can handle it and not use it for powerhungry-ness. I'm going to reveal a plan to the site that I was holding back with Mig and the rest of Kumo.

Mokuzai will keep his nukenin-ness but will work with Kumo. Think of it as a disguise. Most of the people he met still think he would be nuke according to his headband, but he will be serving Kumo in the long run and no one else. So, Even though Fox/Ulk are some of the top-tier nuke of the site, it's time for some people to actually buckle down and get some shit started.

November should be "Nukenin November" to give some incentive to make nukenin characters (no matter the rank) and try to get those numbers up. I would personally enjoy it if I was made the usergroup leader of nuke until someone more suit for the 'responsibilities' can do it, or Soph comes back.

I'm not saying we should have an army of nukenin, but with Ruk and myself being the main ones active, some numbers would be fantastic. Heck, make November some monthly objective to support escapes or something of the like. There is a lot of potential in missing-nin, it's just how everyone goes about it.
Back to top Go down
Enzo
Kumo Nin
Enzo

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 4 EmptyThu 23 Oct 2014, 12:12 am

I think one of the main problems with Nukenin is the fact that they are not village ninja. Nukenin are free to roam whatever country they want, and getting a story together between two nukenin is significantly more difficult because of it. There is no 'forum' for Nukenin to gather, because whenever a Nukenin wants to go anywhere, they have to post a travel topic first. In contrast, villages have like-minded individuals that are rather trustworthy (unlike say, a damn criminal), and can cooperate in social topics very easily because they don't have to post an entire travel topic, wait a few days, then start an RP with someone. But it's not just the delay in starting a topic, there's also the fact that village ninja have significantly more choice in who to RP with. Hell, not only can a village ninja RP with people in their village without worry of being killed; they can even go to other villages and RP with ninja there! Realistically a Nukenin can't do either, because contact with a village ninja as a Nukenin spells death. Especially considering that village ninja get a bonus on top of the EXP bonus for killing Nukenin. The site basically encourages Nukenin to be outcasts, and provides them with little to no choices in RP partners.

Anyway, tl;dr, applying similar measures to villages is not going to solve the problem with Nukenin activity. The only thing that will solve the problem is more Nukenin. But there's the catch 22; nobody wants to be a Nukenin, because there aren't enough active Nukenin, and there aren't enough active Nukenin because nobody wants to be a Nukenin. It's a perpetual cycle of disappointment.

My suggestion? Allow more people to make higher ranked characters as Nukenin. Be more lenient on handing out higher ranks to Nukenin, because Nukenin honestly need it more than any village. They're supposed to be dangerous criminals after all, the "villains" of the series if you will. They have to be powerful to give people a challenge when they encounter them. Having a 4 month buffer where a C-rank becomes an A-rank (and that's being generous) is way too long if you expect activity in Nukenin to increase and for clear "villains" to emerge. A C-rank isn't a villain. He's cannon fodder. Honestly, there aren't that many alternative solutions that work, and for the period of time that I've been on US, I have never seen Nukenin exceed any village's number of active roleplayers. They were even beneath Kumo for the longest time. The tools we've used thus far have been too weak to cause any change.

By the way, keep in mind that the same tools that allowed for Kumo to succeed are not going to work for Nukenin. Kumo was able to be revived because people were allowed to RP more freely. They could start topics with fellow ninja easily, they could travel to other nations to RP, and they even had a central leader, a Raikage. I'm not even going to mention the other reasons that simply being a village ninja is a benefit in and of itself to acquiring fresh blood and maintaining activity.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.darkbb.com/forum
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 4 EmptyThu 23 Oct 2014, 12:27 am

So how about the Otogakure-kind of thing? a small hidden village kind of place for Nukenin. As far as I know, we used to have places only Nukenin could enter, so why not make use of that and do for them what we do for villages?
Back to top Go down
Cross
Cross

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 4 EmptyThu 23 Oct 2014, 12:32 am

I was going to attempt to make a village in the minor countries, but it was shot down mainly because of numbers and the village defenses. There are nukenin "forums" but I haven't seen them used at all. I do like Enzos suggestion as well as everyone else's in this thread so far.
Back to top Go down
Enzo
Kumo Nin
Enzo

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 4 EmptyThu 23 Oct 2014, 12:38 am

@ Hiruzen: I assume the reasoning is because then it just becomes another village, instead of Nukenin. I guess you could theoretically have a center where Nukenin meet up to RP, and it be like the defacto spot, but still, Nukenin by their nature are criminals, and I doubt any of them would find one another trustworthy enough. Plus, who should head this "village"? I really like the idea of an akatsuki or orochimaru organization, but currently we have no active characters that can fit the role of a leader. Fox is the only S-rank Nukenin, and she's not particularly active, nor has she been in a very long time.

@ Cross: The problem with the 'forums' is that they are 1 board scattered in random locations on the map, whereas villages have dozens of different boards all located in one spot. It just boils down to convenience, and it is significantly more convenient to RP in a village than in a 1 board sized area. They were a failed idea to improve Nukenin activity.

As I said, a village could work, but there are a ton of complications with having one, not the least of which is actually making an entire forum section for it with dozens of boards.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.darkbb.com/forum
Ryuuza
Ryuuza

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 4 EmptyThu 23 Oct 2014, 2:00 am

Hiruzen wrote:

@Ryuuza
As for me putting words in your mouth, i'd rather keep the words clean by just saying it myself. It was stated that there should be no flaming in this thread, though it seemed that you wanted to go ahead and fire some shots anyway. I stated that giving people freebies and ranks is not a way to improve the way things are being done and will not ensure activity or the desired results. Where you got off thinking I wanted to put words in your mouth is something I personally can't figure out, though you really are the only person overreacting and making things personal yet again, though that seems to be what you do best, start shit. I didn't want to do this on this thread, so I will say it now and get it out of the way. In regards to the "being here for a long time", I specifically meant the people that have been building on plot for a long time like me, Ruka, Cross and some others that spent a lot of time and put a lot of creativity into their work. Nothing was me "misintureping", I was stating things involving stuff people like Cross, Rukasu and Stan brought up, it's not all about you Ryuuza. Don't go around behaving like a big boy by going "Don't put words in my mouth again" and telling people they are "misintureping" things when you yourself fail to grasp the content of the post and what they were aimed at.

Yep, I'm a dick.

I read this
Hiruzen wrote:
"As for Ulkira, both he and Fox have been on the site for a long time, meaning you should not look to them to start shit because their inactivity shows how busy they are in real life."
As "You shouldn't start shit because they are inactive."

Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 4 Powerrangers
All joking aside, my apologies

Last edited by Ryuuza on Thu 23 Oct 2014, 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WadewilsonSS33?feature=mhee
Rukasu
Rukasu

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 4 EmptyThu 23 Oct 2014, 5:15 am

I am loving the ideas... I am struggling to rank up and I would love to at least be a special jounin nukenin or something of the sort. About the village, It would be a great place to have like Pein in the rain village. How about an organization. Having one or two leaders. Everyone at least jounin rank and they all have a single goal in mind. See these things would be great to start with. once you plant the seed it will grow in time. So its still in the starting phase, and I do think that since Cross is active he should be the leader of the usergroup. I also would not mind skipping a rank only because it is difficult to pick and choose who to rp with and most of the rps are solo. so getting high exp and mp would be difficult. I feel that since there are less criminals then give them more perks. I also believe too much of one thing is not good. So how about close the nukenin group to just have ten active criminals that are chuunin or jounin rank to start. So they will be a threat and a challange.

About the village shinobi that go after nukenin, well I also believe that a jounin should not kill a c-rank criminal but instead capture. I think that the same rank should go after each other to the death. Im a c-rank and I know if Seika or Hiruzen were to find me or anyone strong they would kill me easily and all my hard work to rank up would be for nothing.

I do honestly believe that if your a criminal you should not have two chars because it would at some point defeat the purpose. I am staying active, and staying to one character. I am going to rank up as quickly as possible but it is difficult.
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 4 EmptyThu 23 Oct 2014, 3:43 pm

@Ryuuza
If you have nothing to add to the thread and just want to continue your streak of not getting what people say by going the tl;dr route and taking things out of context, you should just not post here and muck it up with your presence. You posted a full-flame post when you've just been asked not to do so. Whether it's because you feel like you need to be heard or just because you're an independent woman that don't need no man, it makes you and the thread look really bad. That's the last i'll say to you.

Rukasu wrote:
About the village shinobi that go after nukenin, well I also believe that a jounin should not kill a c-rank criminal but instead capture. I think that the same rank should go after each other to the death. Im a c-rank and I know if Seika or Hiruzen were to find me or anyone strong they would kill me easily and all my hard work to rank up would be for nothing.

I do honestly believe that if your a criminal you should not have two chars because it would at some point defeat the purpose. I am staying active, and staying to one character. I am going to rank up as quickly as possible but it is difficult.

That is kind of the problem you're facing. When I met Moku IC, I did not aim to kill him as he had not done anything to my character, any of the people he knew or to anyone in the fire country. If he had come up to me with the intention of attacking me, I sure would have defended myself and would probably have killed him if I won due to the whole "You're a Nukenin, die seed of the devil!" thing. We need to keep in mind that not all Nukenin are inherently evil, so unless you want to be the kind of person that roots out the people who Might some day become a problem, other Roleplayers should show restraint when meeting lower ranked Nukenin. I know for a fact that in Zack's Kirigakure, Nukenin were in fact welcome and hardly faced any trouble. While it's not something i'd want to go back to, I guess it is up to every person and village how one would treat a Nukenin. Aside from that, there are a few more things I have in mind.

I think the Bingo-book should be updated and the Hide-outs for Nukenin should be removed and remade into just one location set in a central location of the world so they can get from and to it in very little time. The fact that this would be a place for ALL Nukenin, someone who wants to become the leader just needs the right amount of reputation and maybe set an example to show the people who come to the Hide-out who is boss. Basically like Pain did in Amegakure, just on a far smaller scale.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Anna

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 4 EmptyThu 23 Oct 2014, 5:33 pm

The Bingo Book is being slowly updated. I hope to have it completed before the end of the weekend. I would have finished sooner but I've had a busy schedule.
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 4 EmptyMon 16 Feb 2015, 10:43 pm

Solved due to thread inactivity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] Nukenin plot, options and other things. [ Suggestions welcomed!] - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-